IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I can see two so far (not sure how the fb one works since I don't do fb)

petitiononline.com/antidugg/petition.html

facebook.com/pages/Petition-to-END-the-Duggars-show/213376788734378

Neither the greatest though - I can't see any reasons.

Edit - sorry, meant no reasons on FB. the other one has reasons but to me "they don't deserve fame" isn't very compelling. it sounds like a rant. To me spelling out the links to hate groups and hitting children is more compelling. Also a single focused issue may be more effective.

Just signed the petition -- it focuses on the hypocrasy of the family. I also added my own rant about FRC in the comments section.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know this job is just about Duggar name recognition from the show, but it's still hard to believe Josh was hired for a lobbying position. Even people who don't necessarily have the education or experience to do a job like this are attractive and charming, and play on their personalities to succeed. Josh can't even play the part. He can barely even DRESS the part. I hope he crashes and burns. Hard.

We all know this job is just about Duggar name recognition from the show, but it's still hard to believe Josh was hired for a lobbying position. Even people who don't necessarily have the education or experience to do a job like this are attractive and charming, and play on their personalities to succeed. Josh can't even play the part. He can barely even DRESS the part. I hope he crashes and burns. Hard.

Agreed, and for these reasons I am surprised that they would hire someone like him. Someone fairly high up had to pull some strings because that's the only reason that makes sense. I can't believe that these FRC folks would just not their homework on him (instagram and all that) and he doesn't have any credentials for this kind of job. I think they are taking a gamble that his TLC fame is somehow going to benefit them.

Agreed, and for these reasons I am surprised that they would hire someone like him. Someone fairly high up had to pull some strings because that's the only reason that makes sense. I can't believe that these FRC folks would just not their homework on him (instagram and all that) and he doesn't have any credentials for this kind of job. I think they are taking a gamble that his TLC fame is somehow going to benefit them.

He had to have been hired for name recognition coupled with his youth.

We'll know soon enough, but my guess is that he'll mainly be jibber jabbering about the usual bullshit on webcasts and podcasts. He'll soft ball interview the wingnut of the day, play sidekick to Tony Perkins on his broadcasts, and maybe do give a few speeches at "Family-oriented" conferences.

They'll be no heavy lifting for Josh. But I still think he'll fail, primarily because he's a lazy, entitled little prick and I doubt the FRC has really vetted him, particularly with regard to his personal habits.

Agreed, Josh is a lazy, entitled little prick. He has proven that over and over based on all we've seen of him. A poster at the top of the page was questioning whether Josh was secretly terrified of taking on this position, knowing that the interns would out perform him at every turn or whether he really believed he got this job because he was awesome. I truly think he believes in his own awesomeness and that he's receiving "special favor" from the Lord for his and his family's faithfulness or some such nonsense. He thinks his life is going exactly according to "God's plan," and that he himself is an example of how God rewards those who "keep his commandments." Makes me absolutely sick.

Agreed, Josh is a lazy, entitled little prick. He has proven that over and over based on all we've seen of him. A poster at the top of the page was questioning whether Josh was secretly terrified of taking on this position, knowing that the interns would out perform him at every turn or whether he really believed he got this job because he was awesome. I truly think he believes in his own awesomeness and that he's receiving "special favor" from the Lord for his and his family's faithfulness or some such nonsense. He thinks his life is going exactly according to "God's plan," and that he himself is an example of how God rewards those who "keep his commandments." Makes me absolutely sick.

That's absolutely what he thinks and it is sickening.

If Josh were even slightly capable of self-reflection and read his (King James version) Bible a little more closely, maybe he'd be a bit wary of what's to come.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Good for General Mills! It just struck me that we might do something like some people at Daily Kos and perhaps elsewhere have done with their Flush Rush campaign. They've been putting pressure on Rush Limbaugh's advertisers to drop their sponsorship of his show. It's had a lot of impact. Sodastream is the latest in a long line of companies that have decided that they won't sponsor Rush anymore. I'll link to the diary about the Flush Rush campaign:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/1 ... -StopsRush

I got an auto reply from general mills then a canned response from "Rhonda short" assuring me that my comments will be forwarded to "the appropriate individuals."

Whatever.

My target now is delta. I want them to pull ALL the nutella. They use lots!

Is Josh actually living in DC - not in a suburb of MD or VA? If so, I think city life is gonna eat him. It's going to be harder to keep his kids in a fundy-bubble when he's piled together with everyone else in a crowded city full of secular music, science museums, graffiti, homeless people, Ivy League grads, artists, gays, immigrants, politicians, and worst of all...Democrats! DC is like 90% Democrat (which doesn't always equal liberal, but does in many cases). Sure, groups like FRC are extremely conservative, but unless he's going to stay holed up in his office or at home all the time...

Is Josh actually living in DC - not in a suburb of MD or VA? If so, I think city life is gonna eat him. It's going to be harder to keep his kids in a fundy-bubble when he's piled together with everyone else in a crowded city full of secular music, science museums, graffiti, homeless people, Ivy League grads, artists, gays, immigrants, politicians, and worst of all...Democrats! DC is like 90% Democrat (which doesn't always equal liberal, but does in many cases). Sure, groups like FRC are extremely conservative, but unless he's going to stay holed up in his office or at home all the time...

Leghumpers have said he's moving to VA.

He'd never live in DC itself, despite the staged BS on the show the other night.

Re: the bold. Yep, that's going to be the real eye-opener for him. Even if they live in a conservative suburb, both he and Anna are going to run into a lot of people different from them. Just in the course of simply living in this diverse area, shopping there, commuting to work, attending political functions (and yes, Anna will be at some of them) etc. Even at the FRC, Josh is going to find that other conservatives are different as not all are quiverfull, full-on fundies with SOTDRT educations like him. It's gonna be a shocker.

What about a petition through change.org or a similar site phrased something like "TLC, remove Josh Duggar from your network for working for a hate group"?

It's a bit specific, but I think that makes it stand out as opposed to a general call to remove the show altogether with reference to the FRC in the description.

Fox news ran a short article so I thought I would see what way they twisted his move. It was mostly factual and was not open to comments:( I would have love to comment on fox news about it, Here is any interesting line:

"TLC says it will continue to focus on the Duggar clan in Arkansas and that Josh's political work won't be a plot point on the show."

Now how can that be true when we have seen they are clearly taping the move. It seems to be the only exciting thing happening at the TTT right now.

The news is everywhere now. Here are just a few news sites/blogs; some with interesting comments.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... -arm-in-dc

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/B ... 371603038/

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2013 ... -dc-bound/

I like this one:

http://www.edgeonthenet.com/news/politi ... ti-gay_frc

"There is no record of an Executive Director position previously existing with the FRC, so it is unclear whether the job was created for Duggar, a former used car salesman whose highest level of completed education is a high school GED, or whether Duggar’s placement was part of a search for talent."

Whatcha gonna do about it, TLC?

Fox news ran a short article so I thought I would see what way they twisted his move. It was mostly factual and was not open to comments:( I would have love to comment on fox news about it, Here is any interesting line:

"TLC says it will continue to focus on the Duggar clan in Arkansas and that Josh's political work won't be a plot point on the show."

Now how can that be true when we have seen they are clearly taping the move. It seems to be the only exciting thing happening at the TTT right now.

I wonder if they will continue to feature Josh, Anna & the three M children but will cover their asses by not mentioning FRC or the exact nature of the new job.

I wonder if they will continue to feature Josh, Anna & the three M children but will cover their asses by not mentioning the exact nature of the new job.

I'm sure that's the plan.

TLC can run from it, but the internets ain't never gonna let them hide. Especially if, as expected, Josh has a visible role in FRC Action's media efforts.

Josh just updated his facebook to say he is living in DC? I wonder if he really got some sweet free housing or if this is another "secret" they are going to try and keep till a big reveal on TLC that they are living in a suburb?

Television, movies, art, what have you is supposed to be representative of all viewpoints, even those that you disagree with. If you don't like a show or show's viewpoint that's one thing, but why try to run them off the face of the earth? How can you fight intolerance with intolerance? Seems rather short sighted and yes, bigoted to me.

Bigotry is more than just showing hateful attitudes due to someone's sexual orientation, it also includes religious beliefs.

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, and intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

quote="JenniferJuniper"]

I wonder if they will continue to feature Josh, Anna & the three M children but will cover their asses by not mentioning the exact nature of the new job.

I'm sure that's the plan.

TLC can run from it, but the internets ain't never gonna let them hide. Especially if, as expected, Josh has a visible role in FRC Action's media efforts.

From the ArkansasOnline article:

The job came out of a conversation Perkins had with the younger Duggar at the March for Life in January. In hiring him, the group — known for its anti-abortion, anti-gay-marriage stances — hopes to appeal to more young people and to tap into the popularity of his evangelical clan.

Appeal to young people? Hah!

It also seems like this job was made Josh. No doubt now that this isn't because he's qualified for anything, it's about capitalizing on his notoriety.

Oh, this is from the Washington Post article:

TLC says that it’s not planning one — and don’t look for much Beltway politics on the show, either. “We’ll continue to follow the Duggar family in Arkansas,†said spokeswoman Shannon Martin, as well as Josh and Anna’s “life in the big city.†But when it comes to Duggar’s new day job, the cameras won’t follow him there.

They are going to totally ignore it. Assholes.

Where's that list of companies to boycott?

Television, movies, art, what have you is supposed to be representative of all viewpoints, even those that you disagree with. If you don't like a show or show's viewpoint that's one thing, but why try to run them off the face of the earth? How can you fight intolerance with intolerance? Seems rather short sighted and yes, bigoted to me.

Bigotry is more than just showing hateful attitudes due to someone's sexual orientation, it also includes religious beliefs.

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, and intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if Josh worked for an organization that was actively campaigning to keep rights from, say, black people? How about if said organization also compared black people to pedophiles? Would the disagreement and outrage people would undoubtedly feel be "bigotry" against the people holding such views, especially if their views were based on their religious beliefs?

Sorry, but until major gay activism groups start campaigning against Christians being allowed to marry, start praising foreign presidents whose governments imprison Christians, etc., you can't compare the two. At all.

I take it you don't know much about the Family Research Council.

http://www.advocate.com/news/world-news ... xample-god

Out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if Josh worked for an organization that was actively campaigning to keep rights from, say, black people? How about if said organization also compared black people to pedophiles? Would the disagreement and outrage people would undoubtedly feel be "bigotry" against the people holding such views, especially if their views were based on their religious beliefs?

Sorry, but until major gay activism groups start campaigning against Christians being allowed to marry, start praising foreign presidents whose governments imprison Christians, etc., you can't compare the two. At all.

Just an FYI, scarygirl is a troll who has written stuff like this before and doesn't approve of gay marriage.

We are exercising our right to let TLC know we will not "purchase" their "product" because we do not like what the product promotes.

No, no it's not. Hate speech is illegal in any parts of theworld and should be in the US, too. Are you lobbying to have holocaust denying docos on PBS? Pedophilia fetish flicks on late night TV?

Before anyone starts dissolving into a puddle of tears over how unfair some people are being to widdle Smuggar Duggar and poor, poor TLC, let’s put things in their proper perspective, shall we?

For years now, through careful scripting and editing, TLC has been promoting the Duggars as representative of the best of America. A wholesome, harmless, principled family who live in harmony with each other and the world around them. No mention of Gothardism. No real discussion of the depth of their patriarchal world view or of the total subservience of women and children that is required by their religion. We've never heard about the racist undertones of the quiverfull movement and it's extremist political ambitions for this country.

Fast forward to 2013 and one of the main characters who has benefited from the aforementioned kid gloves by TLC is suddenly given a high level executive position with a Political Action Committee, despite the fact that he has nothing but a GED and a few years of experience pretending to sell used cars.

Here's some background information on Josh's new employer. (yeah, it's from Wiki but I'm tired).

The Southern Poverty Law Center designated the FRC as a hate group in the Winter 2010 issue of its magazine, Intelligence Report. Aside from statements made earlier in the year by Sprigg and Perkins (see Statements on homosexuality), the SPLC described the FRC as a “font of anti-gay propaganda throughout its history" As evidence, the SPLC cited a 1999 publication by the FRC, Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex With Boys, which claimed: “one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets’ of a new sexual order.†The report said FRC senior research fellows Tim Dailey and Peter Sprigg (2001) had "pushed false accusations linking gay men to pedophilia.

In 2010, the FRC paid $25,000 to congressional lobbyists for what they described as "Res.1064 Ugandan Resolution Pro-homosexual promotion" in a lobbying disclosure report. The US House of Representatives resolution condemned the Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill, a bill which, among other things, would have imposed either the death penalty or life imprisonment for sexual relations between persons of the same sex.

There's much more, but you get basic gist.

TLC's manipulation and distortions of the truth set up Josh for this position. If they are going to continue to whitewash what's going on and continue to make money doing it, they're going to - quite rightly - hear from people in whatever form best gets their attention. It’s our right.

And I'm sorry, but this "You have to be tolerant of intolerant people or you'll be intolerant too" bullshit is just that. Bullshit.

Just an FYI, scarygirl is a troll who has written stuff like this before and doesn't approve of gay marriage.

Thanks, I think I remembered that but felt the need to smack the ignorant idiot anyway.

Archived