IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

So we might start to see some fellas around soon.. sad face 

It wouldn’t surprise me. Most of the Bates girls started “getting to know” boys pretty young. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 8/12/2023 at 10:01 AM, JMO said:

Jodie was 16 when she met Kelton but didn't want to get serious at that age and they spent about a year or so of no contact before they resumed getting to know you. She was at least 18 when she got engaged. 

Josie was 14/15 when she met Kelton and then they went no contact and met again when Josie was 17.  They announced they were dating a week after her 18th birthday and began courting a few months later and then they were engaged a few months before her 19th birthday. Kelton locked her down early. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

All of the girls got married between the ages of 19-22 except for Michael who had to wait around for Brandon. So a lot of their relationships actually started when the girls were in their late teens. That’s why it wouldn’t surprise me if Allie or Ellie started getting to know a guy when they are 18/19.

• Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All of the girls got married between the ages of 19-22 except for Michael who had to wait around for Brandon. So a lot of their relationships actually started when the girls were in their late teens. That’s why it wouldn’t surprise me if Allie or Ellie started getting to know a guy when they are 18/19.

Maybe with the house being easier aka less people more money older more lax parents and the plenty of trips the girls take, they may not be in such a rush to get out.... 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe with the house being easier aka less people more money older more lax parents and the plenty of trips the girls take, they may not be in such a rush to get out.... 

They are lucky they didn’t have to be a sister mom to a ton of little kids in a cramped old house and homemade prairie dresses. But they also might want to rush into love and being a princess for a day. Sometimes I think that’s what some of these young fundies want. They get to have showers thrown for them, with a day where they can dress up and be the center of attention for once, and finally get to have sex with their boyfriend. Sometimes I wonder if they even think that much about the marriage and babies that seem to come right away. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I was pretty surprised to see one of the Bates sisters advertising “Slotomania” on their instagram stories this week. Isn’t that what they would consider gambling?

I wish I’d taken a screenshot, because I can’t remember who it was. I’d have to say either Carlin or Josie or Katie (they’re all so interchangeable with their beige aesthetic), but I’m not sure. Did anyone else see that?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

It was Carlin. She posted that they played it for relaxation after the kids went to bed. 

sweet Baptist baby Jesus! there are plenty of computer games she could play that aren't gambling themed. Is she really this dense?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

sweet Baptist baby Jesus! there are plenty of computer games she could play that aren't gambling themed. Is she really this dense?

Her husband quit his electrician job to work for her and demanded they buy a Tesla. Plus she has medical bills. I think Carlin is going to take any sponsorship she can. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Carlin advertised Slotomania before and I thought it was really weird too. But I guess it's a quick and easy video and she gets cash. So all the reasons she needs to throw common sense and her "Christian" values out of the window.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3

I think their excuse would be that it’s not real gambling because it doesn’t involve winning real money. It’s a slippery slope in my opinion. For example, I don’t think we’ll see Evan and Carlin out at a bar dancing and drinking mocktails and non-alcoholic beer. What’s the difference between that and pretend gambling?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda OT but I just started reading Jill Duggar's "Counting the Cost". If there are any juicy Bateseseses bits, I'll throw them in here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Kinda OT but I just started reading Jill Duggar's "Counting the Cost". If there are any juicy Bateseseses bits, I'll throw them in here.

I am finding it interesting. I've not found anything Bates related per se, but one thing standing out is the whole poster family for the IBLP. Apparently there was/is a process for choosing the families to be featured that is very much like auditions. Clearly Gil, Kelly, and the children went through that to gain prominence. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I am finding it interesting. I've not found anything Bates related per se, but one thing standing out is the whole poster family for the IBLP. Apparently there was/is a process for choosing the families to be featured that is very much like auditions. Clearly Gil, Kelly, and the children went through that to gain prominence. 

I’m wondering if any Bateses are aware of Jill’s book (or maybe even reading it).

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

I’m wondering if any Bateses are aware of Jill’s book (or maybe even reading it).

I'm sure most if not all are aware. However, most all the children/adults have a lack of self-awareness and don't seem to want to learn anything that might rock their life understanding. So I would be doubtful that they will read it. They will probably settle for snippets and interviews.

• Upvote 10

I think since the Bateses use social media constantly, they know about Jill’s book. And likely have for awhile. They may have been holding their collective breaths hoping it doesn’t somehow make them look bad by association. Since Gil is on the board of IBLP

• Upvote 4

I finished Jill's book today. She did not reference them in it. She talks about going to a big IBLP conference at the arena at the University of Tennessee and being excited to be around people that are smilier to them. I assumed the Bates were at the same conference but that was the only thing that really made me think of their family in terms of the book. I also wonder what kind of info Gil got from JB regarding contracts with networks for filming reality shows and would love to know what crappy deal the Bates' kids got to film. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, gobucks said:

I finished Jill's book today. She did not reference them in it. She talks about going to a big IBLP conference at the arena at the University of Tennessee and being excited to be around people that are smilier to them. I assumed the Bates were at the same conference but that was the only thing that really made me think of their family in terms of the book. I also wonder what kind of info Gil got from JB regarding contracts with networks for filming reality shows and would love to know what crappy deal the Bates' kids got to film. 

Alyssa (and I think maybe one other Katie perhaps?) has mentioned that they (meaning her, Jon, & the girls) got paid. Not sure whether that’s through Gil or the actual production company though. So at least that was something that Gil wasn’t screwing them like JB tried. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Alyssa (and I think maybe one other Katie perhaps?) has mentioned that they (meaning her, Jon, & the girls) got paid. Not sure whether that’s through Gil or the actual production company though. So at least that was something that Gil wasn’t screwing them like JB tried. 

Based on what I know of UP, UP paid the married and other adult children directly. I don't know how the minor children were handled. Gil had some control, but not Jim Bob level control. 

• Upvote 4

I also feel like the Bates would even be less into reading than the Duggars. The only siblings I could imagine reading a book are Michael and Erin but they are too deep in the cult. The ones that are more out there (like maybe Josie of Carlin) I would not imagine reading a book. They might listen to the audiobook in the car?

• Upvote 4

On 9/13/2023 at 5:19 AM, CarrotCake said:

I also feel like the Bates would even be less into reading than the Duggars. The only siblings I could imagine reading a book are Michael and Erin but they are too deep in the cult. The ones that are more out there (like maybe Josie of Carlin) I would not imagine reading a book. They might listen to the audiobook in the car?

Josie reads a fair bit. She has asked for book recommendations several times and has commented that she has read a bunch of business books to help build Effortless Beauty. She and Kelton all so pick a book to read together. I believe Katie was also identified as a big reader by Kelly growing up. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

6 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie reads a fair bit. She has asked for book recommendations several times and has commented that she has read a bunch of business books to help build Effortless Beauty. She and Kelton all so pick a book to read together. I believe Katie was also identified as a big reader by Kelly growing up. 

That wouldn’t surprise me about Josie since she seems to be going her own way. I can’t help but associate a person who loves to read with a person who likes independence. 

Michael would have been more of a reader if she wasn’t Kelly’s literal second parent in the home. She was too busy raising siblings to have any time to read non school books. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic