IGNORED

Another sneak peak..Duggars say goodbye.

sassyNoz47

My thoughts on the episode as a whole

1 – I think it’s HORRIBLE that TLC didn’t have a disclaimer or something that some may find the episode triggering. They post warnings for surgical procedures, violence, sex etc. This can be equally disturbing. (Yes, I know the previews were clear but not all saw them)

2 – The today show – where it all began! Only Mykenzie ate fruit… everyone else ate crap and they were excited about that. The announcement itself had to be a big SHOW (what a surprise)

3 – The ultrasound/naming. We know that the girls were monitoring the heartbeat. SO, either they were shockingly confused or J’chelle knew the baby was gone. I tend to think that she knew there was no heartbeat and having the naming ploy for the cameras was just plain evil. I wonder if this is staged – they had Christmas decorations up – wasn’t this VERY early December when she found out?

What did they blur out on the pad she was holding?

CALEB!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP! I call BULLSHIT! Since you had twins you couldn’t name the kid Caleb anymore because the fact that Josh and Caleb chilled was destroyed by the fact that you had twins?

4 – YAY she took vitamins and ate right and exercised… I give a shit why? Isn’t that just your fucking responsibility as a pregnant mom?

5 – Yeah, we know that Josie is seeing doctors. Way to parade her around a hospital sucking on “parents choice†to prove to the viewers that she’s JUST FINE and having no problems blah blah blah. Josie looked just thrilled… Yeah, she’s a miracle – A MEDICAL MIRACLE. Love how one of the J’slaves carries her out so Michelle can drink her coffee.

6 – Dr. Sarver is back

7 – They planned on another media reveal – and it was always planned that TLC would be there to film 8 and find out the sex

8 – Boob needed to bring a snack with him to the ultrasound

9 – Boob asked if they were having anymore and said “from now on honey, we’re just shaking hands.†WTF!?!

10 – The ultrasound – Michelle looked kind of pretend shocked when she said she didn’t see the heart beat. I honestly don’t know that a tech would tell a woman that the baby was dead without confirming with a doc… The whole thing just seemed fake. I think they knew she was gone long before the appointment. Boob’s “prayer†was totally for the camera and not for Michelle. It was nothing short of an anti abortion message. AND I CALL BULLSHIT THAT CALEB WAS A PART OF THE ORIGINAL SHOOT.

11 – The “revealâ€. The little kids asked what it was and she said “I don’t know…†Needed a group shot, for the cameras? Whats up with sitting there with a shit eating grin to say the baby is dead? She admits that Jill listened at 17 weeks, 4 days so the doctors HAVE to be wrong… couldn’t be 16 weeks. We know they listened to that heart tone all the fucking time. Jill totally felt responsible. I love how boob was handing out tissues to those not crying as if to say “cry, bitches†they’re filming! Joy and Josiah didn’t look too disturbed.

12 – They could film all this shit but not her going through the delivery? Just shots of birds flying? WTF!?! So she wrote? Did we leave out the part where she went to the hospital? The “few moments after she was born†to “say goodbye?†Oh, you mean where you had a photo shoot with her corpse? 18 weeks? WTF? The doctors said, 16… Jill checked at 17… and now its 18? Way to change facts again.

13 – The funeral – OMG the fucking blue shirt! The same shirt that she wore on the today show! I just don’t understand! The letter – the one that we all know was edited to include Caleb – the one that was mentioned at least twice in this episode? So suuuuuuuuuuuuuure TLC. We totes believe that you didn’t edit shit into it to include Caleb. The pics of the littles with their hands on her belly - in bed… staged? Um… gonna go with yup. Jill listed on the “birth†certificate? Weird…

I do believe that Jill’s tears are real. I cant tell if Michelle is crying because of the loss of the baby or the loss of the attention – or the loss of the pregnancy – which we know she’s addicted to.

14 – HOLY FUCK DID THEY PUT THE CASKET IN AN AMMO BOX?

15 – The burial – That whole show with the service and the tent cost some bucks. Did TLC pay for it? Where was she buried? That wasn’t 6 feet down for anything. Is she on top of another grave? Love how we know Josh was standing right by the cameraman filming for instagram while his family took up shovels to bury their “lil sis.†Michelle doesn’t have an awful voice.

All in all, it was about as contrived as I expected. The sheeple will love it!

