IGNORED

How long until all the fundy blogs are aflame over Obama?

Elle

My middle name means beautiful. :dance:

I don't think "the" means what you think it means.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think "the" means what you think it means.

:?:

Now that the famous 'not a single fuck was given that day' has been said...

004+Charmander.jpg

Charmander makes everything awesome!

Here's an interesting article someone posted a link to on Facebook, it was on my feed just now.

anthropologist.livejournal.com/1314574.html

I'm sure fundies would freak out if they ever read this about Christianity in the past.

Maul the Koala

Damn I'm slow on the uptake. I was wondering why I wouldn't know what my middle name meant (considering the meaning is so bloody obvious).

Won't the same people who dislike Obama also not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon?

Some, but a lot of them are already rationalizing it by saying the're voting against Obama, not for Romney.

Won't the same people who dislike Obama also not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon?

Some of 'em? Probably. I think that's partly why the primaries have shaped up to be "Romney vs. Anyone, anyone, else."

Understood. However, I don't feel its appropriate to respond in English to some who claims to hate Americans.

Anyway, I'm out. I doubt I'll be missed, but at least I gave someone an excuse to use the word perspicacious in some form. I'll consider that an academic triumph.

Oh, you thought I was being serious. I don't hate Americans, (I am one, actually) only the stupid ones. And you'll find stupid people everywhere. I was merely taking the piss out of "what's in a name." and stereotypes.

Also, I don't speak French. Only English and German.

Well, since you've apparently left... :greetings-cya:

Referring to the subject of racism, did anyone else from Texas hear a whole lot of "monkey in the White House" and "what does that (insert favourite racial slur here) think he's doing?" talk floating around their area during the primaries and election? Because I sure did. I live under a rock and usually have no idea what's going on, so for me to notice something, it has to be pretty loud. I didn't even hear about any of the birther/Muslim stuff until way after the election.

I was looking forward to seeing that! I don't think you would have been the one getting a new one ripped, though.

Yeah, true. It was just a macho creep's reaction to getting called out on his ruse. Still, it might have been fun. ;)

No one in their right mind is arguing the validity of his birth certificate. This isn't 2008. Birthers are a mocked minority. Back in the 2008 election there was a great deal of speculation and I already stated why: The man came out of nowhere for many individuals. People were afraid, often unreasonably so. He had the middle name of a known terrorist, which for a vast amount of GOP voters, sprang suspicious.

Allen West never had to produce a birth certificate because no one thinks he is Muslim.

There are still people today that believe the President in a Muslim. NOT BECAUSE HE IS PART AFRICAN AMERICAN, but because he doesn't even sound American. People are shallow like this. For the same reason some people voted for Obama based on the fact that he is good looking, some voted against him because they thought he was secretly a terrorist and no one really knew much about him.

This post is disgustingly Islamaphobic.

Basically, you're saying that Birthers exist because Obama had a scary Arabic middle name. Yes, it was the name of a dictator. I suppose we should be afraid of anybody with the name Adolf or Joseph or Fidel, too. Hussein was also the name of the Jordanian king who made peace with Israel and who, when Israeli schoolgirls were murdered by a Jordanian soldier, went to their parents' house during the shiva, apologized, and gave his condolences.

You see how ridiculously prejudiced the assertion that their might be a legitimate basis for birtherism is, right? Obama has a middle name that happens to be in a language that happens to be the language in which a religion's major prophet spoke and that it's holy book is written in, and some extremist members of that religion are terrorists.

Romney shares the last name of his ancestors who were Mormon polygamists and some Mormon polygamists are sexist, abusive, and murderous. Clearly we should be fucking scared of Romney.

Okay, but try TRY VERY HARD to put yourself in the mindset of a Midwestern grain farmer who doesn't watch Fox News or MSNBC because he's busy tilling the fields till sundown...

Some guy comes in the picture who even Hilary Clinton is slamming to pieces. He has a name that sounds eerily familiar. Only 7 years ago the World Trade Center fell down, and the situation in the Middle East ain't pretty.

What do you think this man will do, and can you blame him? He didn't go to college and sit next to a moderate Muslim student who could school him as to how the majority of Muslims live in America. Instead, he hears one or two rumors about a man named Barak Hussein Obama and how his Dad was born in Kenya, and he believes this could be true, because it's never seen before.

