IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

On the bright side, most of the comments on that article was disapproving- no leghumpers there, at least.

To be fair, the article was on the GLAAD website, so it was like "the preacher informing the choir." I wouldn't expect to see many Dugger fans on the GLAAD website.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see how well Josh will manage to keep on-time (no Duggar time) and on task. I wonder if the FRC realizes how much they will have train him in the basics of going to work.

I'd be willing to bet that most of us out here know far, far more about Josh and his habits than the FRC does.

Let's see how well Josh will manage to keep on-time (no Duggar time) and on task. I wonder if the FRC realizes how much they will have train him in the basics of going to work.

Smug's new job makes me feel even sorrier for Anna, because it'll probably be her "jurisdiction" to make sure Smuggar gets up, has pressed clothing, and leaves on time. I can't see Smuggar ironing a shirt or setting an alarm clock for himself.

Anna's kids are 3, 2, newborn, and 25. :roll:

Smug's new job makes me feel even sorrier for Anna, because it'll probably be her "jurisdiction" to make sure Smuggar gets up, has pressed clothing, and leaves on time. I can't see Smuggar ironing a shirt or setting an alarm clock for himself.

Anna's kids are 3, 2, newborn, and 25. :roll:

You forgot breakfast! Anna will also be required to cook a hearty breakfast for Smuggar each morning -- regardless of whether Smugs is heading into the office or Anna is in labor awaiting the birth of an M'child.

Josh Duggar, the oldest of the Duggar children from TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, has accepted a job at the Family Research Council (FRC), making him an outright anti-gay activist. FRC has been classified as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and has a long history of attacking the LGBT community and their friends, family and allies. [more . . .] http://www.glaad.org/blog/josh-duggar-takes-job-anti-gay-family-research-council

In the comments, is the poster, Sam Jordan related to cousin Amy? He says he told Josh to stfu. Just wondering if he is a Jordan relative.

A job he should ace.

Provided he can drag his smug ass out of bed early enough every morning to spread his employer's hatred of gays, women, and anyone who doesn't think this country should be a theocracy with Jesus as permanent president and the spirit of Ronald Reagan as the perpetual vice president.

Yep. Josh would get raises and bonuses by the buttload for his work if he was the Executive Director of Smugness.

I do wonder how this will all work out in regards to Duggar time. It amazes me that Josh at his age, now with three kids, has yet to really take responsibilty for his life choices. Everything has been handed to him while he gets to sleep in and instagram at record speed. Did he list those two things on his resume? Is that what landed him the job, the ability to be late for no good reason and type really fast with his thumbs?

Sorry, but I just cannot be happy for Josh knowing he will be working to ensure many do not have the same civil liberties and protection under the law many others have. Can't do it.

Yep. Josh would get raises and bonuses by the buttload for his work if he was the Executive Director of Smugness.

I do wonder how this will all work out in regards to Duggar time. It amazes me that Josh at his age, now with three kids, has yet to really take responsibilty for his life choices. Everything has been handed to him while he gets to sleep in and instagram at record speed. Did he list those two things on his resume? Is that what landed him the job, the ability to be late for no good reason and type really fast with his thumbs?

Sorry, but I just cannot be happy for Josh knowing he will be working to ensure many do not have the same civil liberties and protection under the law many others have. Can't do it.

Re: the bolded, yes I am amazed about the same. However, I think we are about to see reality hit big time for Josh. I get the impression that "Duggar time was treated as somewhat funny by the family (don't know about everyone else, though) on the show, but for the FRC I don't think it will a be laughing matter.

Re: the bolded, yes I am amazed about the same. However, I think we are about to see reality hit big time for Josh. I get the impression that "Duggar time was treated as somewhat funny by the family (don't know about everyone else, though) on the show, but for the FRC I don't think it will a be laughing matter.

I agree. I think Josh will have a difficult transition. Though I believe that Josh needs to take responsibility for his life at the age of twenty five as a father, husband, and adult, I will say his parents have not done him any favors by their child-rearing techniques.

Did anyone else notice that the first comment on the GLAAD page referred to the Pecan Thief?

I have started sending out emails (especially after getting the feeling Tony Perkins likes the idea of Josh being a TLC star). One company that wrote back, general mills, they had several ads on during the VSE said they will not advertise with shows that their consumer base is opposed to. They also said they preview shows and were unaware of the employer. General mills has a quick contact us form(all the personal info was option, I left only an email to see if they would respond), so if you wanted to write a quick email, this one might be worth it.

It seems like only a few news outlets are reporting about the job. the Washington post had an article, with only one positive comment. the rest were basically what qualifies him to get this job?

I think it would be interesting to see how Josh does in his new job. It's obvious to me that he was hired due to his celebrity status. Just glancing at his co-workers' resume highlight the difference in education and work history. Josh has never attended higher education, was completely homeschooled with the Duggars' DIY education system and has spent most of his career selling used cars. It looks like the FRC will use him to raise money. They will probably tout him around town, have him shake hands and speak with Very Important Conservatives and smile for the cameras. The title they give him is to make him feel good. Honestly, I doubt he'll be doing research or making policies. Even the FRC has standards.

I wonder what Josh thinks of all this. I know many naive teens and college students who think they will waltz into cushy jobs with nice titles because they are that awesome. I wonder if Josh also thinks he truly deserves this position. After all, he has no education and little experience in the political policy sphere. Does he think this is a vindication of what he's been told (i.e that he is pretty awesome and a born leader)? Or is he terrified, knowing that he was hired due to his family's TV show and will probably have interns running circles around him?

The most important question is, will he show a proper work ethic now that he has a job which requires him to do actual work? Getting up early every morning, doing a full day's work, and probably working some evenings and weekends (schmoozing doesn't stop at 5pm!)....all this requires discipline. What's more, Anna will have far less time to take care of his needs. She has three young kids under 5 and no babysitters on hand. Josh will actually have to pick up the slack at home now as well.

I hope TLC will film some of Josh's adventures in DC. It would be interesting to see him try his hand in the real world. I've always enjoyed watching Josh and Anna and their wacky hijinks. DC just amps up the fun.

If he was hired for his celebrity status & to media & shake hand at events I doubt he will have a daily 8-5 workday. He will most likely have to go to meetings a few times a week and attend events. The rest of his work will be done at home or via his TLC/instagram/twitter ministry. Someone had posted the salaries of his co-workers in similar titles and if I recall correctly very few worked over 35 hours a week and who knows how much of that is lunches, fundraisers and media. Josh getting paid 100k-150k a year might be a bargain for the publicity FRC gets. Up until now most of the publicity has been negative or surrounding the shooting last year.

I have started sending out emails (especially after getting the feeling Tony Perkins likes the idea of Josh being a TLC star). One company that wrote back, general mills, they had several ads on during the VSE said they will not advertise with shows that their consumer base is opposed to. They also said they preview shows and were unaware of the employer. General mills has a quick contact us form(all the personal info was option, I left only an email to see if they would respond), so if you wanted to write a quick email, this one might be worth it.

It seems like only a few news outlets are reporting about the job. the Washington post had an article, with only one positive comment. the rest were basically what qualifies him to get this job?

That's probably why the announcement was timed the way it was. Damage control had to be done when Michelle leaked the info about the job back in March just before the season was about to start because it was starting to be picked up on various sites and blogs. FRC started to back down and denied he had the job (probably at the Duggars' request) and TLC then went out of its way to keep the job out of focus, and then built a "will they or won't they?" episode to make it appear it wasn't already a done deal. They didn't let it be known they were definitely moving for him to take the job until the end of the season.

But now the show is on hiatus and TLC is no doubt hoping the news about what Josh is actually doing will have faded away by the time the next season starts. And it appears there will be a next season as Josh posted pictures of them all doing new intros just recently.

As far as I'm concerned, if TLC is broadcasting a reality show in which an anti-gay extremist activist is positively featured, the network is likewise advocating those positions.

It's up to us to spread the word.

Good for General Mills! It just struck me that we might do something like some people at Daily Kos and perhaps elsewhere have done with their Flush Rush campaign. They've been putting pressure on Rush Limbaugh's advertisers to drop their sponsorship of his show. It's had a lot of impact. Sodastream is the latest in a long line of companies that have decided that they won't sponsor Rush anymore. I'll link to the diary about the Flush Rush campaign:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/1 ... -StopsRush

I think it would be interesting to see how Josh does in his new job. It's obvious to me that he was hired due to his celebrity status. Just glancing at his co-workers' resume highlight the difference in education and work history. Josh has never attended higher education, was completely homeschooled with the Duggars' DIY education system and has spent most of his career selling used cars. It looks like the FRC will use him to raise money. They will probably tout him around town, have him shake hands and speak with Very Important Conservatives and smile for the cameras. The title they give him is to make him feel good. Honestly, I doubt he'll be doing research or making policies. Even the FRC has standards.

I wonder what Josh thinks of all this. I know many naive teens and college students who think they will waltz into cushy jobs with nice titles because they are that awesome. I wonder if Josh also thinks he truly deserves this position. After all, he has no education and little experience in the political policy sphere. Does he think this is a vindication of what he's been told (i.e that he is pretty awesome and a born leader)? Or is he terrified, knowing that he was hired due to his family's TV show and will probably have interns running circles around him?

The most important question is, will he show a proper work ethic now that he has a job which requires him to do actual work? Getting up early every morning, doing a full day's work, and probably working some evenings and weekends (schmoozing doesn't stop at 5pm!)....all this requires discipline. What's more, Anna will have far less time to take care of his needs. She has three young kids under 5 and no babysitters on hand. Josh will actually have to pick up the slack at home now as well.

I hope TLC will film some of Josh's adventures in DC. It would be interesting to see him try his hand in the real world. I've always enjoyed watching Josh and Anna and their wacky hijinks. DC just amps up the fun.

If Boob could serve a full term in the AR House, Smuggar can entertain far right haters and attend hate events. Honestly, it's the perfect job for him. Perfect location? Maybe not. Perfect job? possibly.

Gag me with a spoon. At least there's a few people who AREN'T congratulating this new "executive director" on his new job.

post-1449-14451997995643_thumb.jpg

I would be on board with an anti-FRC/Duggar campaign. Anybody want to spearhead?

I would be happy to help. My EDS(vascular condition) has been keeping me at home lately with lots of free time on my hands. I was very active in the get Kate Gosselin off TLC campaign. I have written down all the ads from the past 5 shows and have been emailing and as well as hand wrote 3 letters. I also think it is important to send basic facts to reality tv websites that ask for tips on stories like starcasm, reality tea. I wrote to perez Hilton and he did a story but he focused on gladd only which some people are turned off by. I have also searched all the announcements online and commented on everyone that didn't make me go through a long registration process.

I think if everyone writes five quick emails a day and makes 5 comments on facebooks, news stories or websites it will make a difference. Right now when I go to an article about Josh's job there are maybe 4-5 of the same people commenting. We need to show numbers.

There is also been a call for an official petition on many sites. I haven't found one yet(The Duggar family blog says is there is a petition to get the show cancelled?) I didn't want to start a new one if one already out there. If anyone finds one please post the link.

I can see two so far (not sure how the fb one works since I don't do fb)

petitiononline.com/antidugg/petition.html

facebook.com/pages/Petition-to-END-the-Duggars-show/213376788734378

Neither the greatest though - I can't see any reasons.

Edit - sorry, meant no reasons on FB. the other one has reasons but to me "they don't deserve fame" isn't very compelling. it sounds like a rant. To me spelling out the links to hate groups and hitting children is more compelling. Also a single focused issue may be more effective.

Good for General Mills and thank you silverspoons for contacting them. Silverspoons have you contacted Amazon.com? Amazon is on a list in that boycott thread that Buzzard started. I have been thinking about contacting them, but I have kept putting if off. I think Amazon would likely pull out mainly because CEO Jeff Bezos supports gay marriage. Here is the link to the thread that Buzzard started that lists the sponsors. The list of sponsors from the granddugar 3 VSE is incomplete. I tuned very late, but I listed a few sponsors.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17448

Someone tell me what to do and I'll get on it. Is anybody still in school? Contact college groups of GLAAD and such? I think my law school might have one still.

This may be old news, so forgive me if this is repetitive. I just read on thehollywoodgossip.com an article about how GLADD is less that thrilled about Josh joining FRC.

Makes me wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg (shit storm) with negativity that the Duggars are about to receive?

According to the Huffington Post, he'll be executive director of the lobbying arm of FRC - so a lobbyist rather than a researcher. Still, don't even lobbyists need to have experience? I work for a policy research firm in DC (a real one, not FRC), but even our research assistants often arrive with graduate degrees. You need at least a bachelor's and preferably a master's or doctorate to get into a leadership position of any kind.

I agree with other posters that he'll be trotted around like a show horse to give pre-written speeches and such. No way they're going to let him do any decision making, at least not for a long while.

Archived