Advertisers

Carpet (empire) x2

JC Penney x2

Pier 1 imports x2

Philadelphia cream cheese (with people in bed)

Crayola x 2

Directv x2

National flood insurance

Marshalls

Burger king

Loreal Hair Color

Olive Garden

Salon Pas x2

“The Lucky One†PG13

Chevy

“Warhorseâ€

Ikea

The Killing

Gevalia

Sketchers

Garnier Nutrise

Walgreens

Values.com

1800petmeds

Jimmy Dean

Tic Tacs

Match.com

Homegoods

Moneymutual.com

Progressive

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, that was legit appt. in Little Rock that Mullet scheduled around a speaking engagement. I don't think Josie gets much more in the way of milestone check-ups than that (and that was taped back in October, well before her 2nd birthday to boot).

Oh, something like a well-child visit could be totally legit. But talking on your TV show about how your child's presence simply must be ever so uplifting to the NICU docs and nurses just sounds, well, self-involved and clueless at best. Sanctimonious media-whoring of your youngest child at worst.

ok during times of loss normal people even christians question god.... scream WHY what the hell did I do. (we of course know what the reason is) You don't normally say lets pray and shes in a better place. No she isn't , the best place to be is in the loving arms of your mother. Doesn't everyone question God during such things? I was pissed off totally at him during a bad point it made me question if he was real. I'm still wondering what the f did I do.... I still don't pray like I used to it changed me.

All the stuff Michelle did might come later but it just didn't seem like a first normal reaction.

The 'best 3 days' of the pregnancy were because Michelle was getting 100% of the attention and sympathy. Notice how she left out the fact she was talking to People magazine every 15 mins for those three days. No, no, she was writing. Right!

The ammo box was just weird. Maybe because she's a misfired round in the QF army?

I don't think the US tech woudl revel info like that to the patient. Who would want to? That's a job for the physician....

I REALLY hope this was the series finale, and the Duggars are demoted to extras on yhe Bates Show.

Jefferson Davis (that was JD, what a dick he's turned out to be) was just another little clue at who these people really are underneath the saccharine coating. Said to hubby, "If he'd just stuck to Jefferson, at least there would be some ambiguity as to whether it was Thomas J. or the President of the Confederacy."

Or William Jefferson Clinton. At least he's from Arkansas. ;)

dahryn, ITA about how they poured it on with the old doctor and NICU nurses, but they did mention a legit appt. in Little Rock on an earlier episode and since the cameras were there...well, you know the drill... :roll:

12 – They could film all this shit but not her going through the delivery? Just shots of birds flying? WTF!?! So she wrote? Did we leave out the part where she went to the hospital? The “few moments after she was born†to “say goodbye?†Oh, you mean where you had a photo shoot with her corpse? 18 weeks? WTF? The doctors said, 16… Jill checked at 17… and now its 18? Way to change facts again.

Hell, she was on a radio show late last week (it was posted here and DWOP) when they were on the bus somewhere between Illinois and Arkansas and she claimed that she was "close to 20 weeks" and called Julbilee a fetus (my word) that was "born still." Then she contradicted it all by talking about being in the prayer closet (forgot to mention that gem on the show as well) about how Jana brought her a laptop (or somehow just happened to find) a sermon by some preacher about overcoming a MISCARRIAGE.

So Mullet, what is it? We know she knows a lot of her fanbase doesn't have teevees and rely on these religious radio shows and those hokey church revivals for their Duggar Truths, but her Truth regarding Jubilee has stretched itself way into Fiction.

Having had some miscarriages, the size of the fetus only gives the doctor a rough idea of when it died. In my case we found that growth slowed before actual death. Also the charts they use and quote are the average or mean for gestational age. (The charts also show other percentiles as fetal growth can vary and varies more the longer the gestation.) So if the fetus measured the average of a 16 week fetus, it could easily have died at 17 or 17 1/2 weeks. Frequently, they quote the gestation as of the date it was discovered as that is the only date known for sure. So it was an 18 week miscarriage if they found it at an 18 week ultrasound but a 16 week size and may or may not have had an audible heartbeat whenever.

My thoughts on the episode as a whole

1 – I think it’s HORRIBLE that TLC didn’t have a disclaimer or something that some may find the episode triggering. They post warnings for surgical procedures, violence, sex etc. This can be equally disturbing. (Yes, I know the previews were clear but not all saw them)

2 – The today show – where it all began! Only Mykenzie ate fruit… everyone else ate crap and they were excited about that. The announcement itself had to be a big SHOW (what a surprise)

3 – The ultrasound/naming. We know that the girls were monitoring the heartbeat. SO, either they were shockingly confused or J’chelle knew the baby was gone. I tend to think that she knew there was no heartbeat and having the naming ploy for the cameras was just plain evil. I wonder if this is staged – they had Christmas decorations up – wasn’t this VERY early December when she found out?

