IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

I had a second trimester miscarriage.

While I was disgusted when I heard that Michelle was pregnant, I would not wish what she is going through on anyone. I do hope she takes this as a sign that they need to be done with having babies.

Sorry you had to experience that.

I agree 100% on your feelings with regard to the pregnancy and what Michelle is going through now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caleb was the name of the first so when you said it was a boy I thought that's what you meant, sorry.

And you can find out you're pregnant at 3 weeks, before you even miss your period. It takes a while for the fertilized egg to become an embryo and then subsequently become a fetus :). Usually somewhere towards the end of 6 weeks there is a heartbeat, sometimes not until later though.

Both of my losses were while they were still embryos. I am not a fundie at all, but I will say it was so much easier knowing both of my losses did not have heartbeats yet.

I found out with my current pregnancy at 3w4d. However, I ovulated late, so when I went in for all of my tests and did the math, (the husband and I were "taking a break" this month and didn't use a condom because we figured we were ok for the month. I realized I was REALLY early on and hadn't even missed a period yet. We had had sex a grand total of ONCE. SO I knew for sure.

I had a chemical pregnancy this summer. I didn't name it. I cried a lot, but I didn't name it.

I really really hope they don't tape the funeral, if they have a funeral, ok, that's ok, and their way to grieve, but please please for the love of all that is good and holy don't tape it and show it on TV.

Edited for riffles. MOrning sickness+exhaustion=grammar fails

Forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask cuz I'm curious... If your unborn baby dies, does your body eventually realize something is wrong, and then aborts it/goes into birth itself early? Surely, Michelle would not have to carry the baby for like the five more months, right?

FWIW, my Catholic/leaning secular German family doesn't get its hopes up before the baby actually arrives, either. Never knew that was a Jewish thing--lends even more credence to my suspicions that at least my mother's mother's family were once Jewish.

Also, if the baby's only measuring 16 weeks, she was at 19w1d, and she's still waiting? I almost hope she's not allowed to see what comes out. There's this thing called maceration that makes the results decidedly Not Pretty.

I think I can understand why, even if they ask for privacy, that they are telling People about the miscarriage. They've created a juggernaut with being in the public eye and you can't just completely turn that off. Sooner or later someone was going to ask them how the pregnancy was going, and they would have to answer anyways. Might as well just announce it right away and get it over with. This way they can control what is said, rather than someone leaking it and having to address it later when they are really processing their grief.

Other, nthing holly's sentiments on not wishing a miscarriage on anyone, and hoping they take it as a sign.

That LA Times article also quoted a RadarOnline interview in which Michelle said she knew her "mommy years" might be over soon. I remember telling my parents about that, and they were shocked. Once you have a child, your "mommy years" are never over!

"The couple said at that time they were considering adopting." [in reference to what they plan to do when Michelle can no longer have children naturally.]

WTF?!?!?!?!!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :O :O!!!!

NO WAY a couple with 19 children would get a baby!?!?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... would-love

Original source, no idea how credible it is.

The Duggars have even been considering expanding their family through adoption. Jim Bob told RadarOnline.com that they were inspired by a family they knew that had 9 children and one with spinal bifida who then adopted 5 children with special needs.

Michelle said it was something the family discussed. “They inspired us and it is something we’ve been praying about because we do love children. Each child really is a gift and that just doesn’t mean just our children. We asked the Lord to give us a love of children the way he loves children. That is something that we’ve prayed about and we’ll just see what the Lord has in store for our family in the future.â€

I think I can understand why, even if they ask for privacy, that they are telling People about the miscarriage. They've created a juggernaut with being in the public eye and you can't just completely turn that off. Sooner or later someone was going to ask them how the pregnancy was going, and they would have to answer anyways. Might as well just announce it right away and get it over with. This way they can control what is said, rather than someone leaking it and having to address it later when they are really processing their grief.
imo they could wait until she miscarries at least... announce it, fine, but I'm sure everyone would be able to respect "our family asks for privacy at this difficult time" and then she'd talk when she was ready, instead of giving People an interview from her home not 24 hours later. I mean, is there going to be a followup interview when she actually does miscarry? Probably.

Do you think this is true? I will now head of to the official site.

Edit: Jup: http://www.duggarfamily.com/ It is. And I would never ever would have belived that I would write something like this, but I am glad. Who would have known what would have happened if she had that child. :(

FWIW, my Catholic/leaning secular German family doesn't get its hopes up before the baby actually arrives, either. Never knew that was a Jewish thing--lends even more credence to my suspicions that at least my mother's mother's family were once Jewish.

