IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

the home church is just a way for Steve to ensure no one in the family makes any friends, ever. This way, Steve never has to worry about going to church and being defrauded by an ankle, and their children will never ever talk to people their own age.

These freaks talk so much about "the fruitful season" - when you apparently see the results of all the efforts made with your kids. Well, the fruitful season outcome with the nursing home church is a miserable, lonely 30 year old daughter who currently has no marriage prospects.

Reaping what you sow, indeed.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am waiting for the post where they bake bread for all their neighbors, ring their doorbells, and assault their ears with Christmas carols. I look forward to it every year. Yes, I have no life.

And don't forget the scripture verse they attach to the bread. Because their fondest wish is that their neighbors become saved. Never mind that they're probably mostly all Christians too, they're probably not Maxwell-approved Christians.

Guest Anonymous

http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/20 ... ur-months/

Christopher took a photo of Grandma in February this year. Her Alzheimers is advanced now - a scary time for the sufferer. I can understand how Steve might not have the skills to care for her in their home, but a genuinely self-sacrificing son should be able to get his arse over to Omaha more than twice a year.

Shame on you and your 'religion', Steve.

I know what you mean. Every year I look forward to the one where they spend New Year's Eve sobbing on their knees because everyone they know is going to hell.

I love this, too. I am going to suggest to my headship that instead of eating at a nice restaurant and perhaps seeing a movie on NYE, we should eat pureed burritos (or a half-filled stromboli) and spend the rest of the night crying about everyone else's sins.

I looked that up, too! :evil:

And yet the reason they chose to have church in a nursing home was because the best 'true' definition of church is helping widows and orphans in distress..... :roll:

Or as their website above says, in the quote by anniec, visiting them. I've never heard it translated as visiting, but now I will have to go and look.

ETA: d'oh, of course. The KJV did not feature heavily in my upbringing, which does say visit. Still, visit seems quite passive a way to describe how you should care for orphans, widows and the elderly.

I know what you mean. Every year I look forward to the one where they spend New Year's Eve sobbing on their knees because everyone they know is going to hell.

I guess *I* am going to hell, because this totally makes me giggle. :lol:

Seriously. It's the best. It's just so...Maxwell of them.

If the Elderly the Maxwells are preaching at are anything like the older folks I've worked with they definitely get an earful. ... As my grandfather would say "I'm 89 years old and I just do not give a fuck."

Mine too. But, then, he was a lifelong Catholic and would never have been able to sit through one of Steve's ridiculous self-taught sermons without walking out. Sarah would've written a mournful blog post about their elderly friend who belonged to a false religion and went to hell, like they do every time someone who turns down their worship services dies. Steve has them all convinced that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through him.

I feel like this would make it difficult to breathe.

I'm eating very, very hot soup for my late lunch and it just came out of my nose. Thanks for that. :scared-shocked: <----that's the best rendition I could do. We need a "liquid out the nose" smiley.

I'm eating very, very hot soup for my late lunch and it just came out of my nose. Thanks for that. :scared-shocked: <----that's the best rendition I could do. We need a "liquid out the nose" smiley.

You're welcome! :mrgreen:

I've never understood the whole "laying it on the heart" thing re: messages from above, to be honest. I always picture a bully sitting on his victim on the playground during recess and stealing his lunch.

I hope Stevie realised he is breaking one of the 10 commandments. "Honor thy Father & Mother"...... He should be up there every week.

Also, if they'd read a newspaper, listened to the radio, or heaven forbid, watch the "evil" TV, the snow wouldn't have suprised them. They would have been prepared.

http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/02/28/four-months/

Christopher took a photo of Grandma in February this year. Her Alzheimers is advanced now - a scary time for the sufferer. I can understand how Steve might not have the skills to care for her in their home, but a genuinely self-sacrificing son should be able to get his arse over to Omaha more than twice a year.

Shame on you and your 'religion', Steve.

My grandmother died recently after suffering dementia for several years. In the last month of her life, she was terrified all the time. My mom and her sisters visited frequently and did everything they could to comfort her. It was a sad time for everybody, but my mom and aunts did it because my grandmother deserved to be around her loved ones.

In other words, Steve can fuck himself gently with a chainsaw.

My other grandmother was as sharp as a tack until she died, and she wasn't shy about complaining. I can imagine her telling the Maxwells, "I don't want to listen to your shit anymore!"

Poor Grandma Maxwell. Abandoned in a home by her godly son and his godly family. I guess to Steve, family is only those who you can manipulate and control and keep under your roof. Then again, she may be better off with a visit once or twice a year from her death obsessed offspring. Even if her Alzheimer's is advanced, the less he is there the less likely his death talk will penetrate if she has a time of clarity, which is not entirely uncommon. She doesn't need to obsess over her death or be told by her son that she is going to hell for not being just like him.

I feel kinda bad for the other residents though. Simply by being in the same facility as Steve's mom, they are subjected to his crazy a couple of times a year.

What the hell kind of testimonies can his kids have to share in the first place? They were born under his rule and had no chance to 'come to Jesus' of their own accord. Steve's beliefs were forced upon them to the nth degree. The point of testimonies, I always thought, was to show how Jesus saved you from your sin and fixed your life and made things happen...showing that it was a great big, awesome change. Um, I don't think Mary had a sinful life until she came to Jesus. Except, of course, for fighting with her brother's over her preference for dogs while they preferred cats. But, she made that up to them earlier this year, so...I don't get it.

If they showed up at my door they'd get it slammed in their faces. I am not generally a rude person and I wouldn't slam it on anyone else I don't think. But, if I lived in their neighborhood and had years of experience with their attempts to save me, sweetened with a loaf of bread and their horrible singing, I would certainly let them know that their kind is not welcome on my doorstep.

And, aren't they special to take this time of joy and happiness and love and family and turn it into a reason to tell you that you are going to hell unless you accept their Jesus and spend the rest of your life focusing on death. Oh, the beauty of Christmas in Maxwell-land!

Why haven't the Maxwells been to see their grandma since April? What the hell is the matter with them? Do they not want to tell and show her that they love her every chance they get? Is this how Jesus would've treated Mary if she'd gotten Alzheimer's?

Before He died, Jesus made sure Mary was taken care of:

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, “Woman, behold thy son!†Then saith he to the disciple, “Behold thy mother!†And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home. (John 19:25-27)

I've been thinking about using my connection to Golden Living to see if the ED is aware of the who/what the Maxwell is really doing on those Sunday morning services. We never would have let the kind of crap they spew fly in our facility. I wonder if any of the staff have ever listened to them as they conduct the service to see how they behave towards "the elderly." They freakin' know they are going to die soon, the last thing they need is Steve-o reminding them every week.

I admit my knowledge of geography in that neck of the woods is lacking, so I looked up how far it is from Kansas City to Omaha. It's 187 miles, or 3 hours and 11 min.

Seriously Steve? You can only manage to make that drive every 8 months? You can drag old Uriah all over the country but can only see the woman who gave you life twice a year? Oh wait, she doesn't buy your crap and give you love offerings.

Mr. Super Christian? Please!

My daughter lives 211 miles away from me. Right now I drive there and back every other weekend for my grand daughter's swim meets. I'd like to go every weekend but I cannot afford the gas. If my grandmother lived only 187 miles from me I'd visit her at least monthly, probably more. I adored her. She had dementia toward the end but I still adored her.

I'm laughing here. Did anyone see the comments to this post?

Elizabeth wrote "Hopefully you can see her once a month in 2012". Good for you, Elizabeth!

Guest Anonymous

I wish we knew more about Steve's family. His sister is called Toni, from the photos of an older visit. Would any of our Maxwell insiders care to tell us more?

In any case, I am so glad for Mrs Max. snr that she is near her daughter but they have no excuse for visiting just twice a year.

Does anyone else think that Jesse and Mary could almost pass for a courting couple??

Also, while Mary's brows are starting to look a bit better, they still need to be thinned out.

Steve is a douchecanoe. Wait, we already knew that, but I wanted to say it again.

Ok, I worked in a nursing home. I know how nursing home residents, especially those with dementia cuss up a storm. As dementia progresses, the part of the brain that controls the impulse to yell out "Oh HELL!!" or whatever else you might want to say that isn't Maxwell Approved, is one area that goes quicker than, say your childhood memories (long term memory). You lose your short term memory first, which is why older folks have to ask you things many times, even if you just answered the question 15 minutes before. I wonder if Steve-o controls who comes to their church services? Poor Sarah, Anna and Mary might faint if they heard Mrs. Smith yell out "SHUT THE F*CK UP STEVE!!!!!!" I'd love to be there when a resident yelled that out. That would be PRICELESS!

Guest Anonymous

I found Mrs Mari's blog after she left a comment on Rebecca K!!'s last blog post. Mrs Mari is the one who comments on Titus2 as frequently as Rebecca, and I suspect she either reads or participates here because she posted a nice comment on Rebecca's blog for the first time, immediately after the crappy abuse allegation one was deleted.

Anyway, it turns out Mrs M has been a full time carer for her own mother who is a dementia sufferer and who has just this year needed to move to a care home, but Mrs Mari visits her and does stuff with her and for her all the time. The Maxwells should be ashamed to associate with such selfless people, given the way their treat their own Grandma.

My father suffered from Alzheimer's and spent the last four years of his life in a nursing home. One of my sisters lived in town and went over there every single evening to put him to bed. My other sister lived two hours away and drove down once a month. I live half a continent away, but I flew out there every chance I could, which worked out to be about four to five times a year. I call BS on Steve Maxwell and the fifth commandment.

Our family agrees that this is truly the best church experience we've ever had. It's a blessing to minister to the elderly, who are often the outcasts of society.

Bitch, please. If you wanted to minister to the outcasts of society you'd be churching at a homeless shelter.

Bitch, please. If you wanted to minister to the outcasts of society you'd be churching at a homeless shelter.

Or trying to minister to their own elderly...LIKE SAY GRANDMA MAXWELL. Who is apparently outcast from their lives. I know seeing someone you love fade away is incredibly painful, but you buck up and stay with them, for their sake. That's love.

Stevie is totally the king of "do as I say, not as I do." Good Lord.

Guest Anonymous

It was bad enough when the Maxwells thought old people were their own personal petting zoo but now they've been demoted to pariah-hood. Way to be sensitive, Steverino.

Archived