IGNORED

Duggars and R. Santorum/Duggars Throw Support (MERGED)

ladypuglover

GOP pundits will once again fantasize that Chris Christie will ride in on his fortified white horse to save the day. (Although I find the thought of Chris Christie achieving mass appeal hilarious too).

He's my governor, and I find the thought (image) of him riding on a white horse hilarious in and of itself. PETA would have a field day!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's my governor, and I find the thought (image) of him riding on a white horse hilarious in and of itself. PETA would have a field day!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep him away from my white horse for sure!

I think if Christie ran, he probably would stand a good chance against Obama. I seem to hear mixed reviews among NJ folk, but people outside of NJ just love him.

Ugh Chris Christie. He is my governor, too, and I loathe him. I switched my registration back to New Jersey to vote against him. It was the only election I've voted in where the main candidate/issue I cared about lost (although I've only been able to vote for 3.5 years).

Jon Corzine was a douchebag, but he's the kind of douchebag who accepts it and takes pride in it, which I can deal with.

I mean, I supposed Christie is far better than some of the people who are currently running (Santorum, Perry, Paul, Gingrich), but I still would not want him as president.

I'm confused about the abortion Santorum's wife was supposed to have had. The only news reports I can find mention that the baby had a fatal defect and that her temperature spiked and she went into labor and gave birth, then the baby died.

What info am I missing?

Good article about it here: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... t-you-see/

Check the comments for some details on what really happened. The baby had a blocked uretur, which they fixed in utero, but then it got infected, mom got sick, water broke, went into labor, Pitocin was used to speed labor to keep the infection from killing the mom, the baby was born, lived two hours, and then they took it home to worship it. (ya, fetus, baby, whatever--it was never viable after the infection and it wouldn't have survived outside the womb at 20 weeks.)

Doing well in the Iowa caucuses does not a serious candidate make.

Yeah, if this was a month ago, Gingrich would have been #2 (or maybe #1). Or if this vote happened three months ago, it would have been Cain (I don't remember who was in the lead then.) Santorum is just having his turn and now that's he's in the "spotlight" all of his crazy will come back to haunt him.

I dunno who the heck is the person that ran against the duggar supported one, but nevertheless, I am happy he won.

He's the Mormon.

Winning or doing well in the Iowa caucus is not a guarantee of anything, but I don't think you can say it doesn't matter at all. It sets the tone for the rest of the primaries, and about half of the time the winner does become the nominee.

He's the Mormon.

One of them, anyway.

I wouldn't vote for Huntsman if he was the nominee, but I actually kind of wish he was doing better. He's at least relatively sane.

I think Santorum merely benefited from not imploding previous to the caucuses. I mean, look. IT started with Romney. The Republicans were all "meh". It went to Bachmann. The Republicans were all, "That lady is crazy and her husband can't dance and also she's crazy." Then it was Perry. But then it turned out that Perry can't functionally speak. And he gave HPV vaccines to the children. "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!" Then it was all Cain, all the time. But -- "Oops. That guy totally sexually harassed some ladies and had an affair and lied a lot and also did anyone notice that he is not white?" Then it was Gingrich. But then the Republicans were all, "Hey. I remember that guy. I'm pretty sure I ended up hating that guy. Screw that guy." Also -- served wife with divorce papers while she was in hospital recovering from cancer surgery. So then it was all, "Romney? Really. Sigh. Okay, let's just do this... HEY WAIT. Who's that guy with the hairsprayed helmet hair!? It's Rick Santorum! We totally forgot about him because his numbers were so low that he never got any press and no one let him speak at debates. Welp, I don't know much about him, but I know this -- he's not Romney! And I am a crazy Iowan who really hates the gayz and the abortions, so ..." I mean, I don't think Rick Santorum did anything right, you know? He flourished under benign neglect.

Oh, and Jim Boob muttered some stuff about lowering taxes and less government and then the CNN guy was like, "Eh. Let's talk to this other guy".

Good analysis!

I wouldn't vote for Huntsman if he was the nominee, but I actually kind of wish he was doing better. He's at least relatively sane.

Huntsman is the only one that believes in evolution. I'm sure Romney does too, but he seems to have had to dumb himself down to get more of the Republican vote.

Great point. On some level, so has Ron Paul, despite the bashing he's taken in the mainstream media.

I just saw an active military member speak for Paul in uniform, which is unnerving. (Nothing but respect for those who serve, just... wearing your uniform when campaigning for a Presidential candidate seems a little bit tricky. Sort of like the way my mom and step-dad never have any lawn signs, 'cause my step-dad works for a newspaper. It doesn't matter that he's not a reporter, just working at the paper is enough of a need to stay neutral.)

My understanding is that endorsing a candidate while wearing your uniform is a definite no no. Violates military regulations.

My understanding is that endorsing a candidate while wearing your uniform is a definite no no. Violates military regulations.

I saw on the CNN ticker earlier today that it is a violation. I'm sure he'll get in trouble for it.

Yes, speaking for your candidate while wearing your uniform at the event/identifying yourself as military and appearing to speak for anyone/thing besides you is BAD. Sort of like our Public Affairs guy who went to an anti-war protest at his church and identified himself by name and rank on TV....

I think Santorum merely benefited from not imploding previous to the caucuses. I mean, look. IT started with Romney. The Republicans were all "meh". It went to Bachmann. The Republicans were all, "That lady is crazy and her husband can't dance and also she's crazy." Then it was Perry. But then it turned out that Perry can't functionally speak. And he gave HPV vaccines to the children. "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!" Then it was all Cain, all the time. But -- "Oops. That guy totally sexually harassed some ladies and had an affair and lied a lot and also did anyone notice that he is not white?" Then it was Gingrich. But then the Republicans were all, "Hey. I remember that guy. I'm pretty sure I ended up hating that guy. Screw that guy." Also -- served wife with divorce papers while she was in hospital recovering from cancer surgery. So then it was all, "Romney? Really. Sigh. Okay, let's just do this... HEY WAIT. Who's that guy with the hairsprayed helmet hair!? It's Rick Santorum! We totally forgot about him because his numbers were so low that he never got any press and no one let him speak at debates. Welp, I don't know much about him, but I know this -- he's not Romney! And I am a crazy Iowan who really hates the gayz and the abortions, so ..." I mean, I don't think Rick Santorum did anything right, you know? He flourished under benign neglect.

This is spot-on and hilarious, mind if I share it around with attribution?

Yes, speaking for your candidate while wearing your uniform at the event/identifying yourself as military and appearing to speak for anyone/thing besides you is BAD. Sort of like our Public Affairs guy who went to an anti-war protest at his church and identified himself by name and rank on TV....

This is spot-on and hilarious, mind if I share it around with attribution?

I'm flattered you would want to share it! Go for it!

'you know how hard it is to clean Santorum up?' :lol:

Not if you make the detergent yourself!

6rsmmh.jpg

Quote:

demgirl, you are now my official hero. May I post this to FB if I give you credit? Not that anyone on FB will know you, but I don't want you to think I'd take credit.

I know you probably can't, but if you were to say, blog about the elections I bet it'd be pretty awesome.

Winning or doing well in the Iowa caucus is not a guarantee of anything, but I don't think you can say it doesn't matter at all. It sets the tone for the rest of the primaries, and about half of the time the winner does become the nominee.

One of them, anyway.

Truth. I don't agree with Huntsman, I wouldn't vote for him, and I don't want him to be President, but I'd tolerate it. Any of the rest of them being President scares me.

Archived