IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

35 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

That’s Isaiah who graduated. Jackson is working down in Florida.

I don't understand why the Bates bother with these 1 year bible programs, unless its to give the kid a change to meet a like-minded future spouse. If Isiah was in one of Crown's trade programs, like welding or auto technology, he'd  already be halfway thru to a degree in a high-demand field and he would have to take a bunch of bible courses anyway.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't understand why the Bates bother with these 1 year bible programs, unless its to give the kid a change to meet a like-minded future spouse. If Isiah was in one of Crown's trade programs, like welding or auto technology, he'd  already be halfway thru to a degree in a high-demand field and he would have to take a bunch of bible courses anyway.

I think it just makes Kelly feel better about not letting them go to a real college. I wouldn’t be surprised if Isaiah was interested in attending an actual college. And this is what Gil and Kelly allow. They can say, “see! You got to go to college!” Right. It’s just the same…

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

That’s Isaiah who graduated. Jackson is working down in Florida.

Yes sorry i meant Isaiah. For some reason i mix those two all the time.

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

Yes sorry i meant Isaiah. For some reason i mix those two all the time.

Warden, Jackson, and Isaiah were always lumped together on the show when they were younger. It’s easy to get them mixed up. 

• Upvote 9

Carlin has a story where she, Evan and Warden are on a walk with the kids and Warden is shirtless in a pair of gym shorts polishing Layla down the street and I was just thinking how different rules are for him than his sisters.

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin has a story where she, Evan and Warden are on a walk with the kids and Warden is shirtless in a pair of gym shorts polishing Layla down the street and I was just thinking how different rules are for him than his sisters.

All fundie families having ridiculous double standards for daughters vs sons because it’s all based in patriarchy. However I will say some families are more extreme than others. And the Bateses are one of those extreme families. It’s disgusting.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

How nervous do we think Gil and Kelly are about the very soon to be streaming Amazon documentary. It does seem that the focus will mainly be on the Duggar’s but the only reason the Bates ascended into any sort of limelight was on their coattails, not sure how they could remotely spin it otherwise. 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, BennettLeland said:

How nervous do we think Gil and Kelly are about the very soon to be streaming Amazon documentary. It does seem that the focus will mainly be on the Duggar’s but the only reason the Bates ascended into any sort of limelight was on their coattails, not sure how they could remotely spin it otherwise. 

Gil’s worry is most likely the negative light IBLP will be shown in. These folks can easily distance themselves from Gothard because he was kicked out. But if the doc focuses on the fact that the cult has gone on without Gothard and very few changes have been made, it can make them look very bad. I’m sure the same people will keep going to family camp and ALERT. But just giving the general public the knowledge of what goes on in this cult is important. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gil’s worry is most likely the negative light IBLP will be shown in. These folks can easily distance themselves from Gothard because he was kicked out. But if the doc focuses on the fact that the cult has gone on without Gothard and very few changes have been made, it can make them look very bad. I’m sure the same people will keep going to family camp and ALERT. But just giving the general public the knowledge of what goes on in this cult is important. 

And since the beliefs they follow by affiliating with these sorts of groups are so anti-21st century living, surviving, contributing to community, they readily turn off more educated and modern thinkers, so aside from mass reproduction it is already hard to “grow their number$”. Once this documentary drops, it will be even harder for them to attract new members. Churches are above all else, bu$ine$$e$.

• Upvote 3

I hope it opens the eyes of the people who follow them all on YouTube and SM. I am going to sound petty and mean but it really irks me how most of them make their livings shilling shit and having fans follow them. Ew. Let them actually face needing to, I dunno, acquire a skill? get a job? Stop jet-setting around the world because they are expected at a job? I thought losing the show would hurt their "brand" but it hasn't seemed to slow any of it down.

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I'm disappointed the documentary allegedly won't talk more about IBLP and it's other members. Gil Bates and Dr. Charles Paine both deserve to be mentioned as long-time board members. Theoretically it's all about the Duggars.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm disappointed the documentary allegedly won't talk more about IBLP and it's other members. Gil Bates and Dr. Charles Paine both deserve to be mentioned as long-time board members. Theoretically it's all about the Duggars.

Yes!  Dr Paine and his goddamned granola bar!  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

On 5/25/2023 at 7:30 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Yes!  Dr Paine and his goddamned granola bar!  

What is this about his granola bar? Did he make a special one?

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What is this about his granola bar? Did he make a special one?

Didn't someone report CSA to him and he ignored them, offering them a granola bar? I can't remember the exact context. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

Warden posted a congrats to a girl named Madyson Faith for graduating high school. I’m guessing he’s interested in her. She looks completely mainstream in her bikinis, cheerleading and attending a public high school.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Warden posted a congrats to a girl named Madyson Faith for graduating high school. I’m guessing he’s interested in her. She looks completely mainstream in her bikinis, cheerleading and attending a public high school.

Shades of Michelle Duggar.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He seems to be interested in lots of girls!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, llucie said:

He seems to be interested in lots of girls!

Honestly, most 20 year old guys are. I hope he doesn't get married anytime soon and just dates girls he’s interested in. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I  have so many mixed feelings about Warden. On one hand, a lot of what he posts and the people he follows (like the Tate brothers) is gross but I also kinda like that he seems to have zero F's to give and does his own thing. 

Like during Trace and Lydia's pregnancy reveal, he just kept packing his stuff to leave, didn't even glance back 😂

So, I think he has abhorrent beliefs and is definitely a toxic dudebro in the making but I am also not sure he is drinking the family kool-aid. 

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I  have so many mixed feelings about Warden. On one hand, a lot of what he posts and the people he follows (like the Tate brothers) is gross but I also kinda like that he seems to have zero F's to give and does his own thing. 

Like during Trace and Lydia's pregnancy reveal, he just kept packing his stuff to leave, didn't even glance back 😂

So, I think he has abhorrent beliefs and is definitely a toxic dudebro in the making but I am also not sure he is drinking the family kool-aid. 

It was dissapointing to see his like on Jackson homophobic target post. With fundie raised kids i usually feel some level of sympathy since they have been brainwashed since childhood and i know growing out of that is a process and it is dificult, but i cant stop feeling the hypocrysy when a person like Warden seems to not be following the fundie rules in his own life but still feels like he can judge others based on those rules.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, gobucks said:

Didn't someone report CSA to him and he ignored them, offering them a granola bar? I can't remember the exact context. 

He told her she was probably imagining things because of low blood sugar, and suggested eating a granola bar.

• Disgust 8
  • Thank You 1

On 6/1/2023 at 6:19 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

But did she mow the grass in a bikini and defraud the neighborhood?

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So at least one episode of the lost season is now up on Tubi. 

Is Tubi free? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic