IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

Can't remember where I read it but there is a theory that Clara is a physical manifestation or breakaway piece of the Tardis. The Tardis has been much more of a character in and of herself over the last few episodes.

Firstly Blahblah I love your avatar ;)

Secondly - I actually liked this episode - it was nice for there not really to be an enemy...although this does seem to be a pattern in the new series. I do like the fact that the Tardis is getting a bit more limelight, rather than just being the getaway vehicle.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why thank you Violet!

Watched The Crimson Horror last night. Hands up everyone who would watch a spin off series with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax? That would be awesome.

Yes, I would! That's a great idea. I think this was my favorite episode of this season. Traveling with the kids next week looks fun.

Why thank you Violet!

Watched The Crimson Horror last night. Hands up everyone who would watch a spin off series with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax? That would be awesome.

That would rock.

I liked The Crimson Horror. It made me jump and was pretty exciting, but had lots of funny bits as well.

Why thank you Violet!

I would love a spin-off with those three - they're badass and hilarious at the same time! :D The Crimson Horror was a really good episode (although I'm a total wimp so I had another tab open whilst watching the scarier bits on iPlayer....)

I am not liking very much this season, i liked the Clara character at first, but lately she seems different and i dont know if i still like her.

I hope the last chapter next week will be fantastic and make me forget of this!

I can't believe there is only one more show and then nothing until the 50th in November.

Has everyone watched the on-line prequel to The Name of the Doctor? "He said, She said"?. Curious indeed.

I know! Why is this series so short?! :( Loved this week's episode - Warwick Davis is so awesome (fun fact: my friend met him at a Comicon thing and said he was really cool and down to earth - pun not intended!) I just watched the prequel - no idea what will happen (as usual!) but excited to find out.

I really liked last night despite some major plot holes. River Song and the Doctor made me get all teary eyed.

I thought it was really good, especially since there were so many awesome past characters in it! (Always love a bit of River Song and Madame Vasta/Strax/Jenny) I'm seriously hoping that Matt Smith isn't leaving though :( While John Hurt is a brilliant actor, eye candy he isn't. Yes, I'm shallow! ;)

Edited because I forgot what I'd previously posted so repeated myself! :embarrassed:

The rumor mill says that John Hurt is a "missing" regeneration between 8 and 9 making Matt 12 not 11.

Remember when John Hurt said "it wasn't my fault" and Matt said "I know"? To me that indicates that Matt knows of him already, so he isn't a future Doctor.

The rumor mill says that John Hurt is a "missing" regeneration between 8 and 9 making Matt 12 not 11.

Remember when John Hurt said "it wasn't my fault" and Matt said "I know"? To me that indicates that Matt knows of him already, so he isn't a future Doctor.

I hope so!

Also, just read on Huff Post that ScreenRant are reporting that Matt has just signed for season 8.

I agree with the others saying that sweeping music and wacky coincidences took the place of interesting story lines this season. I want something meatier. A reason to connect emotionally with the characters other than just the story requiring it. I think my favorite of the season was the crimson horror. Classic monster of the week, good buildup, and didn't try to shove too much into one hour.

Agree they have a tendency towards shoving too much into each episode. Nothing wrong with a two or three part "to be continued..." to allow proper expansion of character, plot detail etc.

Agree they have a tendency towards shoving too much into each episode. Nothing wrong with a two or three part "to be continued..." to allow proper expansion of character, plot detail etc.

I don't mind the odd two-parter but Stephen Moffat did loads of them in the previous seasons and it was really annoying - while I think he's brilliant at writing for Sherlock, he tries to cram way too much into Doctor Who.

Clara's rather boring. And the kids she nannies for are atrocious. Much prefer the Ponds any day. Gotta admit though, Moffatt did an excellent job in the finale (not saying anything about it in case some of you haven't seen it yet).

Knowing him, we probably know that he looks like John Hurt at 1000 years old, but we won't ever get to know the Doctor's real name.

I'm really looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode :cracking-up:

I love Doctor Who! I've been watching it on Netflix, and, sadly, am almost to the end of season six, so I'll have to wait until Netflix decides they're good and ready to stream season 7 before I can watch it. :( I loved Christopher Eccelston, and was devastated when he was gone. But it didn't take long for David Tennant to become my favorite doctor. And though Matt Smith is good, he's no comparison to David Tennant, in my opinion. My favorite companions so far have been Rose and Amy.

This thread made me realized how much I miss Valsa. :cry:

I love Doctor Who! I've been watching it on Netflix, and, sadly, am almost to the end of season six, so I'll have to wait until Netflix decides they're good and ready to stream season 7 before I can watch it. :( I loved Christopher Eccelston, and was devastated when he was gone. But it didn't take long for David Tennant to become my favorite doctor. And though Matt Smith is good, he's no comparison to David Tennant, in my opinion. My favorite companions so far have been Rose and Amy.

David Tennant & Catherine Tate and David Tennant & Billie Piper were the perfect pair in the whole Ten era. But I ship Eleven and the Ponds so much these days, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan have amazing chemistry on and off-screen which is why I think they made the perfect Doctor-companion. :worship:

I really didn't like Catherine Tate at all (well, I don't know HER, per say, but I didn't like Donna). But I do have to agree with David Tennant and Billie Piper as being a perfect match. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are good too, but I still like David/Billie better.

Matt is leaving. Just announced an hour ago. Off to Hollywood apparently.

I will miss him.

Let the rooting begin! I feel like a huge nerd, because I actually heard that Moffat may be leaving, and I know who I want to be the next writer.

I ship Eleven/Amy and Eleven/Ponds so much :lol:

Sad to see Matt leave, he's my favorite Doctor. But speculations have started over who'll get to be Twelve. Some say Damian Lewis (because he's ginger), others rumored David Tennant's return (doubt it) and others speculate Ben Daniels :shrug:

Haven't heard the news about Moffatt though

Matt is leaving. Just announced an hour ago. Off to Hollywood apparently.

I will miss him.

He just ruined my day yesterday. Ten's my favorite, but Eleven's running a close second. I wonder how/if they're going to ret-con the whole "12 regenerations" limit - just ignore it altogether or something?

Has anyone else been watching the "Doctors Revisited" specials on BBC America? I've got all the half-hour specials DVR'd, but I missed a couple of the vintage episodes.

Archived