IGNORED

Duggars and R. Santorum/Duggars Throw Support (MERGED)

ladypuglover

I am incredibly surprised that the Duggars would support a Catholic. I half suspect that they are just so dumb they got Rick Santorum mixed up with Rick Perry. And it's especially weird because Rick Santorum's wife even had an abortion for health reasons (I'm 95% sure it's him I'm thinking of).

Fundies don't like Ron Paul because he doesn't seem to push the religion angle as much as the other candidates. He also wants laxer laws for things like gambling and alcohol, which certainly won't fly with a woman who leaves a newborn at home with teenagers to publicly protest about some place nearby getting a liquor liscense.

Yes Santorums wife was allowed to make a choice. A choice that Santorum would deny other women.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, every time I see "Santorum" I just snicker uncontrollably. Because I'm mentally 15, apparently.

Thank you Dan Savage!

Can we go to Santorum rallies and chant "DTMFA! DTMFA!!!"???

Fundies don't like Ron Paul because he doesn't seem to push the religion angle as much as the other candidates. He also wants laxer laws for things like gambling and alcohol, which certainly won't fly with a woman who leaves a newborn at home with teenagers to publicly protest about some place nearby getting a liquor liscense.

Ron Paul also supports decriminalization of some drugs, if not outright legalization of them. He mentioned that when he spoke to some students at Bob Jones University in 2008 and man, were the kids shocked! :shock:

edited to fix quote tags

Ron Paul also supports decriminalization of some drugs, if not outright legalization of them. He mentioned that when he spoke to some students at Bob Jones University in 2008 and man, were the kids shocked! :shock:

No, he wants to leave it up to the states. It's the same way he feels about civil rights. He's a big racist asshole and he wants the states to be able to treat people however the fuck they want constitution be damned.

Headline from Business Week: Santorum Surges With Low-Dollar Model Poised for Iowa Surprise

Many of the people quoted in the article say they are voting for him because they agree with his antiabortion rhetoric. No mention of the Duggar endorsement though.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-0 ... prise.html

No, he wants to leave it up to the states. It's the same way he feels about civil rights. He's a big racist asshole and he wants the states to be able to treat people however the fuck they want constitution be damned.

Thanks for the correction, snarkbillie.

There's no way in hell that I'd ever vote for Ron Paul even though there were some opponents of the Iraq War that did think about supporting him in '08.

I am incredibly surprised that the Duggars would support a Catholic. I half suspect that they are just so dumb they got Rick Santorum mixed up with Rick Perry. And it's especially weird because Rick Santorum's wife even had an abortion for health reasons (I'm 95% sure it's him I'm thinking of).

Paul also doesn't think we should be handing over billions of dollars to keep Israel afloat nor does he support using our military (on brown people) without reason. His basic foreign policy ideas are some I can get behind ... everything else, not so much.

As for Santorum, I really wish there was even the smallest bit of coverage that his wife had to have an abortion to save her life. I guess the circus that followed was too distracting.

Maybe the know the show is already dead and just don't care anymore. One could only hope this is the case. TV will be a lot better without their presence.

Yes I snicker too whenever I see Santorum. I try to remember to click on that website a few times a week. Earlier this week I noticed the website for his campaign was ranked #4 on google.

I'm not worried too much about gay rights, I think in the next 25 years all states except for perhaps a few holdouts like Utah will offer some kind of civil union at the very least. It's not as big of a deal with the kids these days, and I've known a few baby boomer folks who have changed their minds (my parents have come around on the issue, for example).

To be honest, in the long run I'm not worried about the fundies either. Yes they are having ginormous families, but I can't imagine all fundie kids sticking with such a rigid lifestyle their entire lives...especially those who don't conform to the norm so much like Joy Duggar. But that is only my opinion.

it's also against the law. been illegal since 1954. though little is done about it. So it is ok to break the law to endorse a candidate who is morally good? what is wrong with this picture?

Well, Rick Santorum doesn't care about the law. Back when he was a Congressman, his kids were being educated via Pennsylvania's cyber school, with the bulk of the cost being picked up by his local school district. But lo and behold, the family wasn't actually living in the local school district: they had rented their house out and lived down in a Virginia suburb of DC, and Virginia did not pay for cyber school like Pennsylvania did. His argument was that his family was entitled to Pa's tax dollars because he paid property tax in the district and voted from there (via absentee ballot). But the children did not live in the district. Big local scandal when it broke, and I think it contributed to his local erosion of support and led to him losing his seat.

He's pretty loathsome.

I have nothing but sympathy for them when it comes to the baby they lost, but yes, they took steps to terminate the pregnancy (I will point out that an actual partial-birth abortion would have been a hell of a lot easier on Karen Santorum's body then the route they took). Why their supporters do not categorize this as an abortion, I'll never know.

The AWESOME thing going on in Iowa is, they asked Michele Bachmann to step back in favor of Santorum and she said HELL NO and went around asking for pastors to support her - she's split the IFB voters, and I wouldn't be surprised if a chunk of regular Christian Conservatives stuck with her, too.

These folks cooperate like cats in a feedsack.

If Michelle was a man, the Duggars would be for him over Rick.

As if Arkansas will ever legalize gay marriage.

Probably not but people like the Duggars think there should be a federal ban on gay marriage. Rick supports a federal ban. So does Michelle Bachmann but Patriachy is what is keeping them from supporting her.

I mostly just think this is a waste of time. Romney is going to be the nominee. I understand that the evangelical base is in denial about it, but it's time to move on. This Rick Santorum "surge" is simply a last gasp of the ultra-conservatives and the longer the GOP base insists on dragging this nomination process out, the worse off they will be in November. Which is fine for me. But stupid on their part.

Mitt being the nominee is not set in stone. It's all going to be about turnout. Mitt is going to have to depend on moderates getting out and voting which I think is going to be easier said than done.

I just want this damn Caucus to be over and so all those idiots can get the hell out of my state. I'm beyond sick of hearing about all of them.

Also, McCain barely made a blip during the last caucus. They are taking the Iowa caucus way too serious.

I think Jana just gets more beautiful every year and she looks very content in this photo.Jeremiah is growing up to be the best looking of the boys also.

I forgot that the Duggar's buddy Mike Huckabee also supports Santorum. That is another reason why the Duggar's would support Rick. They campaigned for Mike in 2008.

Archived