Did your maternal grandmother and/or great-grandmother (perhaps secretly) light candles on Friday evenings?

Did your maternal grandmother and/or great-grandmother (perhaps secretly) light candles on Friday evenings?

I've got it in my family too. Great grandmother with the maiden name Levi, who refused to put up a Christmas tree, and freaked the f*ck out when it was revealed what happened in Eastern Europe to the Jews in WWII.

My mother and I swear one of these days we're going to go back to Czechoslovakia and dig around in the family history to find out for sure.

"The couple said at that time they were considering adopting." [in reference to what they plan to do when Michelle can no longer have children naturally.]

WTF?!?!?!?!!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :O :O!!!!

I really hope no one is stupid enough to let them adopt...but I am sure there are desperate fundies out their with a mystically pregnant SAHD, who want a "Godly" family to take the child. But, I am not sure they would adopt; as Gothard followers, don't they need to be concerned about "The Sins of the Father"?

Oh, no... :roll: Someone please stop this family. PLEASE.

Aren't they ATI? Gothard does not approve of adopting children, I don't think.

I understand them going public with it, but giving interviews the day after? They do not have to do that. The only reason to do that is if they want to capitalize on it in someway. They're addicted to attention, especially Michelle.

That's why I could see them adopting. At this point they have that and marrying off one of the J-slaves as the options to keep the show on the air.

What if one of their own SAHDs is pregnant? They are bringing up adoption so when another little baby is mysteriously one set at their house, they can be "Oh, we adopted, oh, lookit us!". If one of the older girls is mysteriously away on a mission trip in a couple of months, we'll know why....

What if one of their own SAHDs is pregnant? They are bringing up adoption so when another little baby is mysteriously one set at their house, they can be "Oh, we adopted, oh, lookit us!". If one of the older girls is mysteriously away on a mission trip in a couple of months, we'll know why....

Hasn't one of them been missing as of late anyway?

It's the same here in Sweden, don't know if it's a tradition in Northen Europe? It was seen as bad luck to recieve anything baby-related before the baby was born. Expecting parents didn't make a big deal about the things they made or bought before the baby was born, but kept it private.

I think it has something to do with being modest, not taking anything for granted or becoming prideful.

You give the presents once the baby is born and you know that everything went ok.

Baby showers like in the US are becoming more and more popular here, especially amongst the trendy suburban "café latte mothers" but are still a bit controversial. I would never give any baby presents to an expecting mother, it's just... wrong to me. Based on superstition and tradition, but still.

I've got it in my family too. Great grandmother with the maiden name Levi, who refused to put up a Christmas tree, and freaked the f*ck out when it was revealed what happened in Eastern Europe to the Jews in WWII.

My mother and I swear one of these days we're going to go back to Czechoslovakia and dig around in the family history to find out for sure.

Where in Czechoslovakia? That's where my grandparents immigrated from! My grandmother's maiden name was Lowy (same as Levi).

edited: because my grammar looked like SODRT after I cut & pasted

Where in Czechoslovakia? That's where my grandparents immigrated from! My grandmother's maiden name was Lowy (same as Levi).

edited: because my grammar looked like SODRT after I cut & pasted

Motivbar. It was Austria at the time. I can't remember the name of the teeny village they were from though.

That LA Times article also quoted a RadarOnline interview in which Michelle said she knew her "mommy years" might be over soon. I remember telling my parents about that, and they were shocked. Once you have a child, your "mommy years" are never over!

They will be for Michelle, it's not like she does much parenting after they are born. That's what sister-moms are for.

[Figured it was about time for me to de-lurk. Hello everyone!]

They will be for Michelle, it's not like she does much parenting after they are born. That's what sister-moms are for.

[Figured it was about time for me to de-lurk. Hello everyone!]

:text-welcomewave: to FJ. Love your username!

imo they could wait until she miscarries at least... announce it, fine, but I'm sure everyone would be able to respect "our family asks for privacy at this difficult time" and then she'd talk when she was ready, instead of giving People an interview from her home not 24 hours later. I mean, is there going to be a followup interview when she actually does miscarry? Probably.

I'm betting there were additional reasons to announce it quickly, maybe other interviews they were going to do, show reasons, etc. I just think announcing it quickly is for control of what is being said, and the interviews are not so much in depth and mostly canned statements.

I won't deny that it leaves a little distaste in my mouth, but they usually wait on things or do surprises. Not next-day announcements.

Archived