IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

PETER CAPALDI. :worship:

I may have palpitations. What a brilliant choice. So sorry Matt Smith, I love you to bits, but I can't wait for Twelve now.

He will be brilliant (he kind of looks like an older David Tennant too me) but I'm a bit diappointed as I was really hoping for a female Doctor. Me and my dad wanted it to be Julie Walters but I guess I'll settle for Peter Capaldi.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him! I think he has an excellent face. Seems intelligent and funny with a good side of sarcasm and scary eyes. I think he'll be good.

Disappointed he didn't bust out of that prop tardis though.

PETER CAPALDI. :worship:

I may have palpitations. What a brilliant choice. So sorry Matt Smith, I love you to bits, but I can't wait for Twelve now.

I agree. I think PC is going to be great.

This is probably not the right forum for this, exactly, but have you all seen this?

http://craftyiscool.blogspot.com.au/201 ... etion.html

Anyone who pulls that off must be super dedicated. Also, squee! So cute!

Seems intelligent and funny with a good side of sarcasm and scary eyes.

Oh, good! Tom Baker was "my" Doctor. I like me some sarcasm and scary eyes in a Time Lord.

I think he's too old, but I'll give him a chance. I'm sure they wouldn't have picked someone who couldn't do it justice. I'm just so sad Smith is leaving. Unlike most Doctor Who fans I really disliked Amy, so it's only been in the last few post-Amy episodes that I realized just how much I love Matt Smith's Doctor. But of course, I thought no one could ever possibly match up to David Tennant, either, so...

I know zilch about him but I like that they picked someone a little older this time.

Same! I'm not really that familiar with him but I am excited about the fact that it's an older doctor (or rather an older person playing the Doctor :)

Honestly, I wanted Alexander Siddig (Dr. Bashir from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) to have gotten it. I think he would have rocked it!

But of course, I thought no one could ever possibly match up to David Tennant, either, so...

I still really miss David Tennant, too. I grew to love Matt Smith's character, but I thought Tennant brought a maturity and gravitas to the role that Smith lacked. We'll see how Capaldi does with it.

Peter Capaldi is brilliant. I was devastated when Matt Smith announced he was leaving, but frankly I can't wait for him to go now.

If you are unfamiliar with PC's work just youtube him as Malcolm Tucker. But not with the kids around, not if you are at work, and not if you are easily offended.

If you are unfamiliar with PC's work just youtube him as Malcolm Tucker.

I'll do that today :) Although I'm still undecided on how I feel about him, I am reassured that so many people who are familiar with his work seem excited about this.

I couldn't stand Amy/Karen Gillan. Her accent and delivery of her lines grated on me. I tolerated her because Rory/Arthur Darvill was so adorable. I was so glad when she left.

I didn't mind the character all that much, but I hated the intro BBC America tacked onto those episodes. I can understand adding a bit of extra explanation for the uninitiated, but that whole "I ran away with him" voiceover made it sound like The Amy Pond Show, Guest-Starring The Doctor to me.

He's perfect! I'm glad that they chose an older Doctor this time and no doubt he's got the acting chops to pull it off. I'm really excited to see what happens with his run as doctor.

My daughter and I totally geeked out when Peter Capaldi was announced. FLOVE him (he was the only thing that made Torchwood Children of Earth worth watching) and can't wait for the new eps. And now I'd also love to see another more mature companion a la Donna (still my fave), with no romantic overtones. I could only stand Rose for one season, until she became St. Rose. I did like Martha but hated that the whole unrequited love angle, Donna was my fave and although I adored Rory, I never liked Amy mainly because I could barely understand her (and I'm VERY at wading through even the densest accents). She mumbled and swallowed her words and I just gave up after a while. Thankfully, I missed the voiceover thing, because I always watch the BBC broadcasts, which would just MIRACULOUSLY appear on my computer. MIRACULOUSLY, I tells ya! And so far, Clara is just "meh."

I've only watched Who since the reboot and I'm really looking forward seeing where PC ranks in my list of Doctor faves. So far, Eccleston still holds the number one spot, Matt Smith is second and David Tennant is a distant third. No fault of his, however. Rusty let things drag on waaay to long and by the end, every Tennant-y quirk and mannerism just became more and more annoying and I couldn't wait for him to regenerate already.

My daughter and I totally geeked out when Peter Capaldi was announced. FLOVE him (he was the only thing that made Torchwood Children of Earth worth watching) and can't wait for the new eps. And now I'd also love to see another more mature companion a la Donna (still my fave), with no romantic overtones. I could only stand Rose for one season, until she became St. Rose. I did like Martha but hated that the whole unrequited love angle, Donna was my fave and although I adored Rory, I never liked Amy mainly because I could barely understand her (and I'm VERY at wading through even the densest accents). She mumbled and swallowed her words and I just gave up after a while. Thankfully, I missed the voiceover thing, because I always watch the BBC broadcasts, which would just MIRACULOUSLY appear on my computer. MIRACULOUSLY, I tells ya! And so far, Clara is just "meh."

