IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

Wow...lot's of Detroit area people on this board!!! Please keep all food suggestions coming. And any ideas for things to do that a newcomer might not know about. And can I have a big "hell yeah" for leaving the bible belt and moving to an area that seems a bit more progressive? So tired of being preached to and told that I just need a man and god in my life.

HELL YEAH! I lived in the Bible Belt for most of my life before I came back to Michigan. Holy crap, is it different.

El Guapo's food truck is on WSU's campus at least once a week, usually. Their tacos are really, really good. They also go to Eastern Market, so check their website or like them on FB to find out where and when.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad to hear as from my memory of DC the first area on the map that Josh sent Anna to was ok but the second area maybe so not so ok for Anna to walking alone with small children.I am sure with camera guys and a body guard you won't have an issue but walking it alone for someone like Anna espically at night may not be in her best interest.Of course maybe DC has changed since its been long time since I have been there.

It defenfity not the worst part of DC but Is a but rougher then what the Duggars are used to.

DC has changed a lot, most of the really unsafe neighborhoods are becoming increasingly gentrified and filled up with white middle class young-uns (I know, I've been one of them for 7 years now). And anyway, as someone else said, Josh and Anna are not moving to DC, they're moving to the suburbs in VA. Anywhere they would go in the city would probably be staying to specific areas that other tourists go to (the Mall, Dupont, Farragut, Georgetown, etc). I see the FRC is in Gallery Place, and I have a feeling the main times Josh and Anna will see actual DC is when he goes in to work and the handful of times a year they otherwise visit the city to sightsee.

I tried to listen to joshie's interview but apparently it's not broadcast anywhere in my area. Too civilized? Lol

Aaand and it's official!

Josh duggar is "executive director" at family research council.

Let the boycotts begin!

post-315-14451997994358_thumb.jpg

Not only do I think its highly unlikely that Josh & family will live in DC itself, I think its unlikely they will be joining me here in Maryland, land of gay marriage & lots of Democratic politicians. I predict they will end up in Loudon County, VA. Josh will have a hella long commute, and he will drive himself in a big gas guzzler, and will constantly bitch about it. But he will probably arrange to "work from home" some days.

As I understand it Josh is working for the PAC (Political Action Committee). My guess is that most of his 'duties' will involve him shmoozing potential donors at various events. I doubt he spends much actual time in DC at the office.

How in the hell is Smuggar qualified to Executive Director for Family Research Council's PAC? My only hope is that he'll fuck up so badly that he hurts the organization's political activities.

Looking at the comments on his announcement, it cracks me up how desperate Angie is to be friends with Josh and Anna. It looks like she and her husband are quite a bit older than them, too.

Everything you never wanted to know about Josh's new employer compliments of wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council

He will be working for the PAC, as I understand it.

frcactionpac.org/

Isn't the guy who runs this place the same guy who came out on public radio and told parents to go around paddling kids that have ADHD because ADHD was just excuse to let kids misbehave .I think we got us a Family Research council full of loons and Josh Is the biggest looney of them all. :pink-shock:

How in the hell is Smuggar qualified to Executive Director for Family Research Council's PAC? My only hope is that he'll fuck up so badly that he hurts the organization's political activities.

Actually, I think he very well could. Unless someone mentors him, which is possible, but then it raises the question (to me at least) of why hire someone at that level that needs to be mentored to the degree that Josh is gonna need.

Josh was hired for his TLC publicity, but I am not sure that it's really going to do anything for him. I think that time where it would have been possible is past, I think.

Jim Bob, can Jana come out to play?

I think they'd come out, give you a bible/tract and then pray for your sinful nature.

Josh Duggar, the oldest of the Duggar children from TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, has accepted a job at the Family Research Council (FRC), making him an outright anti-gay activist. FRC has been classified as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and has a long history of attacking the LGBT community and their friends, family and allies. [more . . .] http://www.glaad.org/blog/josh-duggar-takes-job-anti-gay-family-research-council

Josh Duggar, the oldest of the Duggar children from TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, has accepted a job at the Family Research Council (FRC), making him an outright anti-gay activist. FRC has been classified as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and has a long history of attacking the LGBT community and their friends, family and allies. [more . . .] http://www.glaad.org/blog/josh-duggar-takes-job-anti-gay-family-research-council

I can't even believe how nauseating this is....

Here's hoping an uprising worthy of Panem will develop.

I can't even believe how nauseating this is....

We can only hope.

The FRC is hoping that Josh's notiriety as part of that happy, wholesome family will win unsuspecting / unquestioning fans to their cause. However, equal marriage is making it's way into law throughout the country and I wonder if this will backfire instead. It should.

I wonder if Josh quietly told his lesbian aunt (MIchelle's sister) about his new job with the anti-gay hate group, before the public announcement was made. She must be so proud of her sister, boob-in-law and their brood.

Executive Director of Smugness.

A job he should ace.

Provided he can drag his smug ass out of bed early enough every morning to spread his employer's hatred of gays, women, and anyone who doesn't think this country should be a theocracy with Jesus as permanent president and the spirit of Ronald Reagan as the perpetual vice president.

I wonder if Josh quietly told his lesbian aunt (MIchelle's sister) about his new job with the anti-gay hate group, before the public announcement was made. She must be so proud of her sister, boob-in-law and their brood.

I bet she hasnt even seen the kids in a while. Theyre fine with Amy providing a bit of difference to the family, because her "sins" are minor things like wearing pants and dating, and they can show that Amy's boyfriends break up with her all the time and stuff and use her as a bad example. I imagine that something like being gay would be a great way to have someone like Michelle disown you, or at least keep you away from her kids in case they think its okay to be gay. I dont know much about Michelle's sister, but I imagine she has been in long term relationships and is a nice person, and goes against the fundie view of gay people as evil and promiscuous.

I have to admit, I would be pretty pissed off if my nephew joined a hate group against gay people. I imagine she isnt very proud of him for that, and I cant see her having a positive view of what Michelle is doing to her children.

I volunteer Josh as tribute...

On the bright side, most of the comments on that article was disapproving- no leghumpers there, at least.

I bet she hasnt even seen the kids in a while. Theyre fine with Amy providing a bit of difference to the family, because her "sins" are minor things like wearing pants and dating, and they can show that Amy's boyfriends break up with her all the time and stuff and use her as a bad example. I imagine that something like being gay would be a great way to have someone like Michelle disown you, or at least keep you away from her kids in case they think its okay to be gay. I dont know much about Michelle's sister, but I imagine she has been in long term relationships and is a nice person, and goes against the fundie view of gay people as evil and promiscuous.

I have to admit, I would be pretty pissed off if my nephew joined a hate group against gay people. I imagine she isnt very proud of him for that, and I cant see her having a positive view of what Michelle is doing to her children.

I volunteer Josh as tribute...

I'd be shocked if they're even permitted to speak/know of the lesbian aunt.

A job he should ace.

Provided he can drag his smug ass out of bed early enough every morning to spread his employer's hatred of gays, women, and anyone who doesn't think this country should be a theocracy with Jesus as permanent president and the spirit of Ronald Reagan as the perpetual vice president.

Let's see how well Josh will manage to keep on-time (no Duggar time) and on task. I wonder if the FRC realizes how much they will have train him in the basics of going to work.

Archived