IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

I think what happened is some unfortunate playing with the contrast, highlights and shadows. What looks like a chopped off finger is just the web (right word??) in between the fingers but instead of being darker it has accidentally been highlighted when something else was highlighted.
He is he wearing shorts with the same shoes as Charlotte- which is definitely an odd look here. Because everything visible from the armrest looks formal and you kind of assume he is wearing long trousers. More punk than formal. Which looks probably adorable in another pose. The „third leg“ is just fabric from Wiliam’s trousers. Also probably accidentally highlighted. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I think what happened is some unfortunate playing with the contrast, highlights and shadows. 

This so much. I failed to express it but that‘s why I was irrated by the „chopped off“ or „third leg“ comments. It looks like common illusions created by editing contrast and highlights in a black and white picture of people in quite uniform clothing. That‘s no mystery to me. I‘m sure all their official photos are edited in that regard. That‘s not the same as a pic being stitched together and adding or losing bodyparts during that process. 

• Upvote 5

Well we wouldn’t want you to be irritated! The editing was done poorly and no matter how simple it is to you, it’s bad enough that it’s been noticed world wide by a lot of people who aren’t as well versed in the photography world. 

• Move Along 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

@viii Couldn‘t just leave it at „fuck off“, could you? 

ETA: I was trying to explain my point of view. Not sure why you are so offended.

Edited by prayawaythefundie

Not sure why Kate is thought to have anything to do with the photo or photoshopping when the photographer is clearly named.

Kinda doubt that they would have published a picture doctored by Kate or another amateur on their site  https://joshshinner.com/

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

@viii Couldn‘t just leave it at „fuck off“, could you? 

ETA: I was trying to explain my point of view. Not sure why you are so offended.

I'm not offended, but I am pretty annoyed that you're comparing me to our resident troll and trying to police my opinions by telling me to do better, when a majority of people share my opinion that the photoshop was a badly done job. 

And agreed about Kate - she had nothing to do with this photo besides posing for it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 3
  • Eyeroll 2

On a different topic, the Wales family minus William visited a Baby Bank and it looked like they had fun.  It looked like George and Charlotte can fold clothes but not Louis.  Louis is still very much a kid and I love that he is still like that.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, viii said:

This is a really nice example of good PR. 

I read on Twitter that the person in charge of the Baby Bank said that when Kate visited in the spring she said she would bring the kids but also after the visit was publicized in the spring the baby bank received an increase in donations.  They mentioned that many people didn't know about baby banks in general and specifically about the one in Windsor so they appreciated the increase in publicity. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

It is really nice to see the Windsor children in action, hear their voices and get a glimpse of their personalities  and what not instead of just still photos all the time. 

• I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

I read on Twitter that the person in charge of the Baby Bank said that when Kate visited in the spring she said she would bring the kids but also after the visit was publicized in the spring the baby bank received an increase in donations.  They mentioned that many people didn't know about baby banks in general and specifically about the one in Windsor so they appreciated the increase in publicity. 

Yes, I remember reading something about Kate fulfilling a promise to bringing the kids. As good as it is, I'd like to see this kind of stuff continue throughout the year. A lot of people donate around Christmas to do their part, but poverty is a year round issue, and I find that summer is especially hard on low income families when the kids aren't in school. Hopefully Kate will bring the kids back during the summer months so the increase in donations continue. 

On the video you can hear someone saying that George would like to come back, which I think is really nice. It's good to teach kids to look beyond themselves, especially for kids as privileged as these three. 

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, TN-peach said:

On a different topic, the Wales family minus William visited a Baby Bank and it looked like they had fun.  It looked like George and Charlotte can fold clothes but not Louis.  Louis is still very much a kid and I love that he is still like that.

What a low bar we set for the royal family. Of course two tweens can fold clothes. They go to school and probably change into their PE kit. They put their clothes away at night. I'm sure Louis can fold too--my daughter was folding clothes at 2, by watching and copying me. If Louis can't fold a tiny onesie, I'd be concerned.

The entire video was for PR. Why else would they bring a videographer along? The lighting was so good, they must have brought lights as well.  I was amused by Kate's pat, trite "lessons" for the kids--"We are helping others, you see, and that is a good thing." Or whatever she said. It was so painfully obvious.

Did they bring anything to the Baby Bank? Or just show up for PR? Because I wouldn't go (with my videographer) without at least a few boxes of diapers.

3 hours ago, viii said:

On the video you can hear someone saying that George would like to come back, which I think is really nice. It's good to teach kids to look beyond themselves, especially for kids as privileged as these three. 

"Would you like to come back, George?"

"Umm. . . yeah, sure."

George is an altruist! He cares! He looks beyond himself, that is so wonderful!

Most children are pretty caring, but I think we are reading a lot into this particular promotional statement about the future King.

3 hours ago, viii said:

Yes, I remember reading something about Kate fulfilling a promise to bringing the kids.

Was it a promise to her PR staff? Because the entire thing seems geared for public consumption.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Kinda doubt that they would have published a picture doctored by Kate or another amateur on their site  https://joshshinner.com/

The guy is clearly a high-profile celebrity photographer. Itʻs hard to believe that he would do such a shitty job at editing his photos. Then again, not being someone who patronizes high-profile celebrity photographers, perhaps theyʻre just good at taking pictures but lousy at editing them? 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

The guy is clearly a high-profile celebrity photographer. Itʻs hard to believe that he would do such a shitty job at editing his photos. Then again, not being someone who patronizes high-profile celebrity photographers, perhaps theyʻre just good at taking pictures but lousy at editing them? 🤷‍♀️

Every time I've got professional photos taken they came with a disclaimer that copyright *something something* and I was not supposed to edit them into something else myself. But I am not in the UK and they might have different customs

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Every time I've got professional photos taken they came with a disclaimer that copyright *something something* and I was not supposed to edit them into something else myself.

Yes, this is pretty standard. Iʻve only had head shots done once and the photographer (one of my former photo teachers, in fact) did her own editing & then gave me the image files DRM-free + a permission statement that allows me to use them as I wish although she retains the copyright. 

In this case, either the celebrity photographer is a shitty photo editor OR someone else (say, for example, someone who is married to the heir to the throne) edited his images and did a bad job. Could it be an incompetent assistant? Sure, but this doesnʻt seem like the kind of job youʻd hand off to an assistant. 

I suppose the heir to the throne has nothing to do with what photos they send out. Must be the wife who decides all this stuff.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I suppose the heir to the throne has nothing to do with what photos they send out. Must be the wife who decides all this stuff.

Usually I would sing the same tune, but in this case photography is specifically Kate’s forte. She has taken many of the photos for public use and even this Holocaust survivor thing. So it’s a pretty save bet that she is in charge of the pictures and that they are more in align with what she envisions. I am sure they talk about what they want them to look like and why but I can also easily see Wiliam leaving the last say to her and not interfere if she doesn’t seek his opinion.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I had never heard of a Baby Bank before, but what a great idea. 
Kind of like a food bank, but for clothes and toys I guess. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:11 AM, just_ordinary said:

I am pretty sure they can arrange for posing while baking cookies. Or wrapping presents (for peasants. Presents for peasants sounds like a tongue in cheek working title for a new charity.). Or smiling on front of a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. Or outside.

It's good to remember that George, Charlotte and Louis have their own thoughts and feelings, and we shouldn't expect them to be posed for our enjoyment.

When I was a 5th grader like George, I wouldn't have wanted to be photographed baking cookies with my mummy and little siblings. Especially if I knew all my classmates and the world would see these photos.

Those kids are under enough stress, with the constant flash of photos everywhere they go. I'm sure some of their classmates give them a hard time for being royal (children are not as impressed with large estates and great wealth as adults). After all, it's not easy to forget. They are followed by two bodyguards wherever they go.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:22 AM, tabitha2 said:

It is really nice to see the Windsor children in action, hear their voices and get a glimpse of their personalities  and what not instead of just still photos all the time. 

They are children, and their privacy needs to be respected. I wonder about the fallout at school each time they are put in a staged situation like that. Ten year old boys can be cruel. 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:33 AM, hoipolloi said:

I don't know, myself. But I'm surprised the royal family would mess this up. How hard is it to take a family photo? Why does it need to be photoshopped to death?

Millions of families take their own photos with a tripod, and manage to do a decent job for their xmas card. They all did better than the royals, who had money, staff and professionals on hand.

It's not like there are babies or dogs involved. Just three school-aged kids and two adults, all attractive and well-dressed. It should be easy to get a good photo! I bet I could have gotten a better one with my iphone.

Before releasing it to the world, I imagine several courtiers, plus Kate and Wills, looked at the photo and gave their approval. They all though this was OK? 

On 12/12/2023 at 1:33 AM, Four is Enough said:

Gee, I liked it!

Same. Although if they were going to photoshop anyway they could have at least added some cartoon Santa hats and a Christmas tree!

• Haha 6

At the risk of poking the troll, I really wonder if she ever has anything nice to say about anyone else than Meghan.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

At the risk of poking the troll, I really wonder if she ever has anything nice to say about anyone else than Meghan.

She actually did! When we were having a chat about the  supposed Royal cheating Scandal in Denmark she started to defend the  woman involved And also she would not shut up about dear  Nanny  Crawfie and how she was done wrong by the Royal family. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Haha 4

I mean.. because of The Troll we learned the Windsors own dozens of Castles and Hundreds of starving abused peasants work till they drop for the Royal pleasure!  Aren’t you gratified at her for educating us so? 

• Haha 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic