IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

Yep, and what happens if Mack goes to those play dates and birthday parties and sees how other people live? Or if she is kept from them and left out when Josh and Anna realize that people around them are different and want to protect her? Either way, it's going to make some impression on her.

i don't think they'll hold the kids back. little by little, j&a are becoming more fundy-lite with each coming day.

soon kynzie and anna will be wearing pants and jeans, with no skirt over them! can't wait!

they will get to experience life outside of the duggar family! the kids will have play dates, anna may attend a mothers group.

once the rest of the duggar kids catch wind that there is life outside of the duggar-prison, they begin "rebelling" (by that, i mean, being normal.)

YAY. FREEDOM.

...or maybe this is my wishful thinking.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think they'll hold the kids back. little by little, j&a are becoming more fundy-lite with each coming day.

soon kynzie and anna will be wearing pants and jeans, with no skirt over them! can't wait!

they will get to experience life outside of the duggar family! the kids will have play dates, anna may attend a mothers group.

once the rest of the duggar kids catch wind that there is life outside of the duggar-prison, they begin "rebelling" (by that, i mean, being normal.)

YAY. FREEDOM.

...or maybe this is my wishful thinking.

We can hope. Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...

If they end up in a neighborhood like some of my family lives in, in Northern Virginia, even if they don't interact with others they are going to be exposed to a ton more diversity than exists in bumfuck Arkansas just by walking out their door to go to the car. Seriously. And going to the store, or taking the kids out to play? Most definitely.

Part of me is laughing evilly at the thought but most of me hopes that this turns out to be good for them. Especially the kids.

This. Very much this. I really want to know in which suburb they'll be living. Maybe Josh will let it slip?

This. Very much this. I really want to know in which suburb they'll be living. Maybe Josh will let it slip?

Ordinarily, I find the Duggars really boring, but I am dying to know where they'll be living. If he posts a picture of their house, even without identifying information, I may be able to tell where it is. (Hidden talent that comes from looking all over the area for a house to buy for 3+ years.) Not sure whether it would be OK to post the name of the area on the board, though, if Smuggar doesn't say it himself.

Ordinarily, I find the Duggars really boring, but I am dying to know where they'll be living. If he posts a picture of their house, even without identifying information, I may be able to tell where it is. (Hidden talent that comes from looking all over the area for a house to buy for 3+ years.) Not sure whether it would be OK to post the name of the area on the board, though, if Smuggar doesn't say it himself.

What's your best guess of Josh's new home town?

I have mentioned before I could see him in Ashburn, or Leesburg. I can't wait to Duggar spot at Wegmens and Costco! (Not that I would ever say anything). :dance:

I have mentioned before I could see him in Ashburn, or Leesburg. I can't wait to Duggar spot at Wegmens and Costco! (Not that I would ever say anything). :dance:

Those are real possibilities. Maybe Manassas. I just can't see them anywhere in Fairfax County. Any place they could afford/would be willing to pay for is likely to be too diverse for them.

I haven't seen obvious fundies 'round these parts in at least 10 years. This should be reallllly interesting for Smuggar and family.

Those are real possibilities. Maybe Manassas. I just can't see them anywhere in Fairfax County. Any place they could afford/would be willing to pay for is likely to be too diverse for them.

I haven't seen obvious fundies 'round these parts in at least 10 years. This should be reallllly interesting for Smuggar and family.

I think Ashburn and Leesburg are decent guesses, but I'm more inclined to think they will head towards Stafford or even Fredricksburg, assuming that housing is not part of Josh's compensation package. I live and work inside the Beltway, and I'm amazed at the number of colleagues who live down that way. For their sake, I hope they don't go quite that far--regardless of my feelings about the kid's job, I hate to see anybody with that type of commute. I have no doubt that they'll be in Virginia instead of Maryland because of politics/taxes here in Virginia.

I don't even like to drive down past Stafford on the weekend. There is always traffic! Even on Sundays!

Stafford is defiantly way more affordable the Fairfax or Loudon! Stafford is very rural.

Let me know if you spot them, and I'll be right over. I agree with Ashburn or Leesburg, if they can afford it. Otherwise maybe Manassas.

I'm sure some helpful local leglumper will gush about running into them at the local Wal-Mart soon enough.

They could be staying in temporary corporate housing for now. Unless there were other trips to DC that Smuggar didn't document, they may not have time to get the lay of the land let alone find a suitable house. I hope they brought along at least one of those “built-in babysitters†- as Josh calls them - for Anna's sake. It can’t be easy setting up house in a strange city with a brand new baby and two tots.

Josh was apparently on Tony Perkins' radio show today "giving an update on his future plans for his work here in Washington, D.C." I missed it.

I'm sure some helpful local leglumper will gush about running into them at the local Wal-Mart soon enough.

They could be staying in temporary corporate housing for now. Unless there were other trips to DC that Smuggar didn't document, they may not have time to get the lay of the land let alone find a suitable house. I hope they brought along at least one of those “built-in babysitters†- as Josh calls them - for Anna's sake. It can’t be easy setting up house in a strange city with a brand new baby and two tots.

Josh was apparently on Tony Perkins' radio show today "giving an update on his future plans for his work here in Washington, D.C." I missed it.

I was just coming here to post about the radio show. Did anyone listen?

Tony Perkins was just on CNN bemoaning the SCOTUS decisions. It must be a sad, sad day for them.

And a very happy day for everyone else!

I was just coming here to post about the radio show. Did anyone listen?

They put up the recording here:

frc.org/get.cfm?c=RADIO

Poor Joshie, third day of work and trouble. Hope FRC has him ready to pound the pavement immediately over today's Supreme Court decision! Maybe, no lunch break for him today!

Pardon if this has been discussed, but it looks like Smug's new boss might be a WOMAN! That is, assuming the President of FRCAction is a higher level than the Executive Director (gag!).

FRC must have told Josh to calm down on his twitter and instagram accounts.

He has a disclaimer on his twitter and didn't say much about the Supreme Court ruling.

I just listened to Josh's bit on that show. Talk about...uh...some...uh...unintelligent...uh...non-answers. Good luck in Washington Smugs, your SOTDRT is showing.

The FRC has to appeal to ALL conservatives--not just Gothardites...hence employing women and a few minority speakers.

I bet FRC is pissed at the Young Conservatives for the Freedom to Marry organization. The Huntsman sisters were involved in that group.

I just listened to Josh's bit on that show. Talk about...uh...some...uh...unintelligent...uh...non-answers. Good luck in Washington Smugs, your SOTDRT is showing.

Ooo. Transcript?

Someone needs to take the fall for the rest of us and post them. My ears can't take the stupidity. I already have 1/4 of my law school class spouting brilliance which includes "building an empire, this will make us shatter" and "fudge packers". Stupid dickhead.

I can't transcribe word for word but here's a summary. If you haven't listened to it, don't bother, because there is really nothing more.

Tony starts out by saying Josh has worked in politics at both the Arkansas and the Federal level (presumably referring here to Frothy and the rep in Arkansas who pushed the fetal heartbeat law) and was hired to head up a "grass roots army" to take back our country. Josh’s answers to Tony’s questions were all mostly off-point and rambling.

Josh said he’s happy to be working with the FRC and that he’s served under a lot of successful (?) people, although he and his family measure success a little differently. They measure it on principals and conviction. (I guess this is his way of covering for the fact that he and his family almost always back losers.) His dad ran for the US Senate and lost, but he obeyed the Word and decided his family should go on an entertainment and media journey to share the Lord’s message.

What are his plans for the new job?

He plans to challenge Christians because there is a lot they can do to get involved. His family has learned about the great challenges of raising a family. He wants to give his generation (people in their 20’s) the tools to jump in and make a difference. (He didn’t describe these tools or how he plans of giving them to the young people of America)

Tony then talked about homeschoolers (and basically implied they were usually good little wingnut soilders). He asked Josh about the government taking away the rights of homeschoolers.

Josh says our leaders today don’t understand the individual rights set out in the constitution. He agrees homeschooled people are much more engaged because they understand “we are in charge†when it comes to individual rights and raising children and he plans on talking with these people.

Tony ended by saying, “Watch out for that traffic on the way home, Josh, it’s a little different than in Arkansas!†Smuggar laughed and said “Definitely!â€

Josh says our leaders today don’t understand the individual rights set out in the constitution.

Equal parts :head-desk: and :laughing-rolling:

I would pay any amount of money to hear this turd recite the Constitution. Also, Josh dear - you might wanna read the first amendment. A first year law student could rip him to shreds. Ohh, please set him up for a debate.

This has been going around my fellow law schoolers. Seems apropro for the times.

555260_370761049656867_1100597046_n.jpg

I really don't understand the idea of using Josh to appeal to young people. He might be young by the calendar, but his family life, behavior, and views are like that of your crotchety uncle you avoid at family reunions.

Archived