IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

I think George would have been perfect… fits with the boy G theme if that’s what they’re going for, and also works well with the names in general

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I went to confirm my suspicion that former reality tv stars Spencer and Heidi Montag (MTV’s “The Hills”) had a son named Gunner, and look what I found to my surprise! 

IMG_9763.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25

38 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I went to confirm my suspicion that former reality tv stars Spencer and Heidi Montag (MTV’s “The Hills”) had a son named Gunner, and look what I found to my surprise! 

IMG_9763.png

Who knew that Joy and Lydia were fans of The Hills? Do we think they did eeneie meenie miney moe to see who gets Gunner and who gets Ryker , lol

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Haha 13

29 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Who knew that Joy and Lydia were fans of The Hills? Do we think they did eeneie meenie miney moe to see who gets Gunner and who gets Ryker , lol

I mean, my cousin once removed learned English by watching Dark Shadows.
Maybe that's how Lydia learned English?

• Haha 2

On 5/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's might be used in both families, but it's certainly a Duggar name. The Duggars have been using James as first for many generations, and Josh's middle name is James.

To clarify…didn’t Joy say they were using James as a middle name to honor Austin’s grandfather? father? Uncle? I do not recall her mentioning anyone in her own family in reference to the name-

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

To clarify…didn’t Joy say they were using James as a middle name to honor Austin’s grandfather? father? Uncle? I do not recall her mentioning anyone in her own family in reference to the name-

Yeah it's for Austin's grandfather 

• Thank You 1

On 5/22/2023 at 8:36 AM, HereticHick said:

I don't think Spurgeon will ever be dethroned.

But Gunner Forsyth and Ryker Cruise Bates are definitely going to party together at Lake of the Ozarks and get in a fight with (or engaged to) one of my distant cousins

I think the Name for new baby Forsyth is horrible

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 5/22/2023 at 5:43 AM, AprilQuilt said:

I'd be fine with Gunner (prefer Gunnar but nbd) if it weren't for the fact they leave actual guns lying around their house. Are they still associated with that very right-wing libertarian type group... I can't remember its name, sorry?

As a person from the UK I really struggle with the politicisation of guns. I have no issue with them being used for hunting to feed yourself, and as part of a rural/outdoorsy lifestyle they obviously have a role (I have family both here and in the US who own guns and hunt). And responsible gun owners generally appreciate that there are restrictions on owning/buying them which are part and parcel of other elements of responsible gun ownership, eg storing them safely, maintaining them etc. But the concept of 'no I need this in case I have to murder someone or join a militia and I'm going to make that a core element of my personality' is deeply unpleasant and weird to me. In that sense, naming a child Gunner is not neutral - feels like using his name for a statement which is very weird.

Yep. I'm an American - and my dad carried a weapon for work every day. And I don't get it. I understand that it's for hunting, my husband enjoys shooting clay pigeons too - as a hobby - but the idea that you NEED to carry a gun to the grocery store "just in case something happens" (which is what my dad used to claim, post retirement, right in the middle of his Fox watching days) - just baffles. 

• Upvote 13

50 minutes ago, nst said:

I think the Name for new baby Forsyth is horrible

If she has another baby after Gunner and names him/her Hunter or Remington, then that confirms there's a new theme going on. 

• Upvote 5

On 5/23/2023 at 2:27 AM, SassyPants said:

I think most of us can remember where we were when we heard his name. It was a true WTF moment.

Spurgeon just screams, “my 20 YO, pseudo- religious zealot with zero life experience dad, named me.” 

I remember there being a thing about Ben’s sister “accidentally announcing” or leaking the name and I can’t remember what it was but it was something perfectly respectable like Gabriel. So then when they announced SPURGEON there was speculation that it was a last minute name change for the sake of making an exclusive (paid) media announcement. I quite like all Jessa’s other kids names, and I like Elliott, so I do think whether it was planned all along or not, there’s probably some secret name regret about Spurgeon.

Gideon, Annabell and Evelyn were a nice set of names until this. Gunner is bad, and a deviation in style. I’ve been surprised by quite a few names  lately. Next JinJer will have another and call them Ike or Bambi or something.

• Upvote 2

I can totally see Jessa liking Gabriel as a name. But strangely enough I can't imagine Spurgeon as anything other than Spurgeon/Spurge at this point. Good thing he seems like a confident extroverted sort of fellow who hopefully will be ok proclaiming to the world. Yeah my name is weird, what of it?

I didn't love Joy's other kids' names but they were ok-ish and not worthy of much comment. But Gunner will get eye rolls from me for awhile.

• Upvote 2

On 5/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, HereticHick said:

I don't think Spurgeon will ever be dethroned.

But Gunner Forsyth and Ryker Cruise Bates are definitely going to party together at Lake of the Ozarks and get in a fight with (or engaged to) one of my distant cousins

one of the girls in my class at school has a younger brother named Ryker

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:23 AM, SassyPants said:

She did. They promised Austin's grandfather they would use it. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the new video. One interesting thing: 

Austin asks JB: "So what is this one... the thirtyeth...?"

JB: "Yeah, there's fifteen girls and now fifteen boys. So Jed and Kateys are going to be the tiebreaker".

So... I can't do the math, but we're missing some babies here. 

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I just got done with the video too. J'chelle looks really good, not having a baby every 11 months agrees with her. Jim Boob is as gross as ever, just all about how many grandkids and then he said a long prayer, couldn't hear it thankfully. One of the younger sisters was there, I think Johannah. 🤷‍♀️ Not much else to say other than what @xenobia said about the 30 grandkids 15 of each gender comment.

• Upvote 3

Of course I couldn't help myself, so I did the math. 

7 M-kids (3 boys, 4 girls)

Joe 2 (1 boy, 1 girl)

Jill 3 (3 boys)

Jessa 4 (2 boys, 2 girls)

Jinger 2 (2 girls)

Joe 3 official, but we all know it's 4 - 1 boy, 2 girls, 1 unknown

Josiah 1 official, but probably 2 or possibly 3 - probably 2 girls, perhaps 1 unknown

Joy 3 (with Gunner) 2 boys 1 girl

Jed 1 (1 boy, soon 1 girl as well)

Jer: 1 (1 girl)

I would say that Josiah probably had another one. They had Bella in 2019. Let's say that Daisy was born in 2021, and that would still give them space for another one early this year. I just don't see any other possibility. I know that Kendra is always pregnant, but my money is on Josiah&Lauren.

The line-up above gives us 27 official grandkids. 13 boys and 14 girls. Add one more girl (Daisy) to Josiah&Lauren, but still just 13+15 = 28. Add a boy to Joe&Kendra, 14 + 15 =29. Then let's give the last boy to Josiah, a baby brother to Bella and Daisy, born this year. This math would give us 15 + 15 = 30 grandkids. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

Thank God JB is all about keeping score! I’m pretty impressed about how Joe and Josiah have been able to keep their families under the radar.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Of course I couldn't help myself, so I did the math. 

7 M-kids (3 boys, 4 girls)

Joe 2 (1 boy, 1 girl)

Jill 3 (3 boys)

Jessa 4 (2 boys, 2 girls)

Jinger 2 (2 girls)

Joe 3 official, but we all know it's 4 - 1 boy, 2 girls, 1 unknown

Josiah 1 official, but probably 2 or possibly 3 - probably 2 girls, perhaps 1 unknown

Joy 3 (with Gunner) 2 boys 1 girl

Jed 1 (1 boy, soon 1 girl as well)

Jer: 1 (1 girl)

I would say that Josiah probably had another one. They had Bella in 2019. Let's say that Daisy was born in 2021, and that would still give them space for another one early this year. I just don't see any other possibility. I know that Kendra is always pregnant, but my money is on Josiah&Lauren.

The line-up above gives us 27 official grandkids. 13 boys and 14 girls. Add one more girl (Daisy) to Josiah&Lauren, but still just 13+15 = 28. Add a boy to Joe&Kendra, 14 + 15 =29. Then let's give the last boy to Josiah, a baby brother to Bella and Daisy, born this year. This math would give us 15 + 15 = 30 grandkids. 

I'm voting that Lauren had another baby too, it's the only thing that makes sense. There was a (now deleted) Amazon Baby Registry found under Lauren's name with a due date of May 3rd too, but it wasn't known if it was THE Lauren Duggar. The address was also for a Josiah Duggar too. Not sure how many Lauren Duggars there are in Rogers, Arkansas that are connected to Josiah Duggars..

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
Extra info
  • Upvote 5

We know Josiah has at least a second one. A girl named Daisy. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2023 at 9:59 AM, indianabones said:

Gunner, to me, is a name for dogs. Not people.

My friend's 17-year-old grandson is Gunner, so the name has been popular in some circles for a whole. Other G names include Gabriel, Gregg, Galen, George, Geoff,  and I suppose Gilligan.

Could it be that Claire (of Justin) had a baby and her mother was somehow able to keep it under wraps?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

My friend's 17-year-old grandson is Gunner, so the name has been popular in some circles for a whole. Other G names include Gabriel, Gregg, Galen, George, Geoff,  and I suppose Gilligan.

I have never met a Gilligan in my life. Gilligan was his last name on Gilligan's Island and his first name was Willie.

Other G- names include Gideon and Gus.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Could it be that Claire (of Justin) had a baby and her mother was somehow able to keep it under wraps?

Rufus I hope not! Fortunately I doubt Hillary would be able to contain herself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Rufus I hope not! Fortunately I doubt Hillary would be able to contain herself. 

While I agree that Hillary would be unlikely to keep quiet, they’ve been married a couple of years now so in fundieland it’s actually surprising that there HASN’T been a baby, or at least a pregnancy announcement. I remember when we were impressed with JinJer for making it to their 1 year anniversary before procreating.

• Upvote 3