IGNORED

Another sneak peak..Duggars say goodbye.

sassyNoz47

I wonder if any of the JSlaves is thinking "please God, when I prayed I didn't want to take care of another baby, I didn't mean for you to kill her. I was just hoping Mom would spend more time with this one."

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... was the fetus embalmed or cremated in any way or do they believe in not preserving the body?

Aw geeze, I love "Jesus Loves Me" trying to not tear up.

Thank you Little Couple! "JINGLE BELLS!! JINGLE BELLS!!" And thank you, TLC, for good timing.

Did they at least paint it pink with flowers??

Nope, army green. It made no sense since there appeared to be a tiny coffin, so why the extra layer?

Thank you Little Couple! "JINGLE BELLS!! JINGLE BELLS!!" And thank you, TLC, for good timing.

Word! I bust a gut laughing at the transition.

No seriously?

They put the wooden casket inside a standard issue military ammo box, turned on its side, and then buried it. Just like they put wooden caskets in concrete vaults. I can see the practicality of it. I wish they had painted the ammo box a different color. But please, don't blame this on Arkansas.

I was holding it together until I saw a man lowering his miscarried fetus into the ground, and the little boys shoveling dirt onto the casket, and then I cried. There's nothing but sadness about that.

Is that buried deep enough?? it didn't look like a coffin looked like a card box a fancy brown wooden one. But they put coffins in a metal box when its lowered into the ground.

I'm watching this a little behind everyone else here, just got to the ultrasound. This should not be on television. Yet I'm watching it. I'm as angry with myself as I am with them for allowing this to be aired. :angry-cussingblack:

But I honestly didn't expect to cry. Even though it's so public you can still tell their pain is real.

I didn't either. But I'm a mess.

Was ping-ponging between here and TWOP, and TWOP is down. It was fine half an hour ago. Don't know if the posters talking about this episode broke it, but it seems like quite a coincidence.

They put the wooden casket inside a standard issue military ammo box, turned on its side, and then buried it. Just like they put wooden caskets in concrete vaults. I can see the practicality of it. I wish they had painted the ammo box a different color. But please, don't blame this on Arkansas.

I was holding it together until I saw a man lowering his miscarried fetus into the ground, and the little boys shoveling dirt onto the casket, and then I cried. There's nothing but sadness about that.

I was only joking. Everything weird about the Duggars is more likely a Gothard thing or a fundie thing than an Arkansas thing.

Here's a possible explanation for this episode:

The Duggars wanted a somber hour about their belief in all things "pro life" and how their miscarriage was equal to losing an infant. TLC wanted to acknowledge the miscarriage but show the Duggars coming together as a family and rebounding (or something very different from JB and M's concept). They squabbled over scene after scene, detail after detail, and what they grudgingly agreed on was put on the air tonight.

Here's a possible explanation for this episode:

The Duggars wanted a somber hour about their belief in all things "pro life" and how their miscarriage was equal to losing an infant. TLC wanted to acknowledge the miscarriage but show the Duggars coming together as a family and rebounding (or something very different from JB and M's concept). They squabbled over scene after scene, detail after detail, and what they grudgingly agreed on was put on the air tonight.

Here is a better explanation, the duggars had a legally binding contract to deliver x number of shows for x number of $$, that amt. also included a birth show, or a death show, depending on how the pregnancy panned out. The duggars aka Jboob approve all content per their contract. Jboob may have negotiated a higher amt. for a potential miscarriage (since this was a very real possibility). The duggars are media whores plain and simple. Exploiting the death of a fetus just shows you how low they are willing to go just to chase the almighty dollar.

I may sound rude for asking this, but I didn't watch the episode. But did they give a justification for the miscarriage? J'Caleb was because of evil birth control. Did Michelle say anything about what what evil thing caused this miscarriage?

This may be another rude thing to say, but I hope the J'kids see the flaw in their parents thinking after this miscarriage.

I got sad when the boys were shoveling dirt into the grave.

The older boys doing it is bad enough; watching the younger ones is agonising. No young child should ever have to do that.

I may sound rude for asking this, but I didn't watch the episode. But did they give a justification for the miscarriage? J'Caleb was because of evil birth control. Did Michelle say anything about what what evil thing caused this miscarriage?

Michelle said something like I've been asking (the Lord) what I did wrong, what I did I do to cause this... I think most women ask themselves similar questions after a miscarriage. There was never any discussion about the stress of a tv show or lack of J.O.Y. from their children possibly causing it.

This may be another rude thing to say, but I hope the J'kids see the flaw in their parents thinking after this miscarriage.

Anna had a miscarriage already, right? I wonder if she's ever pondered how come Michelle gets an episode and funeral, while she only got a few days bedrest while one of the Jslaves babysat Mack.

I wish Michelle would acknowledge the facts of biology and old eggs as the cause. At her age she has a very high risk of miscarriage simply due to old deteriorating eggs. Nope have to be Gothardized and look for a sin to blame it on.

yes, taking your poor daughter back to the NICU to parade her in front of TLC's camera was totally done to lift the spirits of the medical staff...

Actually, that was legit appt. in Little Rock that Mullet scheduled around a speaking engagement. I don't think Josie gets much more in the way of milestone check-ups than that (and that was taped back in October, well before her 2nd birthday to boot).

I wish Michelle would just get angry! It's okay to feel angry when you're grieving, and to express it! I felt like she was being so stilted in her responses because she was trying to avoid just coming out and saying, "This SUCKS!" Good god, it has to be exhausting to keep sweet all the time.

I wish Michelle would acknowledge the facts of biology and old eggs as the cause. At her age she has a very high risk of miscarriage simply due to old deteriorating eggs. Nope have to be Gothardized and look for a sin to blame it on.

I would suggest that any other woman who got pregnant at her age would be aware of the risks and the 50% chance of miscarriage. I have a feeling she and Jboob translated that risk into a higher paycheck.

I think all of this was reenacted. Seriously. None of it seems the least bit believable to me. And really, where did the ultrasound tech go? She disappears--even when the camera moves, she's nowhere to be found. I can't think that would have actually happened during the original event. Wouldn't the doctor have been called in, or other staff? Miscarrying a wanted pregnancy seems like the kind of thing that would call for some level of staff support?

Totally a re-enactment. It was also clear the older girls knew; interesting that normally they take the entire family but just Boob apparently gets to "go" this time? I think not. I HATED how they exploited the kids' grief, which WAS real.

Names? Don't forget Janessa. They already have a Jana and a Jessa, so she would have fit right in. Nice to see Julie second on the list though.

Jefferson Davis (that was JD, what a dick he's turned out to be) was just another little clue at who these people really are underneath the saccharine coating. Said to hubby, "If he'd just stuck to Jefferson, at least there would be some ambiguity as to whether it was Thomas J. or the President of the Confederacy."

I kept my eye out for a shot of Jessa looking like she gave a flying fuck, but couldn't find one. They repeatedly showed all of the girls from Hannie on up weeping at the graveside service, but not Jessa.

I do feel very sorry for Jill. I think she was taking on the burden of the loss and that's not right. Even when Michelle was giving her initial talk to the kids, she immediately started rambling about gestation time frames (like it mattered to the little kids whether she was 16 or 17 weeks along when they‘d just been told their “sibling“ was dead) and brought Jill into it.

Michelle admitted she was fully aware the odds of her carrying to term weren't great (they were actually 50/50 at best.) She knew what she was getting into. Leave Jill out of it.

My general sense is that there was lots and lots of editing and re-editing going on with this episode.

Archived