IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

Thinking about Lawson & Tiffany's current trip, I've been tallying up the trips that the Bates family may expect to do each year:

1Travel to I love you day 

2. Your (adult) birthday trip

3.  Your spouse's birthday trip

4. Anniversary trip

5. (Close) Family vacation, with professional photo session

6. (Extended) Family vacation, with professional photo session

7. Visit to Grandparents in SC (sometimes at Thanksgiving)

8. Picking out wedding dresses

9. Bridal showers

10. Bachelor/bachelorette weekend

11. Weddings

12. Baby showers

13. Babymoons

14. Possible Christmas visit to other family members

15. Niece/nephew birthdays

16. Possible Crown college graduation

17. Funerals

What did I miss?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Thinking about Lawson & Tiffany's current trip, I've been tallying up the trips that the Bates family may expect to do each year:

Just thinking about all these trips is exhausting to me. But then again, I have an actual job to go to.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

4. Anniversary trip

9. Bridal showers

11. Weddings

12. Baby showers

13. Babymoons

17. Funerals

What did I miss?

I swear Kelly is always traveling. She’s always traveling somewhere for a grandchild’s birthday, baby shower, wedding shower, or just regular vacation. If they never got the show and still lives the poor life they had 20 years ago, she wouldn’t be able to travel to any of these things out of state. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear Kelly is always traveling. She’s always traveling somewhere for a grandchild’s birthday, baby shower, wedding shower, or just regular vacation. If they never got the show and still lives the poor life they had 20 years ago, she wouldn’t be able to travel to any of these things out of state. 

I don't want to travel that much even if I had the time and money.

Clearly she feels no need to homeschool (or teach homemaking skills to ) her remaining children at home. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't want to travel that much even if I had the time and money.

Clearly she feels no need to homeschool (or teach homemaking skills to ) her remaining children at home. 

She hires that out now. Has for years. I wonder when the last year was that she actually homeschooled her kids. 2013 maybe? 

• Upvote 12

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She hires that out now. Has for years. I wonder when the last year was that she actually homeschooled her kids. 2013 maybe? 

It was definitely before Carlin got engaged. She was paid to teach the little kids. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

It was definitely before Carlin got engaged. She was paid to teach the little kids. 

And they've had multiple goodly young Crown-college maidens over the years "teaching" the kids

• Upvote 9

On 7/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, HereticHick said:

4. Anniversary trip

9. Bridal showers

11. Weddings

12. Baby showers

13. Babymoons

17. Funerals

What did I miss?

Josie travels to the beach and other destinations a few times a year with Lydia & others to do shoots for her hair clip & hat boutique.

Lydia & Trace seem to travel quite a bit too and she's been on 2 or 3 trips the last 2 months to beaches.

I know BSB has gone to Nashville for photo shoots, plus trips to buy merchandise.

They certainly travel more than most. Not having real jobs certainly gives them lots of leisure time. Though some of the finances puzzle me!

Does Lawson work at all? Lydia is a photographer, but, haven't seen her talking/showing many jobs since getting PG and Trace renovates, but, haven't seen any outside job postings from him lately either. Lots of frisbee, football, trips, beaches and baby stuff.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

Speaking of trips: Isaiah is in the Philippines with Nathan and Esther. 

63772953-267B-4A05-A00B-AA7558648C3C_1_201_a.jpeg

I wonder if Isaiah will join Medic corps. His two older brothers close in age to him don’t seem that interested. I always saw Isaiah as one of the few bates boys who is not a show off and not completely obsessed with himself. Too bad he can’t go to a regular college and learn to be something helpful. Like a nurse or a doctor and work in a hospital here in the US. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Isaiah will join Medic corps. His two older brothers close in age to him don’t seem that interested. I always saw Isaiah as one of the few bates boys who is not a show off and not completely obsessed with himself. Too bad he can’t go to a regular college and learn to be something helpful. Like a nurse or a doctor and work in a hospital here in the US. 

From what I remember of Isaiah on BSB, he always seemed to keep to himself more, had a smile on his face and enjoyed the filmed restaurant trips, especially the buffet ones.  Seemed like a nice kid.       

• Upvote 6

"Friends sweetly showing their love to Isaiah through prayer and gifts."

Translation~ Welcome to grifting, Isaiah. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Do they all do a mission trip? I don't remember the others doing this. I guess Nathan and Lawson were always running off playing Medicorps but I don't remember them sending off the others. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do they all do a mission trip? I don't remember the others doing this. I guess Nathan and Lawson were always running off playing Medicorps but I don't remember them sending off the others. 

No. The girls traveled when teens overseas with Gothard. I think they called it a mission. And then the boys did all their medic corps stuff. But it’s not required by the Bateses. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:10 PM, BeccaGrim said:

The older girls through the middle girls (Josie/Katie) have been on several, including mission trips to Peru and Romania with Gothard and to Mexico (because Josie wanted to display pictures in the shared room and Carlin said no because she didn't like how her hair looked). 

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:16 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Phhhh who is ignoring Warden I wonder IMG_6758.thumb.png.e4f3e84dd0f281af3ae3d2fdf47701ad.png

He can't even be arsed to crop out the fucking sink lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

He can't even be arsed to crop out the fucking sink lol.

I think the bathroom mirror selfie is an aesthetic.  I've seen so, so many.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I take some occasionally to share just with my sisters and even there I make sure the toilet isn’t visible. And we use the toilet in front of each other IRL. Not how I would share a photo with strangers… 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Lol, I took weekly bump pics while pregnant and the best way to do it was in the bathroom mirror. If I was feeling particularly energetic, I would crop out the sink… hahahaha 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a wedding coming up right?  And aren't the girls--Addallee and Ellie getting to the age Josie was when she got engaged to Kelton? 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

There's a wedding coming up right?  And aren't the girls--Addallee and Ellie getting to the age Josie was when she got engaged to Kelton? 

Jodie was 16 when she met Kelton but didn't want to get serious at that age and they spent about a year or so of no contact before they resumed getting to know you. She was at least 18 when she got engaged. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JMO said:

17 and 16

So we might start to see some fellas around soon.. sad face 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic