IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

It was bad enough when the Maxwells thought old people were their own personal petting zoo but now they've been demoted to pariah-hood. Way to be sensitive, Steverino.

How do they (Maxwell kids) even know that? They haven't even been a part of society! They're kinda like those WWII soldiers who were stuck in a jungle on some island for decades and still think there's a war going on (didn't they notice the lack of bombings?) and the world passes them by.

I've been thinking about using my connection to Golden Living to see if the ED is aware of the who/what the Maxwell is really doing on those Sunday morning services. We never would have let the kind of crap they spew fly in our facility. I wonder if any of the staff have ever listened to them as they conduct the service to see how they behave towards "the elderly." They freakin' know they are going to die soon, the last thing they need is Steve-o reminding them every week.

Sunny, you should totally use your contacts to put the Maxwells in check. But, since it's all about them ("it's been OUR greatest church experience"), they'll be all, "You're persecuting us! Wah! Satan's trying to keep us away from The Elderly! Let's pray about it."

Idiots.

Srsly, Sunny, doooo eeeet! (Ren Hoek)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I worked in a nursing home. I know how nursing home residents, especially those with dementia cuss up a storm. As dementia progresses, the part of the brain that controls the impulse to yell out "Oh HELL!!" or whatever else you might want to say that isn't Maxwell Approved, is one area that goes quicker than, say your childhood memories (long term memory). You lose your short term memory first, which is why older folks have to ask you things many times, even if you just answered the question 15 minutes before. I wonder if Steve-o controls who comes to their church services? Poor Sarah, Anna and Mary might faint if they heard Mrs. Smith yell out "SHUT THE F*CK UP STEVE!!!!!!" I'd love to be there when a resident yelled that out. That would be PRICELESS!

A friends Father has dementia. He's in a "phase" where he's taking his clothes off. Wouldn't the "gang" be suprised to see a little old lady or man stipping in the middle of their "show"! :lol:

I wish we knew more about Steve's family. His sister is called Toni, from the photos of an older visit. Would any of our Maxwell insiders care to tell us more?

In any case, I am so glad for Mrs Max. snr that she is near her daughter but they have no excuse for visiting just twice a year.

So, he has a sister. He also has a brother. I remember him posting pictures his brother making them pancakes on a visit. (Quite a while ago, don't remember when the post occured.)

Before I even opened this I knew it was all about death. Only the Maxwell's could take a season of joy and turn it into death.

Me too.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/12/18/what-we-have-been-preparing-for/

I am a Christian but if Stevie came knocking on my arse, or the troup started anouther verse of Stevie on his Knees - even with John - Marie in tow. :twisted:

I loved the carolers coming to the door when I was a kid and loved going caroling when I was older.

Now a days carolers are few and far between. Last time I had some, two years ago they brought the ultimate gift, Patron. :clap: :clap:

I was thinking about caroling after I read the Maxwell thread. I decided against it as my neighbors are Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Agnostic and Adventist.

I don't think any of them would appreciate us showing up at their door bellowing on about Jesus no matter what kind of vittles we came with. Maybe the last group, but probably not as we've already gotten into a discussion once about why we stay home on Saturday instead of going to the Lord's house. "Because we go on Sunday" wasn't an acceptable answer, apparently.

My neighbors caroled Friday night. My toddler was VERY confused at all the hubbub. :P

We're the only Jews in the neighborhood so most of them don't know and i'm behind on putting the Hanukkah stuff up this year.

My non-/multi-religious lesbian chorus is going caroling next week outside of several different gay bars. I'm sure the Maxwells would shit themselves if they knew such a thing existed. :o

I would love any sort of carolers to come to my door. Especially if they bring me sweets. Even if they are conversion minded. I like Christmas carols and fod.

