IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

"Being at care homes frequently reminds me of the frailty of life. Some may live long and experience the affects of aging, but some may live only a short time. As we look forward to this Christmas season, are you prepared to step into eternity? It is not a question to wait to settle. For if you wait until eternity to deal with your sin, it is too late."

Signed by Sarah, but undoubtedly vetted by Steve...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I kind of figured you were teasing us with that topic title, as "cheery" and "Maxwells" can never be used in the same sentence without extreme sarcasm - lol.

I saw the title and thought, 'Yep, they're on about death again'.

Before I even opened this I knew it was all about death. Only the Maxwell's could take a season of joy and turn it into death.

I showed this one to my husband. His take is that they "could fuck up a wet dream".

They'd go out of their way to fuck up a wet dream!!!

:lol:

Guest Anonymous

Well, that's Grandma's Christmas visit over an done with, anyway. They 'were only there in April' so she must feel that she is being treated like a Queen with all that attention. Family first and all that, eh Steve? :roll:

The churches that come to my grandma's nursing home are all cheerful and sing songs and give gifts and just make it a happier place. I suspect eh Maxwells are like "Merry Christmas. You are going to die soon."

The churches that come to my grandma's nursing home are all cheerful and sing songs and give gifts and just make it a happier place. I suspect eh Maxwells are like "Merry Christmas. You are going to die soon."

Don't forget the kids all shared their "testimonies" in between x-mas songs. I am sure it was a very happy program for the ELDERLY. :whistle:

Are they trying to kill 'the elderly' off ?

Is it too much to hope that one of 'the elderly' told them to get the fuck out and stop spoiling the festive season?

When my grandmother was in a home for Alzheimer's patients, my mother drove two hours each way to visit her every single week. Her grandchildren came at least every other week. We threw her a birthday party every year with her favorite strawberry ice cream and all of her friends and family. We decorated her room with photos of her and her brothers when they were little kids and brought her stuffed animals and toys to play with.

Why haven't the Maxwells been to see their grandma since April? What the hell is the matter with them? Do they not want to tell and show her that they love her every chance they get? Is this how Jesus would've treated Mary if she'd gotten Alzheimer's? I feel so bad for her. Maybe Steve isn't motivated to see her more often because of all of his seething resentment about his parents' divorce? I can't imagine what else it could be, except that they're just that self-absorbed.

And re: the poor Elderly getting preached at, I've wondered too whether any of them have ever called the Maxwells out on being a creepy cult. They're old, not stupid.

I pity the elderly that have to listen to the Maxwells. They probably all think the Maxwells are crazy and wish they would go away.

Only the Maxwells can take a holiday that's supposed to be about joy (and about a birth) and make it about death.

Did you notice the picture of the 3 Max girls? They really are very pretty and the youngest girl got rid of her unibrow (I hate even saying that because I feel like I'm making fun of her - which I'm not). I used to think the two younger girls were a little on the homely side - not because of their looks per se, but because of those horrible frumpers they're made to wear. I say let's free Sarah, Anna and Mary! I've always thought Sarah was very pretty and it's a shame she has to live cloistered the way she does. Does she ever do anything at all without the rest of the family?

Don't forget the kids all shared their "testimonies" in between x-mas songs. I am sure it was a very happy program for the ELDERLY. :whistle:

Hopefully they turn off their hearing aids (if they have them) and their snoring doesn't interrupt the heartfelt ( :roll: ) testimonies and mediocre singing.

If the Elderly the Maxwells are preaching at are anything like the older folks I've worked with they definitely get an earful. In high school our choir director would have us test competition material at an assisted living/mental health center to get really honest feedback. As my grandfather would say "I'm 89 years old and I just do not give a fuck."

Are the Maxwells that family that frowns on "fun"??

If not, I wish that I'd remember who they were. They even said that one shouldn't make jokes as it turns the spirit away from "work".

Those crazy Calvinists...On that subject I have to read more on Geneva's time under Jean Calvin, which was a full-blown theocracy.

Did you notice the picture of the 3 Max girls? They really are very pretty and the youngest girl got rid of her unibrow (I hate even saying that because I feel like I'm making fun of her - which I'm not).

I agree, I think they're really quite pretty. It's their lifestyle and beliefs that's the horrifying part!

But yeah, Sarah is almost 30 and as far as we know, never does anything on her own.

I admit my knowledge of geography in that neck of the woods is lacking, so I looked up how far it is from Kansas City to Omaha. It's 187 miles, or 3 hours and 11 min.

Seriously Steve? You can only manage to make that drive every 8 months? You can drag old Uriah all over the country but can only see the woman who gave you life twice a year? Oh wait, she doesn't buy your crap and give you love offerings.

Mr. Super Christian? Please!

Guest Anonymous
I admit my knowledge of geography in that neck of the woods is lacking, so I looked up how far it is from Kansas City to Omaha. It's 187 miles, or 3 hours and 11 min.

Seriously Steve? You can only manage to make that drive every 8 months? You can drag old Uriah all over the country but can only see the woman who gave you life twice a year? Oh wait, she doesn't buy your crap and give you love offerings.

Mr. Super Christian? Please!

I looked that up, too! :evil:

And yet the reason they chose to have church in a nursing home was because the best 'true' definition of church is helping widows and orphans in distress..... :roll:

I am waiting for the post where they bake bread for all their neighbors, ring their doorbells, and assault their ears with Christmas carols. I look forward to it every year. Yes, I have no life.

I know what you mean. Every year I look forward to the one where they spend New Year's Eve sobbing on their knees because everyone they know is going to hell.

Guest Anonymous

Families for Jesus.... http://www.titus2.com/families-for-Jesu ... wship.html

Six years ago, the Lord laid on Steve's heart to have our church in the local nursing home. In September 2002, we began having a Sunday morning service. We had been going to this nursing home twice-a-month on Saturdays for about twelve years, so we simply switched to going every Sunday. Since then, that nursing home closed, and our fellowship is in another nursing home (Golden Living Center).

Our family agrees that this is truly the best church experience we've ever had. It's a blessing to minister to the elderly, who are often the outcasts of society.

Our service lasts about an hour. We have an open time where anyone can pick a hymn. Christopher or Sarah accompanies the singing time with the piano. Part-way through the service, Christopher takes prayer requests and then prays. Steve preaches from the Word for the last portion.

We would love to have your family join us! If you're driving from Kansas City, depending on your exact location, it would probably be a 30-60 minute drive.

Our church starts at 9:30 a.m.

[snipped personal info]

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." (James 1:27)

So I looked at the post - where is the picture of mom/grandma? I think those are just a couple of random "Elderly" people. Where is a nice group photo of the family with Steve's mom? Is she not Christian enough or something?

These people make me ill....

Archived