IGNORED

How long until all the fundy blogs are aflame over Obama?

Elle

Oh, fer chrissakes, do you live in the 1950's? My uncles and cousins ARE midwestern grain farmers and they're all over facebook, reposting news articles, playing farmville, etc. Maybe you're thinking of the Amish?

I'm drawing you a lazy hypothetical which, for 2012 won't even translate well, because instead of espousing birther philosophies many of today's farmers will be voting for Ron Paul.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really amazed at how many people do not seem to grasp this concept. They will shout, "It has nothing to do with racism" (in regard to reflexive hatred for Obama), and then to proceed to hold forth on how he is different, exotic, "not one of us", "we don't know where he came from" and all sorts of silly crap. But no, they're not one bit racist or xenophobic and these sorts of remarks are not codewords for anything. :roll:

SRSLY. It just boggles my mind... :doh:

Okay, but try TRY VERY HARD to put yourself in the mindset of a Midwestern grain farmer who doesn't watch Fox News or MSNBC because he's busy tilling the fields till sundown...

Oh PUH-LEEEZE. Farmers watch plenty of TV, Dish is all over the place, and aside from that, those fancy combines have radio in addition to the GPS and air-conditioning, where they can listen to birther radio all day LONG if they want, try WDWS, WLS... the best birther crazy on Illinois radio is after sundown however. Plus they sit and text on their phones like anyone else.

And how many Midwestern grain farmers do you know, pray tell? Most of them are in a cab with A/C and full media access.

Or in other words, THIS.

Meanwhile there isn't any family known as the "Jong-ils." Korean names do not work that way.

Though if you want to see where blind adoration of the military leads, you can't beat North Korea...

No one around here is voting for Ron Paul that I know of, save one house a few blocks from me with an old faded sign. The local GOP is not about to go against the war (either "in Afghanistan" or "on drugs") not to mention the whole "we don't care what you do in the bedroom" plank. Locally the libertarians are pretty much a college thing.

We did have one sign for the Constitution Party in 2008, kinda horrifying (Carmon Friedrich is a big supporter).

Maybe it isn't an issue for you...but my wife just lost her job because she took time off to help take care of me while I am ill. If our marriage was recognized, she would have been protected by fmla. For us, gay marriage is a huge issue...

I'm sorry your wife lost her job. And I hope your health has improved. I apologize for the glibness of my post.

I'm drawing you a lazy hypothetical which, for 2012 won't even translate well,.
Well that didn't work.

because instead of espousing birther philosophies many of today's farmers will be voting for Ron Paul

This is a very questionable assumption, farmers are not likely to be giving up their price supports on crops or subsidies to vote for a candidate who can't possibly win.

Je soupconne que cela a un rapport avec la guerre. Tout comme les chretiens dans l'ensemble sont presumes etre des fanatiques disposes contre les invertis, les Musulmans sont tous ranges dans la categorie de terroristes...

It's just the way things are.

Translation thanks to the miracle of the internet:

"I suspect that this has a report with the war. Just as the Christians as a whole are presumed be fanatics prepared against the inverted, the Muslims are all classified in the category of terrorist ..."

I agree.

My middle name is Maria. Doesn't mean I run around singing in the alps.

Nope, it means that you slipped over the border and are taking jobs from White Americans...

:roll:

Translation thanks to the miracle of the internet:

"I suspect that this has a report with the war. Just as the Christians as a whole are presumed be fanatics prepared against the inverted, the Muslims are all classified in the category of terrorist ..."

No! Not at all.

Si vous ne parlez pas le Francais, il est futile d'utiliser un ordinateur pour traduire le texte.

If you do not speak the language, it is useless to use a computer for the text.

It basically reads "I suspect it has to do with the war. Just as all Christians are assumed to be anti-gay bigots, Muslims are lumped into the terrorist category."

No language I know of translates perfectly word for word. So you cannot use an Internet translator. Mine is also archaic, not vernacular.

And it was not a red herring that I brought up the situation in North Korea. People are easily indoctrinated. The same principles that lead right-wingers to become birthers, or certain radical left groups to value extinct species over in-country human rights violations, also cause people living in a strict communist regime to believe the Jong-ils are heaven sent.

If people are afraid THEY WILL BELIEVE IT.

Wait, wait, wait. People risk their lives to get out of North Korea and away from the leaders there and you think they are brain washed? No, they're forced into submission and kept away from anything that might allow them to revolt.

I have a confirmation name, which I considered using as a middle name, but quite frnakly, I'm not into reminding myself that I ever practiced Catholicism. I'm very happy to just have two names.

Then there is my grandma who had two middle names, the one on her birth certificate, and the one that the priest gave her when she was baptized because he didn't like the one on her birth certificate. (I've known of a couple similar situations)

Wait, wait, wait. People risk their lives to get out of North Korea and away from the leaders there and you think they are brain washed? No, they're forced into submission and kept away from anything that might allow them to revolt.

Yes. As confirmed by the book "Escape from Camp 14" which our main account of the only actual escapee (not released prisoner) of a NK labor camp. Most of these prisoners never thrive in capitalist SK because of systematic brainwashing and indoctrination. When free, they still believe the Korean war was prompted by attacks from the South and have no concept of world affairs. The words used in the book are brainwashing and indoctrination. They hate the camps, they don't know to hate their country. Many released prisoners still believe their dictator is an okay guy.

Please read the book. It would be worth anyone's time.

No! Not at all.

Si vous ne parlez pas le Francais, il est futile d'utiliser un ordinateur pour traduire le texte.

It basically reads "I suspect it has to do with the war. Just as all Christians are assumed to be anti-gay bigots, Muslims are lumped into the terrorist category."

No language I know of translates perfectly word for word. So you cannot use an Internet translator. Mine is also archaic, not vernacular.

You are violating an FJ rule by posting in any language other than English, so cut it out. Many of us speak second and third languages, so we're not that impressed. Plus it's rude as hell.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9931

You are violating an FJ rule by posting in any language other than English, so cut it out. Many of us speak second and third languages, so we're not that impressed. Plus it's rude as hell.

http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9931

Understood. However, I don't feel its appropriate to respond in English to some who claims to hate Americans.

Anyway, I'm out. I doubt I'll be missed, but at least I gave someone an excuse to use the word perspicacious in some form. I'll consider that an academic triumph.

Yes. As confirmed by the book "Escape from Camp 14" which our main account of the only actual escapee (not released prisoner) of a NK labor camp. Most of these prisoners never thrive in capitalist SK because of systematic brainwashing and indoctrination. When free, they still believe the Korean war was prompted by attacks from the South and have no concept of world affairs. The words used in the book are brainwashing and indoctrination. They hate the camps, they don't know to hate their country. Many released prisoners still believe their dictator is an okay guy.

Please read the book. It would be worth anyone's time.

I have relatives by marriage from Korea, this is not what I have heard from those with first hand information.

ETA this link- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/books ... wanted=all

No! Not at all.

Meh. Close enough for something that is breaking the rules

I have relatives by marriage from Korea, this is not what I have heard from those with first hand information.

ETA this link- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/books ... wanted=all

I read that book fairly recently, and while it's true that the escapee had a very difficult time adjusting to society outside of North Korea, my impression was the main reason that he didn't manage well is possessed no skills whatsoever to live in a free society. He was born into and raised in a terribly brutal situation, more brutal than most of us can imagine, with no love or nurturing at all. It's no wonder that he had suffered terrible and permanent damage to his emotional and psychological health and had poor coping skills in a free society.

Anyway, I'm out.

To paraphrase the greatest philosopher of our time, Michael K of DListed:

"And on this day, not a single fuck was given."

I'm disappointed. I haven't been ripped a new one yet. :(

I was looking forward to seeing that! I don't think you would have been the one getting a new one ripped, though.

I found the Oxy-Clean, the spray bottles and the pooper scooper. Who's going to help me clean this damn carpet? It's been bombed in so many places I shudder to think of the damage.

I brought up on another board, that I've been on for over 10 years, that I truly believe that the largest problem that a good portion of the American public has with this presidency, is that the man is black. We had a good discussion except for this good old gal from down Texas way who thinks he signed a deal with the devil (on the road to Tishomingo) and that's why he is president. :::: the stupid::::: it burns ::::: :violin:

I found the Oxy-Clean, the spray bottles and the pooper scooper. Who's going to help me clean this damn carpet? It's been bombed in so many places I shudder to think of the damage.

I brought up on another board, that I've been on for over 10 years, that I truly believe that the largest problem that a good portion of the American public has with this presidency, is that the man is black. We had a good discussion except for this good old gal from down Texas way who thinks he signed a deal with the devil (on the road to Tishomingo) and that's why he is president. :::: the stupid::::: it burns ::::: :violin:

I apologize that my state is so full of dumbasses.

Well that was a terrible flounce. Horrible form and no imagination. I give it a 2.5 :snooty:

I was looking forward to seeing that! I don't think you would have been the one getting a new one ripped, though.

Well, he she it threatened to "rip me a new one" for challenging his her its femininity!

I decided after that charming response it was best to put home boy girl thing on ignore. Life is too short :dance:

Oh that's just a shitty pipe dream. Herman Cain was a performance artist. He never once had a chance at leading the Republican party. He's a joke and a clown and a diversion.

Well that was a terrible flounce. Horrible form and no imagination. I give it a 2.5 :snooty:

I concur. It was a snot flounce. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Maybe it isn't an issue for you...but my wife just lost her job because she took time off to help take care of me while I am ill. If our marriage was recognized, she would have been protected by fmla. For us, gay marriage is a huge issue...

Dhani_C is straight, so she can get married to the person she loves and enjoy all of the benefits and protections of the law that go along with marriage. Why should she give a fuck about the people who aren't like her? She's got hers, dammit. Now someone take care of the problems that *she* has, stat.

She's apparently fled the thread, though, which disappoints me. I really wanted to see her address how awesome Bishop Romney is for spiritually abusing a woman and how that's going to translate into him taking super good care of all of the people of the United States.

Archived