IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Forsyths are on an RV trip with Jed and Katey to Yellowstone. Where do they get the energy to do this with new babies? The RV had a few problems along the way. This doesn’t sound like a vacation to me at all.

A road trip with two toddlers and two newborns to Yellowstone during high season sounds like my own personal hell.

Let's just hope they don't pose the kids next to a thermal vent or try to pet a bison.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

I think to joy breaking down in an rv is not unusual.

And I think for many rv owners it's not unusual from what I hear.

They didn't seem too perturbed by it.

Why they need two huge rvs to haul a trailer of large ATVs along with several small children...? That was confusing. Are the husbands going to be off roading a great deal while the wives sit in rv park/camp ground minding very small children? Enough to pay the extra fuel costs to haul them? Plus the extra strain on a very large RV?

Why not take 1 rv and 1 van. Then the rv can be parked but the van can be used to sight see or run errands or whatever?

also taking multiple small children to a very busy park with lots of dangerous wildlife and literal boiling holes in the ground? Hard pass.

• Upvote 6

I think umbilical hernias are pretty common in infants.  My daughter had one and they were very cavalier about it.  Her appointments also got off schedule pretty quickly because of how busy doctor offices are, so unless Joy explicitly said she opted not to schedule it, this is probably not a big deal.

She has lots of examples of poor choices we can draw from, though, like riding an RV while big pregnant.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I think umbilical hernias are pretty common in infants.  My daughter had one and they were very cavalier about it.  Her appointments also got off schedule pretty quickly because of how busy doctor offices are, so unless Joy explicitly said she opted not to schedule it, this is probably not a big deal.

She has lots of examples of poor choices we can draw from, though, like riding an RV while big pregnant.

Common, yes. Always benign? Absolutely not. Joy expressed concern about not knowing the severity and still did not move forward on getting the baby seen sooner rather than delaying the appointment. Did she mention the hernia and concerns when making the appointment? Was the appointment made prior to discovering the hernia, and if so, did Joy call back to let the office know and request an earlier appointment? I guess we’ll never know.

This follows a pattern of safety being of little concern.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I think to joy breaking down in an rv is not unusual.

And I think for many rv owners it's not unusual from what I hear.

They didn't seem too perturbed by it.

Why they need two huge rvs to haul a trailer of large ATVs along with several small children...? That was confusing. Are the husbands going to be off roading a great deal while the wives sit in rv park/camp ground minding very small children? Enough to pay the extra fuel costs to haul them? Plus the extra strain on a very large RV?

Why not take 1 rv and 1 van. Then the rv can be parked but the van can be used to sight see or run errands or whatever?

also taking multiple small children to a very busy park with lots of dangerous wildlife and literal boiling holes in the ground? Hard pass.

I'm pretty sure they've shown small kids sitting on a parent's lap on an ATV?? Or maybe I'm thinking kids untethered in the back of a pickup truck. Or both!

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

On 6/27/2023 at 10:38 PM, anjulibai said:

I think name meanings are important, and I would never name my child something I wasn't okay with the meaning of, or at least wasn't the name of a family member I wanted to honor. For example, I like the sound of the name Portia, but it means pig, so that would be a no. 

To be honest, it's only really in more modern times, and, it seems in the West, that we don't choose names with regard for their meanings. Most of history that was an important part, which is why names have meanings to begin with. 

But the meaning of the name as a word (I don't know how else to say it) is different from the meaning it holds in a current culture, at least in the West, which is where I live. Names have current, or relatively current, associations with class, ethnicity, region, generations, etc. And historical associations. James and Robert may have "meanings," but James Robert Winthrop IV and Jim Bob Duggar give completely different signals. 

According to The Bump, the name Mary can mean Star of the sea; Bitterness; Beloved; pretty wide set of meanings there. 

Margaret is supposedly from the Greek meaning Pearl, but in Spanish it means daisy. And depending where you live, Margaret, Pearl and Daisy could have completely different associations.

I named my son Ian but nobody in the hospital could pronounce it ( a few years later there were Ians all over the place.) I looked at him and he looked like a Jesse, which was not a common name for males in my area at the time. I had no idea Jesse was the father of King David. I also was surprised when my Filipino doctor expressed delight that I had a boy on Christmas Day and named him Jesus.

Somebody came to the door and I lost my train of thought here

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you watched the yellowstone trip vlogs?  I had a vague notion of one day going to yellowstone. But wow. It looks so amazing even in Joy's haphazard filming.  Either she filmed around it or there weren't the sort of crowds I expected to see. There were crowds in the town but the nature areas didn't seem overly full of people in the background.

Looks like they were in a small crowd waiting for old faithful. They went at sunset and it looked so beautiful. I've not traveled since before covid and will not be traveling any time soon unless I win the lottery I don't play. I'm feeling some envy I won't lie.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Looks like they were in a small crowd waiting for old faithful. They went at sunset and it looked so beautiful. I've not traveled since before covid and will not be traveling any time soon unless I win the lottery I don't play. I'm feeling some envy I won't lie.

