IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

Wow. That was the most riveting thing I've ever watched. Belongs on Masterpiece Theater. 🙄 Bounce house for Evie's bday and a party with some family members, I know I saw Michelle, maybe Josie, and a sister in law whose name  I don't remember.  The kids dressed up in costumes and Gideon was a police knight or something, but there was a freaky looking symbol on his shield. Anyone know what it was, or just a random drawing? Then, a photo shoot and THE BIG REBRANDING!!!! It's a new opener. Amazing stuff. 

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

Oh man - if new openings were rebrandings Evan would have a rebranding party every 6 months. Oh joy...so ...something. Desperate? Sad?  Ya know there's a lotta days I'm like "I sure wish I could win the lottery and not go back to work" But even if I did I would hope my life wasn't this empty. And sometimes these people make me glad I'm doing a job that actually helps people and hopefully makes a difference.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

…Then, a photo shoot and THE BIG REBRANDING!!!! It's a new opener. Amazing stuff. 

Did they open something new or what is the new opener?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AridityOfHeaven said:

Did they open something new or what is the new opener?

The intro for their YouTube videos. They added the sprog and dressed in matching non-colors.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I’m a bit surprised Austin went along with this photoshoot/video shoot. It just feels like, not Austin at all. Much more like a thing the husbands of Carlin, Alyssa and Erin do. Maybe he did it for Joy, which is good I guess, as he’s been acting rather bad for some time. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Maybe he did it for Joy, which is good I guess, as he’s been acting rather bad for some time. 

He probably went along with it for money. If they stay updated on YouTube that probably equals continued viewers plus gaining viewers. You are right, it absolutely does not seem like Austin at all.

• Upvote 11

27 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I think Joy is trying to "rebrand" Austin, because he came across as a complete ass hole a few weeks ago (and well, usually).

If he lost the beard (which I personally loathe) and adopted his former clean shaven “almost cute “ look, that, imho, would be a better rebrand. I also think that Ben looks much better clean shaven. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I’m sure Austin likes to think of himself as a traditional fundie husband, patriarch stereotype, works for himself, holds right wing views etc (remember that group of awful right wing students they hooked up with a few years ago?) but he likes the luxuries that Joy’s fame and social media brings- the vehicles, the holidays etc, so he may hate it all, he’s not going to stop anytime soon.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Sorry Forsyths and all other family vloggers and most reality tv shows involving minor children, the 8 passengers situation helped me to take a break from people who insist in making money off of their children by putting them on social media and tv.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, clueliss said:

Sorry Forsyths and all other family vloggers and most reality tv shows involving minor children, the 8 passengers situation helped me to take a break from people who insist in making money off of their children by putting them on social media and tv.

when I read the headlines, I came straight over and put her name and the 8passengers in the search bar on here and got nothing.

Is it being discussed or has been discussed somewhere here please?

On 9/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, Idlewild said:

I’m sure Austin likes to think of himself as a traditional fundie husband, patriarch stereotype, works for himself, holds right wing views etc (remember that group of awful right wing students they hooked up with a few years ago?) but he likes the luxuries that Joy’s fame and social media brings- the vehicles, the holidays etc, so he may hate it all, he’s not going to stop anytime soon.

So an attitude rebrand is in order.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I saw where Joy referred to their YouTube "remodel" but I didn't see or hear where she said "rebrand," but I'll admit to not looking at everything or paying that close attention. Her YouTube posts seem to be random ramblings throughout the day or week haphazardly strung together. I don't watch many of hers because it is difficult to pay attention to video drivel.

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

I saw where Joy referred to their YouTube "remodel" but I didn't see or hear where she said "rebrand," but I'll admit to not looking at everything or paying that close attention. Her YouTube posts seem to be random ramblings throughout the day or week haphazardly strung together. I don't watch many of hers because it is difficult to pay attention to video drivel.

She posted a story on Instagram where she referred to the new intro as rebranding. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the most recent video. I did FF through some of it. She seemed like she was trying to hard to sell the "we are having SUCH a great time" theme. They went camping. Kids played. They had a small get together for Michelle's bday. I saw Abbie, Jana, Kendra, Josie, and a few other girls I didn't recognize. Flowers candles crafts then church such a good time such an amazing time blah blah snooze. 

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I hope she IS actually having a good time. She left IBLP. She deserves some happiness. 

Eh, I'm still skeptical about them "leaving IBLP". Just because they aren't paying dues and for curriculum doesn't mean their beliefs, attitudes, and childrearing have changed much. I wouldn't want to be around them. I hope they are happy because everyone deserves to be happy, but they sure seem to have a lot of hateful beliefs for people who claim to be happy. 

This morning Great Value Camo Carlin treated us to photos of a diaper blowout. Thank you, just what I always wanted 🤢

Edited by HumbleJillyMuffin
  • Upvote 13

11 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Eh, I'm still skeptical about them "leaving IBLP". Just because they aren't paying dues and for curriculum doesn't mean their beliefs, attitudes, and childrearing have changed much. I wouldn't want to be around them. I hope they are happy because everyone deserves to be happy, but they sure seem to have a lot of hateful beliefs for people who claim to be happy. 

This morning Great Value Camo Carlin treated us to photos of a diaper blowout. Thank you, just what I always wanted 🤢

Agreed. Leaving the cult is a good first step but there also has to be “disentanglement” (to use a favorite term of multiple Duggars) beyond simply leaving. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I love the GV Camo Carlin description!! Lol

Yes, it’s easy enough to make it sound like you’re distancing yourself from IBLP by saying you left it while still holding to its cultish religious beliefs. It’s like the recent “rebranding” Joy professed with her blog or youtube thing or whatever where all she did was redo the intro. Nothing was really different. With the Shiny Happy People expose, IBLP has a much more unfavorable presence in the media, not good for their “channels” to be associated with—they could lose money and sponsorships!

Wouldn’t surprise me if a few minor adjustments are made and the Institute for Basic Life Principles is “rebranded” as something else with a different name and acronym. I plugged in the words to the Thesaurus app and come up with  “Academy for Traditional Vital Truths”. ATVT. In this one, women can wear pants! And no blanket training! Joyfully available submission still required.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, HereticHick said:

I don't think Spurgeon will ever be dethroned.

But Gunner Forsyth and Ryker Cruise Bates are definitely going to party together at Lake of the Ozarks and get in a fight with (or engaged to) one of my distant cousins

On 5/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, HereticHick said:

I don't think Spurgeon will ever be dethroned.

But Gunner Forsyth and Ryker Cruise Bates are definitely going to party together at Lake of the Ozarks and get in a fight with (or engaged to) one of my distant cousins

When ever Spurgeon name comes up. I think of the song Like Virgin. Only using Spurgeon instead. Good thing Jessa and Ben’s son is homeschooled.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

7 hours ago, Barbie 50 said:

When ever Spurgeon name comes up. I think of the song Like Virgin. Only using Spurgeon instead.

I often do the very same thing. In fact, I just did while reading your post and realized I was singing Weird Al's  "Like a Surgeon" and knew more lyrics to that than to the actual song.

Edited by Bobology
typo
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I have a weird suspicion that Ben nicknamed his willie "Spurgeon".

Well now I have something to talk about in therapy tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13