What did they blur out on the pad she was holding?

CALEB!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP! I call BULLSHIT! Since you had twins you couldn’t name the kid Caleb anymore because the fact that Josh and Caleb chilled was destroyed by the fact that you had twins?

4 – YAY she took vitamins and ate right and exercised… I give a shit why? Isn’t that just your fucking responsibility as a pregnant mom?

5 – Yeah, we know that Josie is seeing doctors. Way to parade her around a hospital sucking on “parents choice†to prove to the viewers that she’s JUST FINE and having no problems blah blah blah. Josie looked just thrilled… Yeah, she’s a miracle – A MEDICAL MIRACLE. Love how one of the J’slaves carries her out so Michelle can drink her coffee.

6 – Dr. Sarver is back

7 – They planned on another media reveal – and it was always planned that TLC would be there to film 8 and find out the sex

8 – Boob needed to bring a snack with him to the ultrasound

9 – Boob asked if they were having anymore and said “from now on honey, we’re just shaking hands.†WTF!?!

10 – The ultrasound – Michelle looked kind of pretend shocked when she said she didn’t see the heart beat. I honestly don’t know that a tech would tell a woman that the baby was dead without confirming with a doc… The whole thing just seemed fake. I think they knew she was gone long before the appointment. Boob’s “prayer†was totally for the camera and not for Michelle. It was nothing short of an anti abortion message. AND I CALL BULLSHIT THAT CALEB WAS A PART OF THE ORIGINAL SHOOT.

11 – The “revealâ€. The little kids asked what it was and she said “I don’t know…†Needed a group shot, for the cameras? Whats up with sitting there with a shit eating grin to say the baby is dead? She admits that Jill listened at 17 weeks, 4 days so the doctors HAVE to be wrong… couldn’t be 16 weeks. We know they listened to that heart tone all the fucking time. Jill totally felt responsible. I love how boob was handing out tissues to those not crying as if to say “cry, bitches†they’re filming! Joy and Josiah didn’t look too disturbed.

13 – The funeral – OMG the fucking blue shirt! The same shirt that she wore on the today show! I just don’t understand! The letter – the one that we all know was edited to include Caleb – the one that was mentioned at least twice in this episode? So suuuuuuuuuuuuuure TLC. We totes believe that you didn’t edit shit into it to include Caleb. The pics of the littles with their hands on her belly - in bed… staged? Um… gonna go with yup. Jill listed on the “birth†certificate? Weird…

I do believe that Jill’s tears are real. I cant tell if Michelle is crying because of the loss of the baby or the loss of the attention – or the loss of the pregnancy – which we know she’s addicted to.

14 – HOLY FUCK DID THEY PUT THE CASKET IN AN AMMO BOX?

15 – The burial – That whole show with the service and the tent cost some bucks. Did TLC pay for it? Where was she buried? That wasn’t 6 feet down for anything. Is she on top of another grave? Love how we know Josh was standing right by the cameraman filming for instagram while his family took up shovels to bury their “lil sis.†Michelle doesn’t have an awful voice.

All in all, it was about as contrived as I expected. The sheeple will love it!

Advertisers

Carpet (empire) x2

JC Penney x2

Pier 1 imports x2

Philadelphia cream cheese (with people in bed)

Crayola x 2

Directv x2

National flood insurance

Marshalls

Burger king

Loreal Hair Color

Olive Garden

Salon Pas x2

“The Lucky One†PG13

Chevy

“Warhorseâ€

Ikea

The Killing

Gevalia

Sketchers

Garnier Nutrise

Walgreens

Values.com

1800petmeds

Jimmy Dean

Tic Tacs

Match.com

Homegoods

Moneymutual.com

Progressive

it said and sisters listed the 4 oldest J'girls

Re: Buzzard's comment about Joy and Josiah, I wonder with Joy being close to Amy if there was a conversation sometime with Amy or Amy's mother about how bad the chances were for it to work out. It seems like if JChelle even brought up the 50-50 statistic it'd be with some super positive attitude, not taking into account their children's worries, so I wonder if knowing that someone took the chance to speak with Joy more realistically to prepare her for what might happen.

I dunno, putting the fetus in an ammo box seems to fit perfectly with the whole ultra conservative "Praise God and pass the ammunition" agenda those two are pushing. Unreal.

Did she say season of life?

Regarding the ammo box and vaults I worked as an embalmer through HS and then later in life. I never could figure out the vault thing. Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust, why delay the natural process with excessive containers?

