IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

Didn't River say "the Doctor always lies"? Or maybe they'll do some timey wimey thing related to the Time War and it won't be a "rule" any more.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ship Eleven/Amy and Eleven/Ponds so much :lol:

Sad to see Matt leave, he's my favorite Doctor. But speculations have started over who'll get to be Twelve. Some say Damian Lewis (because he's ginger), others rumored David Tennant's return (doubt it) and others speculate Ben Daniels :shrug:

Haven't heard the news about Moffatt though

John Hurt and Harry Lloyd are other recent rumors. I've always found John Hurt rather creepy although a very good actor. There is also talk of a possible female Dr Who, but fandom reaction to that seems negative.

My theory on how the 12 regenerations will be explained away is that River gave him all of her regeneration energy when she brought him back to life, which will give him a few more turns.

That, or the old, "the Doctor lies." :D

I don't have a favorite Doctor out of the last three but eleven was my first introduction and I will be sad to see him go. Does anyone know if Jenna Louise Coleman is coming back after this season?

Does the season finale mean that there won't be any more River? River is one of my favorite characters. They finally kissed and everything!

Does the season finale mean that there won't be any more River? River is one of my favorite characters. They finally kissed and everything!

River and the Doctor have snogged a few times. As early as ep 2 season 6 I think.

I really didn't like Catherine Tate at all (well, I don't know HER, per say, but I didn't like Donna). But I do have to agree with David Tennant and Billie Piper as being a perfect match. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are good too, but I still like David/Billie better.

I wasn't a huge Donna fan either. I do like Clara quite a bit.

I just started watching on Netflix. So far, I've only watched David Tennant episodes and I'm in love with his facial expressions (especially his eyebrows, heh). My sonny boy has a crush on Martha Jones. I like them as a pair, but after that kiss at the hospital on the moon, I know he's going to break her heart.

So Says I, if you started at the beginning, with Billie Piper in the Dept. Store, you are with 9, the divine Eccleston.

Other rumors: Damian Molony (from BHUK season 4&5)and *gasp* Joe Gilgun (This is England, Misfits series 3,4 and5, guest appearance on Ripper, and star of Lockout) which would have me screaming with glee and subscribing to something just to get BBC America. I love him, and if he could do it with his actual accent, triple swoon. Just for the interviews with him alone - he is my all time favorite interviewee because he always spins it off into bizarro land. "Look at my drink. It looks like liquid sadness, doesn't it?"

Some of the "suggestions" are insane - Johnny Depp or Nic Cage as the Doctor? They couldn't afford Daniel Craig, and as much as I love Giles, I don't think Anthony Stewart Head would work.

Anthony Stewart Head was already in an episode of Doctor Who back in 2006. He played the headmaster in "School Reunion." It was one of the first episodes I saw, and all I could think of was "Giles, no!!! You can't be the bad guy. What would Buffy think."

British actor Rory Kinnear possibly new Doctor?

Has he been confirmed now as the new Doctor?

I'm so sad that Matt Smith is leaving. I liked him the most, I think, although Christopher Eccleston took some beating. As for him leaving because of Captain Jack's sexuality, didn't CE say right at the beginning that he was only going to do one season?

If we're going for an older Doctor, I personally like Mark Sheppard. I know he's played Canton Delaware in The Impossible Astronaut, but I think he could be quite fun as the Doctor...

Eccleston only wanted to do one series, and he seems to be a bit of a dick in real life. However, I can't imagine him getting upset about Cap't Jack's sexuality - how could he work in the theater? Also, I would have to get rid of my 9th Doctor tshirt and I would be sad.

Eccleston only wanted to do one series, and he seems to be a bit of a dick in real life. However, I can't imagine him getting upset about Cap't Jack's sexuality - how could he work in the theater? Also, I would have to get rid of my 9th Doctor tshirt and I would be sad.

Don't tell me that. :cry: I always imagine him being wonderful in real life. :cry:

I'm going to miss Matt Smith terribly. At the same time, though, I didn't think I'd like Clara and now she's one of my favourites. So maybe the next Doctor won't be too bad after all :P

I couldn't stand Amy/Karen Gillan. Her accent and delivery of her lines grated on me. I tolerated her because Rory/Arthur Darvill was so adorable. I was so glad when she left.

I liked Clara right from the Asylum episode. I love how she bounces off Eleven. Hopefully the casting of Twelve is equally compatible with her.

And I will be very happy if the Strax/Vastra/Jenny trio are used regularly.

• 1 month later...

I think he will be good. I don't know anything about him except for the little part he had on Fires of Pompeii. It always takes a bit to get used to a new Doctor.

I know zilch about him but I like that they picked someone a little older this time. (Did anybody else feel like we were waiting for a column of white smoke to rise out of the TARDIS all day? Lol)

If anyone has seen Torchwood: Children of Earth, Peter Capaldi played John Frobisher, one of the main government officials. He was also in the Pompeii episode of Who.

PETER CAPALDI. :worship:

I may have palpitations. What a brilliant choice. So sorry Matt Smith, I love you to bits, but I can't wait for Twelve now.

Archived