IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

On 8/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, JDuggs said:

I think their excuse would be that it’s not real gambling because it doesn’t involve winning real money. It’s a slippery slope in my opinion. For example, I don’t think we’ll see Evan and Carlin out at a bar dancing and drinking mocktails and non-alcoholic beer. What’s the difference between that and pretend gambling?

Carlin and Evan were famously drinking and making a big deal out of mocktails during their fake honeymoon trip to Charleston on the show. 

• Upvote 2

I had this weird eureka moment a few days ago when I was talking to my very incredibly awesome bestie and she pronounced the word "important" as "im-BOR-dent".* That's how the Bateseseseses pronounce it, and I always notice because I'm a northern New Englander by birth, and my pronunciation is fast and features a glottal stop. Anyway, my bestie is from ... Nashville TN.

* To be clear, I'm not making fun of anyone's pronunciation. There is no "correct" dialect. We all speak a dialect, and we all code-switch as well.

I'm trying to figure out who looks more like a modern Frankenstein, John Webster or Bobby Smith. John plays baseball so I like him more. He still looks like Frankenstein. But if I were a cute Bates girl, he would look better than just about anything else.

Lydia's family is set yo be deported back to Germany and the Bates are all praying for a miracle.  I've got some thoughts on that...

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Trace could stay for the wedding and join them a few weeks later. He’s not being deported. It would be a while to be gone from the new baby, but he’s a fundie man and she has her family to help her. 

• Upvote 4

I think if Lydia does get deported Trace might wait a few weeks to fly out so he can pack their stuff and get a storage unit or something. They don't seem to be pacing now

• Upvote 5

I don't know if Lydia is getting deported, she has an American husband as does one of her siblings. The rest of the family was told that they have a few weeks and then need to self deport.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

So Trace posted that Lydia and the baby could be deported as well as her family. That doesn't seem right but I'm not an immigration lawyer. 

• Upvote 1

The baby won't be deported.  Lydia could easily be deported.  Being married to a US citizen or the mother of one isn't a bar to deportation if she hasn't done the proper paperwork and followed proper procedure.  The baby is a US citizen and would have no where to be sent.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Are her siblings (I believe 2 brothers are married to Americans) getting deported?

There's only 2 siblings married. Lydia and Daniel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Theoretically and legally, Trace, Ryker, and Lydia's 2 youngest US citizen sisters could all stay here. They just won't. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 5

They were told they had 30 days to obtain German passports and self-deport. These people won't get passports. They will take their chances here. That's the take I'm getting from Kelly's posts. She keeps insisting they are legally residing here.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I hope she gets deported.
I'm first generation american-born on one side of my family, and that family came over legally and through the proper channels, despite language barriers and not knowing much about America.

Chipmunk and UnLawful support an administration that wants to deport so many people, do they not realize how hypocritical they are? I hope chipmunk has to go to Germany and gets schooled on how life really works.

• Upvote 10

I do feel bad for the kids. It’s not their fault that their parents are crazy and brought them to the US illegally. In general I support the Dreamers who’ve built a life for themselves in the US and haven’t broken any serious laws. 

But for the parents, and for the Bates, I have no sympathy. They support the xenophobic laws that break up families in the US every day. Guess what, those laws can be used against you too! 

It sounds like Trace and Lydia will end up here in Germany. Not thrilled about that since I moved here to get away from people like them. But I might actually start watching their videos if they come here. Trace’s Christian American entitlement to special treatment won’t go over well here at all. So many opportunities for schadenfreude in their German future. 

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

The hypocrisy of the Bates is very apparent in this situation. As long as it is the right kind of Christian, immigration is not only tolerated, but wished. But this right ends with other people. I hope their leghumpers can see this.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Scrabblemaster said:

The hypocrisy of the Bates is very apparent in this situation. As long as it is the right kind of Christian, immigration is not only tolerated, but wished. But this right ends with other people. I hope their leghumpers can see this.

Also the right color skin, which in their minds is all one and the same.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

17 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

You have way more hope than I do. Their leghumpers are just like them. They won't see past the main image. A good looking white Christian family is threatened for deportation and they'll say: ''Awww so sad for them. So unjust''. 😕

• Upvote 10

I won’t believe they’ll actually get deported until I see them on a plane to Germany. These white Christian assholes always seem to get away with murder somehow, so I won’t hold my breath. That said, I sincerely hope it happens. Few people deserve deportation as much as these fools. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, JillyO said:

I won’t believe they’ll actually get deported until I see them on a plane to Germany. These white Christian assholes always seem to get away with murder somehow, so I won’t hold my breath. That said, I sincerely hope it happens. Few people deserve deportation as much as these fools. 

I'm honestly torn on this, because one the one hand I agree with you completely, and on the other hand I really don't want them back here 😂.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic