IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

Thanks! Just sent the link to a DW lovin' friend!:)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally I am a flats kind of girl and I would have to do two of the same design. i am werid like that..i would look down and just just couldn't do it. lol

• 1 month later...

The Doctor Who TARDIS cake I ordered for a friend's birthday. I think the baker (who was also my friend's sister) did an awesome job.

20d2e731-697f-4b2c-bd27-e2b0d502e1d1_zps92b3a609.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm both looking forward to it and terrified at the same time. I freeking LOVE Peter, but I have zero trust in Moffat. I want to have a Doctor I can love again though. :(

Capaldi has been saying in interviews that he has been very strong about how he sees the doctor behaving and will put his own interest ions onto things. Of course if Moffatt gives him a crap story arc there's not much he can do.

But having said that I. Can. Not. Wait.

I'm both looking forward to it and terrified at the same time. I freeking LOVE Peter, but I have zero trust in Moffat. I want to have a Doctor I can love again though. :(

This is how I feel. I am excited but I so hope Moffat doesn't ruin Doctor Who.

Well, that was everything I expected. Unfortunately. It made no sense, it was boring, and it was a retread of prior work. Homage to the past is one thing, but this was like watching Moffat give himself a blowjob. Girl in the Fireplace wasn’t that good the FIRST time around dude. :/

That said, I see so much potential in Peter’s Doctor. I love him, and hope he gets better material than this.

I completely missed the callback to Girl in the Fireplace. I haven't seen it since it originally aired, and apparently my memory is full of other stuff. Was that the same enemy?

I thought there were some fun moments, and I think I like the new Doctor. It will be really cool if he's darker this time (abandoning Clara, pushing the cyborg out of the balloon).

There was too much slapstick for my taste, but that seems to happen in a regen episode.

I am cautiously optimistic, and hoping the whole Cyborg Heaven thing gets neglected.

The Girl in the Fireplace droids were from the SS Madame du Pompadour and wanted the real Mme du Pompadour for spare parts. They were destroyed at the end of the episode.

Deep Breath's droids were from SS Marie Antoinette - so same type of droid but a different bunch of them. I think. It got a bit confusing. But my kids picked the link as soon as they heard the clockwork noise the gears made.

As for Mr Capaldi, well I was already a fangirl but he had me at "attack eyebrows". But the bit where I really truly felt that the doctor was in safe hands was during and after the phone call between Clara and Eleven. When Twelve said "you don't see me" (or similar) his eyes were heartbreaking and it felt soooo right for him to be in the part.

As for the rest of the episode, the dinosaur was wasted and while the lesbian lizard thing (lizbians? Lezards?) was funny it took up way too much screen time and felt like padding.

But I love Mr Capaldi and given that regen episodes are usually crap, I have great hopes for him.

Thanks for the refresher. It's vaguely ringing a bell now. My son and husband both missed the callback, too. Maybe in this case it's better to be a casual fan. :? You don't notice when the show rips itself off.

I agree that the eyebrow stuff was great, and the egomania argument.

I totally didn't get the reference to The Girl in the Fire Place. They did show that episode on Sunday so after watching it I could see that we were supposed to make the connection. I think they went a little overboard with making a big deal out of him being old and her not seeing him as a boyfriend.

I'm a rabid fan, so I caught on to the clockwork droids immediately, but I can totally see how if you only saw the episode once you didn't make the connection. I also never got sexy chemistry between Eleven and Clara, so the OMG, I'm not your boyfriend fell flat with me (I recognise that other people did, but I never felt it). Much as I LOVE the Doctor / Rose romance, I'm ready for a series with no hints of romance between the protagonists. I also would love Vastra, Jenny and Strax to never be on my screen again, and I'm not excited about the new River/Madame Kovarian/Tasha Lem character. Hopefully she gets some depth, other than a mysterious possibly sexual past with The Doctor and being a psychopath. That's a road that has been travelled way too many times already thanks.

Poor Peter, with everyone going on about how old and unattractive he is. FTR, I totally disagree. I think he's the most fuckable Doctor since Eccleston. THOSE EYES! THOSE PIERCING EYES!

Poor Peter, with everyone going on about how old and unattractive he is. FTR, I totally disagree. I think he's the most fuckable Doctor since Eccleston. THOSE EYES! THOSE PIERCING EYES!

Yes yes yes oh yes. Me too.

So, Into the Dalek. I'm loving Mr Capaldi. Danny Pink is intriguing. Clara is finally getting a personality. But the plot? Moffatt is not doing the actors any favours.

And what was that bit with the school receptionist? Unless she turns out to be a Dalek clone (as referred to by one of the soldiers) then that was the worst bit of wooden acting in time and space.

So happy to have fellow Whovians to dish with! I loved Capaldi instantly - this coming from a girl who waited more than a year to watch any episodes with Matt Smith (and then fell in love with him too). His first episode was awesome, and I keep waiting for a Vastra/Strax/Jenny spinoff show a la Torchwood. The second episode was a bit ho-hummy for me. Daleks, exterminate, blah blah blah. Maybe I was just too tired from work to appreciate it.

I can't wait to see where the series goes with 12 - hope they bring back The Master for a show or two, and maybe some other Timelords what with the whole Gallifrey save and all from last season.

Any thoughts on the new opening for the show? Love the credits and visuals, but don't love the take on the theme song myself.

The new theme doesn't do it for me. It's too tame.

I really didn't like this episode. The whole Innerspace aspect was really dumb.

Danny Pink seems interesting, and the colorful last names must be significant. When did Clara suddenly become a school teacher? Wasn't she a nanny when we met her?

I'm a bit curious about what's going on with Missy and "heaven," but I'm dreading what the answer will be.

The Whovian/cosplayer/nerd who I sit next to at work (he often dresses as Seven (not at work sadly) and his best friend has a full size TARDIS replica) says that in his geeky circles Missy is theorized to be Mistress = Master.

And yes the new credits look amazing and sound horrible. All electronic and squeaky somehow.

I think the who Clara is a teacher thing is meant to show that she has had time to create a life outside of traveling with the Doctor.

Agree. John simmer Is awesome.

My theory on Missy is that she is a version of Idris. The TARDIS regenerates with the Doctor remember so the change in looks isn't an issue. And Idris referred to him as her boyfriend as has Missy. Also Idris was slightly unhinged. I can see Idris collecting people/beings who have sacrificed themselves for the Doctor.

Loved Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant was pretty good too. With the Matt Smith/David Moffat era most of the time I felt like I was just watching out of loyalty/habit rather than actual enjoyment.

I'm really happy with Peter Capaldi but Moffat needs to get gone. I can't stand his pathetic story arcs and I am being really annoyed by the religious references (this crap heaven/afterlife thing, saving the dalek's soul, seeing divinity) What happened to the wonderful speech that the doctor gave to Merry Galel "All the elements in your body were forged many,many millions of years ago in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died...you are unique in the universe."

Archived