IGNORED

MakaziVille is Live!

Boogalou

Hold on. How does making a "literal translation" back into English help with anything?

I thought for translation you got someone(s) completely/almost completely bilingual (whose first language is the one being translated into) to make the translation. Others check it (including some whose first language is the language being translated out of) and if they're all happy, done.

Surely a literal translation back into English is going to be like putting it into Babelfish? Is is just because white people have to be the ones to sign off on it? 'Cause then I'm probs going to call imperialism.

Any translators/interpretors among us?

Edited for clarification.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's completely stupid.

You would need several people to make a proper translation, but they would all need to be bilingual. The "team" should be made of local speakers of the language. A final proofread would be necessary, but shouldn't be done by "consultants."

And a literal translation back to English? WTF? No, no, no. In order to have a literal translation *back* to English, you'd have to fuck around with the grammar of the other language. That makes absolutely no sense at all. You can't really do that with any language and have it make sense. Do they really mean literal translation? In that case, they're pretty shitty translators.

And why in the FUCK would they be translating from the ENGLISH Bible? they're translating what the English KJV (!) says into another language. WTF? The English one was translated from the languages the Bible was written in, and we're to assume that King James' scholars did a perfect job translating everything? I'm calling imperialism.

Yeah, that's completely stupid.

You would need several people to make a proper translation, but they would all need to be bilingual. The "team" should be made of local speakers of the language. A final proofread would be necessary, but shouldn't be done by "consultants."

And a literal translation back to English? WTF? No, no, no. In order to have a literal translation *back* to English, you'd have to fuck around with the grammar of the other language. That makes absolutely no sense at all. You can't really do that with any language and have it make sense. Do they really mean literal translation? In that case, they're pretty shitty translators.

And why in the FUCK would they be translating from the ENGLISH Bible? they're translating what the English KJV (!) says into another language. WTF? The English one was translated from the languages the Bible was written in, and we're to assume that King James' scholars did a perfect job translating everything? I'm calling imperialism.

Yeah, that's the thing that bugs me most about the insistence that the bible is the inerrant word of God. It is in English, it was not written in English which means it had to be translated, there is no such thing as an exact translation. Not even for two languages that are close on the language family tree.

Here's my God story:

When someone asked me to reveal personal information on the internet *hint* right now *hint* and God said "Don't do it! This game is trying to brainwash kids and its creators should be ashamed of themselves". So then I listened to God and wrote this. Occupy Makaziville!

FJ is the only thing making this game fun.

Here's my God story:

When someone asked me to reveal personal information on the internet *hint* right now *hint* and God said "Don't do it! This game is trying to brainwash kids and its creators should be ashamed of themselves". So then I listened to God and wrote this. Occupy Makaziville!

FJ is the only thing making this game fun.

Please someone make an Avatar called OccupyMakaziville and get on the leaderboard!

Guest Anonymous

I'm banned, I think! I've never been banned from anything before - yay!

I got to the top of the leaderboard by discovering that if you get a referral email (for me this was via a second email account) there is no limit to the number of times you can register via the same link. There is also no limit to the number of times you can register with the same email address. And as long as the username is unique, you can type garbage in all the boxes. So in a few short minutes, I got MomsUnpaidBabysittter at the top of the board until "Mercy" either did the same thing as me, or an administrator bumped her coin count.

I wouldn't normally be so childish or try to wreck a kids' game, but I was tipsy on my post Sunday lunch wine, and I do think the game is just a crappy scheme to get children to sign up and refer other kids to do the same, so their parents can be guilted into donating money to OneVerse.

I'm kind of glad they banned me though - I couldn't listen to that stupid voice any more.... :lol:

MomsUnpaidBabysitter is top of the Leaderboard....

fj1p.jpg

In just 12 minutes flat..... :lol:

OccupyMakaziville here!

Thank you!!

yopmail.com is a dream come true for tasks such as yours, Occupy Makaziville!

I'm banned, I think! I've never been banned from anything before - yay!

I got to the top of the leaderboard by discovering that if you get a referral email (for me this was via a second email account) there is no limit to the number of times you can register via the same link. There is also no limit to the number of times you can register with the same email address. And as long as the username is unique, you can type garbage in all the boxes. So in a few short minutes, I got MomsUnpaidBabysittter at the top of the board until "Mercy" either did the same thing as me, or an administrator bumped her coin count.

I wouldn't normally be so childish or try to wreck a kids' game, but I was tipsy on my post Sunday lunch wine, and I do think the game is just a crappy scheme to get children to sign up and refer other kids to do the same, so their parents can be guilted into donating money to OneVerse.

I'm kind of glad they banned me though - I couldn't listen to that stupid voice any more.... :lol:

They BANNED YOU, those bitches, are you sure??

They haven't banned me. I am still showing up on the leaderboard, and I am just playing my day 3 games now.

That egg game is just TOO much fun!! WOOEEE!!

My players name is FunnyHats. I no longer see a leader board when I log in. I wonder if they did away with it.

They haven't banned me. I am still showing up on the leaderboard, and I am just playing my day 3 games now.

I know that was a MIND bender for SURE! I just started another Makaziville alt called, FatJosh, friend me if you want! My original player Clown Car has sent out like 10 invites all to the same email, can't wait to make up a bunch of new names tomorrow...but I think I am going to get away from Dugger names and use names like Lovely Lina, Crazy Mckmama, Dougie is a Tool, well that last one probably has to many letters...sad sigh!

Tell me about it man, they almost had me stumped when I had to match blue to blue.

Guest Anonymous

I know that was a MIND bender for SURE! I just started another Makaziville alt called, FatJosh, friend me if you want! My original player Clown Car has sent out like 10 invites all to the same email, can't wait to make up a bunch of new names tomorrow...but I think I am going to get away from Dugger names and use names like Lovely Lina, Crazy Mckmama, Dougie is a Tool, well that last one probably has to many letters...sad sigh!

You may find that Lina has already signed up. :D

And SteveMaxwell, Loralynn, NRAnna... Then I got bored and just hit the same letter key 4 times, for each sign up. :D

Guest Anonymous

Aha, I am not banned after all - my page said "no access" for a while and I assumed that is what happens when you get banned. It is less fun playing for pennies though, when you can get 500 a throw setting up bogus accounts. :lol:

Aha, I am not banned after all - my page said "no access" for a while and I assumed that is what happens when you get banned. It is less fun playing for pennies though, when you can get 500 a throw setting up bogus accounts. :lol:

Can you see the leader board? I cant see it or my friends. I wonder whats going on.

Guest Anonymous

No, I can log in but the leaderboard is gone.

I wonder what kind of email my parents will get when they see I joined up most of the fundie royalty just to get gold coins.

Judas got 30 pieces of silver for Jesus, and I got 500 pieces of gold for Steve Maxwell.

Judas got 30 pieces of silver for Jesus, and I got 500 pieces of gold for Steve Maxwell.

:lol: :dance: :bow-yellow:

I wonder what kind of email my parents will get when they see I joined up most of the fundie royalty just to get gold coins.

:D :D win

:shock: Steve is worth 500? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG! You have to play silly story. Be a complete smart ass filling it out and you will be dieing with laughter. Trust me, Butt Face sells condoms and learns to pick up dog shit.

Archived