IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Teri is "stable, dependable, and solid".

Steve's marital endearments are all apparently based on the car commercials he watched in his youth.

I wonder if that was an ad for the 1965 Plymouth Fury.  

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Teri sucks as a mother.

She most certainly does!!  Yet their are people who want to be just like her!  

14 hours ago, Fascinated said:

That's confusing. I don't expect any of my kids will tell me I'm real today.  Should I be upset about that?  Will you guys be, because I doubt any of your kids will remember to compliment you on your realness either?  Shit. Now I'm wondering if I'm even real. 

I've long suspected I was some sort of hologram. Now this post has made me totally paranoid. If you've played Sims 3 and had a Sim die of Time Anomaly, that's me.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Time_anomaly

15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Teri sucks as a mother.

Totally agree. In fact, I am thankful every single day that she is not my mother; that I am not a Maxwell and that I have the life I have instead of the mere existence they all have.

In the Corner it mentions how Teri's had two miscarriages. I think one was after Mary (God knows where I saw this, maybe in an old Corner?) and dunno when the other was.

I too am glad Teri isn't my mother, because that would mean Steve was my father, and fuck me that'd be awful.

I feel like Teri could have been a decent mother with a different husband, one who would have pushed her to get real help for her depression and insisted the kids go to school, instead of one who pushed 5 more kids and homeschooling on her. You can never totally tell what someone is like from a blog, but I don't get the sociopath vibe from her that I get from Steve.  I get the impression she's a decent person who just didn't have the strength to fight against Steve's insanity because she was too busy drowning in depression. 

I think there are a lot of shitty mothers in this cult who would have been decent mothers under different circumstances. Michelle Duggar might have been a decent mother to 2 kids but she's  a terrible mother to 19. Teri would have probably been a much better mother if she could have sent her kids to school, etc.

I feel like this cult sets motherhood up in such a way that none of them can be good mothers. 

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I feel like this cult sets motherhood up in such a way that none of them can be good mothers. 

I think it has to - happy people in a good place get away from cults so if you want people to join / stay in your cult, you have to make sure they're miserable and feel inadequate.

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I feel like Teri could have been a decent mother with a different husband, one who would have pushed her to get real help for her depression and insisted the kids go to school, instead of one who pushed 5 more kids and homeschooling on her. You can never totally tell what someone is like from a blog, but I don't get the sociopath vibe from her that I get from Steve.  I get the impression she's a decent person who just didn't have the strength to fight against Steve's insanity because she was too busy drowning in depression. 

ITA

Teri herself has said how apprehensive she was about homeschooling.  Even when they had been doing it for awhile, she continued to question herself.  That letter she sent to her parents said it all.  She wasn't even sure she liked motherhood.

Anyone who falls apart because the first day of homeschool doesn't go as planned every year, probably shouldn't be doing it, imo.

Steve is quite the master manipulator (taking the boys out for milkshakes and crying while telling them they can't be in sports any longer) and I'm guessing Teri didn't have the ability (or think it was her place) to go against him.

She honestly looks better and more relaxed in pictures today than in her younger years.

My gripe against her is now, when she's able to relax, she's pushing younger women to do exactly as she was pushed to do.

Teri might just have been one of those people that doesn't enjoy littles very much. It's possible that she would have liked motherhood a lot more if she had just had the three, and they had gone off to school and developed their own interests. That also would have allowed her some down time during the day. Steve sucks.

6 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I think it has to - happy people in a good place get away from cults so if you want people to join / stay in your cult, you have to make sure they're miserable and feel inadequate.

Yee-IKES to the bolded--I have cut my attendance at my current congregation to almost never! I just realized: I *am* happier (more content, less self-reproachful) than ever, and I'm old! Thank you, Foudeb, for the comment!

kpmom said, 

"My gripe against [Teri] is now, when she's able to relax, she's pushing younger women to do exactly as she was pushed to do."

Dawg, yes. And it makes no difference that this is how she helps feed her (infantilized) at-home kids and psycho husband. Jesus of Nazareth talked about millstones for those who harmed little children. I'd expand that to "those who harm mothers in distress" if I could. But I can't. So there we go. 

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

That letter she sent to her parents said it all.  She wasn't even sure she liked motherhood.

I missed it.  Link?

John Ross, Gary and Bobby wished Terri a happy Mothers Day but also wanted to give blessings to their mother Ellie who has gone to live with the Lord. 

Seems you are a closet Dallas fan Stevie by not approving the brothers post.... 

50 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

John Ross, Gary and Bobby wished Terri a happy Mothers Day but also wanted to give blessings to their mother Ellie who has gone to live with the Lord. 

I am afeared he hath caught on to you, my precious. We need to get you a new ISP.

50 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am afeared he hath caught on to you, my precious. We need to get you a new ISP.

blessed blessing for that my darling.

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

John Ross, Gary and Bobby wished Terri a happy Mothers Day but also guve blessings to their mother Ellie who has gone to live with the Lord. 

What about Ray?  Granted he is only a half breed as JR called but he still counts as Ellie's stepson

Oh. My. God. That letter. I've never seen it before. That is awful! Just sad and pathetic and miserable and it wreaks of confusion. Had I written that, even my selfish ex husband would have done all in his power to keep the kids in school. Then again, for as bad as things became with my ex, in the beginning, had I felt like that he'd have known long before writing a letter to my parents and the homeschool shit never would have been an issue.

What the hell happened to Steve to make him fear life and the world and decide to wrap himself and his family in a fucked up, desperate, cocoon with him as supreme leader? What made that man go off the deep end and ultimately screw the lives of his entire family?

I'm shocked at the letter but I'm even more shocked they see it as a motivating thing - as something to share with others to 'prove' their way is the right way.

May their god have mercy on their souls.

13 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Good try but I think Steve was still addicted to THE BEAST in the late 70s/ early 80s.

The Keatons might get through and I wonder whether he'd accept messages from, Rose, Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia.

On May 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM, 16strong said:

Teri might just have been one of those people that doesn't enjoy littles very much. It's possible that she would have liked motherhood a lot more if she had just had the three, and they had gone off to school and developed their own interests. That also would have allowed her some down time during the day. Steve sucks.

Steve deffently sucks!!  He pushed his wife into something that she didn't want to do. 

The Maxwell Family went with friends to the Zoo. I thought that was interesting. I noticed two non-Maxwell Little Girls and a fundie mom; based on their coats and strollers. At least the M family buys quality strollers. Why not just admit that they were joined by friends? I forgot that the Maxwell Family doesn't like telling the blog readers the truth. Who is the other family?

Spoiler

zoo-10-300x400.jpg

Unknown little girl.

zoo-4-425x319.jpg

Little Girl in the light brown puffer coat.

zoo-2-425x318.jpg

Mom is on the right side with the red stroller.

zoo-2-2-306x400.jpg

The backside of the same women. Friends with Anna Marie?

Don't forget, they invited 'the relatives' to join them, but work kept some (Joseph & Elissa) from joining them.

My mom's life would totally suck if she counted the kids at home as family to include in everything and those outside the home as relatives to maybe 'invite along'. She hasn't had a kid at home in more than 30 years. Fortunately though, my mom and the rest of my family see everyone as family, no matter the age or place in life; no matter the familial connection. When we are all together, the aunts, uncles, cousins (first, various 'removals' and all), nieces, nephews, greats...we are all family. Period. End of story. And, we are together far more often than the arrogant Maxwells believe families unlike them are.

Again, so glad I was not born a Maxwell and so glad my heathen family proves their insanity wrong just by existing.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Good try but I think Steve was still addicted to THE BEAST in the late 70s/ early 80s.

The Keatons might get through and I wonder whether he'd accept messages from, Rose, Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia.

Or Roseanne, Dan, Becky, Darlene and DJ.

50 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Or Roseanne, Dan, Becky, Darlene and DJ.

Oh man, now I have Roseanne's laugh from the opening sequence in my head...

How about Danny, Jesse, Joey, DJ, Stephanie and Michelle? More late 80s but still :D

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived