IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

On 6/18/2023 at 2:57 PM, marmalade said:

She said recovery from Giddy's birth was the worst, I presume due to the C-section. She confirmed that Evy was sunny side up, but no other complications. It sounds like Gunner's birth went smoothly. 

She also had Gestational Diabetes with Gideon. Joy never acknowledged this, but did have a midwife wife appointment where they told J and A that her BS was too high, plus Gideon was > than 10 lbs at birth. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

It will be interesting to see how they approach homeschooling. They both seem to embrace the right wing fundie mindset that schools brainwash children - will she do the minimum so her kids can function- assuming the girls will be stay at home mothers and the boys will follow their dad into construction, or will she try and offer her kids more opportunities than she had? 

• Upvote 3

Cats can have the best nicknames.  We had a cat named Autumn but I used to call her my itty bitty shitty kitty when she was getting into mischief.  She once dropped a live mouse on my husband's face in the middle of the night and I swear she was laughing as he chased it.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

I lost my beloved cat, Snowball a few years ago. She had gorgeous blue eyes and the softest white fur, but she was also known as Little Miss Teeth and Claws.

• Love 10

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I lost my beloved cat, Snowball a few years ago. She had gorgeous blue eyes and the softest white fur, but she was also known as Little Miss Teeth and Claws.

I lost my beloved Miniature Schnauzer, Rion, to cancer in November 2021. One of his nicknames was Bitey McBiteyFace.

• Love 12

18 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Cats can have the best nicknames.  We had a cat named Autumn but I used to call her my itty bitty shitty kitty when she was getting into mischief.  She once dropped a live mouse on my husband's face in the middle of the night and I swear she was laughing as he chased it.

I have a cat named Dexter (thanks to the Humane Society who named him). He really is the SWEETEST ball of floof that ever waddled around on four legs (he's a chunky boy) and we call him Dorkster. He's not the brains in our feline operation. His brother by another mother could absolutely do higher math if he cared to. He does not. Instead he is the most patient, most loving, most sensible of all animals, who likes to cuddle with his little human brother. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

@Meggo Cats are supposed to be all snotty and aloof, but our Mr. Kitty is a cuddler too. He lets me hold him like a baby. He cries miserably by the door when my husband goes away on business trips. Because of course my husband is his favorite even though he jokingly said we should name him Divorce Cat when I brought home my solution to dealing with empty next syndrome. He says he "doesn't like cats" but he has more pics of that cat on his phone than our grown kids. 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

14 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

@Meggo Cats are supposed to be all snotty and aloof, but our Mr. Kitty is a cuddler too. He lets me hold him like a baby. He cries miserably by the door when my husband goes away on business trips. Because of course my husband is his favorite even though he jokingly said we should name him Divorce Cat when I brought home my solution to dealing with empty next syndrome. He says he "doesn't like cats" but he has more pics of that cat on his phone than our grown kids. 🤣

We got a dog/cat. I’m not a dog person so I won’t be getting a dog. Ever. So the closest I will come to that is a cat with a dogish side. I also prefer to be around dogs that are catlike. Our cat is super friendly. He’s rarely aloof ever. He wants petted all day long. He wants to play with you. He wants to go outside. He greets new people by sniffing the hell out of them. He’s rotten but we love him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

All of you are pet teasing me, talking about "chonkers" and "cuddlers" and not coming forth with pictures of said most beloved pets. Poor form I say, poor form lol 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

All of you are pet teasing me, talking about "chonkers" and "cuddlers" and not coming forth with pictures of said most beloved pets. Poor form I say, poor form lol 

Dorkster- sweetest ball of floof on the planet

AE708275-464C-4520-98D6-E6E19400FDBD.jpeg

• Love 27

16 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My old cat preferred me above all humans. He was not the nicest cat to anyone else. He tolerated (at best) my husband. Unless I would out of town for work. If I was gone, around the three day mark, my husband would wake up and find my kitty curled up with him or on him or near him and touching him. Like three days was the most my boy could last without human interaction and then desperate times call for desperate measures. He would relent and cuddle Second Favorite Human. On the sly. 

Now Dorkster - that cat is only sort of selective. He won't cuddle with my husband - but he MIGHT cuddle with the Human Boy if the boy is asleep. But the second I sit down, he's on my lap. And he's relentless about it. 

• Love 11

8 hours ago, Meggo said:

Dorkster- sweetest ball of floof on the planet

AE708275-464C-4520-98D6-E6E19400FDBD.jpeg

nawww totally is the best 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

This is my bestest boy, Professor Snacks, embracing the new human child when she was about 6 months by offering his tail as a teething toy.  He has always been tolerant to downright affectionate with her because he is a smart cookie.  I'm his person after I saved him from euthanasia (he was brought in after probably being hit by a car and found by animal control) and I've never made such a good call as that one.  Not one regret ever.

Snacks and baby O (2).jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 35

10 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

This is my bestest boy, Professor Snacks, embracing the new human child when she was about 6 months by offering his tail as a teething toy.  He has always been tolerant to downright affectionate with her because he is a smart cookie.  I'm his person after I saved him from euthanasia (he was brought in after probably being hit by a car and found by animal control) and I've never made such a good call as that one.  Not one regret ever.

Snacks and baby O (2).jpg

Can we talk about all the goodness in this picture?

We have a mewing floof. Ginger, no less!

PINK toe beans!

Fuzzy baby head.

Om nom nom-able baby cheeks.

And baby knuckle dimples of innocence.

My day has been made.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@VooDooChild I couldn't block her whole face out because of those cheeks.  They are still best friends, but she was lying in the pug's bed today giving her hugs and kisses and saying "love you puggy" over and over which just killed me.  Pug's name is Thicc'n Pugget because we take naming seriously in our house.

• Love 9

It's always so funny to see everyone's interpretations of how they feel about names based on where they live. In in a US South-East Coastal town and know a few Gunnar's, and they're all surfers! 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, LillyP said:

It's always so funny to see everyone's interpretations of how they feel about names based on where they live. In in a US South-East Coastal town and know a few Gunnar's, and they're all surfers! 

But do you know any Gunners? That's the spelling Joy is using.

Yeah, the Gunner spelling makes it look like a person holding the gun. It turns it into a descriptive noun as opposed to Gunnar which visually looks more like a proper name. But with her SOTDRT edumacation, a’s and e’s are no doubt intarchangeable and make no differance to Joy. Joye. Sea what I did there?

I read lots of victorian-esque novels growing up and the name Gunnar sounds like the name of the main character’s footman or some other secondary character who acts as a go-between to pass along the correspondence of a couple involved in a clandestine relationship. 

• Upvote 5

I doubt Joy thought much of e's and a's are interchangeable, and instead chose the spelling that's the most common in her region. It's a terrible name, but I'm not going to fault Joy for the spelling. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

Yep! I just went to do a double check of the ones I know, one spells it Gunnar, the other three all spell it Gunner. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, LillyP said:

Yep! I just went to do a double check of the ones I know, one spells it Gunnar, the other three all spell it Gunner. 

You’ve got me curious about the surfer dude Gunners. Are they gun lovin’ Southern boys or something else? Do you think their parents had a thing for guns or is the name disassociated from the weapon?

24 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

You’ve got me curious about the surfer dude Gunners. Are they gun lovin’ Southern boys or something else? Do you think their parents had a thing for guns or is the name disassociated from the weapon?

One of them is pretty into duck hunting, but otherwise we're a coastal town where the primary focus is surfing and fishing. I think people expect everyone's names to have some deep meaning and sometimes it's nothing more than someone liking a name. My older brother's name came from a soap show my mom used to watch - no special meaning other than she liked it. 🤣 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, marmalade said:

Apparently Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag from The Hills named their son Gunner. My daughter was just talking about them and I looked and they spelled it the same way.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/spencer-pratt-heidi-montag-didnt-leave-sons-side-for-year/

I can’t believe I’ve never come across any Gunners in real life. Nelson was big when I was a kid so I have always known of the name. I know plenty of kids with very country/rustic sounding names. I’ll list some of the rustic or country sounding names of kids I’ve come across in real life that would be a likely sibling to Gunner:

Hunter, Remington, Fisher, Bridger, Steele, Truxton, Recker, Blaise, Colt, Dusty, Buck, Clay.

Aren’t they friends with the fundies that named their poor baby Grit? I hope Joy never goes that rustic.

• Upvote 2