When we went we also went to Old Faithful late in the day and thought the crowd was very manageable.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

We've visited Yellowstone a few times now. It is one of my favorite National Parks and my FIL lived about an hour's drive from it so we would go when we were visiting him. Since COVID, the park has had a lot more traffic, particularly at the entrance, but occasionally you'll run into places in the park that have traffic backed up, usually because people are looking for a place to park or there is wildlife on the road/by the road that everyone wants to see. Old Faithful draws a crowd but it isn't uncomfortably tight and there are places you can see for a bit further away. My FIL passed away and we have sold his house so we are unlikely to visit again anytime real soon which is a bummer, but I would go back if we are ever in the area again. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12413001/Joy-Anna-Duggars-husband-Austin-Forsyth-slammed-demeaning-exhausted-mom-three-grilling-pastors-message-church-run-ragged-fussy-newborn.html

Well this is not Famy spreading her sunshiney word of jesus... 

Austin is in the shit lol 

Fair, it is only DAily FaIL

edit to add and they mention WOACB lol

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I watched the video. Austin was very condescending. Not a good look. Poor Joy was about to drop from exhaustion, and he kept grilling her. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 2

17 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Austin comes across as a jerk a lot. Joy Anna deserved better. 

Tbf I don’t watch too much of them but I’ve never seen a clip of him where he was anything but an asshole to her. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Austin comes across as a jerk a lot. Joy Anna deserved better. 

I agree. I though he seemed like a jerk from the beginning. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I just watched that clip of the video (and a few other parts) and it seems like he enjoys teasing her and she takes it in stride.  I have no trouble imagining everyone in the cult and especially all the men are jerks, I just get primarily awkward-on-camera and teasing/sarcastic vibe from him every time I've seen the clips.  They still seem like they could be one of the better matched couples, but of course it's impossible to know if she's just acting like she doesn't mind on camera and it's eating her away inside.

She looked exhausted, though.  Hope she gets some good sleep soon.

• Upvote 4

Watching the latest video. I knew that Austin had 2 half siblings that are like 10 years or more older than him and that they had kids but I didn't realize that one of those kids was old enough to be a teacher. I figured the kids from his older siblings would be in their teens at the most.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Watching the latest video. I knew that Austin had 2 half siblings that are like 10 years or more older than him and that they had kids but I didn't realize that one of those kids was old enough to be a teacher. I figured the kids from his older siblings would be in their teens at the most.

His older half siblings were born in 1980 and 1982 so they are old enough to have a 22 year old child. Although I just looked and the oldest is only about to turn 21. That’s young for teaching. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Rio said:

Austin. Just stopping off to be mean to his wife, on his way to the barber.

Did they shave his wretched beard? Does Joy get to criticize it like he did when she cut her hair?

• Upvote 9

On 8/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

His older half siblings were born in 1980 and 1982 so they are old enough to have a 22 year old child. Although I just looked and the oldest is only about to turn 21. That’s young for teaching. 

It is young but not unheard of. Last year one of the new teachers at the school I work at didn't turn 21 until after the school year had started. We found out when she mentioned it when were ordering drinks at the before school starts happy hour. She had just graduated from college the prior spring, finished her degree in 3 1/2 years since she had dual enrollment credits and was a summer birthday. 2 of our other first year teachers this year are also just 21. My own daughter is expected to finish her master's program only 4 months after she turns 22. I think the amount of kids taking college classes while in high school is really speeding up the college process for some.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

It is young but not unheard of. Last year one of the new teachers at the school I work at didn't turn 21 until after the school year had started. We found out when she mentioned it when were ordering drinks at the before school starts happy hour. She had just graduated from college the prior spring, finished her degree in 3 1/2 years since she had dual enrollment credits and was a summer birthday. 2 of our other first year teachers this year are also just 21. My own daughter is expected to finish her master's program only 4 months after she turns 22. I think the amount of kids taking college classes while in high school is really speeding up the college process for some.

That’s good. Maybe it will get more young people into teaching. I don’t think someone that young should teach high school, but for elementary it would be wonderful to get some idealistic, energetic new teachers. My daughter is a teacher and in our area it’s been really tough to find new teachers. Many mid-career folks, but the older teachers, and anyone with any $$ alternatives,  left during Covid if at all possible, and very few new teachers coming out of school. They’ve had a horrible time hiring ( extra high-cost area) and the schools are stuck with some really awful make do options and burnt out subs. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Joy has asked everyone to go to YouTube tomorrow at 2 (I guess local time) to see how they're rebranding. 

I didn't realize they had a brand to begin with. 🙄

Edited by marmalade
Autofill got me
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 11

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

Joy has asked everyone to go to YouTube tomorrow at 2 (I guess local time) to see how they're rebranding. 

I didn't realize they had a brand to begin with. 🙄

I saw the photo attached to the announcement. Austin smiling big sitting next to Joy as they look at a computer screen. Makes me think they want to do an Austin make over where he doesn’t come across as the annoyed, disinterested husband. Who knows. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3