IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

Would they have done the same (kept following them but kept his job details a secret) if he was in the KKK?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would they have done the same (kept following them but kept his job details a secret) if he was in the KKK?

Tony Perkins, Josh's new boss, has ties to the KKK.

From The Nation, 2005

"Four years ago, Perkins addressed the Louisiana chapter of the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), America’s premier white supremacist organization, the successor to the White Citizens Councils, which battled integration in the South. In 1996 Perkins paid former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke $82,500 for his mailing list. At the time, Perkins was the campaign manager for a right-wing Republican candidate for the US Senate in Louisiana. The Federal Election Commission fined the campaign Perkins ran $3,000 for attempting to hide the money paid to Duke.â€

Holy shit, really????? This needs to be made very very public. Josh also needs to know this and so does all his friends, maybe someone post it on his page? :P

I know I'm the minority, but I really hope things go well for them. This job and relocation will force him to really grow up and take notice of different situations. Not every mom stays home with the kids. He will be working with women. Most dads work ALL day and don't get to see there kids until night fall. They don't get to travel all over the country whenever they want. Sometimes people have to work on a Sunday...and they are cool with that. Of course Josh is already aware of all this...but he needs to see it happening to understand it all. Sooner or later they will be invited to weddings where there is a bride & groom dancing or bride having a dance with her dad. Are they gonna just sit there or leave? My point is, living in D.C. will present many opportunities for Josh and his family. It will either make him more mainstream or more conservative. I feel he's already conservative enough! Hoping for a total 360!

I know I'm the minority, but I really hope things go well for them. This job and relocation will force him to really grow up and take notice of different situations. Not every mom stays home with the kids. He will be working with women. Most dads work ALL day and don't get to see there kids until night fall. They don't get to travel all over the country whenever they want. Sometimes people have to work on a Sunday...and they are cool with that. Of course Josh is already aware of all this...but he needs to see it happening to understand it all. Sooner or later they will be invited to weddings where there is a bride & groom dancing or bride having a dance with her dad. Are they gonna just sit there or leave? My point is, living in D.C. will present many opportunities for Josh and his family. It will either make him more mainstream or more conservative. I feel he's already conservative enough! Hoping for a total 360!

I think you're in the minority because of the nature of the work he'll be doing and how TLC paved the way for him to get that work.

I don't care whether Josh Duggar ever grows up or takes notice of different situations. I'm not worried about how much time he spends with his kids. I want both he and the hate group that he is now a paid activist for to fail in all of their agendas against people who aren't straight white Christian extremists.

I think you're in the minority because of the nature of the work he'll be doing and how TLC paved the way for him to get that work.

I don't care whether Josh Duggar ever grows up or takes notice of different situations. I'm not worried about how much time he spends with his kids. I want both he and the hate group that he is now a paid activist for to fail in all of their agendas against people who aren't straight white Christian extremists.

I am one of those posters that see this job as a possible growth opportunity. He's moving to a much more diverse area and he's going to meet all kinds of people; I don't think he realizes what he's in for. This could potentially open his eyes and start questioning things or he's going to write it all off as a bunch of sinners in a den of iniquity. I don't think the likelihood of him seriously changing is very strong, however if it's in the cards for him to get a clue, it's going to be far more possible by taking this job in DC versus staying in NW AR nearby Mommy and Daddy and managing a car lot.

Also, I don't see growth meaning he succeeds at the FRC. In fact, he may have to fail spectacularly and get some negative publicity (rid him of his feeling of awesomeness) in order to get a clue. He's has a lot of challenges ahead of him; he's basically uneducated (especially compared to what's typical in DC), he's had everything handed to him, he has a piss poor work ethic, he has no idea how to interact well with people different from him. It's going to be a rocky road.

I don't see how he has the skill set to do this kind of job nor do I think much is expected of him. I think they are using him for fund raising only. If he does end up giving speeches in front of supporters, who will write the speech? Josh? I don't think so. He doesn't seem that articulate to me. From what I hear when he speaks, he sounds like a teenager. They will likely write his speech for him so that all their talking points are covered. When the Duggar show is finally cancelled, his star will fade and he and the FRC may part company. One could only hope.

It is easy to live in a major city and stay completely isolated. My fundy relatives live in Sydney - they might see people different to them but they never mix with them. I can't see a move changing Josh in any way or opening his eyes to the world at all.

What I can see it doing it finally cutting the apron strings. After years of marriage and three kids it is time for Josh to let go of mummy's hand. I really hope some distance will do that.

What I can see it doing it finally cutting the apron strings. After years of marriage and three kids it is time for Josh to let go of mummy's hand. I really hope some distance will do that.

It's long past time for Josh to cut the apron strings. Hell, it's long past time for a number of his siblings to also do that.

ETA: The adult kids should be running away screaming from the TTH the minute they turn 18. Legally they can do so, but they been too crippled by indoctrination and SOTDRT education.

I don't see how he has the skill set to do this kind of job nor do I think much is expected of him. I think they are using him for fund raising only. If he does end up giving speeches in front of supporters, who will write the speech? Josh? I don't think so. He doesn't seem that articulate to me. From what I hear when he speaks, he sounds like a teenager. They will likely write his speech for him so that all their talking points are covered. When the Duggar show is finally cancelled, his star will fade and he and the FRC may part company. One could only hope.

I totally agree with this, and I suspect that this job was either created for him or adapted with his so-called skill set in mind. For all we know, he might not have to show up at the office every day. His dominant duties might include making phone calls, lunching with FRC-friendly lawmakers, sending email blasts and other menial stuff.

I wonder how much money he's obligated to bring in every year. I wonder if this is just a six-month or one-year appointment. I don't expect the organization to be the least bit transparent, but I hope we get a glimpse of what he "accomplishes." It will be very telling.

I'm guessing Josh didn't "apply" for the job and that it was handed to him just like his house and his car lot were. It will be interesting to see how far his name takes him once the Duggar's show gets cancelled.

I wonder how long it will be before he starts showing up late for work because he's used to getting a late start (ie. lazy ass), and since he's the Executive Director, he will think everyone else is there to do all the work for him. He's never had to start at the bottom and work his way up.

IF he manages to keep the job it will be because of his family's name recognition only.

Holy shit, really????? This needs to be made very very public. Josh also needs to know this and so does all his friends, maybe someone post it on his page? :P

I doubt Josh will care one bit and I suspect most of his leg humping friends will be equally indifferent.

I have a feeling this is a position that will last till the next election. Tony Perkins has said Josh is being used to bring in the younger crowd. Josh will be traveling around the country bringing in the youth vote in a grass roots movement. It almost sounds like what the Duggars did for Santorum. I think the Duggars helped Santorum a lot and that is the same type of job that Josh is getting. Josh will be based in DC, attend a weekly meeting or two and then be traveling a few times a month until election time each year and then he will be busy. Unless Josh backs out or flops horribly I think he will be there till 2016. They are paying him about 150k but they are getting more publicity now then they ever have. People will come out to see a Duggar, reguardless of the group he is speaking for. Living in Utah it was obvious Mitt would get the vote here but I know people here who would have gone to see Rick Santorum if the Duggars were there, just to meet the Duggars.

FRC has already shown they are bowing to Josh's needs by letting him wait and pick his own start date, or maybe that is another great perk for FRC hiring a young man right after his young wife gives birth to baby #3.

Nothing wrong with getting help to get a job. Happens all the time with lots of different people regardless of celebrity. These kids have been pimped out for years with no choice in the matter, so good for him for taking full advantage. I hate FRC and what they stand for, but if he is okay with it, then that is all that matters.

I hope that he breaks away permanently and realizes that the world is not as evil as he was raised to believe. I hope mostly for his children to be raised completely different than he was and that Mac is able to attend school and flourish.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of this happening until TLC is out of their lives for good. Too much to lose.

Nothing wrong with getting help to get a job. Happens all the time with lots of different people regardless of celebrity. These kids have been pimped out for years with no choice in the matter, so good for him for taking full advantage. I hate FRC and what they stand for, but if he is okay with it, then that is all that matters.

I hope that he breaks away permanently and realizes that the world is not as evil as he was raised to believe. I hope mostly for his children to be raised completely different than he was and that Mac is able to attend school and flourish.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of this happening until TLC is out of their lives for good. Too much to lose.

Unfortunately I don't think your hopes in the second paragraph will be realized working for a hate group and continuing to associate with people who share most of the same culture and beliefs system he was raised in. They may not be fundies but they definitely wouldn't be called diverse. What would be great (and won't happen) would be if TLC showed Josh's downfall when it happens. Instead, like with the Gosselins and the Roloffs, after TLC's exposure contributes to your family's destruction, the shows go off the air.

Why would Josh ever consider for a moment breaking away from his current life?

He's had a sweet ride so far and now he is being paid big bucks to spread the word about the worst of the values he's been raised with.

This lazy fuck will NEVER bite the hand that feeds him. And he'll probably not have the opportunity to fail at his new job because he'll not be expected to do much more than memorize and repeat talking points. I've watched some of those FRC webcasts and they're a complete joke. At least Rush is an entertaining lying POS.

Josh will never have an epiphany under these circumstances and his children will never attend a regular school. I can absolutely see him falling from his vaulted state by having an affair or engaging in some other sinful activities. But like all the rest of them, once he gets off the Appalachian Trail he'll weep and moan and beg Jesus and Anna to forgive him and then go right back to being what he's always been.

Save your hopes for the other Duggar kids. This one isn’t changing his spots anytime soon.

Just an FYI, scarygirl is a troll who has written stuff like this before and doesn't approve of gay marriage.

Hehehe. She disapproves. Too funny. Well I'll just have to go off now and rethink my whole opinion :P www.whogivesaflyingfuck.com

I can see him succeeding I mean is there much difference between this job and selling overpriced junkers? same thing just a different product.

I have a feeling this is a position that will last till the next election. Tony Perkins has said Josh is being used to bring in the younger crowd. Josh will be traveling around the country bringing in the youth vote in a grass roots movement. It almost sounds like what the Duggars did for Santorum. I think the Duggars helped Santorum a lot and that is the same type of job that Josh is getting. Josh will be based in DC, attend a weekly meeting or two and then be traveling a few times a month until election time each year and then he will be busy. Unless Josh backs out or flops horribly I think he will be there till 2016. They are paying him about 150k but they are getting more publicity now then they ever have. People will come out to see a Duggar, reguardless of the group he is speaking for. Living in Utah it was obvious Mitt would get the vote here but I know people here who would have gone to see Rick Santorum if the Duggars were there, just to meet the Duggars.

FRC has already shown they are bowing to Josh's needs by letting him wait and pick his own start date, or maybe that is another great perk for FRC hiring a young man right after his young wife gives birth to baby #3.

I wonder how much the Duggars really did to help Frothy. I'm embarrassed to admit that my husband was a Santorum supporter. He went to a campaign event nearby and was frankly pissed to find the Duggars there and not Frothy. Heck, he didn't even know who the Duggars were. He was NOT impressed!

PennySycamore, my hubbie is a fucking Republican/Tea Party loving man. It made for some interesting debates when we first started seeing each other, but we just don't talk politics together anymore. I feel you.

PennySycamore, my hubbie is a fucking Republican/Tea Party loving man. It made for some interesting debates when we first started seeing each other, but we just don't talk politics together anymore. I feel you.

I hope you cancel each other out at the polls. :)

Am I the only one who has a recurring image of Smuggar channeling Kirk Cameron? I see him sitting at home doing webcasts with minor celebrities in which he pulls some dumb comments out of his ass, let's his guest spout some equally stupid BS, nods sagely, reads some misquotes of the Bible from a cue card, makes a few references to the Constitution (just the word, not anything from the actual document), and then endorses the looney person running for lieutenant governor in Va. or there will be a pop-up for how to donate to FRC. His family will be props for his webcast, mostly out of the way but every so often Anna or a kid will pop up and make noise so that he can be seen as a family man.

Am I the only one who has a recurring image of Smuggar channeling Kirk Cameron? I see him sitting at home doing webcasts with minor celebrities in which he pulls some dumb comments out of his ass, let's his guest spout some equally stupid BS, nods sagely, reads some misquotes of the Bible from a cue card, makes a few references to the Constitution (just the word, not anything from the actual document), and then endorses the looney person running for lieutenant governor in Va. or there will be a pop-up for how to donate to FRC. His family will be props for his webcast, mostly out of the way but every so often Anna or a kid will pop up and make noise so that he can be seen as a family man.

I think you should send this to Tony Perkins so he can use it as the job description by which he can measure Smuggar during his year-end performance appraisal. Because I think this is exactly what he'll be doing.

I emailed Discovery/TLC and requested they provide what their position is on Smug's new job at FRC. We'll see what they say or if they even bother responding. My comment was so long it was rejected for having "too many characters" so I had to cut it down a bit. I was finally able to use them writing skillz I gained at my current job - how to sound like a pompous asshole who thinks they can tell people to do whatever they want and fine them if they don't do those things. Except this time it doesn't feel wrong :D

Archived