IGNORED

MakaziVille is Live!

Boogalou

The Duggars' new game, MakaziVille is now live. I pre-registered for it because I was promised a snazzy piece of in game clothing for my efforts and got the following e-mail:

Dear Macy,

We are so pleased to welcome you as one of our first MakaziVille participants! You have received this special notification because you pre-registered for a parent account at MakaziVille with the following email: XXXXXXXXXXX

Through your pre-registered parent account, you may create player accounts for your children. Each child's account must be connected to yours so he will receive the special item available to pre-registered players. Your email-specific account also allows you to stay involved with your children as they create their own villages, celebrating milestones they achieve in this adventure. We will help you participate by sending discussion questions that will guide you in talking with your children as they progress through MakaziVille.

MakaziVille is provided free of charge through a partnership between the Duggar Family and OneVerse. Follow these three easy steps to get started:

Register each player's account using your pre-registered email address.

Create a unique identity — an avatar name and password — for each player. We suggest that you do not use your child's real name.

To retrieve the special in-game item, your child will need to modify their avatar by selecting "Starburst Shades" when he changes the clothes the avatar is wearing.

While MakaziVille is designed for players aged 5 and older, anyone can play and have a great experience creating their own unique village, solving problems and learning more about the Bible and what is involved in translating God's word into languages for the very first time.

Click here to register.

Have fun on your adventure,

The OneVerse Team

They ask for a first and last name for an account, which is crazy, so I did the biblical thing and lied about both. Now I am off to play to see if it is as horrible (in so many ways) as I think it will be. I'll let you know.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I be your quiverful "child" account so that I too can get the snazzy in-game clothing? Also because I need you to monitor my actions in an online missionary game to ensure that I am accountable to someone.

For those of you who don't feel like playing the game, I'll do a bit of a run down.

My character is on a plane when I get a video call from "Pastor Mike" on an an old cell phone. He tells me I am headed to Tanzania where he hears people need the word of God. I learn a bit of the very basic geography of Tanzania and learn I am headed to the middle of it to meat the "Makazis" (it seems that Makazi is a Swahili word for habitat, but I am not entirely sure). Then I leave the airport where I am faced with three people in three cars where the driver is on the "wrong side" as JB would say. Of course, everyone speaks with an accent.

And holierthanyou you can absolutely be my child. I will try to be an encouragement to you in your game play. How will this work? Do I need to PM you my email or something?

Oops, I forgot to wait for an answer before I ran off to play! :)

Can we play with or against each other somehow? Here's my username:

Oooh.... now Pastor Mike is teaching me about African culture. Which is interesting, since we're only in Tanzania. Apparently all the cultures of Africa will be explained though. Phew!

Lol. I am just Boogalou, I should have been more creative.

The goal of the game appears to be to translate the Bible into Kazi or Makazi, it's hard to hear, so the people of Tanzania can read about God's love in their own language, otherwise they have to read in Swahili, Arabic, or English. Many Tanzanians have never heard of Jesus because only one in three are Christian, no word on what everyone else is. They told me some basic facts about the geography of Tanzania and I will have to keep in mind that the game is aimed to ages five and up...

However, the first challenge is killing mosquito so people don't get malaria :roll: the game is hard though, I only got four points :(

I also have to build the entire village. My guess is that the converts will move into my village.

Ooh, I'm curious about this. I came very close to spending this semester studying in Tanzania (I ended up choosing a different place because I've already spent a few months in southern Africa and wanted to see a different part of the world), so I did a lot of reading about that country. I wonder how insensitive this is going to me.

I'm still in shock that your character would defy authority and step outside an umbrella of protection by not turning off their cell phone on a plane.

Lol.

However, the first challenge is killing mosquito so people don't get malaria :roll: the game is hard though, I only got four points :(

Suckah!! I got 9 mosquitos! lol

Shocking and defrauding! Your female avatar is wearing pants!

That was the default they gave me, I swear. Thanks to your Godly mentoring, I am now wearing a full length denim skirt and a polo shirt with a collar.

Thank you also for the kindly admonition about turning off my cell phone. That must have been an, er, accident.

Aww, I've done everything for the day. So sad. I got the devotional answer wrong though, I think it is because I am a godless heathen. I di get to watch a video for One Verse though, it was enthralling.

On the other hand, I tried making my character more fundie but it won't let me change her clothes or appearance. I think that I am being persecuted.

I wonder if they'll let Hannie & the other kids play this game. My guess is no.

Seriously, it's like Farmville but more boring. Which must mean it's biblical. I named my character after one of the World of Warcraft characters. hehe.

I wonder if they'll let Hannie & the other kids play this game. My guess is no.

According to the leader board Josiah and Joy are playing and under their real name. Apparently, they did not listen to the instructions to not use their real name. ANd holierhtanthou I added you as a friend so I could see your stats. Your dress is an encouragement to my defrauding pants wearing character.

According to the leader board Josiah and Joy are playing and under their real name. Apparently, they did not listen to the instructions to not use their real name. ANd holierhtanthou I added you as a friend so I could see your stats. Your dress is an encouragement to my defrauding pants wearing character.

Awesome, I just added you too. Question: Why is JoyAnna's avatar wearing pants!?!

Dear FJers,

Please, please, please let our FJ ring of players dominate the leaderboards. If anyone else is silly enough to play, feel free to list your avatar name here and we can be best friendies.

All right, I'm playing (I'm Lucy Stone). I don't know if I can do this. The animations are really boring. Also, not sure about some of these accents from the African characters.

Awesome, I just added you too. Question: Why is JoyAnna's avatar wearing pants!?!

Because she's not allowed to in real life so this is the only relief she gets from skirts.

I don't think that she and Josiah are actually playing. Both of their characters are default ones and they have the base number of points and coins. I can't scroll to see more hairstyles though and it is making me sad.

Fun fact: none of the current people on the leader board look to fundie. I am going to change that....

The Duggars' new game, MakaziVille is now live. I pre-registered for it because I was promised a snazzy piece of in game clothing for my efforts and got the following e-mail:

They ask for a first and last name for an account, which is crazy, so I did the biblical thing and lied about both. Now I am off to play to see if it is as horrible (in so many ways) as I think it will be. I'll let you know.

Please remove your e-mail for safety reasons. I already X-out it on my reply. :snooty: :oops: ;)

If for some crazy reason I can get 11 FJers to pm me their (junk/spam) email account and will accept my link to start playing (just for the one minute it takes to set up a character), then right now I can officially get the character FreeJinger in the #1 spot on the left hand side of the leader board (because you get 500 points for each 'friend' whose email address you send them a link and they start playing).

I know I am sad. It is ok to make fun of me.

Archived