IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

FYI for anyone looking for the post, Kelly posted it, not Tori/Bobby (sorry, I don't know how to embed IG posts or I'd share). She must be far enough along that it would be obvious in any photos from the wedding, since Tori's MO seems to be not to say anything until forced. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

FYI for anyone looking for the post, Kelly posted it, not Tori/Bobby (sorry, I don't know how to embed IG posts or I'd share). She must be far enough along that it would be obvious in any photos from the wedding, since Tori's MO seems to be not to say anything until forced. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyT4AhqR1Gc/?img_index=2

• Thank You 1

Erin might as well face the fact that T is going to pass her up one of these years.

Also, I can’t help feeling a bit of sadness for M. Her sisters are blessed with 4,5,6 and she can’t even get 1 to stick. It has to be hard for a person whose only worth is tied to procreation.

• Upvote 11

I know people talked before about getting weird vibes from Tori’s husband. I never followed them or kept up with them. But now seeing that pic I totally get it. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Word said:

tori pregnant #5 instagram

Wow that reads like a telegram where you pay by the word 😂

• Haha 24

7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Wow that reads like a telegram where you pay by the word 😂

And their screen name is just “word.” 

I’m dead 🤣💀

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Erin might as well face the fact that T is going to pass her up one of these years.

Also, I can’t help feeling a bit of sadness for M. Her sisters are blessed with 4,5,6 and she can’t even get 1 to stick. It has to be hard for a person whose only worth is tied to procreation.

Honestly, if these were farming families a couple hundred years ago, one of the sisters would hand M a baby and say here, you take this one. You need a kid to help around the house/in the fields.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Honestly, if these were farming families a couple hundred years ago, one of the sisters would hand M a baby and say here, you take this one. You need a kid to help around the house/in the fields.

This happened to my grandmother during the Great Depression. Her parents couldn’t feed all 6 kids and gave her to a childless aunt when she was 2 or 3. The aunt kept her for several years and then sent her back. My poor grandmother had serious abandonment anxiety her whole life after that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 13
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Let me start out by saying I don't think I'll ever stop following and snarking on Jill and Dave. But it's not nearly as amusing as it was a few years ago. Back then Nurie had just gotten married, TimBits had moved home after attempting the school in Wisconsin and Mama allegedly calling him home, the kitchen of the barndo had just been jacked up (or Jillerized), etc. 

Back then we had only seen one child's "failure to launch" in a collegiate setting, we hadn't seen the horrendous "living room addition" to the barndo, we knew deep down that Jill's homeschooling was subpar but maybe, just maybe, there was some hope that these kids (boys, rather) could survive the community or technical college academically (as in, Tim was a one-off).

However in the last three years we've seen nothing to suggest any of these children will have a promising future in terms of being able to support themselves or homeschool their own family. Sam loves carpentry and playing with wood (eek), so why aren't his parents encouraging him to become an apprentice to one of the Amish people Jill adores so much? Why not send him to a vo-tech program? Poor Phillip isn't going to be able to be a missionary in Hungary, bless his heart. The kids are all working on academic skills anywhere from 1-3 years below where they should be. It doesn't look like they've done any early intervention for Janessa, to get her up to speed if needed. 

And Jill has gotten worse in the meantime. I'm very sympathetic to someone who has a parent with serious health problems, but the histrionics and oversharing and GoToMe Funding was very bizarre. Same with the miscarriage earlier this year. Once again, sympathy, but the oversharing was embarrassing. If you couldn't sing with your kids that night we don't need to know it was because of "bleeding and cramping", we understand you just had a miscarriage. I know her baby making days are over, and she knows it too. The smothering of KayJon and Gideon, the extravagant trips taken by Jill and Dave, the inability for the kids to break free even once they're married (go Tim!). I rationally know that it will take decades if ever for these kids to recognize Mama isn't always right, but it just seems like they've become more enmeshed as time goes on. 

I guess my point is the situation has become sad and even heartbreaking. The more the children grow up the worse it becomes. These are children becoming adults who don't have the social skills or education to even survive community or Bible college. And instead of recognizing the shit show she's created and attempting to do better by at least the younger kids, Jill just keeps on with the workbooks.

I think you posted this in the wrong sub-forum, but I agree about the heartbreakingness of it all.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I know a lady who was the 5th of a very poor family like 90 years ago. She was given to a childless couple (relatives and also neighbours). As she was raised as an only child, she lived far better than her bio siblings (in fact, her mother had 5 more). Some siblings resented her having plenty of food and attention. She was the only "given child", the other 9 stayed with their parents. Anyway, they all kept a bond. Must be difficult...

• Upvote 10

Kelly Jo ordered all of her random amazon stuff to be sent to Alyssa's house for Jackson's rehearsal dinner. Alyssa called it "a little bit excessive". LMAO. Probably spent more on decor for the rehearsal than she did on a month's worth of groceries when Alyssa lived at home. 

• Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Kelly Jo ordered all of her random amazon stuff to be sent to Alyssa's house for Jackson's rehearsal dinner. Alyssa called it "a little bit excessive". LMAO. Probably spent more on decor for the rehearsal than she did on a month's worth of groceries when Alyssa lived at home. 

I bet Alyssa was not pleased. I think she loves things neat, orderly, and uncluttered. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Kelly Jo is making the rounds. She's in Alyssa's video today and she is in Erin's too.

I've seen worse on the decoration boxes, but yes I think Kelly Jo's spending without a filter these days. At least it isn't like the Duggars trotting out those tubs of green and pink decorations and making balloon bouquets with toilet paper and tissue anchors.

Erin's video was primarily Erin in the car with Kelly Jo talking and preaching after a doctor's appointment. I didn't finish it because I started to feel sleepy. Erin does need to invest in some good facial sunblock. The big white area around her eyes from her sunglasses (presumably) is not good. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Alyssa was not pleased. I think she loves things neat, orderly, and uncluttered. 

I think it did bother her, but I've ordered more in my life sometimes. It was more a tower of boxes rather than a wall or pyramid. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Kelly Jo is making the rounds. She's in Alyssa's video today and she is in Erin's too.

I've seen worse on the decoration boxes, but yes I think Kelly Jo's spending without a filter these days. At least it isn't like the Duggars trotting out those tubs of green and pink decorations and making balloon bouquets with toilet paper and tissue anchors.

Erin's video was primarily Erin in the car with Kelly Jo talking and preaching after a doctor's appointment. I didn't finish it because I started to feel sleepy. Erin does need to invest in some good facial sunblock. The big white area around her eyes from her sunglasses (presumably) is not good. 

I think it did bother her, but I've ordered more in my life sometimes. It was more a tower of boxes rather than a wall or pyramid. 

I bet Alyssa will be relieved when the wedding is over and everyone leaves. She said her mom made her in charge of decorating for the rehearsal dinner. She’s the family organizer whether she wants to or not. That’s what I’ve learned about Kelly. She gives you a title and expects you to always adhere to it even after you’re married with five kids. Michael will be the child minder if the weekend. Erin will be the one playing all the music. Alyssa will be the organizer. I bet she will make Tori do some cooking or dishing out food at the rehearsal dinner. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

….I bet she will make Tori do some cooking or dishing out food at the rehearsal dinner. 

I didn’t think that Tori could cook. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I didn’t think that Tori could cook. 

Maybe Erin then. I don’t know if any of them are great cooks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe Erin then. I don’t know if any of them are great cooks.

Erin is actually a good cook. I’ve used some of her recipes. Some of Zach’s too. But Zach and Erin are both self-taught. They did not learn from their parents. 

• Upvote 6

I’d put Kelton on cooking duty. He knows how to cook, albeit the food is not necessarily healthy.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’d put Kelton on cooking duty. He knows how to cook, albeit the food is not necessarily healthy.

Kelton and Josie seem to be skipping the rehearsal. They caught a flight out this afternoon. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Kelton and Josie seem to be skipping the rehearsal. They caught a flight out this afternoon. 

I bet none of them are in the wedding so they didn’t bother going. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet none of them are in the wedding so they didn’t bother going. 

I think so. Plus they got back from Europe on Tuesday and Josie had a high-risk OB appointment this morning, 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic