IGNORED

Another sneak peak..Duggars say goodbye.

sassyNoz47

Nor me. I noticed they did not film Josiah's reaction to the news.

They showed him slouched down on the sofa looking uninterested.

It was hard to tell from the editing, but unlike "Joe Joe" I don't think he and the J-boy next to him got a kiss from Boob. Looked like he just ruffled their hair. The slouching might have saved Josiah from that indignity.

The whole episode was bizarre and not just because of the way the subject matter was being handled. I'm convinced "real moments" were spliced with re-staged moments, which would explain the odd, choppy feel to everything. One small example would be the addition of the name Jubilee to the last of the girl name suggestions. You don't actually see Michelle say the name, you just hear it.

But the ultrasound to me is proof that there were alterations. Where was the doctor who was likely the one who broke the news to them? Did she refuse to be filmed discussing the situation with the Duggars? I know I would have drawn the line there.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this? I know at least a few times techs have seen things that they couldn't comment on and I never understood why. Once they did tell me to "hang out" while they called the doctor and ER people to come get me because they noticed something emergent but they never said what was going on, just "go ahead and hang out here for a bit" and then avoided me until a doctor got there. It was so weird!

Because we aren't doctors and thus can't "diagnose" anything. We can take the pictures and have to be able to evaluate the quality of the pictures, but the doctor has to be the one to officially diagnose any sort of problem or lack of problem. Basically, if a tech were to say that everything looked fine, and the patient left and acted like there was no problem, and the doctor looked at the images and saw a problem, the tech could get fired and possibly sued. On the other hand, if the tech thought they saw something, told the patient, and it turned out not to be there, they could get fired and possibly sued. It's a cover your ass kind of thing.

Just chiming in to add another vote for bullshit in the ultrasound scene.... when I had my ultrasound where they found my son's spina bifida, I could tell that the tech was acting funny, avoiding eye contact with me, things just weren't right. I asked questions and she told me she couldn't say anything until the Dr came in. When the Dr did come in and tell me my son had a birth defect, I freaked out, cried hysterically, jumped up and put my clothes on, and was generally psycho for a few minutes. I know news of a birth defect is not the same as a death, but it's still devastating and scary news when you're pregnant. I couldn't believe Michelle laying there quietly with a couple of tears rolling down, and the first thing she thinks of is to pray. It was way too calm for all to be believable. I think the cameras weren't there for the origional appointment and Dr. Sarver didn't want to have any part of some shitty re-enactment.

I can't fault her for not crying. Some people just don't. I'm not usually one to cry either. Jessa was also the one who looked super pissed off getting off the bus at the Today Show. She is so over the dog and pony show.

I can't blame Jessa for possibly not getting attached to a baby who would be just another howler for her to be a mother to while the actual mother does nothing but soak up the attention.

And IA that Jessa is not happy with how things are chez Duggar. That coupled with her good looks makes me think Jessa will be the first Duggar girl to get married.

Was Jessa next in line for a new buddy?

Also, I hadn't been keeping up with their cringeworthy Today Show appearances, so the clip they showed in this episode was the first "big announcement" I've seen in years. I LOLed when Ann Curry squealed and basically told them they were cray-cray.

hellokittyammocan.jpg

Pink is better. I'm picturing Michelle opening an etsy store full of these...

Well shows ya how much they really cared.

(I'm definitely gonna make a this for the DD :lol: )

I've had a couple of different types of tests in my life and the techs/nurses couldn't tell me anything. I had a couple of things to look at my heart when I was having palpitations, and I also had a sleep study. Nobody could tell me anything until the doctors looked at it. But when I had an ultrasound to diagnose gallstones, the tech actually answered when I asked her if I had gallstones, and that really surprised me. In that case it was painfully obvious that I had them so I guess it wasn't such a big deal. Now that I think of it, she might have actually said something more vague like "There's definitely something there". But something major like a miscarriage would be handled by the doctor.

Just chiming in to add another vote for bullshit in the ultrasound scene.... when I had my ultrasound where they found my son's spina bifida, I could tell that the tech was acting funny, avoiding eye contact with me, things just weren't right. I asked questions and she told me she couldn't say anything until the Dr came in. When the Dr did come in and tell me my son had a birth defect, I freaked out, cried hysterically, jumped up and put my clothes on, and was generally psycho for a few minutes. I know news of a birth defect is not the same as a death, but it's still devastating and scary news when you're pregnant. I couldn't believe Michelle laying there quietly with a couple of tears rolling down, and the first thing she thinks of is to pray. It was way too calm for all to be believable. I think the cameras weren't there for the origional appointment and Dr. Sarver didn't want to have any part of some shitty re-enactment.

Hope your son is doing well.

The crying at the meeting to let them know. They could have been crying because their parents were. It is not unusual to cry when you can see someone you love is hurting. Doesnt mean that they were crying over the baby.

How does michelle then lock herself away for three days to pray and write? What about the ones who were still there?

I agree with the no kids going to console her. I think it was Jim bob who actually showing real emotion.

On the certificate it lists attended by: Deanna Grace, Jill Duggar, Sarah Walker, Mommy, Daddy, Sisters Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joy. Does that mean they were the ones who helped Michelle deliver a dead fetus?

Why is Jill not listed as a sister?

Why is Jill not listed as a sister?

I think Jill just got a 'spot of honour' before the rest of the sisters because she 'assisted' in attending to her mother's health and detecting fetal heartbeats, etc.

Michelle said something towards the end that was very telling (sorry if it's been covered already). Paraphrasing: I locked myself away and I was praying and writing... I couldn't even pray, I just wrote.

Yeah, that's right, Michelle. Gotta get all that material down for your next book. Didn't her "writings" from Josie's NICU time become their latest book? By all means, continue to exploit a fetus you consider just as important as your other living, breathing offspring. You sure as hell don't mind pimping them out to the media for profit, why should Jubilee be any different?

riffle

with my first pregnancies the tech would only tell me the sex, with the last 2 she told me about a placenta previa, she also would tell me there was a heart beat. But called the dr in to look who told me the baby was having growth issues. Maybe the Dr did come in and look and told them then left and the tech confirmed.

However whats REALLY odd is I have been with my own daughter 2 her last 2 ultrasounds. At one the tech was telling her the baby was to small and there could be a problem she didn't call anyone in she just told her that. The ultrasound was done at a different center then the drs office. The 2nd time we went the tech (a different one) said it looked like the baby had a cleft lip... but maybe she said the cord was up there or something? however my daughter JUST had the 4d sonogram a month before and lips were perfect, still she was worried my daughter was crying by the time we got to the building with the Dr. He said its 100% sure the baby is ok lips were perfect before on the detailed sonogram. But I thought it was very tacky for her to say anything period!!

I thought they weren't allowed but she DID so I thought it was something new now. My youngest is 8 so things could of changed I thought.

My daughter was given the wrong medication (100mg instead of 10mg) by the pharmacy by mistake for over a month. They are doing all these sonograms every 2 weeks because the med at that dose can cause serious issues.

Thanks for the kind words Gustava.... he's 17 now and is a lady killer! He has multiple disabilities but he's so happy you'd never know it.

Thoughts about Jill:

What was that rambling incoherrant speach she gave about not wanting to believe it and telling herself that it was true, but that it wasn't true? Has she been told for so long that God only takes babies away from women who take the evil birth control that it never occurred to her that this baby may not survive, given the trauma of her mother's uterus plus bazillion other high risk factors? It really sounded like the notion of a miscarriage had never occurred to her. Someone who is in "nursing" (haha) training should be the best informed on the risk and danger that her mother was in.

I can see why she was the most (on camera) upset. She had an emotional bond with her mother's pregnancy instead of being just another howler for her to mother - a la Jessa.

Random thoughts on TLC's eff you to the Duggars:

Speaking of Jessa, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall of that bus to know what she was so pissed off about. When she got off for the Today Show she was far from a happy camper. I loved how the voice-over of someone, Michelle maybe? was saying how there is always fruit in the green rooms and it pans to everyone stuffing doughnuts in their mouths. Priceless.

Jill and Jim Bob seemed the most genuinely upset to me. Michelle's grief almost seemed to have a sense of panic to me, which confirmed my belief that she's truly grieving a loss of fertility. She's been a fertile myrtle for so long, and now that seems to be slipping away. Jill has always seemed the most sensitive to me and Boob has always seemed like he at least somewhat cares about the kiddos Michelle pops out. I do feel bad for Jill. I think she's probably feeling a lot of guilt. She was "closely monitoring" her mother's pregnancy, and though there is nothing she could have done, I'm sure a part of her feels responsible. I also find it interesting that on the birth/death certificate, she's listed as an attendant...clearly a nod to all of the "nursing/midwife" training she's receiving. I like Jill, but I hate that they are pretending she will ever receive enough education to be a nurse or a midwife. Also, rewatching the funeral/burial I was irrationally pissed off by Michelle's stupid blue shirt. WTF, everyone else managed to dress in grays and blacks, and Michelle covers her perfectly modest black dress with that fucking shirt. During the burial scenes she stuck out like a sore thumb. It seemed like a pathetic grab for attention.

Jill and Jim Bob seemed the most genuinely upset to me. Michelle's grief almost seemed to have a sense of panic to me, which confirmed my belief that she's truly grieving a loss of fertility. She's been a fertile myrtle for so long, and now that seems to be slipping away. Jill has always seemed the most sensitive to me and Boob has always seemed like he at least somewhat cares about the kiddos Michelle pops out. I do feel bad for Jill. I think she's probably feeling a lot of guilt. She was "closely monitoring" her mother's pregnancy, and though there is nothing she could have done, I'm sure a part of her feels responsible. I also find it interesting that on the birth/death certificate, she's listed as an attendant...clearly a nod to all of the "nursing/midwife" training she's receiving. I like Jill, but I hate that they are pretending she will ever receive enough education to be a nurse or a midwife. Also, rewatching the funeral/burial I was irrationally pissed off by Michelle's stupid blue shirt. WTF, everyone else managed to dress in grays and blacks, and Michelle covers her perfectly modest black dress with that fucking shirt. During the burial scenes she stuck out like a sore thumb. It seemed like a pathetic grab for attention.

This x 100

DAMN!!!!!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/0 ... re/126372/

Ratings... 1.741 Million viewers and a 0.7

Those are some fine numbers...

One more thing on the ultrasound - I feel like after they tell you there's no heartbeat there's a discussion about "now what" which includes how its coming out etc - not a prayer - and no doctor.

I think people tuned in to see just how big of a train wreck it would be....

I think people tuned in to see just how big of a train wreck it would be....

This. The ratings for the episodes previous to this weren't that great. I believe a few times there were under a 1 million.

Archived