IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

I thought the plot was a bit "meh" - neither one of the best nor one of the worst - but I like Clara, though I'm not a fan of Moffat's showrunning and worry about his characterizations for women. I didn't watch all of the last series because Moffat's timey-wimey Amy and River stuff bothered me, though I thought both River and Amy had such great potential as characters when first introduced.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm a bit ambivalent about Moffat, too. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's maddening.

Lots of rumours that Matt Smith is leaving after this season & that Moffat might follow. I love Clara's delivery, but idk about giving another possible "love interest" :|

The creepiest thing was my wifi was on the fritz during the episode-normalized when Orphan Black started :shock:

I thought it was an okay episode too. Not bad, but not great. I miss David Tennant. :crying-yellow: I think I'm going to like Clara, though. My favorite companions, since the reboot:

1. Donna Noble

2. Amy & Rory (especially Rory, the Roman centurion who waited 2K years for his true love :romance-admire: )

3. Martha Jones

4. Rose Tyler

Too soon to include Clara, but I think she'll finish high on the list.

I thought it was an okay episode too. Not bad, but not great. I miss David Tennant. :crying-yellow: I think I'm going to like Clara, though. My favorite companions, since the reboot:

1. Donna Noble

2. Amy & Rory (especially Rory, the Roman centurion who waited 2K years for his true love :romance-admire: )

3. Martha Jones

4. Rose Tyler

Yes! Donna Noble! (I don't know anyone else who lists her!) She tries so damn hard, and has the same foot-in-mouth-disease I do. So determined! Man, I have got to go watch her episodes again.

I actually really enjoyed the episode. Mostly because it wasn't one of Moffat's stupid cliffhanger ones! I did prefer Russell T Davies to Moffat. I'm glad that Clara is at least bright, I do wish that (with the exception of Donna) they weren't all young and pretty. Rory was probably my favourite, followed by Rose (it was the first series with her that got me into to Doctor Who.) I do like Matt Smith, I wasn't sure that I would but I wasn't sure about David Tennant and quickly fell in love with him :D

Donna is my favorite as well :) Which was hilarious because I hated her in her first episode and dreaded it when she was brought back as a companion. Then I like Rose, followed by Martha. Amy and Rory are decent characters but their arcs drive me batty.

Donna is by far my favorite because she never ever looked doe eyed at the Doctor. I get so sick of that being a subplot. Of course, Eccleston is my favorite doctor (Tennat a close second.) I'm a Davies fan too. There are rumors that Tobey Whithouse might be brought on to write Dr Who, which for me would be very close to heaven.

Who do you think the mysterious woman who gave Clara the phone number was? River?

Who do you think the mysterious woman who gave Clara the phone number was? River?

She said it was a girl in the shop, right? That made me think of Rose. I don't know how they would swing that, and I wouldn't want them to, but she was my first thought.

She said it was a girl in the shop, right? That made me think of Rose. I don't know how they would swing that, and I wouldn't want them to, but she was my first thought.

I thought it was Amy....something to do with the phrase Clara used. I don't know how they'd swing it being Rose as she's in a parallel universe with David Tennant.

Wouldn't Amy be dead or at least very old since she was sent way back in time? They can't keep bringing Rose back from that parallel universe. River makes sense since she knows all about the TARDIS(so she would know the phone number) and can time travel on her own.

I would rather it was River than Rose. It's just that so much was always made of Rose being just a shop girl, that was the first thing to occur to me.

Donna is by far my favorite because she never ever looked doe eyed at the Doctor. I get so sick of that being a subplot. Of course, Eccleston is my favorite doctor (Tennat a close second.) I'm a Davies fan too. There are rumors that Tobey Whithouse might be brought on to write Dr Who, which for me would be very close to heaven.

Yeah, I hate that girl-in-love-with-The-Doctor thing, too. It got old.

Y'know what would have been great? Donna and Eccleston together. I loved Donna. She was probably my favourite companion overall, although I do admit to some serious Ten/Rose shipping.

Maybe Sally Sparrow? Although I don't know how she'd get The Doctor's number, since she never really talked to him until the end of her episode. More likely to be River, since Rose is in a parallel universe.

I loved this episode. Unlike most Doctor Who fans, I never particularly liked Amy and Rory and I hate River, so it's only now, with Amy and Rory gone, that I'm finally starting to realize just how wonderful Matt Smith is as the Doctor (Tennant will always be my favorite). Clara, so far, is my favorite companion since Rose.

I couldn't stand Amy. Too up herself/brittle. Rory though, loved him. Couldn't figure out why he was with Amy though.

I'm liking Clara do far.

Just watched The Rings of Akhaten. Bit so-so but I felt that it was setting up some plot points for future use. But Matt Smith's monologue to the pumpkin/fire god thing was his best performance yet.

The latest episode reminded me a lot of The Beast Below. And from what I've heard, the e-book, Summer Falls, sets up a lot of this arc with Clara. I may have to download it.

It's a very quick read and cheap, less than $3. It was good, although I'm not sure how it ties in to the series, other than the Curator obviously being The Doctor. Maybe it will come to light later on in the series.

Ooh, I will totally download that ebook now.

I'm loving the second half of this series. I love Clara, and I love trying to figure her out!

I wasn't that keen on the way this latest episode felt like it was trying to be a Musical... But it was still good. lol

Archived