As to the shallow grave. I would think that this is the Grandduggar's plot and as is the custom a shallow grave is dug above an existing burial.

The notepad with the list of names was blurred at the top. Maybe it was a logo of an advertisers they didn't want us to see. The address at the bottom was visible and I'll pull it off and see what I can find when i have time time. For some reason I wanna believe that it's an ATI notepad, and they may have wised up since showing Michelle's happy marriage list.

Oh - I loved how the preacher said JB&M were too young to get married. I also think the inclusion of the 'Jesus Wept' verse was snark/irony on the editor's part.

They portrayed the funeral as something totally commonplace and normal. Fetus funerals aren't, really. Graveside services, or private familial gatherings, yes, but not some huge fucking political statement rally. Many people in the audience looked like they could are less, especially the men.

If that was a planned doctor visit, all the more reason for someone on staff to ask about who's working with Josie on what... but that footage wasn't included in the show. Dagnabit, TLC!

The vault thing is supposed to stop stuff (i.e. embalming fluid) from leaching into groundwater....plus a cash grab.

I am guessing they buried the foetus so shallowly because it was in an area of a cemetery reserved for misscarriages/stillbirths. I wouldn't imagine a body that size could even be embalmed (other than being thrown into a jar of formadehyde)

I'm not sure if she was buried with gpa they might of said so? It kind of looked like the "baby land" of a cemetary all the ones here have these type of areas just for babies. The statues and all the decorations makes me wonder. She wasn't deep enough though so I'm not sure.

I was trying to tell if she was wearing the exact same outfit when she mentioned having 2 in heaven or not? Might be edited in later they did so many close ups of just her it could of been edited in later. I really don't think the announcement was staged gma just wouldn't of said that those kids just don't seem to know how to feel emotion they don't really know reality.

Joy seemed to show no emotion but maybe she doesn't in public.

The baby probably had slower heart beat and was growing slower then normal. In some women older age can be a factor so can High bp, the placenta doesn't give the baby the supply it should it ages faster. We saw major growth restriction with my youngest daughter. She measured 36 weeks one week and then 35 the next her weight also went down she had to be delivered asap.

I have friends and family who had to carry a dead fetus around while waiting for labor to come and they all have said it was the WORST time ever. Knowing the baby was gone but they were still pg....all of them regret not going right into the hospital and being induced.

The best part of the show was not listening to Josh speak period!

Funny they didn't mention the NILMDTS company that took the photos they sure did for every other interview. I only saw one pic on the slide show but I wonder if it wasn't shot AFTER she knew the baby was gone?

Christmas decorations being up was normal a lot of people put them up around thanksgiving everyone I know does.

Real caskets and vaults are made for such burials.

The first trimester casket looks like a takeout box.

And they do make vaults too, but I guess if Jim Bob can't (won't) buy beds for his little girls, then an ammo box would suffice.

I honestly don’t know that a tech would tell a woman that the baby was dead without confirming with a doc…

Good catch - I think you're right. I had CPCs and placenta previa and they didn't tell me anything before they called a doc in.

The vault thing is supposed to stop stuff (i.e. embalming fluid) from leaching into groundwater....plus a cash grab.

I am guessing they buried the foetus so shallowly because it was in an area of a cemetery reserved for misscarriages/stillbirths. I wouldn't imagine a body that size could even be embalmed (other than being thrown into a jar of formadehyde)

Typically we don't embalm most deceased infants or fetus here in the US. Most of the reason for not embalming is based on degree of difficulty.

Good catch - I think you're right. I had CPCs and placenta previa and they didn't tell me anything before they called a doc in.

I just had an ultrasound. The tech wouldn't tell me anything, good, bad or otherwise.

Doctors diagnose.

If I had time I'd deconstruct this entire episode. I think tons of it was staged or reenacted.

On the certificate it lists attended by: Deanna Grace, Jill Duggar, Sarah Walker, Mommy, Daddy, Sisters Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joy. Does that mean they were the ones who helped Michelle deliver a dead fetus?

On the certificate it lists attended by: Deanna Grace, Jill Duggar, Sarah Walker, Mommy, Daddy, Sisters Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joy. Does that mean they were the ones who helped Michelle deliver a dead fetus?

In CA and NJ that would be the case, in AR the names could have been there as a courtesy.

I've had many, many ultrasounds, not just for pregnancies, and the tech never told me anything, even if I asked.

Am just reading through this thread. Have not wanted cable this badly in a long time. Anybody know where to find this online?

Archived