When I was a kid we'd go caroling and usually the homes we caroled at gave us cookies and candy. As I got older I caroled with a group that went to nursing homes where our parishioners were living and we just sang. The faces on the people there was payment enough. We didn't try to convert anyone, we just shared our voices with them. But I don't think the Maxwells could do that because if one person doesn't know that death is the result of sin, Steve won't be happy.

PS*** Steve, the Magnificat says My Soul Magnifies The Lord, not I'm hiding from God because I know he's going to smite me if I do something wrong.

I went to a cookie exchange party, and one of the things we did was to go caroling. Many people enjoyed us, and someone even stopped their car in the middle of the street to listen.

We don't get carollers very often round here. When we do it's usually teenagers who blast out two lines of 'we wish you a merry christmas' at the top of their voices, badly, then demand we pay them for the privileged of listening to their caterwauling.

From the comments on the latest maxwell post:

Little Bethany looks more like Abigail everyday! I can hardly tell them apart (except that Abby is bigger of course).

I bake cakes for our neighbors, we don’t do the caroling but I am interested in those lovely cards you made. Could you give a quick tutorial on them and what you printed inside? I think it would be a good project for us to do. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

>>>>>

Sarah will read your comment and we will see about the tutorial.

Steve

I personally think those little cards are pretty but nothing amazing and fairly simple to make=but hey I like crafts!

Steves comment just made me giggle - are the cards like the cookie pizza and therefore a big secret? sounds like it! Are us heathens not allowed to know how to make nice greeting cards? Is being fancy only a gift to the Godly? Good to see a 30 year old girl cannot even read comments herself I must say.

Why do you need a tutorial to make cards? You find some cardstock and a coordinating paper to print your picture/message on it, you use a gluestick to attach it to the cardstock. If you're feeling fancy, use some of that fake hay-like material to tie a bow and glue that somewhere on the card as well. Tah dah! Done.

I'm an avid crafter! seems like a basic card design with possibly glittered heat embossing?

Thats what I thought! why the big secret stevo?

Thats what I thought! why the big secret stevo?

Sound like the newest Moody book(Christmas with the Moody's?) will have the kids going caroling and making the cards. Card tutorial will be in there of course, you cannot look it up on the internet, just like the pizza. :?

Speaking of the Moodys, think we can expect "A Very Moody Wedding" any time soon? Maybe Dad's sister, let's call her "Sarah", is finally courted and engaged to her Prince Charming, let's call him "John-Marie".

Sound like the newest Moody book(Christmas with the Moody's?) will have the kids going caroling and making the cards. Card tutorial will be in there of course, you cannot look it up on the internet, just like the pizza. :?

And a recipe for chocolate-dipped Ritz crackers?!? Okay, I get that just about everything tastes better dipped in chocolate, but, no thanks. Glad I'm not on the Maxwell's caroling route.

I'm an avid crafter! seems like a basic card design with possibly glittered heat embossing?
Yeah, looks like glue and glitter to me too. I do think they look quite nice from what I can see in the picture.

I make New Year cards myself, they're postcards. For mass-producing, stamp art works great for me plus it's got the bonus of being traditional. I started it because quite frankly no one sells New Year cards of the kind I need here by me (halfway across the earth as I am!) and it used to be impossible to buy them, so I kept doing DIY like from school days. Now I could buy them over the internet, but I like keeping the old method since now it stands out when most people are doing computer-printed ones.

But back to the Maxwell post, it's got me thinking about possibly doing heat embossing for shiny shapes after I stamp, maybe next year.

The "scrapbooking" aisle of the local hobby shop has tons of things that are great for making handmade cards, including interesting stickers, alphabet rubber stamps in a variety of fonts, and lots of fancy patterned paper.

Speaking of the Moodys, think we can expect "A Very Moody Wedding" any time soon? Maybe Dad's sister, let's call her "Sarah", is finally courted and engaged to her Prince Charming, let's call him "John-Marie".

Heh. "A Very Moody Wedding" sounds like the perfect description for a wedding with a DEATH SERMON in it...

Archived