IGNORED

How long until all the fundy blogs are aflame over Obama?

Elle

I'm not a birther and you know this. I don't think I could be any more clear on this issue.

Why don't you acknowledge that Obama released a copy of his birth certificate in 2008, instead of blathering on about "why did he wait so long?" The document he released in 2008 was sufficient for any other person born in Hawaii to prove citizenship. Why were so many Republicans willing to discriminate against Obama by demanding a higher standard of proof than would be demanded of themselves?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seldom feed the trolls, but holy moly this one takes the cake. And here I was, thinking that most people laughed at birthers and took them as seriously as one does with the drunken elderly uncle slouching near the empty punchbowl at the wedding reception...

Obama was born in HI, case closed. Attack him on his actions as POTUS, I can respect that, but not when the main thing one has against him is : "He's a muslim", "His real name is Hussein", "He was born in Kenya", "His b.cert. is a fake". :roll:

On the other hand, I rarely put dark nail polish on my hands because it makes them look smaller. I like to get french manicures in the summer...

Why don't you acknowledge that Obama released a copy of his birth certificate in 2008, instead of blathering on about "why did he wait so long?" The document he released in 2008 was sufficient for any other person born in Hawaii to prove citizenship. Why were so many Republicans willing to discriminate against Obama by demanding a higher standard of proof than would be demanded of themselves?

Because he had a totes scary Muslim name. And everyone knows that when spineless idiots make demands for proof they never plan on accepting anyway you bend over for them asap.

I agree.

My middle name is Maria. Doesn't mean I run around singing in the alps.

My middle name is Beth. I guess I'm a KISS song.

News flash: irrational fear of someone because of their ethnic origins is racism.

My middle name is Lynn, so I am a Scottish lake.

Maybe so, but there are people toiling in North Korean labor camps who believe the Jong il family is selected by the divines.

You can take it up with them.

What the everloving fuck. I don't even like red herring.

You seem oblivious to the entire concept of Othering.

I am really amazed at how many people do not seem to grasp this concept. They will shout, "It has nothing to do with racism" (in regard to reflexive hatred for Obama), and then to proceed to hold forth on how he is different, exotic, "not one of us", "we don't know where he came from" and all sorts of silly crap. But no, they're not one bit racist or xenophobic and these sorts of remarks are not codewords for anything. :roll:

Both my first and middle names are French. Oui, oui! I hate Americans!

What's the deal with the Muslim thing? Even if he were Muslim, which he's not and of course it wouldn't matter, there are American Muslims. It has nothing to do with being foreign.

I think he did wait too long to release the long form. Why do I say this? For the same reason Oprah said it. It sucks that he had to do it, but I feel he should have done it RIGHT AWAY just to quell the rumors. I can't remember the details exactly, but something similar happened with Mitt Romney and his tax returns, he refused to submit them right away so people assumed he was cheating on his taxes.

No one is arguing that he had to do more legwork on this issue than any other President, but AGAIN, people cared about the Muslim connotation because many considered the war in the Middle East to be a war against a fundamentalist Muslim faction.

I don't have a perfect answer to your second question. This is because I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN. I did not vote for McCain. I don't HATE Republicans either. I know SOME Republicans who believed in 2008 that Obama was secretly a Muslim I know these people personally.

I can't be more lucid on these points. I think most of the world agrees that his birth certificate is legitimate, but there will be some who still believe he is a Muslim because of certain things he's said about Israel and so forth.

Just like some people will believe Mitt Romney is shelling some creepy underground Mormon agenda.

I don't have every insight into the Republican party as they really are a diverse group. I have more insight into fundamentalist Republicans than I do moderates.

Both my first and middle names are French. Oui, oui! I hate Americans!

What's the deal with the Muslim thing? Even if he were Muslim, which he's not and of course it wouldn't matter, there are American Muslims. It has nothing to do with being foreign.

My first name is Greek, my middle name English, my last is 13 letters ending in an ski. I am a first generation American whose parents did not have birth certificates. I'm sure that's reason enough to send me back to the motherland.

My first name is Greek, my middle name English, my last is 13 letters ending in an ski. I am a first generation American whose parents did not have birth certificates. I'm sure that's reason enough to send me back to the motherland.

Just leave us the bacon bra.

I can't be more lucid on these points.

You can't be lucid because your position is incoherent. Rightwing fundies don't hate Obama because they're racists, but OMG, Hussein!!!!!!1111!!!!1 Look, over there, it's North Korea!

Racism and xenophobia play a role in the visceral hatred many of "our" fundies have for Obama.

It does not follow that everyone who opposes Obama is a racist.

Just leave us the bacon bra.

:laughing-rolling:

Marmalade sure created an icon when she posted that photo. I'm ever so grateful to her.

Plus, you don't support the "American agenda of yore". You probably believe in public ownership of utilities, and distrust large corporations! All foreign ideas that have no place on American soil! Omaha platform, schmomaha platform.

I am really amazed at how many people do not seem to grasp this concept. They will shout, "It has nothing to do with racism" (in regard to reflexive hatred for Obama), and then to proceed to hold forth on how he is different, exotic, "not one of us", "we don't know where he came from" and all sorts of silly crap. But no, they're not one bit racist or xenophobic and these sorts of remarks are not codewords for anything. :roll:

There is difference between racism and religious/ethnic profiling.

2 million additional African American voters turned out in 2008 in support of Obama. It's possible this was because of racial profiling or simply because they would benefit from his policies.

At one in 2008 a large portion of the Republican party believed Obama was not a legitimately born citizen. This was largely religious/ethnic profiling because the main fear at the time was that he was Muslim affiliated. These are the same people who love Thomas Sowell and Allen West, some of whom would have loved to see Thomas Sowell as president.

He did win the largest portion of the white vote in decades of history. Clearly race wasn't the driving factor against him. However, why would anyone expect white southern evangelicals to consider Obama, when he had been a proponent of partial birth abortion. That is practically the entire evangelical platform???

That's it! You're now on the no-fly list, Missy! And don't be bribin' with no bacon, ya hear? :lol:

I'm a mutt. French, German, Irish, Welsh, and Lithuanian, as far as I know.

Your boat would have to be made out of bacon. And American flags to piss upon, naturally.

Fuck, I really want some bacon now. I need nibbles.

(I totally just wrote nipples.)

So, now I'm a man too???

Let me get this straight, if an individual comes on this site and does not agree with what you believe, the following must be true:

• He's a man.
    He's a VF intern.
    His children must be of Nordic descent.
    He must listen to Rush and secretly craft explosives in his basement.

In which case, you would be wrong on every point.

And by the way, I would have to be a seriously metrosexual male, because my toes are adorned with Lippman's "Whatever Lola Wants", a perfect sheer and shimmering lilac manufactured without the use of several mainstream toxins, a color that would probably help lengthen the appearance of your stubby and boyish fingernails.

I worked in fashion journalism right out of college. Go ahead, challenge my femininity, I'll rip you a new one.

OH please, honey...rip me a new one. :lol:

Plus, you don't support the "American agenda of yore". You probably believe in public ownership of utilities, and distrust large corporations! All foreign ideas that have no place on American soil! Omaha platform, schmomaha platform.

Before I book my passage would you consider a glass of oaky domestic chardonnay? We can sit and watch the show together.

48736.jpg

Why do we even have middle names? You don't even need one legally, it's just a tradition, right? Where did it get started?

Before I book my passage would you consider a glass of oaky domestic chardonnay? We can sit and watch the show together.

48736.jpg

I don't like over-oaked chardonnay. How about a nice sauvignon blanc?

News flash: irrational fear of someone because of their ethnic origins is racism.

Okay, but try TRY VERY HARD to put yourself in the mindset of a Midwestern grain farmer who doesn't watch Fox News or MSNBC because he's busy tilling the fields till sundown...

Some guy comes in the picture who even Hilary Clinton is slamming to pieces. He has a name that sounds eerily familiar. Only 7 years ago the World Trade Center fell down, and the situation in the Middle East ain't pretty.

What do you think this man will do, and can you blame him? He didn't go to college and sit next to a moderate Muslim student who could school him as to how the majority of Muslims live in America. Instead, he hears one or two rumors about a man named Barak Hussein Obama and how his Dad was born in Kenya, and he believes this could be true, because it's never seen before.

And it was not a red herring that I brought up the situation in North Korea. People are easily indoctrinated. The same principles that lead right-wingers to become birthers, or certain radical left groups to value extinct species over in-country human rights violations, also cause people living in a strict communist regime to believe the Jong-ils are heaven sent.

If people are afraid THEY WILL BELIEVE IT.

Why do we even have middle names? You don't even need one legally, it's just a tradition, right? Where did it get started?

It was the fucking saints.

And yes suit your self with the Sauvignon Blanc.

Archived