IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

It’s hilarious that this is the t-shirt Mama Jane is wearing while spending time with her teetotaler adult grandchildren.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c1f4510367b72d770fc3364cea42c98e.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It’s hilarious that this is the t-shirt Mama Jane is wearing while spending time with her teetotaler adult grandchildren.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.c1f4510367b72d770fc3364cea42c98e.png

Do you think she knows? Or thinks its the flower or the past tense of rise?

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Do you think she knows? Or thinks its the flower or the past tense of rise?

Oh she knows. Mama Jane very much seems like a sharp woman. She wasn’t sheltered like some of her grandchildren. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Ok, I have a new favourite bates (if you can have one lol). This kid cracks me up. What a bloody doll. 
sorry added one to many pics. Could not work out how to get rid of it. 

Spoiler

IMG_6257.thumb.png.8e4b9acdc91d6dafea4e1c82e681980c.pngIMG_6257.thumb.png.8e4b9acdc91d6dafea4e1c82e681980c.pngIMG_6256.thumb.png.87a9930452b6d5d60e266a3c5aa3eb58.png

• Upvote 4

It looks like the Stewarts are just on their way to South Carolina now.  I wonder why they’re leaving so late compared to the rest of the family. Josie said on Saturday that all of her siblings were planning to come except for the three oldest. 

I have found it interesting that Josie and Katie haven’t posted any interactions since Katie has been in TN (and now SC). Josie spent all day in Nashville on Friday doing Effortless Beauty work and then left for SC on Saturday morning. I think Katie just left for SC on Monday. 

Katie was doing a hair video this weekend using a curling iron. There were several comments asking why she wasn’t using Josie’s heatless curlers. I think there’s at least a small rift with those two. And I think Carlin’s involved somehow.

• Upvote 3

On 7/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, JDuggs said:

It looks like the Stewarts are just on their way to South Carolina now.  I wonder why they’re leaving so late compared to the rest of the family. Josie said on Saturday that all of her siblings were planning to come except for the three oldest. 

I have found it interesting that Josie and Katie haven’t posted any interactions since Katie has been in TN (and now SC). Josie spent all day in Nashville on Friday doing Effortless Beauty work and then left for SC on Saturday morning. I think Katie just left for SC on Monday. 

Katie was doing a hair video this weekend using a curling iron. There were several comments asking why she wasn’t using Josie’s heatless curlers. I think there’s at least a small rift with those two. And I think Carlin’s involved somehow.

Based on the Tubi episodes Carlin was all 'awww, katie's leaving' and making herself extra during the dress stuff... Maybe that's part?

Josie's MOH speech was all about how Katie helped her. Staying up all night with Willow, brushing Josie's hair post birth, etc. 

I wonder if Josie and Katie's relationship was one sided in that single Katie was able to be there when Josie needed her. We know Katie helped with Willow when Hazel was born. 

When Katie was getting married Josie had a difficult pregnancy and then a difficult delivery and complications. She did her MOH duties but I don't think she had the energy to do extra. 

Carlin did have that energy and ability. She was able to give up 3 weeks to stay with Katie and wait for her to give birth. I think that is the reason behind the change. Carlin can give Katie the energy that Katie gave Josie (and to be fair, Katie was unmarried and living at home at the time) and Josie couldn't/wouldn't. 

• Upvote 8

There was some great almost snark from Warden (with help from Callie) in Carlin's recent video, talking about how many cameras there are (since 5 different couples were filming for YouTube) and Callie backed him up. I feel like the younger kids are over the YouTube thing. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/13/2023 at 5:48 AM, CanadianMamam said:

There was some great almost snark from Warden (with help from Callie) in Carlin's recent video, talking about how many cameras there are (since 5 different couples were filming for YouTube) and Callie backed him up. I feel like the younger kids are over the YouTube thing. 

Until they need an income prop most likely and unfortunately. But hey gives us something to talk about. But I do suppose with the age gap Callie at least may fall into a technical different generation maybe and may have a different attitude. 

• I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Until they need an income prop most likely and unfortunately. But hey gives us something to talk about. But I do suppose with the age gap Callie at least may fall into a technical different generation maybe and may have a different attitude. 

The Bates children actually fall into 3 generations. 

Zach through Tori are Millenials. Carlin through Callie are Gen Z. And Judson and Jeb are Gen Alpha (well the dates for Gen Z ending/Gen Alpha are conflicting so Judson may not count but Jeb fits on most criteria). 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

The Bates children actually fall into 3 generations. 

Zach through Tori are Millenials. Carlin through Callie are Gen Z. And Judson and Jeb are Gen Alpha (well the dates for Gen Z ending/Gen Alpha are conflicting so Judson may not count but Jeb fits on most criteria). 

thanks for that. 

I love generation stuff

I am a Xenniel (however they spell it) I am not gen X and I am not a millennial. analogue childhood with a digital adulthood.