And it was not a red herring that I brought up the situation in North Korea. People are easily indoctrinated. The same principles that lead right-wingers to become birthers, or certain radical left groups to value extinct species over in-country human rights violations, also cause people living in a strict communist regime to believe the Jong-ils are heaven sent.

If people are afraid THEY WILL BELIEVE IT.

So, I guess we've established that midwestern grain farmers are ignorant morons.

Pretty sure that that is an offensive stereotype, which you just seem to be full of.

Understood. However, I don't feel its appropriate to respond in English to some who claims to hate Americans.

Do you know what sarcasm is?

Do you know what sarcasm is?

They haven't gotten to that chapter in his writing class (along with the chapter why stereotyping is lazy writing)

This is rich:

Bristol Palin, responding to the President's support of gay marriage, tweeted:

"We know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home."

and in noting how the President spoke of his daughters and their influence on his viewpoint:

"I guess we can be glad that Malia and Sasha aren't younger, or perhaps today's press conference might have been about appointing Dora the Explorer as Attorney General because of her success in stopping Swiper the Fox,"

Really, Bristol? You're going to lecture people on the importance of having a mommy and a daddy?

OMG, the stupid burns.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/bri ... 34063.html

No! Not at all.

Si vous ne parlez pas le Francais, il est futile d'utiliser un ordinateur pour traduire le texte.

If you do not speak the language, it is useless to use a computer for the text.

It basically reads "I suspect it has to do with the war. Just as all Christians are assumed to be anti-gay bigots, Muslims are lumped into the terrorist category."

No language I know of translates perfectly word for word. So you cannot use an Internet translator. Mine is also archaic, not vernacular.

Yup, internet translators are worthless! Makes me laugh when I see texts translated into French with Google Translate, which makes it barely readable. Good thing for the people around me that are professionnal translators or they'd be out of work!

This is rich:

and in noting how the President spoke of his daughters and their influence on his viewpoint:

Really, Bristol? You're going to lecture people on the importance of having a mommy and a daddy?

OMG, the stupid burns.

Dora the Explorer would make a vastly superior Attorney General than Bristol's mother as VP.

And this was my reaction when President Obama announced his endorsement of same sex marriage:

th_MichelleObamaThumbsUp.gif

This is rich:

OMG, the stupid burns.

Bristol is fucking moron. The idea of a perfect family doesn't exist. Bristol shouldn't be talking at all. Some conservatives don't view her and the situation with her son as "traditional". I know some conservatives who slam the Palins quite a bit because of Bristol.

Loved this comment on the page.

MrHistory • 7 mins ago

...and SHE'S such a shining example of the product of a heterosexual home !!!! hahahahahahahahaha

This is rich:

OMG, the stupid burns.

What Obama should have said is, "Kiss my black ass, Bristol. I should have told Malia and Sasha, 'Don't get knocked up out-of-wedlock like that Palin chick.'"

Yup, internet translators are worthless! Makes me laugh when I see texts translated into French with Google Translate, which makes it barely readable. Good thing for the people around me that are professionnal translators or they'd be out of work!

My students keep trying to use google translate. It is always very obvious when they have done so.

First of all, unlike Bristol Palin, I'm sure Malia and Sasha know out, stable, loving gay couples.

Also, I'm, like, 100% sure that Obama made this decision only because his daughters told him to. Obviously nothing else influenced the decision.

I'm pretty sure Obama's lack of support of gay marriage prior to now had everything to do with how riled up people get about the word marriage and absolutely NOTHING to do with a belief that gay couples make inadequate parents. Maybe his daughters and their friends explained why marriage (and not just civil unions) is so important these families, but he isn't blindly listening to the opinions of teenagers to make policy decisions.

Okay, this is only tangentially relevant, but can someone explain to me what point Fluffy-Boo was trying to make here? Why on earth would it be inappropriate to respond in English to an anti-American (or even, as is the case, a sarcastic non-anti-American)? This would only (sort of) make sense to me if English was originally and exclusively the language of the USA, but then, maybe I'm missing something. Possibly a lobotomy.

Archived