IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

Where is the jingerbread cemetary with all the gravestones to remind us life is short and we are all going to die and go to hell?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is the jingerbread cemetary with all the gravestones to remind us life is short and we are all going to die and go to hell?

I will do that one next year. I love graveyards and take lots of photos in them.

I felt a little sad with the caption about the mayor having people over for bonfires and s'mores. Are the Maxwells allowed to participate in such foolishness and fun?

I think their village is pretty cute, but for some reason it makes me sad. Probably because this will be their "go-to" memory for the last fun thing they did for a long time to come.

I would do it if you remind me.

Same here!

The church looks like some of the adobe churches in Santa Fe that date to the 1700s. Ebil Catholic Churches. Sure that's not what they were going for though.

Steve's response to a commenter's jingerhouse construction question:

"Very, very stiff icing that sets up quick holds like super glue. Also, the gingerbread has to be baked rock-solid (reminds me of faith in the Lord Jesus. Our life is completely safe in Him)."

Steve

:roll:

He forgot to add, "Something to think about.".

If the zoo was made by the younger kids, good for the Maxwells for letting the little ones do whatever they wanted, however well they could do it.

I can't help but notice there's a lot of money spent by the Maxwells. They have a huge kitchen, quality tools/gadgets in their kitchen, those cute striped cookie boxes do not come cheap, and there's all different types of candies used in the construction of the gingerbread houses. If you walked into a grocery store and bought all those candies, pretzels, etc. at once (as opposed to buying them a little at a time when each item was on sale, etc.), that can easily add up in the $50 range, just for the candy and ingredients alone.

Please, please tell me I was not the only one snickering at "back door for deliveries"

You weren't. It looked like something Dougie would type as an "oversight"...

I'm excited for our FJ jingerbread village for next year- I will try to remember to remind everyone in early November so we have time to prepare. I'm especially excited to see the jinger mosque for our village.

Hmm, maybe I'll attempt Hogwarts...

A little off-topic: I was just listening to NPR and heard a sweet contemporary Australian Christmas song--I think the title was "Sunshine and White Wine"--about an Aussie emigre missing the warm, sunny Christmases with his family down under.

Ah, Tim Minchin... Stevo would HATE him. Sunshine & White WIne is a great song that echoes how I feel about Christmas here in Australia. He has some seriously snarky and devastatingly clever songs, including quite a few anti-religious ones. I think there's a lot of FJers who would enjoy his work. I encourage you to listen to more of his stuff.

I Love Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa9xDar8rQg The Good Book

I work in the performing arts, and I'm very proud to say that I helped present him when he was little known, and we put him a venue with a capacity of only 150 people. Needless to say, word travelled quickly and he sold out. I'm thrilled that this odd-looking, barefoot, clever muso is now filling huge venues all over the world. Check him out.

Count me in for a Jingerbread creation.

Oh! Mean too. I mean if I have the money. And if you don't mind a craptacular house, or maybe psychiatric hospital in honour of J'chelle.

Oh! Mean too. I mean if I have the money. And if you don't mind a craptacular house, or maybe psychiatric hospital in honour of J'chelle.

Yes, we will need a psych hospital. And a birthing center. And perhaps a NICU.

I've got the cemetery though.

I am in! Can I make a jingerbread brothel complete with beer bottles (I love those gummy root beer bottles) and a flag of edible underwear hanging from the front porch? I will use chocolate body butter as the mortar and tequila candies (with worm) for the bricks!

We did a class a few years ago where the house was per constructed and they had everything else you needed or could want to decorate with. It was a lot of fund..but our son was like 8. Although I would totally do houses as an adult wit my family.

Yes, we will need a psych hospital. And a birthing center. And perhaps a NICU.

I've got the cemetery though.

I can make it a general Hospital with maternity ward, psych ward, ER and all that. It I'll be work.

I'm excited for our FJ jingerbread village for next year- I will try to remember to remind everyone in early November so we have time to prepare. I'm especially excited to see the jinger mosque for our village.

Hmm, maybe I'll attempt Hogwarts...

YES! On that note, I saw someone on pinterest did one of the burrow that turned out amazing.

I wanna make an abortion clinic.

Yes! Do that! And put little protesters outside of it. Sour Patch Kids so you can pull them off and bit them in half.

The church was designed to match their theology. Any architectural interest would be making an idol--even in a gingerbread church. However, they did allow squished gumdrops, so I guess it's not as strict as Steve might like it. Though I suppose if they were true to life, they'd have to have made a nursing home meeting room church.

We did Jingerbread haunted houses last year for Halloween. It was fun. I didn't feel compelled to blog about it or take a million pictures.

Fun fact: horses LOVE stale Jingerbred houses with candy!

Chickens do, too.... :whistle:

Archived