IGNORED

How long until all the fundy blogs are aflame over Obama?

Elle

Even Christian GOP moderates like Condoleezza Rice would find this offensive.

Condi is well know for supporting moderate administrations. :lol:

I love you, new troll. How's life interning at VF?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please do not tell me we are being schooled about "reverse racism" by some troll.

I'm gonna go waaaaay out on a limb here and point out that, yes, the majority of the fundies we talk about on this site (remember, that was the context of this thread) are white. And many of them have posted implicitly or sometimes explicitly racist things about Obama.

Until there is systematic and institutionalized discrimination against white people in this culture, pointing out the fact that (the mostly white) fundies (we talk about here) are often racist is not, itself, racist.

Please address my first statement, you wise arbiter of race relations.

I still don't believe you voted for Obama.

I don't believe you have biracial children. 'They won't know what they are' is such a common argument used against biracial kids I don't know a good parent that would actually use it in the way you have. If by some coincidence you are not a troll, you're probably the cooky racist relative you multiracial family talks about behind your back.

Good Day. :clap:

Your first statement isn't anything to respond to.

I absolutely believe you voted for Obama.

It wouldn't take much to prove my children are bi-racial. And I'd also be surprised if any other parents on this board who have children of mixed ethnicity don't relate to the things I have written.

Moreover, "strange breed of white" are exactly the words my daughter's hairdresser used this morning when commenting on her appearance this morning. Only this woman is our friend and she was saying it facetiously, as she is from Mexico herself. She can say whatever she wants.

And so can you! Even when you don't know what you're talking about.

Condi is well know for supporting moderate administrations. :lol:

Yes, idiot. That's why I stated she was a Christian GOP "moderate".

A blog title does not excuse people from making claims without citations, especially claims that are so inflammatory. Racism is a BIG deal.

This thread departed from fundie blogs within the first page.

As Austin said:

Someone better at the internets can probably find this information. I vaguely remember a man suing over Obama's presidency basically saying that African Americans were not real citizens because the 14th amendment wasn't in the original constitution.

ETA: Found it! Jeuno man sues over Mullato race.

You want proof of a real person being an ass, here is your proof.

splcenter.org/blog/2012/02/24/alaska-birther-launches-sovereign-attack-on-mulatto-obama/

themudflats.net/2012/02/23/juneau-man-sues-to-keep-president-obama-off-the-ballot-because-he-is-of-the-mulatto-race/#.T6sq81KjJ8E

Two links and a quote from the second article:

As stated above, for an Individual to be a Candidate for the Office of President of the United States, the Candidate must meet the qualifications as set forth in the United States Constitution and one of those qualifications is that the Candidate shall be a “natural born Citizen†of the United States. As Barack Hussein Obama II is of Page 5 of 10the “Mulatto†race, his status of citizenship is founded upon the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Before the [purported] ratification of the Fourteenth Amendment, the race of “Negro†or “Mulatto†had no standing to be citizens of the United States under the United States Constitution.

(Edited to break links.. no clue if they'd even notice, but no reason to give people the chance!)

Oh please do not tell me we are being schooled about "reverse racism" by some troll.

I'm gonna go waaaaay out on a limb here and point out that, yes, the majority of the fundies we talk about on this site (remember, that was the context of this thread) are white. And many of them have posted implicitly or sometimes explicitly racist things about Obama.

Until there is systematic and institutionalized discrimination against white people in this culture, pointing out the fact that (the mostly white) fundies (we talk about here) are often racist is not, itself, racist.

Bingo.

Ya, I'm pretty sure I do.

Let's dissect this:

You already have significant racial profiling (with a pejorative connotation) within the first sentence. The silent assumption is that all fundie/right wing voters are white, after all, the writer's conclusion is that they "HATE HIM" because he's African American.

It's the same thing as assuming a category such as "illegal immigrants" are Latino or Chicano based on these keywords.

RACISM: 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. 2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination. 3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

If you create a logic map of this statement, the premise is only recognizably true is sentence A classifies "fundie/right wing voter" in a demographic block that would hate African-Americans.

However thinly veiled the racism may be, it is clear from the statement that the author believes these fundie voters are white, thus racial profiling. And then through whatever biased hatred the author has of white fundamentalist voters (even if he or she is white), the author ascribes this same level of prejudice to President Obama.

You mean to tell me that a statement like this isn't intended to reflect and incite racial hatred? And that it's a healthy argument that doesn't use the sourest racial profiling? And that black fundamentalist or conservative voters wouldn't be completely offended? Even Christian GOP moderates like Condoleezza Rice would find this offensive. Any African-American, Chicano, Asian, or ethnic voters might take offense to this kind of profiling and, moreover, the idea that their choice of faith automatically pits them against a racial group.

:music-tool:

Thanks for the crazed diatribe, Troll, but no where in the original poster's statement did he or she mention any racial group not liking Obama because he's African American. He or she was specifically referring to nut job, right wing Fundies, and we know that group includes all kinds.

Keep up with your lies and your race-baiting, but you aren't fooling anyone.

Yes, idiot. That's why I stated she was a Christian GOP "moderate".

What color of nail polish would make me look smarter?

Romney has a successful business background and was a successful governor of Massachusetts. He has shown himself to be an apt and capable leader and someone who is able to access situations and know what the best course of action is. Despite what people say about his wealth, as a member of the LDS church (as I am) he has probably experienced and seen the worst of the human condition serving in the church (he brought it up briefly when talking about being a Bishop) and will do everything he can to help the citizens of the United States.

As for the gay marriage debacle- I agree that the GOP always brings it up and they need to stop it. I wanted to smack my head against the wall when the BC was brought up a while back.

What a crock of shit! Successful?! Um.... depending on who you ask. As a resident of Massachusetts, I can say that he sucked as Governor. How can you govern a state when your'e gone 212 days out of the year? Several of those days he was vacationing.

Excuse me? There is no longer institutionalized discrimination against any race in the States. So by your theory, racism doesn't exist at all.

No, the individualized effort does enough.

Secondly, there is absolutely systematic racial prejudice against whites in many urban settings. Take Inglewood, CA or Cabrini Green in Chicago for one. Just as there is systematic discrimination against Caucasians when it comes to grants, fellowships, employment settings, etc...many of which are institutionalized.

"Reverse Racism" doesn't exist by lexical definition. Racism does. Any discrimination against ANY group based on their skin color is classified as RACISM.

What color of nail polish would make me look smarter?

Try the blood of a librarian.

Make sure you inhale really well.

Not only was Mitt Romney a bad governor, he was also a corporate raider, which I guess to some people makes him a good business man, not to me though

What is "systematical" racism?

I do agree racism is racism - any group thinking that their "race" is superior ...

Other than that, coloured nail polish looks like crap on me; I have to go to "nude" or "natural" colors because I'm very pale and bright colours make me look worse.

Excuse me? There is no longer institutionalized discrimination against any race in the States. So by your theory, racism doesn't exist at all.

:shock:

That aside, I've got olive undertones, so yellows and greens look ridiculous against my skin. I'll usually wear a deep blue or purple polish or Suzi and the Lifeguard (pale pink) by OPI

Teal We Meet Again from OPI is nice.

Sometimes I see the matte colors look really good, but other times they look like they were colored on with a Sharipe. I'm curious to try some.

Sometimes I see the matte colors look really good, but other times they look like they were colored on with a Sharipe. I'm curious to try some.

I've never painted my nails. In high school it was expressly forbidden, but a lot of girls would not paint but literally POLISH their nails, no liquids involved at all but just a lot of buffing. The nails got shiny, as if they had clear paint on, but just from buffing. I thought it looked kinda cool.

Considering the popularity of tattoos I'm kinda surprised more people don't draw on themselves just generally, either with sharpies or henna...

You know Cabrini Green is gone, right?

I heard they were thinking of taking it down. I haven't lived in Chicago for almost a decade, but I'm glad if its gone.

I've got a lovely combination of dark turquoise and hot pink going on right now, but I suspect that it makes me look younger than I already do (which is already several years younger than I actually am), as opposed to smarter. I think a tamer red, perhaps, nothing too pastel nor too flashy...or maybe just a nice clear coat or a french manicure. Well taken care of but not overdone?

To return to the original discussion and the original tangent...

It depends on whether or not those fundies already thought Obama supported gay marriage, as many of them did. Naturally, him announcing it is hardly the big news to them it is to people who haven't be arguing against him on account of that and similarly "liberal" stances on similar social issues. I suspect it will be less "CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT THAT HEATHEN HAS DONE NOW??? GOD SAVE US!" and more "I TOLD YOU SO LOOK AT HIM ALL SMUG HOW DARE HE SUPPORT SUCH TERRIBLE SIN! BEWARE THE FATES OF SODOM AND GEMORRAH!" Or something equally absurd. I'm not all that practiced in coming up with fundy language.

And as far as whether this will hurt his re-election, I don't think so. Most of the arguments I've heard against him go along the lines of "Do not stand in the middle of the road or you will be knocked down by the traffic on both sides". I think his actual expected base will be happy to finally hear him come out and say it, happier still if he DOES something about it.

I second all of you who pointed out that all of this time wasted on social issues is hurting us and I'd rather see the focus shifted to the economy/jobs/etc. Europe laughs at us that social issues are even considered at election time (and, moreover, that these are still "social issues" in 20-freaking-12), as they base their elections on economics. I'm also in the ranks of the recent graduates lacking full time employment, and I am not impressed. I would like to be able to be on my own health insurance, not my parents', and to finally move out of their house and in with my boyfriend-of-nearly-8-years and marry him and all of that, but that's mighty difficult without either of us having a full time job with benefits. And most of my friends are in the same boat - or a sinking one, without any insurance because their parents' doesn't cover them anymore or whatever. And that's just those of us with wonderful parents! It's a very frustrating place to be, with what feels like 200 applicants per 1 position.

I've never painted my nails. In high school it was expressly forbidden, but a lot of girls would not paint but literally POLISH their nails, no liquids involved at all but just a lot of buffing. The nails got shiny, as if they had clear paint on, but just from buffing. I thought it looked kinda cool.

I never really polish my fingernails. Only my toenails. I don't know why, but I've never liked the way my fingernails looked when painted. I do buff them, though. I bought one of those little four sided buffers from Walmart and it works wonderfully. My nails are already smooth and shiny after doing that, but to keep them healthy, I will break open a capsule of Vitamin E and rub it into the cuticles. I've tried to do the Aquaphor on my gloved hands over night thing before, but I end up taking it off in my sleep and having a greasy head when I wake up.

You should try Orly's Metal Chic collection. I'm a little obsessed with them. :whistle:

I do not understand why the black community is thought to be rabidly against marriage equality. Can someone please expalin that to me? Is it not thought to be a civil rights issue? Thank you!

You can't honestly expect one person to be able to provide an answer about an entire community of diverse individuals! The same question could be asked about the white community, hispanic/latino community, muslim community, etc.

You should try Orly's Metal Chic collection. I'm a little obsessed with them. :whistle:

You should also try OPI's "Designer, De Better". It's from the "Muppets" collection, and looks FABULOUS with most skin tones.

Speaking of, I wonder why OPI didn't feature a color called "It's not easy being green" as a reference to Kermit, in the Muppets collection.

Archived