IGNORED

How long until all the fundy blogs are aflame over Obama?

Elle

Obama waited way too long to release his birth certificate. Even Dems wished it had gone faster:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/27 ... e-20110427

These were strange allegations, but when you're running for office, you release info immediately so suspicion doesn't arise.

I don't care too much about what Palin thinks, and I also suppose my reasons for believe Obama to be unAmerican differ from that of evangelicals, birthers, or conservatives, so I'll only answer this one based on my own opinions:

I don't think this man understands the constitution or has a fluid knowledge of American history. My mom is not a natural born US citizen. She knows quite a bit about European history, but little about America because she was not educated here. Her schooling involving America reflects European sentiment. How could it not? Do Obamas policies reflect historical American sentiment? For this reason, I feel that comments regarding Supreme Court decisions on Obamacare being "unprecedented" (Marbury vs. Madison???) are sad. Bypassing Congress? Also sad. Fast and Furious? WTF sad.

This is not American. I get that we're in Congressional gridlock, but bypassing the legislative branch is not constitutional. And threatening the Supreme Court is also not constitutional. And that scares me because America is supposed to be "checks and balances" and I define American based on the Constitution...which in some desperate cases can be amended.

I DO value individual rights and liberties, although I am furiously against Big Tobacco because smoking is not an individual right as long as it creates a toxic environment that others breathe, thus violating the rights of others.

I might not have followed this election so closely if it weren't for strange constitutional violations such as the Senate recess-appointment nomination when the Senate wasn't in recess.

I know he went to Harvard Law. What I don't know is how well he studied the constitution at Harvard Law, because based on his actions and his administrative policies, I can't see how you can justify such things by law? Hilary Clinton went to Yale Law school and I'm pretty darn sure she studied there, even though she failed the D.C. bar. And I still feel she would have made for a far better president, as do many other Independent voters and Dems.

I don't find what the President is doing to be okay, and so I won't vote for him.

The fuck? You don't think President Obama "understands" the Constitution? He used to teach freaking constitutional law, for Christ's sake. I think he's familiar with that particular document. As for the recess appointments, did you ever consider the constitutionality of one political party's purely obstructionist tactic of keeping the Senate "in session" by planting one guy on the floor of the Senate while everyone else is on some beach somewhere?

Where, pray tell, did you go to law school? I mean, clearly you did, since you're such an expert and all. Otherwise you'd just be talking out of your ass when you question the quality of someone else's legal scholarship.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was also a constitutional law professor at U of Chicago.

TY, I doubt that will cut the cheese for fluffy, who has previously voiced disdain for educators.

I always thought that Obama waited so long to allow release of his birth certificate because he couldn't bring himself to believe that he even had to. Welcome to your own country, Mr. Candidate; it's even more full of bigots than you knew.

The first President was born a British subject, was he unAmerican too?

Not if the Constitution was written 50 years after his birth???

Not if he founded the country?

All by his lonesome? You know how little he participated in the actual drafting of the Constitution, right? He voted on the various provisions, and he was one of the signers, but his participation in the debates over what to include was minimal, at best.

I'm just guessing, but I would suggest as the editor of the Harvard Law review he knows far more about constitutional law than you or I do. I would also suggest that the batteries of DOJ atnys, that advise him have a bit more expertise than us as well.

I'd like to believe that's true. But again, what part of your statement proves that it's constitutional to bypass congress, or fill senate seats when the Senate isn't in recess?

What are you arguing here? A man with a Harvard Law degree forgot about Marbury vs. Madison when discussing the Supreme Court's decisions. Obviously his law degree isn't indicative of memory retention.

Funny, how I don't forget Roe vs Wade or Gonzales vs. Carhart when people bring up abortion legislation.

M vs. M was one of the most important Supreme Court decisions in American History. How does a Harvard Law Lecturer/Professor forget this one?

All by his lonesome? You know how little he participated in the actual drafting of the Constitution, right? He voted on the various provisions, and he was one of the signers, but his participation in the debates over what to include was minimal, at best.

(*SIGH*)

No. Not all by his lonesome.

He was a founder. If he was born before the Constitution, he can't be held accountable to laws that weren't in effect. EVEN IF HE DIDN'T write them in full.

I'd like to believe that's true. But again, what part of your statement proves that it's constitutional to bypass congress, or fill senate seats when the Senate isn't in recess?

What are you arguing here? A man with a Harvard Law degree forgot about Marbury vs. Madison when discussing the Supreme Court's decisions. Obviously his law degree isn't indicative of memory retention.

Funny, how I don't forget Roe vs Wade or Gonzales vs. Carhart when people bring up abortion legislation.

M vs. M was one of the most important Supreme Court decisions in American History. How does a Harvard Law Lecturer/Professor forget this one?

Here call him up and ask him yourself.

Call the President

PHONE NUMBERS

Comments: 202-456-1111

Switchboard: 202-456-1414

Technically, he didn't "found" the country. There were a whole bunch of guys involved in that process. It was a foregone conclusion that he'd be the President once the Constitution was ratified.

And, actually, there were 8 presidents who were born British subjects...

And, we've probably already had our first gay president- James Buchanan, he just never came out, though the speculation is strong.

100% certain fluffyboo is a man.

Well, we can't know for sure on that, but the mansplaining is awfully deep (where are my hip waders?). I guess the simple wimminfolk here need. . . uh. . . fluffy to use really small words. :roll: I haven't read anything so pedantic and condescending in quite some time. Not to mention most of it is a bunch of horse shit.

(*SIGH*)

No. Not all by his lonesome.

He was a founder. If he was born before the Constitution, he can't be held accountable to laws that weren't in effect. EVEN IF HE DIDN'T write them in full.

See, now, you didn't say he was A founder. You said "he founded the country." Your words, not mine. Words mean things, troll. So take your sighs someplace else.

The fuck? You don't think President Obama "understands" the Constitution? He used to teach freaking constitutional law, for Christ's sake. I think he's familiar with that particular document. As for the recess appointments, did you ever consider the constitutionality of one political party's purely obstructionist tactic of keeping the Senate "in session" by planting one guy on the floor of the Senate while everyone else is on some beach somewhere?

Where, pray tell, did you go to law school? I mean, clearly you did, since you're such an expert and all. Otherwise you'd just be talking out of your ass when you question the quality of someone else's legal scholarship.

No, either he does not understand it. Or often does not care to abide by it.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tell me, do I need to be a federal judge to recognize shoplifting when I see it? Do I need to be a journalist to punctuate properly? Do I need to be a scientist to examine common empirical results. Introductory Poly Sci classes teach you the fundamentals of government and the constitution, things that are often forgotten by some post-graduation.

I've taken several years of Islamic theology, but I'm not a Muslim. However, I'd certainly be able to compare the practices of some in light of Usul al-fiqu.

How much of an expert do you need me to be to say, I DON'T LIKE WHAT HE'S DOING for the reasons I've listed?

I've seen it when it came to Herman Cain. Funny how ALL allegations died down after he stepped out of the election. And several of the women who made claims against him had some very interesting records.......To deny that there wasn't racism and bigotry against Herman Cain when he ran in the primary would mean that some people weren't watching MSNBC where his race was CONSTANTLY brought to the forefront.

How is it "funny" that people stopped paying attention to Herman Cain once he dropped out of the race? He had no relevancy whatsoever any longer. He is not in public office.

He was the front runner for a time, yet he was a clown and after he got out of the race, he basically admitted his candidacy was a complete joke. Even he couldn't believe he attracted so many idiots. "999". LOL.

It wasn't "racism and bigotry" that ended his candidacy. If MSNBC dislikes African Americans so much, why do they seem in Obama's corner most of the time?

Go back and watch some more Fox News, Troll.

Obama waited way too long to release his birth certificate. Even Dems wished it had gone faster:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/27 ... e-20110427

These were strange allegations, but when you're running for office, you release info immediately so suspicion doesn't arise.

He released the document that any other citizen would use to establish citizenship get a US passport. during his campaign. Why did suspicion continue after that, and after an independent fact checking organization AND the Repub governor of HI verified that it was legit. Please explain that. There was no guarantee that anything would silence the crazy, luckily the long form did drive it out of the mainstream news because Fox News hasn't completely succeeded in mainstreaming the crazy.

Please explain to me

why
people think I'm a man?

Is it because I use multisyllabic words? Is it because no females are of a libertarian POV?

How can some members of FJ claims to espouse the tenants of feminism, when an individual who writes in a flat matter-of-fact journalistic style and just somehow doesn't like our President, cannot POSSIBLY be a woman???

How hard it is it for me to prove I'm a female? This could be done in a matter of seconds, if I wasn't afraid to violate my privacy.

Proof I'm a woman without Skyping?

This should do it, at least for any definitive feminists on FJ. I have a copy of For Her Own Good on my bookshelf. Rest assured, few men have even heard of this book. I've not met one who has read it. To the few FJers who are concerned about my gender: Why would I know anything about this book? How would I have come into contact with it? After all, it's very esoteric even in Women's Studies classrooms.

I guess you can consider this my quiet commiseration with certain people on FJ. It may even grant some insight as to why someone like me even bothers to post on this forum.

I don't have to like Obama, but calling me a man because I can form a fluid sentence or because I don't pepper my posts with emoticons is pretty dumb.

How can some members of FJ claims to espouse the tenants of feminism,

That would be TENETS, not tenants, unless you're talking about an apartment building full of Gloria Steinems. :roll:

He released the document that any other citizen would use to establish citizenship get a US passport. during his campaign. Why did suspicion continue after that, and after an independent fact checking organization AND the Repub governor of HI verified that it was legit. Please explain that. There was no guarantee that anything would silence the crazy, luckily the long form did drive it out of the mainstream news because Fox News hasn't completely succeeded in mainstreaming the crazy.

No one in their right mind is arguing the validity of his birth certificate. This isn't 2008. Birthers are a mocked minority. Back in the 2008 election there was a great deal of speculation and I already stated why: The man came out of nowhere for many individuals. People were afraid, often unreasonably so. He had the middle name of a known terrorist, which for a vast amount of GOP voters, sprang suspicious.

Allen West never had to produce a birth certificate because no one thinks he is Muslim.

There are still people today that believe the President in a Muslim. NOT BECAUSE HE IS PART AFRICAN AMERICAN, but because he doesn't even sound American. People are shallow like this. For the same reason some people voted for Obama based on the fact that he is good looking, some voted against him because they thought he was secretly a terrorist and no one really knew much about him.

Please explain to me people think I'm a man?

Is it because I use multisyllabic words? Is it because no females are of a libertarian POV?

How can some members of FJ claims to espouse the tenants of feminism, when an individual who writes in a flat matter-of-fact journalistic style and just somehow doesn't like our President, cannot POSSIBLY be a woman???

How hard it is it for me to prove I'm a female? This could be done in a matter of seconds, if I wasn't afraid to violate my privacy.

This should do it, at least for any definitive feminists on FJ. I have a copy of For Her Own Good on my bookshelf. Rest assured, few men have even heard of this book. I've not met one who has read it. To the few FJers who are concerned about my gender: Why would I know anything about this book? How would I have come into contact with it? After all, it's very esoteric even in Women's Studies classrooms.

I guess you can consider this my quiet commiseration with certain people on FJ. It may even grant some insight as to why someone like me even bothers to post on this forum.

I don't have to like Obama, but calling me a man because I can form a fluid sentence or because I don't pepper my posts with emoticons is pretty dumb.

It's your condescending and pedantic style mainly. I don't really care what gender you are, and it's not going to be resolved by a discussion. The salient fact about your posts is that you astly overrate your own perspicacity.

That would be TENETS, not tenants, unless you're talking about an apartment building full of Gloria Steinems. :roll:

Thank you, Loveday.

I know the difference. People make mistakes. In fact, if you'd like to scroll through the FJ thread titles, you will come across a slew of grammatical blasphemies that I only pray are mistakes.

And being that I've already been formally judged by my vocabulary, I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I'm my posts are full them, because I don't see a need to proofread.

No one in their right mind is arguing the validity of his birth certificate. This isn't 2008. Birthers are a mocked minority. Back in the 2008 election there was a great deal of speculation and I already stated why: The man came out of nowhere for many individuals. People were afraid, often unreasonably so. He had the middle name of a known terrorist, which for a vast amount of GOP voters, sprang suspicious.

Allen West never had to produce a birth certificate because no one thinks he is Muslim.

There are still people today that believe the President in a Muslim. NOT BECAUSE HE IS PART AFRICAN AMERICAN, but because he doesn't even sound American. People are shallow like this. For the same reason some people voted for Obama based on the fact that he is good looking, some voted against him because they thought he was secretly a terrorist and no one really knew much about him.

I'm saying that he released the document that any other citizen would use to establish citizenship get a US passport. during his campaign. In 2008. Why do you keep saying "why did it take him so long"?

The man came out of nowhere for many individuals.

Translated: I only watch Fox news so I never heard of him until he was nominated.

Journalistic? Maybe if you were writing about the birth of Batboy and the Vatican's secret hoard of end-of-the-world prophecies.

Is it because I use multisyllabic words? ........I don't have to like Obama, but calling me a man because I can form a fluid sentence or because I don't pepper my posts with emoticons is pretty dumb.

Methinks you flatter yourself - and males in general - a bit too much, Troll.

Thanks for confirming you are a guy.

The salient fact about your posts is that you astly overrate your own perspicacity.

Ummm....this is going to get petty way too fast.

Archived