IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

On 5/23/2023 at 1:09 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

If she has another baby after Gunner and names him/her Hunter or Remington, then that confirms there's a new theme going on. 

Gunnar is a perfectly nice Nordic name. "Gunner" is cause for concern.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3

On 5/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Smee said:

Next JinJer will have another and call them Ike or Bambi or something.

Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Zack Wheeler has a daughter named Bambi. God only knows why. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, patsymae said:

Exactly.  They were so close.  Off by one letter.   

• Upvote 1

Does the spelling of Gunnar imply the pronunciation of “Goon ar” instead of “Gunn er”? If so, I can see why they chose the spelling that fits the American pronunciation. If they named him Gunnar and still called him “Gunn er”, I’d still think about guns and gun lovers every time they say his name. Gunner is the more common spelling in the U.S. so it makes sense that way too. I dislike the name in either form if pronounced “Gunn er” and what it represents to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Shannonsnarks said:

I predicted the name hunter which I have a feeling will be a future son name 

Well, at least they could call the future son Nimrod - which would be a biblical name, even though the Duggars don't care as much about Bible names as other fundies do...

• Upvote 3

A few people have mentioned Hunter for the Forsyths for a future son. But I think both Hunter and Hilary will be out in fundie circle forever since they are both crooks and criminals (if and only if you watch right wing conservative media of course). 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Does the spelling of Gunnar imply the pronunciation of “Goon ar” instead of “Gunn er”? If so, I can see why they chose the spelling that fits the American pronunciation. If they named him Gunnar and still called him “Gunn er”, I’d still think about guns and gun lovers every time they say his name. Gunner is the more common spelling in the U.S. so it makes sense that way too. I dislike the name in either form if pronounced “Gunn er” and what it represents to me.

No, it would be the same. 

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

A few people have mentioned Hunter for the Forsyths for a future son. But I think both Hunter and Hilary will be out in fundie circle forever since they are both crooks and criminals (if and only if you watch right wing conservative media of course). 

This one also for JDuggs: my son's name that I mentioned a few days ago means Hunter, though it is not Hunter. 🙂

On 5/29/2023 at 6:17 AM, Anna Bolinas said:

Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Zack Wheeler has a daughter named Bambi. God only knows why. 

Tania with the double barrelled name swedish roots living in Australia with 10 kids also gave some a daughter Bambi as a middle name. Her poor kids all have over the top names though. 

• I Agree 3

On 5/27/2023 at 4:57 PM, xenobia said:

Of course I couldn't help myself, so I did the math. 

7 M-kids (3 boys, 4 girls)

Joe 2 (1 boy, 1 girl)

Jill 3 (3 boys)

Jessa 4 (2 boys, 2 girls)

Jinger 2 (2 girls)

Joe 3 official, but we all know it's 4 - 1 boy, 2 girls, 1 unknown

Josiah 1 official, but probably 2 or possibly 3 - probably 2 girls, perhaps 1 unknown

Joy 3 (with Gunner) 2 boys 1 girl

Jed 1 (1 boy, soon 1 girl as well)

Jer: 1 (1 girl)

I would say that Josiah probably had another one. They had Bella in 2019. Let's say that Daisy was born in 2021, and that would still give them space for another one early this year. I just don't see any other possibility. I know that Kendra is always pregnant, but my money is on Josiah&Lauren.

The line-up above gives us 27 official grandkids. 13 boys and 14 girls. Add one more girl (Daisy) to Josiah&Lauren, but still just 13+15 = 28. Add a boy to Joe&Kendra, 14 + 15 =29. Then let's give the last boy to Josiah, a baby brother to Bella and Daisy, born this year. This math would give us 15 + 15 = 30 grandkids. 

Daisy is theorized to be born March 2022 as Josiah and Lauren missed Jer's wedding and then we're seen with a baby in a bucket seat a week later. If she had #3 in early May, that is a little over 13 months apart, not uncommon fundie spacing and there was the registry for baby boy items. 

And yes most of the evidence points to JoKen #4 being a boy (including the photos we have seen). 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 5/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, patsymae said:

I think they probably don't have a clue how it is usually spelled. Then again...... 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they probably don't have a clue how it is usually spelled. Then again...... 

“Usual” is relative, though. I grew up in the US south and have met many people named Gunner (5 I can think of off the top of my head, I’m sure I have interacted with a few more who weren’t significant enough to remember) and have never once met someone who spells it Gunnar. These people were several ages (older than me in school when I was a kid, so in their 30s or 40s now, all the way to a baby born to someone I went to school with just a few weeks ago), so Gunner isn’t exactly a new trend in the South.

But I agree with those who think Joy and Austin’s choice of the name Gunner is likely politically motivated. Barf. 

Edited by Ms. Brightside
  • Upvote 5

On 5/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, JDuggs said:

I'm a Swedish speaker and the name Gunnar wouldn't be connected to guns at all in Swedish in spite of the meaning of the name. I don't think people 70-100 years ago, when Gunnar was a very popular name, thought much about the meaning of names. Gun in Swedish is "pistol". In fact there is a female name, Gun, also, most likely an abbreviation. OT: We have had a theme for our cats' names for close to twenty years which is weapons and explosives. We are absolutely not pro weapons, it was just something that started as a fun thing. It probably wouldn't be a theme that we'd use if we we're Americans, but here in northern Europe the whole issue with weapons/guns and who can possess them is not really an issue. You need to have a license for weapons and can't just walk into a store and buy a gun and that's not something that is questioned. Anyway, one of our cats is named Gun and every time I explain the theme we have for cat names it takes the listener a few seconds before they figure out how the name Gun connects to the theme. The rest of the cats' names are in Swedish, but Gun relates to the theme only when translated into English. We pronounce it in Swedish.

• Upvote 8

Gideon's reaction to his brother's name is literally all of us,

Gideon: I don't want Gunner James, I don't want that 

Joy mentioned that his name was not on their list, but all the names did not seem to suit him, then they found Gunner online and chose it. 

• Haha 13

On 5/29/2023 at 10:33 AM, JDuggs said:

I think calling a kid "Goon ar" in the U.S. would be cruel, even for one that's homeschooled in a bubble. 

This popped up on my suggested page on Insta. I don’t think the quote came from here. I don’t remember chuckling at it. Cruel but true. And yes I do feel a bit mean for being a judgey Mc judgerson. Lol IMG_6036.thumb.png.07428ff4ffa894209a613e6bb4799e7f.png

• Haha 9

Oh ! It's such a redneck dog name. Now that it's in my mind it'll never leave.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

jed jethro and boomer are all redneck dogs I've known

This poor child. "here boy, commere buddy," are gonna happen sooner or later.

I actually know a Gunnar/"Goon-are" so my mind reads it that way at first every time.

How do you "sweet baby" nickname him. "oh Gun Gun, I wuvs you"  that sounds crazy. "Oh Gunny boy, you're so sweet?"

• Upvote 1

Oh! Oh! I know a redneck dog name! Friends of ours had a cousin-Eddie type neighbor and their dog's name was "Lil Shit." We would be on their porch hanging out, and the lady would be at her door screaming "Lil Shit! Lil Shit! Get back here Lil Shit!" Nice dog. Shitty name. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9

On 5/29/2023 at 11:24 AM, zimona said:

Well, at least they could call the future son Nimrod - which would be a biblical name, even though the Duggars don't care as much about Bible names as other fundies do...

Interesting. Well, 8 of the 10 boys have Bible names, and Jackson almost was named Judah. Joshua(fought the battle of Jericho), John-David(the disciple Jesus loved, with the most well-known king), Joseph(twice over Bible name in Old and New Testament), Josiah(one heroic king in Kings and Chronicles), Jedidiah(I think one of the good kings), Jeremiah(the weeping prophet), Jason(there was a Jason in the book of Acts), and James.(John's brother who was martryed, and also Jesus' brother)

Yes, we'll see if any future Duggar grandsons are Nimrod. Hey, maybe those mystery grandsons........

On 6/10/2023 at 12:53 PM, BullyJBG said:

Interesting. Well, 8 of the 10 boys have Bible names, and Jackson almost was named Judah. Joshua(fought the battle of Jericho), John-David(the disciple Jesus loved, with the most well-known king), Joseph(twice over Bible name in Old and New Testament), Josiah(one heroic king in Kings and Chronicles), Jedidiah(I think one of the good kings), Jeremiah(the weeping prophet), Jason(there was a Jason in the book of Acts), and James.(John's brother who was martryed, and also Jesus' brother)

Yes, we'll see if any future Duggar grandsons are Nimrod. Hey, maybe those mystery grandsons........

IIRC, Jackson was going to be named Judah Benjamin. That's the name of the secretary of state and treasurer of the Confederacy.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

On 6/10/2023 at 12:52 PM, fluffernutter said:

Oh! Oh! I know a redneck dog name! Friends of ours had a cousin-Eddie type neighbor and their dog's name was "Lil Shit." We would be on their porch hanging out, and the lady would be at her door screaming "Lil Shit! Lil Shit! Get back here Lil Shit!" Nice dog. Shitty name. 

HA! We briefly had a cat in college (in the dorms) that we named Shitty Kitty. He was a little terror (cute - but a holy terror). Once we got busted for "cat in dorms" we ended up giving him away and he got a more proper cat name.

• Upvote 2

Joy's q&a included mentioned she and austin wanted maybe 4 or 5 kids.

But also that she has been told by friends that you will "feel done" and she doesn't feel that.

She said gunnar's birth and recovery has gone the best. So that seems to mean that she's happier to have more. There was a subtle implication that gideon's and even evy's births and recovery were tough and to keep doing that would be a deterrent  (my interpretation of what she said)

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Joy's q&a included mentioned she and austin wanted maybe 4 or 5 kids.

But also that she has been told by friends that you will "feel done" and she doesn't feel that.

She said gunnar's birth and recovery has gone the best. So that seems to mean that she's happier to have more. There was a subtle implication that gideon's and even evy's births and recovery were tough and to keep doing that would be a deterrent  (my interpretation of what she said)

She said recovery from Giddy's birth was the worst, I presume due to the C-section. She confirmed that Evy was sunny side up, but no other complications. It sounds like Gunner's birth went smoothly. 

• Upvote 5