IGNORED

Brandy starts over, all over again.

oscar

WTF is with these women showing photos of the insides of their kitchen cabinets?? Is there some kind of competition I missed out on. And how did l live for so long without a home management binder?

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF is with these women showing photos of the insides of their kitchen cabinets?? Is there some kind of competition I missed out on. And how did l live for so long without a home management binder?

Yes, it is a competition. Who is the best Christian ever. Who is the best helpmeet on the planet. Who is so especially blessed by their god that they are amazing homemakers and clean their cabinets.

I thought the organized cabinet pictures were pretty funny. It was like:

BEFORE: Two lopsided pans

AFTER: Two pans stacked on each other

HOMEMAKING MAGIC!

ETA: lol, the post is gone now. Hi Candy!

I thought the organized cabinet pictures were pretty funny. It was like:

BEFORE: Two lopsided pans

AFTER: Two pans stacked on each other

HOMEMAKING MAGIC!

ETA: lol, the post is gone now. Hi Candy!

And she's disabled all quotes.

Counting down till she does her semi-annual flounce.....

Oh, Hello Candy! How's life in the panhandle?

Yes, it is a competition. Who is the best Christian ever. Who is the best helpmeet on the planet. Who is so especially blessed by their god that they are amazing homemakers and clean their cabinets.

I'm the best! my 2 year old son puts away his OWN DISHES.

I'm the best! my 2 year old son puts away his OWN DISHES.

Hey...wait. You make a FUTURE HEADSHIP :o put away DISHES?! I can't believe Jesus approves of such wanton disregard of Biblical Man- and Womanhood. :)

Candy is Brandy's long-term off-again, on-again, off-again-again, on-again-again, oh-no-wait-it's-OFF-again-again-again, online friend.

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com

Whoa, she sure thinks a lot of herself! I got about 2 minutes in to a day in the life of and I was like BORING! Also, the house tour was blah. I like yellow, but not for EVERY SINGLE ROOM! And all the colors on her site give me a friggin' headache.

riffles

]

Fuck, I spent way too much time on this site, I could have lived my whole life not knowing what a home management binder is. Now I just had a fleeting thought that maybe we needed one. Perhaps all the mommy bloggers and I could just admit that the SAHM thing is mind-numbingly repetitive work that is usually relentlessly boring and dismally endless. The whole start-a-blog-with-lists-of-superior-mommy-things is so high-school-cliquish that I am now getting flashbacks to feeling acne-prone and insecure.

Hey...wait. You make a FUTURE HEADSHIP :o put away DISHES?! I can't believe Jesus approves of such wanton disregard of Biblical Man- and Womanhood. :)

I make the current headship DO the dishes. I'm hell bound aren't I? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted to post the you tube link for "Candy's Room" so if Candy is reading here she can listen to her special song. :lol:

Now I won't get that song out of my head for a while. :roll:

]

Fuck, I spent way too much time on this site, I could have lived my whole life not knowing what a home management binder is. Now I just had a fleeting thought that maybe we needed one. Perhaps all the mommy bloggers and I could just admit that the SAHM thing is mind-numbingly repetitive work that is usually relentlessly boring and dismally endless. The whole start-a-blog-with-lists-of-superior-mommy-things is so high-school-cliquish that I am now getting flashbacks to feeling acne-prone and insecure.

Me, too. I'm like, "should I be doing one of those?" Then, as I regained my senses, it was "no way".

Hey, I think Bruce Springsteen wrote a song about Candy called "Candy's Room". In the song, I believe she is a prostitute. I think this song is on the Darkness on the Edge of Town album/CD/8track. I bet religious Candy just loves it. Does she really live in the Panhandle of Texas?

And if she couldn't flip flop anymore in one day BC is no longer permitting anonymous comments.

Edited to add: Just because this wingnut doesn't believe in Internet safety for herself and her kids, I'm not throwing mine out the door, just so she can delete my comment.

I think this is the first time I legit ran someone off FJ. I didn't even do it on purpose.

Feels like a rite of passage or something.

Anyway, I hope Brandy gets her stuff sorted out. But I find her defensiveness mind-boggling.

I think this is the first time I legit ran someone off FJ. I didn't even do it on purpose.

Anyway, I hope Brandy gets her stuff sorted out. But I find her defensiveness mind-boggling.

If you look closely at my bacon bra you will see little hash marks on it, each represents a fundy I alienated :D

Your post was insightful, not just to us but to her as well.

I make the current headship DO the dishes. I'm hell bound aren't I? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely, but putting together a home management binder and assigning all the tasks to yourself might help. Extra brownie points with Jesus for then starting a blog in blinking pink and glittery font in which you tell people all about it. :lol:

Guest Anonymous
Definitely, but putting together a home management binder and assigning all the tasks to yourself might help. Extra brownie points with Jesus for then starting a blog in blinking pink and glittery font in which you tell people all about it. :lol:

Don't forget the music player that auto-starts when someone opens your page! With Godly classical music! Or hymns. Nothing with drums, though.

Don't forget the music player that auto-starts when someone opens your page! With Godly classical music! Or hymns. Nothing with drums, though.

That's why I can't even visit half of the fundie's blogs. That HORRIBLE MIDI music of hymns! JEEBUS H CHRIST on a cracker it seriously makes me want to scream.

Right, and make sure your sidebar is full of soft-focus paintings of wise old mothers and god-fearing, loving young mothers and dutiful maidens and blonde chubby-cheeked children clutching Bibles, everybody in Empire dresses and grannies in lacy white caps.

Absolutely indispensable for the God-fearing Biblical Bloggerhood!

Tl;dr - Brandy is surprised to find that people don't like the fact that she would fast if one of her daughters 'chose' to be a lesbian :roll:

Tl;dr - Brandy is surprised to find that people don't like the fact that she would fast if one of her daughters 'chose' to be a lesbian :roll:

Brandy is a hot mess. She is a lying liar who lies. Heck just last week she was moving away from legalism, now she's back on it if it is a means she can use to diminish LGBT people.

I wish someone could hack Candy's website and make it play "Candy's Room" loudly when someone clicked on it.....

Anyway, on a good day Brandy acts like she's 12 years old. However, most of the time I think there's some possible depression/bi-polar/agoraphobia mental issues stuff going on.

but I wish her the best of luck with the whole home management binder, 18 5-gallon tubs of grain, Candy is my best friend, Jason might be going to college someday, mess that is her life right now.

Guest Anonymous
women who choose abortion are in sin

I'd love to see the Biblical citation for that. Because I've got several verses that say she's wrong.

Hey Brandy, is it a sin to force an abortion on a woman if she's cheated on her husband? Because God says you should do exactly that.

**Edited because "so" and "do" don't mean the same thing. IE: Riffled.

Personally, I don't find it mind-boggling at all. She wants approval. She wants attention. She wants to be part of the Happy Christian Homemaking Mommyblogger cool kids' club. And I believe her flip-flops are because she's trying to find the one way of living that will get her all those things, and get them as quickly as possible. Emotionally, she's about 14, and like a 14-year-old she's still trying on various identities, hoping to find the one that will make people really, really like her (and that doesn't itch too badly). Unfortunately, it seems that her husband isn't any better.

I feel bad for her kids, who have to grow up with immature parents who have such weak egos that they can be easily led by others. They're the kind of people who got so caught up in doomer paranoia they stocked up on buckets of grain, yet they don't have basic furniture or a running vehicle? Jeez, Louise. And that kind of fear-driven, short-sighted, impulsive decision-making is part of a long-standing pattern--one that will be very, very hard to break.

However "bright" Brandy may seem sometimes, she's still an idiot--and her brand of idiocy is incredibly resistant to change.

Personally, I don't find it mind-boggling at all. She wants approval. She wants attention. She wants to be part of the Happy Christian Homemaking Mommyblogger cool kids' club. And I believe her flip-flops are because she's trying to find the one way of living that will get her all those things, and get them as quickly as possible. Emotionally, she's about 14, and like a 14-year-old she's still trying on various identities, hoping to find the one that will make people really, really like her (and that doesn't itch too badly). Unfortunately, it seems that her husband isn't any better.

I feel bad for her kids, who have to grow up with immature parents who have such weak egos that they can be easily led by others. They're the kind of people who got so caught up in doomer paranoia they stocked up on buckets of grain, yet they don't have basic furniture or a running vehicle? Jeez, Louise. And that kind of fear-driven, short-sighted, impulsive decision-making is part of a long-standing pattern--one that will be very, very hard to break.

However "bright" Brandy may seem sometimes, she's still an idiot--and her brand of idiocy is incredibly resistant to change.

So THIS. Very well said.

Archived