IGNORED

Another sneak peak..Duggars say goodbye.

sassyNoz47

I haven't watched the episode, yet. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the kids were relieved that pregnancy ended with their mom still alive.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't watched the episode, yet. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the kids were relieved that pregnancy ended with their mom still alive.

Nor me. I noticed they did not film Josiah's reaction to the news.

Good catch - I think you're right. I had CPCs and placenta previa and they didn't tell me anything before they called a doc in.

I wonder if it was diagnosed previously, and they were doing a 2nd ultrasound to check. - My sister had 3 for her blighted ovum/miscarriage. THe initial one, another one to confirm, and then the 3rd JUST IN CASE the day of the D&C.

As far as how shallowly she was buried, maybe she was cremated? IIRC, there are laws at least in my state that if its a body it HAS to be in a vault so the formadahyde doesn't leech into the soil.

Woo Hoo! Join us!

I'm curious why they had the "leaked" photos of Jubilee's hands/feet etc if they didnt use them at all in the episode OR during frothy's campaign. In fact, there hasnt been any other use of her at all...

They probably planned on using her and the pics, but the reaction to them when 'leaked' wasn't what they'd hoped for,

Woo Hoo! Join us!

I'm curious why they had the "leaked" photos of Jubilee's hands/feet etc if they didnt use them at all in the episode OR during frothy's campaign. In fact, there hasnt been any other use of her at all...

I imagine even TLC has enough sense to see anti-choice propaganda for what it is. Either that or the law might regard it as footage of a corpse.

I'll be honest here and say I didn't watch the episode. I couldn't do it - I've had the experience of a pre-natal ultrasound revealing no heartbeat, and I can't go there. I did see the promo spots though, and the whole thing has left me wondering if there actually is any part of Michelle left inside her head. Every time I see her face, it's like the lights are on but nobody's home - I think at this point, she'd chew her own arm off if TLC or Jim-Boob told her to.

Ok, I have really liked the articles over on crushable but this one is a FAIL and not just for the snark reasons. The fact that you know you've been linked here means that you read here - and that you know all the bullshit games the duggars play, yet you completely ignore it all and write a puff piece.

The very title about the Duggars grieving like real people is BS - because they dont. They invite a camera crew into the living room, gather up the spawn, and make an announcement - WITH A CAMERA IN THEIR FACES. No member of the family consoles another. The ONE shot they had of someone actually consoling another was at the burial where Michelle was rubbing Jennifers? arm - and it looked like it was because she was cold. Josh was running amok playing with Instagram. Mourning? Some of those kids looked damned relieved.

I believe that Michelle was genuinely upset about the miscarriage but not for the same reasons that most families are. Michelle is one sick motherfucking puppy and the loss of the baby meant the loss of her "YAY I'M PREGNANT WITH A BAYBEEEE" days. Even if we didnt know her proclivity for making life all about her and her pregnancy it was pretty clear with the multiple shots of people giving HER attention - excercise, pills, monitoring... Its always about her.

At the appointment, it quickly becomes clear that something’s wrong. When the ultrasound technician explains that there’s no heartbeat, Michelle’s initial reaction is a quiet “Ohh†that speaks to the shock that anyone would have. Then it becomes a Duggar reaction: She immediately starts saying, “The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away,†as we’ve already heard from them earlier in the season, her voice breaking on “Blessed be the name of the Lord.â€

We all know that this shot was staged and is nothing short of television bullshit. This shot was nothing more than a soap opera staged for the sheeple over on the 19KAC facebook page. The tech would NOT have given that info. She does NOT immediately begin crying. Michelle knew that baby was dead before they plugged the machine in. She went back to the bible because thats what she's expected to do. Its what her BRAND does and if theres one thing the Duggars are good at, its maintaining a brand. Michelle did a wonderful job of acting. BRAVA!

But I couldn’t begrudge Michelle when she asked Jim Bob, voice trembling, “Can we pray?†Obviously they needed this.

BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT. They needed a soundbite for their cause. They needed to remind the viewers that abortion is ebil. They needed another moment in the spotlight (and the beginning of their new career in public speaking on loss). There WILL be a book coming out soon about loss and blah blah strength blah blah jesus. I'll bet that this little "foreword" will be in there.

There’s also a telling moment at Jubilee Shalom‘s memorial service that speaks to either the cameramen’s or the editors’ flair for visual storytelling. While Michelle acknowledges that the miscarriage “help[ed] me to remember how truly fragile life is,†the camera shows one of her daughters cradling tiny, micro-preemie Josie.

Oh, you mean Michelle wasnt holding one of her kids - again? We've discussed this ad neauseum all over this site. The "service" was a disgusting show set up to keep them in the headlines as well as jump on Frothy's bandwagon (remember how he brought home the corpse of his "child" to chill out with too???). Well played, Duggars.

The only person answering Michelle’s question was herself, and she was telling herself what she wanted to hear. I’ll end with Michelle’s speech in the confessional as she reflects on a period that we’ve never heard about before: The three days between finding out that Jubilee had no heartbeat and when she actually delivered her 20th child.

Ah, yes - the majikal number 3. Of course they do have a way with numbers, but 3 is a pretty good one. I seem to recall Jesus wandering through hell etc for 3 days after his death... right? So Jubilee wandered and Michelle suffered for 3 days, to be with the father. BLEH. :puke-front: They left out the hospitilization, the interviews with people, the visitors... so much.

Even though their miscarriage was horribly publicized and fitted into a reality-television narrative, the Duggars’ grief was genuine. And for that, I can respect them.

Seriously? You seriously RESPECT them for exploiting the death to the detriment of the 19 living ones? You RESPECT them for hamming it up for the camera in the hopes that one more krazy adventure will fuel the gravy train? You SERIOUSLY believe that the grief was genuine at the loss of the pregnancy and not the loss of her addictive condition or the train derailed?

Maybe you need to read here more instead of the other way around... I've enjoyed your series on the Duggars. You came pretty close to calling them out for the snake oil salesmen that they are. Please spit out the Kool Aid and return.

http://crushable.com/entertainment/dugg ... cap-468/3/

edited because its bad form not to cite my source - even if it is upthread

Seriously? You seriously RESPECT them for exploiting the death to the detriment of the 19 living ones? You RESPECT them for hamming it up for the camera in the hopes that one more krazy adventure will fuel the gravy train? You SERIOUSLY believe that the grief was genuine at the loss of the pregnancy and not the loss of her addictive condition or the train derailed?

Maybe you need to read here more instead of the other way around... I've enjoyed your series on the Duggars. You can pretty close to calling them out for the snake oil salesmen that they are. Please spit out the Kool Aid and return.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Amen Buzzard. Amen. And it needs to be mentioned every place that this episode is discussed that they LEFT OUT CALEB irl. It was only when the world reminded them that they rushed to cover up their mistake and redo the letter Michelle wrote.

I refuse to watch this episode, out of protest for how this whole miscarriage (and Michelle, it was a miscarriage and not a stillbirth) was handled by the Duggar conglomerate. While Some of her emotions may have been genuine, those emotions were drowned out by the mega-publicity stunt that they tried to pull. I will never understand how a woman, who obviously doesn't enjoy mothering her children once they hit toddler-age (that's what the J'slaves are for), keeps trying to have more. Michelle should have received psychological counseling instead of a TV show.

On an aside, whoever watched the episode, can anyone tell me where the red door came in, the one that was posted on Josh's instagram?

I know that y'all have been saying this over and over again, but let me agree. The fact that NOT ONE of her 19 children rushed to 1.) console Michelle or 2.) be consoled by Michelle told me all I need to know about this woman's lack of mothering skills. Not 20, not 120 kids would show me that she is any kind of a mother.

I know that y'all have been saying this over and over again, but let me agree. The fact that NOT ONE of her 19 children rushed to 1.) console Michelle or 2.) be consoled by Michelle told me all I need to know about this woman's lack of mothering skills. Not 20, not 120 kids would show me that she is any kind of a mother.

QFT

On an aside, whoever watched the episode, can anyone tell me where the red door came in, the one that was posted on Josh's instagram?