I've only watched Who since the reboot and I'm really looking forward seeing where PC ranks in my list of Doctor faves. So far, Eccleston still holds the number one spot, Matt Smith is second and David Tennant is a distant third. No fault of his, however. Rusty let things drag on waaay to long and by the end, every Tennant-y quirk and mannerism just became more and more annoying and I couldn't wait for him to regenerate already.

Same for me. It is going to take a lot to bump 9 out of the "my favorite Doctor" spot.

So my roommate has been renting DVDs from the library.

We just watched the Weeping Angels episode and I am scared that I won't sleep tonight. Or that will be in my dreams.

Luckily the baby did not awake when I screamed

Dear God

Please let me have good sleep and no nightmares

Me

I'm glad you said this about the way the actress that played Amy speaks. I could never figure out exactly what it was that made listening to her disconcerting. It was the way she swallowed the end of her words! She did mumble some too. I think I was usually able to understand most of what she said, but she does have a bizarre way of speaking. Clara is pretty meh so far. She needs more personality, or something.

Totally agree with your ranking of the companions but my favorite Doctor will always be Tennant :D

• 3 months later...

Where is everyone? Only 5 sleeps to go before the big day. We get the simulcast at 6.00am here in Aus, so Sunday morning.

What did you thing of the Paul McGann mini-episode? And the Art Gallery clip where Eleven meets Ten?

I'm wondering what other surprises there are given that they kept McGann under wraps so well.

Duh-duh-duh! Duh-duh-duh! Duh-duh-duh! Woo-ee-woo!

I'm trying to find a friend who both has BBC and a VHS machine to tape it for my family...but, boo-hoo, our library hasn't had the funds to buy seasons past Martha's, so we'll be confused anyway. Not like that's unusual!

The McGann mini-episode makes me want to find his series.

I am beyond disappointed that neither of the local movie theaters - in a three-college town! - is airing the 3D big-screen version of the Special. And I can't manage a 3-hour drive to see it. :(

To add to the sadness, I'm on jury duty this week, so I'm not able to watch BBC America during my spare time - they're All Who this week. (Sidetrack - anyone else doing GetGlue? Lots of Who stickers this week, some of which I will miss due to afore-mentioned jury duty.)

I can't believe I missed this thread before. I'm counting the hours til the special and I get to see my beloved Ten and Rose again. Alas, it means Clara, but you have to take the good with the bad I guess.

I'm driving 65 miles to a pub that is doing a party to see it. :cracking-up:

Edit: Rita, he didn't have a series. He had a movie in the late 90's. It's on Netflix disks if you have it. I haven't gotten that far in Classic myself (I'm still on Four and Sarah Jane), so that's all I know.

Duh-duh-duh! Duh-duh-duh! Duh-duh-duh! Woo-ee-woo!

I'm trying to find a friend who both has BBC and a VHS machine to tape it for my family...but, boo-hoo, our library hasn't had the funds to buy seasons past Martha's, so we'll be confused anyway. Not like that's unusual!

The McGann mini-episode makes me want to find his series.

Do you have BBC America (or know someone who does)? BBCA is running lots of Who, including a series called The Doctors Revisited - each Doctor gets a half-hour overview, and then BBCA has been showing 2 or 2.5 hours of that Doctor's "best" episodes. So the McGann episode would probably have the movie, if that's the only one he did. (If that makes any sense). BBC America is also simulcasting the Special on Saturday.

I am beyond disappointed that neither of the local movie theaters - in a three-college town! - is airing the 3D big-screen version of the Special. And I can't manage a 3-hour drive to see it. :(

To add to the sadness, I'm on jury duty this week, so I'm not able to watch BBC America during my spare time - they're All Who this week. (Sidetrack - anyone else doing GetGlue? Lots of Who stickers this week, some of which I will miss due to afore-mentioned jury duty.)

I didn't know it would be in theaters! Thanks!

Wow! That's so cool! I really want a knitted 10th and 11th Doctor now! :D

I thought I was being clever knitting a season 14 Fourth Doctor scarf for my son-in-law, but damn! those dolls are just wonderful! I think you might all like this link to an article on Houzz:

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/20085866 ... is-Blue-On

I want that front door!

I didn't know it would be in theaters! Thanks!

Only certain theaters, unfortunately. I'd love to watch on a big screen (not necessarily 3D, it tends to be too dark for my taste). But yeah, 6 hours driving Monday night isn't going to happen. The theater list is online - http://www.fathomevents.com/event/docto ... fo/details and it's pretty long.

Archived