IGNORED

Duggar recipes

xReems

I think if someone started trying all the Duggar recipes, the blog might revolve around all the health problems they would start experiencing.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if someone started trying all the Duggar recipes, the blog might revolve around all the health problems they would start experiencing.

That blog already exists. It's called Josh's Instagram page.

Im assuming the majority of those pictures werent taken by the Duggars,because some of the stuff actually looks kind of decent.

actually, i would bet half of those are pulled off of the internet. Their picture for "Poor Man's Pizza" looks good enough to eat - real looking crust, mushrooms, zucchini all on top. Here is the recipe description when you click it:

Variation #1

20 flour tortillas

1 jar spaghetti sauce

4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (or mexican blend)

Spread spaghetti sauce on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Warm on plate in microwave for 1 min.

Variation #2:

20 slices bread

1 jar spaghetti sauce

4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (or mexican blend)

Spread spaghetti sauce on each slice of bread. Sprinkle with cheese bake at 425° for 5-10 min depending on preference.

no WAY they used that recipe (either variation) to make that picture. No way.

actually, i would bet half of those are pulled off of the internet. Their picture for "Poor Man's Pizza" looks good enough to eat - real looking crust, mushrooms, zucchini all on top. Here is the recipe description when you click it:

Ha. Oh wow. I suppose that's what I get for not clicking. I grew up poor and I still knew the difference between a burrito and a pizza :roll:

most of those recipes don't even qualify as recipes; most are open a can (or 10) add some shredded cheese and wallah! Come on, they couldn't even add pepperoni to the poor man's pizza, and even "fancy corn bread" requires a mix.

Now, I love me a casserole with creamed soup and cheese now and again, but when your entire lexicon on cooking reads like a Campbell's soup promo, well....

ETA I'm surprised Cheese Wiz doesn't turn up somewhere (or have I just not discovered it yet?)

That blog already exists. It's called Josh's Instagram page.

:laughing-rolling: But doesn't he eat out a lot? Although, I've seen the show when Anna cooks and it's not... really... food... so eating at home and eating out = same thing.

To save money and to help with my health, we have decided to eat at home more. I am so happy I have developed a 'taste' of real food. Yes, some things were hard to enjoy at first however I realize that most fast food has no flavor. Now I love adding new seasonings, etc.

How can Josh and Anna eat out so much? It is expensive

Remember that documentary Super Size Me? I keep thinking of one a la Duggar...

Yesssss!!! Imagine the "3-day hump" (or whatever he called it) from eating too much tater tot casserole. Or BBQ Tuna? :obscene-tolietpush:

Yesssss!!! Imagine the "3-day hump" (or whatever he called it) from eating too much tater tot casserole. Or BBQ Tuna? :obscene-tolietpush:

Is the three day hump something Michelle and JimBob are doing to get #20?

That's funny but gross at the same time LOL

Speaking of humping and food - I wonder how long they can go at it (at one time) if they're eating all this non-nutritious food.

That's funny, but I'm going to need brain bleach at the same time.

I could never do that with their recipes since I have a family history of high cholesterol and I'd like to avoid statins for as long as possible. Both of my parents need those drugs, and they took care of themselves with diet and exercise, but in the end, those weren't working.

This one may be edible if one tweaked the seasoning. I don't understand why they do not cook real beans in the crockpot, it would save a lot of money.

I agree. The picture of the bean and cheese burritos looks like it was pulled from a Mexican restaurant's menu.

I am totally tempted to start a short blog with healthy "versions" of those foods, and other recipes that make large amounts. Just to show them that it CAN be done.

OMG barf for the recipe for Alfredo Spaghetti. At first I thought it was weird that the picture was just spaghetti noodles. Then I made the mistake of clicking the link.

Alfredo Spaghetti

1 qt. heavy whipping cream

1 stick butter

1 (8oz) container parmesan cheese

1 lb. cooked spaghetti noodles (drained)

AHH! That's not alfredo! Where's the garlic? The herbs? Some kind of protein, or hell, a piece of broccoli? That certainly sounds like a tasty BASE for an alfredo sauce, but not the whole damn thing, much less being the entire main meal. Even ramen noodles are healthier than this.

OMG barf for the recipe for Alfredo Spaghetti. At first I thought it was weird that the picture was just spaghetti noodles. Then I made the mistake of clicking the link.

AHH! That's not alfredo! Where's the garlic? The herbs? Some kind of protein, or hell, a piece of broccoli? That certainly sounds like a tasty BASE for an alfredo sauce, but not the whole damn thing, much less being the entire main meal. Even ramen noodles are healthier than this.

I bet they use powdered cheese.

For a "Duggar size" batch of fried rice, they use 5 cups of rice. Apparently, each Duggar only eats about a fifth of a cup of rice.

No wonder they don't plant a garden. No energy. Sheesh.

The only one of these that really looked like a recipe (rather than "add processed cheese to something") is the sassafras root beer recipe. Maybe he was allowed to google?

Yeah, Morgan Spurlock is the only one who I think would attempt something like this. If the man survived 30 days on McDo's, he is Iron Man.

Just reading these recipes made me want to hurl. Reminded me of the Make Sandra Lee Recipes party. (http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/pop- ... nner-party) If you haven't read it, it's worth reading.

My husband grew up dirt poor and when I told him I wanted to cook "duggar food" for a month and :x blog about it he said no way would he eat that crap.

Guest Anonymous

I clicked through to the website, thinking 'it can't be that bad', but really? I'm not sure how anyone could eat this sort of thing:

Haystacks

butterscotch chips, melted

1-2 c. chow mein noodles

1-2 c. peanuts

Mix all ingredients together and drop on waxed paper. Enjoy!

duggarfamily.com/content/duggar_recipes/30796/haystacks

ETA: A quick Google search has shown up a haystack recipe on the Southern Food section of about.com, so maybe I'm just being culturally insensitive here. Sorry.

Hey...haystacks are good...all of these "recipes" are okay if you eat one every 3 to 6 months. On constant rotation they're death in a pan.

It's all just so gross taken as a diet.

In the quick pickles, the picking spice is considered optional. So it's vinegar, salt, water and cucumbers? I love pickles but for heaven's sake add some garlic and/or dill or something!

Archived