IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

And a recipe for chocolate-dipped Ritz crackers?!? Okay, I get that just about everything tastes better dipped in chocolate, but, no thanks. Glad I'm not on the Maxwell's caroling route.

A recipe? There's all of 2 ingredients...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a recipe for chocolate-dipped Ritz crackers?!? Okay, I get that just about everything tastes better dipped in chocolate, but, no thanks. Glad I'm not on the Maxwell's caroling route.

Stevie said they taste like Girls Scout cookies. When has he tasted cookies from EVIL Girl Scouts! They stand for about everything he doesn't! :lol:

I'm not an arts and crafts person so I was impressed with their cards. I figure none of the Maxwell's artsy stuff is hard to do, but I have neither the patient or inclination to learn. More power to the girls that they allow themselves the time to do "fun" things like make cards and bake cookies. I just think it's sad that the girls aren't to learn much else after they graduate from high school.

I'm not an arts and crafts person so I was impressed with their cards. I figure none of the Maxwell's artsy stuff is hard to do, but I have neither the patient or inclination to learn. More power to the girls that they allow themselves the time to do "fun" things like make cards and bake cookies. I just think it's sad that the girls aren't to learn much else after they graduate from high school.

Greeting cards and chocolate dipped Ritz crackers were the final exam.

I get from Steve's reply that Sarah only reads what he allows her to read.

Annnnnnd...I feel sick to my stomach. And I'm pretty sure it isn't the chili.

I don't know how they expect her to go to go from an "innocent child" to a married women practically overnight. How can you be expected to function in the adult world when you can't even answer emails ...

we will see about the tutorial.

Steve

I bet it took all his self-control not to add "young lady" at the end of that!

:roll:

Oh golly! I really hope they do! Those craft books or youtube how to videos can be so defrauding! And you never know that some secular person writing the book may start talking about evolution! Or the youtube presenter might be a gay! How could I keep my heart pure! Oh Maxwells! I am counting on you and your card tutorial to save my soul and to spread Christ in Christmas!

I need to learn crafts free of humanistic influences, evolution, and defrauding. We need to start a letter-writing campaign to the Maxwells: One Ton Crafts 2012!

I'm happy for the Maxwell daughters that they got a chance to do something different from their dreary routine. They at least got a field trip to a craft store to buy the supplies, and then they got to spend a few hours stamping, assembling, etc. the cards. Sure beats scrubbing the stove and kitchen cabinets every Friday afternoon.

Wow yeah. That is creepy as hell.

I'm creeped out by Johnna's comment also - she wants to be friendly with her neighbors, but apparently her headship has said no to that, because HE feels that neighborhoods aren't friendly anymore. Well gee, maybe if you don't make an effort, it won't happen, guy! Why do you expect the rest of the neighbors to make the first move and just prejudge them?

...though no doubt it's because the neighbors, while they might be friendly enough, are all worldly. Heaven forbid they be ordinary American suburbanites. They might have a TV on, or something. Public schooled kids in pants who have heard of The Bieber.

From the tone of her letter, though, that's that! He says no, so oh well! Nothing I can do! Just... argh.

John-Marie is making another appearance... I am hopeful.

And he appears to like floats. That's a little teeny bit risqué, don't you agree? Soda! And Ice Cream! Decadent.

Better watch that one, Daddy. He might go so far as to suggest... adding wafer cookies! :shock:

Sigh.

Poor Sarah.

If she does get to marry him, she'll spend all her time ironing his khaki pants to a stiff crease. :|

Guest Anonymous
I need to learn crafts free of humanistic influences, evolution, and defrauding. We need to start a letter-writing campaign to the Maxwells: One Ton Crafts 2012!

And Maxwell Daughters presents:

$1000 for a 10 week distance learning course in quilting and card-making - free from the worldly influences and defraudment possibilities found in the courses run at your local craft store. Includes a weekly phone call from a trained mentor who will not offer expertise in stitchery or die-cutting, but will offer encouragement and scriptural guidance for your Sweet Journey With the Lord.

And Maxwell Daughters presents:

$1000 for a 10 week distance learning course in quilting and card-making - free from the worldly influences and defraudment possibilities found in the courses run at your local craft store. Includes a weekly phone call from a trained mentor who will not offer expertise in stitchery or die-cutting, but will offer encouragement and scriptural guidance for your Sweet Journey With the Lord.

The sad thing is people would take them up on it.

Guest Anonymous

I don't want any 'goodies', tyvm, given that the little girls have colds and Anna had sinusitus all through the baking. And I cannot begin to imagine how the music will sound, with the added 'snot factor'. :mrgreen:

I don't want any 'goodies', tyvm, given that the little girls have colds and Anna had sinusitus all through the baking. And I cannot begin to imagine how the music will sound, with the added 'snot factor'. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure R-Anna could sound any more nasal than she already does on that Trust eeeeeend Obey song. Maybe she had a sinus infection then too?

ETA: I know science isn't the Maxwell's forte, but they do realize a cold doesn't get worse from being out in the cold, right?

ETA: I know science isn't the Maxwell's forte, but they do realize a cold doesn't get worse from being out in the cold, right?

Finally, someone else besides me brings this up. My principal (who I call olb - o is for odious and little because she's very short - you can probably figure out what the b stands for - because I detest her beyond belief) makes the kids wear their jackets outside even when it's like 55-60. They're not allowed to take them off. I finally told her that being in the cold doesn't make you sick. She didn't believe me. That's not the reason I despise her - I have plenty of other reasons.

Archived