It didn't make an appearance. It was supposedly for summer promotions....but the show doesn't come back until the fall?

I also noticed that Jessa did not cry once during the episode.

OTOH, I saw Jana and Jinger cry and Jill and Joy sob. But no Jessa. Not one drop. Wonder what that is about. I have always thought she had a steely personality.

I personally think all of that was real, as in not staged. Jim Bob and the older girls seemed to be displays real emotions that cant be easily faked. Michelle seemed weird but she always does.

Yeah, the only thing that happened was that JB consoled all of his kids individually (even kissing Joseph on the forehead, Nike!) but Michelle was physically detached from all of them.

When I miscarried the tech didn't say a word about the results of my ultrasound. She did the scan and sent me away. She was kind and gentle, but never uttered a word about the health of my baby or what she was/wasn't seeing. My doctor's office called me later that day to give me the results. It was painfully obvious what was happening, but the tech didn't have the authority to tell me. Sometimes I think it must really suck to be a doctor.

When I miscarried the tech didn't say a word about the results of my ultrasound. She did the scan and sent me away. She was kind and gentle, but never uttered a word about the health of my baby or what she was/wasn't seeing. My doctor's office called me later that day to give me the results. It was painfully obvious what was happening, but the tech didn't have the authority to tell me. Sometimes I think it must really suck to be a doctor.

I'm in the imaging field (diagnostic, not ultrasound) and it's definitely true that we can't say anything to the patient about what we see/don't see. Even if something is completely and utterly obvious, I can't say a word. All I can tell people is that the radiologist has to read the xrays. It does occasionally happen, that an ER or ICU nurse might be quietly informed of a broken bone and such by a tech, so that they can adjust their care accordingly until the doctor confirms it, but it is always off the record. A tech would never be the one to tell patient that her baby was dead. That's the doctor's job.

I also noticed that Jessa did not cry once during the episode.

OTOH, I saw Jana and Jinger cry and Jill and Joy sob. But no Jessa. Not one drop. Wonder what that is about. I have always thought she had a steely personality.

I personally think all of that was real, as in not staged. Jim Bob and the older girls seemed to be displays real emotions that cant be easily faked. Michelle seemed weird but she always does.

I can't fault her for not crying. Some people just don't. I'm not usually one to cry either. Jessa was also the one who looked super pissed off getting off the bus at the Today Show. She is so over the dog and pony show.

I'm in the imaging field (diagnostic, not ultrasound) and it's definitely true that we can't say anything to the patient about what we see/don't see. Even if something is completely and utterly obvious, I can't say a word. All I can tell people is that the radiologist has to read the xrays. It does occasionally happen, that an ER or ICU nurse might be quietly informed of a broken bone and such by a tech, so that they can adjust their care accordingly until the doctor confirms it, but it is always off the record. A tech would never be the one to tell patient that her baby was dead. That's the doctor's job.

Why is this? I know at least a few times techs have seen things that they couldn't comment on and I never understood why. Once they did tell me to "hang out" while they called the doctor and ER people to come get me because they noticed something emergent but they never said what was going on, just "go ahead and hang out here for a bit" and then avoided me until a doctor got there. It was so weird!

This should not have been done to those kids and none of it should be on tv.

Totally agree with that.

I think Michelle is seriously mentally ill and needs help.

And that too.

I once begged an ultrasound tech to tell me what they were seeing (I was terrified there was something terribly wrong with my kidney - turns out it wasn't that bad), and they just kept saying no. They told me in detail what they were looking at ("ok now we're taking pictures of your uterus and ovaries because the doctor thinks we might as well," "this is what your bladder looks like") but they couldn't tell me how it looked.

So I'm not buying the ultrasound scene either.

Maybe I am alone in thinking this, but when the "ultrasound tech" said that, it made me think that the REAL doctors/nurses/technicians politely "declined" to be filmed for any part of a tv drama about a woman's miscarriage, and TLC had to bring in an actor to play "ultrasound technician". If they redid the 'scene' using an actor, that also explains the awkward/oddly timed prayer, the disconnect of what people are in the room, etc.

Archived