IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

None of the theaters in my area are showing it on the 23rd, just on the 25th. I don't have BBCAmerica so I'm just going to ignore certain parts of the internet until Monday night!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Google's Home Page!

I love it! Too cute! My husband is playing the Dalek game as I type this ;).

We've been on a Whovian binge around here the last few days. Neither of us particularly cared for the last series, but we're still looking forward to the special. My husband has been a fan since the 80s when he was a kid and is a walking encyclopedia of all things Who. This is like Christmas came early for him :).

40 minutes to go! It's 5.40am here and we're getting breakfast and finding sonic screwdrivers and fez and bowties and we CAN'T WAIT.

Not enough of my beloved Rose. I was looking forward to her more than anything.

It was kind of disappointing that there was no interaction between The 10th Doctor and Rose.

I wish they'd used Donna as the interface not Bad Wolf Rose. Billie Piper just phoned that performance in. Sorry to those of you who love Rose but Billie mumbled and ham-acted her way through that.

John Hurt and Jemma Redgrave showed everyone else how it's supposed to be done.

I can't wait for Peter Capaldi and some Gallifrey adventures.

I liked it but at the same time I am confused by it. Doesn't this mean that the whole episode where the 10th doctor died didn't happen? What the fuck was going on at the end? Why did the one lady have the scarf? I have so many questions! I need to watch this again. The 9th doctor would have made this amazing. And I agree that Donna would have been a great interface.

I liked it but at the same time I am confused by it. Doesn't this mean that the whole episode where the 10th doctor died didn't happen? What the fuck was going on at the end? Why did the one lady have the scarf? I have so many questions! I need to watch this again. The 9th doctor would have made this amazing. And I agree that Donna would have been a great interface.

Ten still died. Bringing Ten and the War Doctor together with Eleven was timey-wimey stuff by the interface. Their lives are non-linear remember.

I have no idea why Tom Baker was there or why he was allowed to appear so old when his timeline finished as a young man. I know they can't make Tom B young again, but this made no sense at all. Obviously Time Lords can exist and age after regeneration somehow?? Moffatt has some explaining to do.

The lady with the scarf was a fan-girl.

The lady with the scarf was a fan-girl.

She was the Brigadier's granddaughter, wasn't she?

I liked it for the most part (although I have to watch it again because I didn't quite take in all of the story - my DH is the DW fanatic, so I spend most of any episode of DW that refers to past reincarnations asking him tons of questions - it's kind of like when he watches Haven with me and has no idea what's going on).

Surprisingly, I'm not a huge fan of Billie Piper from her time on the show, but I thought she gave a good performance here, especially since she WASN'T Rose - had she been Rose, I might have found her less tolerable. I did 'squee' a little at her "You clever boys" since it seemed like a shout-out to River.

Heads-up if anyone can find it online or if it's still OnDemand for some people (Comcast had it up and removed it yesterday) - check out The Five-ish Doctors if you can. We watched it last night and it was really cute - about Doctors 6, 7, 8, and 9 wondering where their parts were. I have a soft spot for Sylvester McCoy, and he was really funny in this.

"The Day of the Doctor" left me with a lot of questions. According to previous mythology, a Time Lord can only regenerate twelve times, but the War Doctor made it thirteen. Does this mean that the previous twelve regenerations no longer exists, possibly due to River giving the Doctor her future regenerations? If so, why are there only thirteen Doctors. Is Peter Capaldi going to be the final doctor?

Also, does the inclusion of the War Doctor change the Doctors' numbers? Is Christopher Ecclestion now the tenth Doctor, David Tennant the eleventh, Matt Smith the twelfth, and Peter Capaldi the twelfth?

"The Day of the Doctor" left me with a lot of questions. According to previous mythology, a Time Lord can only regenerate twelve times, but the War Doctor made it thirteen. Does this mean that the previous twelve regenerations no longer exists, possibly due to River giving the Doctor her future regenerations? If so, why are there only thirteen Doctors. Is Peter Capaldi going to be the final doctor?

I will be shocked if Peter ends up being the last Doctor. The series makes too much money for the BBC.

I'm guessing they are going to go with either River giving him her regeneration energy as the solution. Alternatively, there is canonical precedent for the Time Lords giving additional regenerations to people who please them, including The Master in classic (I have not gotten as far as the episode where this happened in classic, so it's sometime after season 13. Friends who are huge fans have assured me that it did happen though.). It would not entirely surprise me to have the High Council give him more regenerations after he finds Gallifrey and saves everyone.

I still am holding out hope that The Doctor does not find Gallifrey though. The Time Lords were serious assholes, and I think The Doctor is well rid of them.

Also, does the inclusion of the War Doctor change the Doctors' numbers? Is Christopher Ecclestion now the tenth Doctor, David Tennant the eleventh, Matt Smith the twelfth, and Peter Capaldi the twelfth?

According to Moffatt, no.

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/artic ... tion-limit

Personally, I'm calling Hurt Eight Point Five, and leaving the numbering of the rest the same. From what I can tell, most of fandom is doing that, or simply calling Hurt The War Doctor. I refuse to relearn numbers. *footstomp.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I've watched all of the NuWho on Netflix, and now I find myself in withdrawal. I miss River, and I hope she comes back. She's my favorite character.

It was kind of interesting to finally see them all in order although I'd seen most of them out of order.

• 3 weeks later...

No discussion on the Christmas special and regeneration? I just watched it tonight. Damn Moffat, this show is right up there with Joss Whedon for making me like a character/show and then taking it away. I need to watch again, though; I'm still fuzzy on the regen limit being broken.

And then I need to figure out what to do with the 3 versions of Day of the Doctor sitting on the Tivo. One is 1:20, the other two are two hours (extra interview footage or something), and one of the longer versions has Night of the Doctor included. And maybe I should just buy the DVD/Blu-Ray, especially if the interviews are included.

I thought the christmas ep had some nice moments, but also some stupid ones.

If he wanted to save lives in the town, why didn't he load everyone into the TARDIS and take them away?

Matt Smith grew on me over time, but Day of the Doctor just reminded me how much I prefer Tennant.

I'll give the new guy a shot.

• 3 months later...

Cool!! I've seen some tennis shoes (Converse or Chucks maybe) that had TARDIS designs. I could live with those. :) Not so much a heels person though.

Archived