IGNORED

Duggars and R. Santorum/Duggars Throw Support (MERGED)

ladypuglover

After doing some research, I think she's actually about 8 in the pic. The camera angle makes her look huge, though, like she really is the size of a 13 year old.

8 is still a bit old to be carrying a doll around, though.

I carried around a doll when I was 8.

My 7 y.o. grand daughter is 5 feet tall, 110 lbs. She wouldn't be caught carrying a doll around however. She got her pink Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas, she was thrilled and can't wait til she's old enough to hunt. This girl could just be big for her age.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I carried around a doll when I was 8.

My 7 y.o. grand daughter is 5 feet tall, 110 lbs. She wouldn't be caught carrying a doll around however. She got her pink Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas, she was thrilled and can't wait til she's old enough to hunt. This girl could just be big for her age.

She's about shoulder height compared to her mom, so I think it's more the camera angle.

Whats the context of this picture? The kids all look pretty upset!

They just googled their last name :lol:

OH GOD JIM BOOB BEING INTERVIEWED ON CNN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm losing it here.

OH GOD JIM BOOB BEING INTERVIEWED ON CNN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm losing it here.

Poor Joy got stuck between her dad and the interviewer and couldn't escape.

They just googled their last name :lol:

Unfortunately, it was less amusing than that. It's when Santorum lost the Senate race to Bob Casey in 2006, during Santorum's concession speech. Remains one of the best nights of my life.

No. The only one I can see have a shot for the presidency is Romney and even that is iffy.

I think Huntsmen is the only one who might stand a chance but the media ignores him. He is not polarizing enough.

It looks like an American Girl doll, and they're aimed at slightly older girls. Kind of weird to take it to an event, though.

I didn't realize Santorum had a daughter with Trisomy 18. That's interesting.

Well, it was an election night and I'm sure the kids were in the venue with not a whole lot to do while they waited for the returns. She was probably playing with it when they called her up on the stage for the concession speech. I feel sorry for her because that picture is probably haunting her to this day.

Well, it was an election night and I'm sure the kids were in the venue with not a whole lot to do while they waited for the returns. She was probably playing with it when they called her up on the stage for the concession speech. I feel sorry for her because that picture is probably haunting her to this day.

I feel sorry for her too, but I blame her parents. When your child is crying and devastated, you don't drag her up on a podium to show voters how much they made your daughter cry. You let her preserve some dignity and stay with a campaign staffer backstage. Yet another reason I hate the Santorum adults. Among many, many others. ETA: There was some fairly significant backlash against Rick in PA for this particular reason.

I think Huntsmen is the only one who might stand a chance but the media ignores him. He is not polarizing enough.

I think the media ignored him because Republican voters were never going to consider him. Hunstman worked in the Obama administration. Kiss of death to those in a politcal party gone mad.

I think the media ignored him because Republican voters were never going to consider him. Hunstman worked in the Obama administration. Kiss of death to those in a politcal party gone mad.

Yeah but, people who are unhappy with obama would consider him. He could even sway some of the more conservative democrats to vote for him.

Yeah but, people who are unhappy with obama would consider him. He could even sway some of the more conservative democrats to vote for him.

Gotta get through the Republican primaries first, and that's his problem.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm sure Mr. Obama is enjoying this evening. Republican chaos seems likely to be with us for a while longer.

The republican leadership is eating xanex like m&m s. How do they unify this mess before SC?

Of course Santorum has a boner from all of this. Hopefully Michelle and les Newt will drop out.

I KNOOOOOW and the moment he came on tv, my baby decided to poop all over me so I missed pretty much everything he said.

Darn, I missed it. What happened? Did he say anything good? Something Santorum did seemed to have worked, he is basically tied for first :shock: :shock:

The republican leadership is eating xanex like m&m s. How do they unify this mess before SC?

Of course Santorum has a boner from all of this. Hopefully Michelle and les Newt will drop out.

They don't, I don't think. NH isn't going to resolve anything, and it seems like the Bachmann and the Newt and the Perry and everyone else (Buddy Rohmer, anybody?) will try to hang on until SC, where the conservative base might allow them to snag a handful of delegates generate "momentum" again.

I'm kind of amazed that the top three tonight are a Catholic, a Mormon, and a libertarian. Republicans! You boggle my mind!

They don't, I don't think. NH isn't going to resolve anything, and it seems like the Bachmann and the Newt and the Perry and everyone else (Buddy Rohmer, anybody?) will try to hang on until SC, where the conservative base might allow them to snag a handful of delegates generate "momentum" again.

I'm kind of amazed that the top three tonight are a Catholic, a Mormon, and a libertarian. Republicans! You boggle my mind!

I'm going to register republican in order to vote for Roemer in the Boregon republican primary. I'm in a blue county and our cty. republicans are as unified as a herd of cats. I'll flip my registration again for the big election.

I think Santorum merely benefited from not imploding previous to the caucuses. I mean, look. IT started with Romney. The Republicans were all "meh". It went to Bachmann. The Republicans were all, "That lady is crazy and her husband can't dance and also she's crazy." Then it was Perry. But then it turned out that Perry can't functionally speak. And he gave HPV vaccines to the children. "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!" Then it was all Cain, all the time. But -- "Oops. That guy totally sexually harassed some ladies and had an affair and lied a lot and also did anyone notice that he is not white?" Then it was Gingrich. But then the Republicans were all, "Hey. I remember that guy. I'm pretty sure I ended up hating that guy. Screw that guy." Also -- served wife with divorce papers while she was in hospital recovering from cancer surgery. So then it was all, "Romney? Really. Sigh. Okay, let's just do this... HEY WAIT. Who's that guy with the hairsprayed helmet hair!? It's Rick Santorum! We totally forgot about him because his numbers were so low that he never got any press and no one let him speak at debates. Welp, I don't know much about him, but I know this -- he's not Romney! And I am a crazy Iowan who really hates the gayz and the abortions, so ..." I mean, I don't think Rick Santorum did anything right, you know? He flourished under benign neglect.

Oh, and Jim Boob muttered some stuff about lowering taxes and less government and then the CNN guy was like, "Eh. Let's talk to this other guy".

From how the map is looking, it seems that the cities voted for Romney(my county did) and pretty much everywhere else Santorum is winning. They are pretty much tied, which, according to CNN earlier tonight, is a good thing for Romney.

My husband is a registered Republican who voted Bush both times and McCain the last time and he didn't bother to go to the caucus because 'they are all freaky idiots'(his words). I highly doubt he'll be voting at all in November.

I mean, I don't think Rick Santorum did anything right, you know? He flourished under benign neglect..

Great point. On some level, so has Ron Paul, despite the bashing he's taken in the mainstream media.

I just saw an active military member speak for Paul in uniform, which is unnerving. (Nothing but respect for those who serve, just... wearing your uniform when campaigning for a Presidential candidate seems a little bit tricky. Sort of like the way my mom and step-dad never have any lawn signs, 'cause my step-dad works for a newspaper. It doesn't matter that he's not a reporter, just working at the paper is enough of a need to stay neutral.)

My husband is a registered Republican who voted Bush both times and McCain the last time and he didn't bother to go to the caucus because 'they are all freaky idiots'(his words). I highly doubt he'll be voting at all in November.

My parents are both registered Republicans who said they are either not going to vote or just end up voting Obama since he is a better Republican than any of these morons.

Archived