I do think they may need to shorten the generation years with how fast things are changing... 

My Daughter is also a generation Alpha, such a cool name.. lol small things lol  

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

thanks for that. 

I love generation stuff

I am a Xenniel (however they spell it) I am not gen X and I am not a millennial. analogue childhood with a digital adulthood.

I do think they may need to shorten the generation years with how fast things are changing... 

My Daughter is also a generation Alpha, such a cool name.. lol small things lol  

Hi, fellow Xennial. I'm the tail end of that subgroup but it fits my experience best. I also think the generation of your parents affects your generational perception of yourself. Example--my brother and his ex wife are 2 years apart and solidly in the Milennial range. My brother was born to Boomer parents and has an older Xennial sibling. She was born to Gen X parents and has a younger sibling who straddles Millennial and Gen Z cutoffs. Then there's my husband, two years older than me and Xennial, but born to parents from the Silent Generation. The four of us see the world very, very differently, even though we were all born within a decade.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I consider myself in the group of the oldest millennials. I say millennials graduate from high school in the year 2000 to about 2015. I graduated in the year 2000. I became an adult right at the millennium. So I say I’m a millennial. My husband is solidly Gen X. He graduated in 91. But we actually have a lot of similar pop culture references. Probably because I’ve always liked things that came before me. Like old movies and shows. And my husband has a sister my age so he remembers things I like because his sister liked the same stuff when she was little. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Hi, fellow Xennial. I'm the tail end of that subgroup but it fits my experience best. I also think the generation of your parents affects your generational perception of yourself. Example--my brother and his ex wife are 2 years apart and solidly in the Milennial range. My brother was born to Boomer parents and has an older Xennial sibling. She was born to Gen X parents and has a younger sibling who straddles Millennial and Gen Z cutoffs. Then there's my husband, two years older than me and Xennial, but born to parents from the Silent Generation. The four of us see the world very, very differently, even though we were all born within a decade.

I 100 percent agree My Mum was also the silent generation and feel like exposed me to a more older way of seeing things than if I had boomer parents 

Ironnically my biological mother (who did not raise me) was born at the tail end of the boomers so close to gen x and was only 17 years older than me so close we could have been in the same generation 

edit to add 

along with your thought in a family this large and enmeshed and somewhat (more so in previous years) insular, there will definitely be some generational influence between siblings 

Edited by AussieKrissy
add stuff
  • Upvote 2

It's interesting in Alyssa's video as she was talking to Jane and Papa Bill about how Warden is a free spirit (and a hard worker). I wonder what a "free spirit" is to a fundamentalist. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, gobucks said:

It's interesting in Alyssa's video as she was talking to Jane and Papa Bill about how Warden is a free spirit (and a hard worker). I wonder what a "free spirit" is to a fundamentalist. 

I suppose she could mean he loves to travel often. Which is good. He needs to get out and see the world beyond rural Tennessee. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

@AussieKrissy Are we the same person? Also a Xennial with an Alpha daughter and Silent Generation parents. It impacted how I grew up in that I wasn’t allowed most of the trendy stuff my peers had, wasn’t allowed to watch the same tv shows or listen to the music or read the books that were popular at the time. They truly believed that 80s and 90s popular culture was garbage and that what was trendy when they came of age in the late 50s was superior. 

• I Agree 2

15 hours ago, gobucks said:

He seems to be a bit of a player so maybe that.

Also just before that anyone else hear the conversation she was having with Mama Jane about John? it was very dificult to hear because the music in the video was louder than their voices but i think Alyssa was saying she was worried about the state she will find the house when she comes back and Jane had a really concerned face when asking if John doesnt cook at all...

Wow in those last pictures suddenly I can see Nathan in Lawson's face. Wild. normally I can't see family resemblances well at all.

I haven't watched any of their July 4th videos. I figure it can't be much different from the July 4th that was on the show way back and they'll all film each other filming each out instead of actually doing anything. Tiresome.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:17 PM, Expectopatronus said:

@AussieKrissy Are we the same person? Also a Xennial with an Alpha daughter and Silent Generation parents. It impacted how I grew up in that I wasn’t allowed most of the trendy stuff my peers had, wasn’t allowed to watch the same tv shows or listen to the music or read the books that were popular at the time. They truly believed that 80s and 90s popular culture was garbage and that what was trendy when they came of age in the late 50s was superior. 

Twinning..... 

Not so much not allowed to do stuff of the time just more not as exposed to it

I was at home listening to Charlie Pride and Engleburt Humperdink lol not MC Hammer 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the different generations, I'm a tail end boomer now known as Generation Jones!  Not sure my personality falls into the "parameters" but had to represent!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Phhhh who is ignoring Warden I wonder IMG_6758.thumb.png.e4f3e84dd0f281af3ae3d2fdf47701ad.png

Even if you happen to be in the toilet. 

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Even if you happen to be in the toilet. 

ba ha hahah I didn't even notice that 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic