IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Angelface said:

Hoping that there aren’t too many Bates babies in 2024. I think Esther is possibly currently pregnant, Tiffany is also a slim possibility but all the others have either recently had a baby, are currently pregnant (Tori) or have health issues (Carlin) or fertility issues (Michael). I’m hoping that Alyssa is either done or takes a decent break from pregnancy. I’m most likely wrong but I’m hopeful 😂😂

Carlin will be pregnant by the end of the year if she isn't already. Lack of an answer to her issues seems to have made them disappear or at least disappear from the public spectrum. Not saying that it was fake only that I think she has given up on a diagnosis at this point and time. She's wanting another one so it is just a matter of time. 

I think it isn't too far-fetched that Katie will announce too. 

• Upvote 6

When Nathan and Esther went to the Philippines last year, they had to get vaccinations.  Or maybe it was at least Esther.  Nathan may have already had the vaccination needed from his other trips overseas. Esther posted a pic of her being recently vaccinated to an anti-vax comment on her IG right before that trip.  And when Lawson, Tiffany, and both sets of parents went to Europe for Lawson and Tiffany's engagement back in 2021, they for sure would have had to get the Covid vaccination. So if they are legally required to do it, they will most likely get vaccinated. They really have no choice in some situations like when they want to travel abroad.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

When Nathan and Esther went to the Philippines last year, they had to get vaccinations.  Or maybe it was at least Esther.  Nathan may have already had the vaccination needed from his other trips overseas. Esther posted a pic of her being recently vaccinated to an anti-vax comment on her IG right before that trip.  And when Lawson, Tiffany, and both sets of parents went to Europe for Lawson and Tiffany's engagement back in 2021, they for sure would have had to get the Covid vaccination. So if they are legally required to do it, they will most likely get vaccinated. They really have no choice in some situations like when they want to travel abroad.

That's true. I was basing my early vaccination thoughts on knowing they were seen in the public health clinic in Anderson County. I saw Kelly there with a few kids when I was in college. I had to get a vaccine update because of school requirements and was in school in Tennessee. Due to funding in those days the public health clinic did pregnancy tests, STD education, and vaccines. That was about it. So looking back I know they had to be there for a reason and it wasn't to get the free condoms. It was 1996 and they had about 7 kids at that time. My cousin who went to church with them was with me at the clinic and talked to them. I don't remember talking to them myself but I was very much the antithesis of Bates IBLP culture at that point. She was pregnant with Trace, I think, and I remember asking my cousin if it was common for families to have that many kids in that area since my mom grew up there and was from a big family too. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I think it isn't too far-fetched that Katie will announce too. 

I really hope that Katie holds off on another baby. I can’t see her “being allowed” to have more than four so she needs to spread her children out. She seems to enjoy baby Hailey very much and should imo concentrate on her. 
Per Katie’s Instagram they are moving to Tennessee!!! All bets are off. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

That's true. I was basing my early vaccination thoughts on knowing they were seen in the public health clinic in Anderson County. I saw Kelly there with a few kids when I was in college. I had to get a vaccine update because of school requirements and was in school in Tennessee. Due to funding in those days the public health clinic did pregnancy tests, STD education, and vaccines. That was about it. So looking back I know they had to be there for a reason and it wasn't to get the free condoms. It was 1996 and they had about 7 kids at that time. My cousin who went to church with them was with me at the clinic and talked to them. I don't remember talking to them myself but I was very much the antithesis of Bates IBLP culture at that point. She was pregnant with Trace, I think, and I remember asking my cousin if it was common for families to have that many kids in that area since my mom grew up there and was from a big family too. 

Did you have green hair? Maybe you scared Erin away from college? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Did you have green hair? Maybe you scared Erin away from college? 

It is possible. I did have a blue streak in my hair in those days. I would be proud to have that impact. :)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 2/24/2024 at 12:16 AM, dawn9476 said:

And when Lawson, Tiffany, and both sets of parents went to Europe for Lawson and Tiffany's engagement back in 2021, they for sure would have had to get the Covid vaccination. So if they are legally required to do it, they will most likely get vaccinated. They really have no choice in some situations like when they want to travel abroad.

Seems that if it comes down to taking their various jaunts, especially overseas, the Bateseseses are more than willing to suspend their anti-vax stance, as do a lot of other people did, for trips that they really wanted or needed to take.  My anti-vax nephew-in-law got his Covid vax so he could travel overseas for work.  It was get the vax so he could make a critical business trip and he's one who cannot risk his job.   But the anti-vax family members were wringing their hands over how he "had to do it". 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

On 2/24/2024 at 11:10 AM, Angelface said:

I really hope that Katie holds off on another baby. I can’t see her “being allowed” to have more than four so she needs to spread her children out. She seems to enjoy baby Hailey very much and should imo concentrate on her. 
Per Katie’s Instagram they are moving to Tennessee!!! All bets are off. 

I dont think his family has a big hold on them anymore since they are moving to Tennessee. Katie probably will get pregnant this year together with her bestie Carlin who just got the clear to drive again after 6 months with no episodes.

I also think Tiffany and Lydia are a possibility, both announced miscarriages not that long ago so you know they are trying for a baby. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I just thought of something. Maybe Travis and Katie can rent Lawson and Tiffany’s house while they are looking for a place. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just thought of something. Maybe Travis and Katie can rent Lawson and Tiffany’s house while they are looking for a place. 

Nashville is at least 2.5 hours away from Knoxville, so it wouldn’t be very convenient for house hunting if they’re planning to settle near family. They can always stay at the parents’ place like Zach’s family did while their house was under renovation. And bunking with the Stewarts wouldn’t be a bad option either.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Nashville is at least 2.5 hours away from Knoxville, so it wouldn’t be very convenient for house hunting if they’re planning to settle near family. They can always stay at the parents’ place like Zach’s family did while their house was under renovation. And bunking with the Stewarts wouldn’t be a bad option either.

Katie and Travis seem to get along with Carlin and Evan. I, personally, would rather live in the overpriced Tesla they have than deal with them. I agree it is a possibility but found myself twitching at the idea. Can you imagine all the recording of video and shilling of products?

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Katie and Travis seem to get along with Carlin and Evan. I, personally, would rather live in the overpriced Tesla they have than deal with them. I agree it is a possibility but found myself twitching at the idea. Can you imagine all the recording of video and shilling of products?

Carlin would exhaust me inside of 15 minutes. I feel bad saying that, because it's obvious that she was starved for any normal attention for her entire childhood, and this is her response. But I just couldn't.

• Upvote 5

My closest friends are talkers. And I think there’s a reason why they are my closest friends. Because I’m a listener. And I could handle carlin one on one pretty easily. As long as she not filming me. I hate being filmed. I think Katie is probably a good listener too and that’s why she and Carlin get along. Carlin’s parents were never good listeners because they didn’t have the time. She’s always craved someone to listen to her and feel heard. And I think she finds that in a couple of her sisters. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Lawson and Tiffany are not living full time in their camper, so i dont think they will put their house up for rent.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Carlin would exhaust me inside of 15 minutes. I feel bad saying that, because it's obvious that she was starved for any normal attention for her entire childhood, and this is her response. But I just couldn't.

I have been going to my new church for about 18 months. I was burnt out from previous church and the involvement required, so I had not gotten involved at this new church beyond going to Mass. Anyhow, last month I was getting my hair done and the woman in the chair next to me was very chatty and come to find out she attends my new church and is also a retired nurse, so we have a lot in common (age wise too). She just moved to the area but is already very involved at the church and the larger community. She has since invited me to join a couple of groups. Yesterday I attended a meeting at the church with her. OMG, she is very involved, energetic and quick to volunteer for everything. I was exhausted after 2 hours. I am glad that there are people who are quick to help and who love to have a busy agenda every day of their lives- this is not me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

Just now, SassyPants said:

I have been going to my new church for about 18 months. I was burnt out from previous church and the involvement required, so I had not gotten involved at this new church beyond going to Mass. Anyhow, last month I was getting my hair done and the woman in the chair next to me was very chatty and come to find out she attends my new church and is also a retired nurse, so we have a lot in common (age wise too). She just moved to the area but is already very involved at the church and the larger community. She has since invited me to join a couple of groups. Yesterday I attended a meeting at the church with her. OMG, she is very involved, energetic and quick to volunteer for everything. I was exhausted after 2 hours. I am glad that there are people who are quick to help and who love to have a busy agenda every day of their lives- this is not me.

Me neither. I need lots of down time. But I seem to surround myself with people who are go go go. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Me neither. I need lots of down time. But I seem to surround myself with people who are go go go. 

I'm a big-ass extrovert generally but I also like my just-reading-a-book-with-a-martini moments. In college I had a friend group that included a very hyper, exhausting woman. I didn't much like her because of that, but she was a good person and so I stayed in touch. She was later diagnosed with bipolar and found really effective meds. 20 plus years later, she is an absolute treasure in my life. So I totally get how introverts and extroverts can clash, yet find a way.

I'm also feeling a little raw bc a very introverted friend just passed away. She didn't even have a service. I respect that. I also screamed FUCK THIS SHIT into the night.

Sorry to unload on you guys. I appreciate you all.

• Love 20

58 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

I'm a big-ass extrovert generally but I also like my just-reading-a-book-with-a-martini moments. In college I had a friend group that included a very hyper, exhausting woman. I didn't much like her because of that, but she was a good person and so I stayed in touch. She was later diagnosed with bipolar and found really effective meds. 20 plus years later, she is an absolute treasure in my life. So I totally get how introverts and extroverts can clash, yet find a way.

I'm also feeling a little raw bc a very introverted friend just passed away. She didn't even have a service. I respect that. I also screamed FUCK THIS SHIT into the night.

Sorry to unload on you guys. I appreciate you all.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

• I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

This question popped up in my head while reading the Lawson/Tiffany thread, but I find it more suitable over here.

Which of the 2nd gen Bates is best equipped for parenting, would you say? Which family is the best functioning one?

• Upvote 4

I may as well add my own answer, although it’s a rather complex question. 

In one sense I lean towards Zac and Whitney. She seems to be able to care for all five kids. They do sports, which means the kids interact with kids that are not cousins. Zac helps out with the kids. But there is the concern about work. Zac does not, as far as I understand, have a job of his own. But then again they seem to not lack anything so there has to be a stream of income.

As far as being financial stable, I assume Josie and Kelton has to most stable income. Their girls also do sport, so maybe they win in the end.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Cupcake79 said:

This question popped up in my head while reading the Lawson/Tiffany thread, but I find it more suitable over here.

Which of the 2nd gen Bates is best equipped for parenting, would you say? Which family is the best functioning one?

I think it is impossible to say honestly. I am most fearful of the types of things that are said off camera and hateful beliefs taught. I think Kelton and Josie have the most stable financial plan. I think Carlin and Evan are the biggest hype people for their kids. I think Zac and Whitney are pretty deeply involved with their kids and her toxic parent relationship in high school will help her be a good mom as her kids age.  I fear for any neurodivergent, LBGTQ, questioning religion, liberal children born into this family. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Katie and Travis have an apartment lined up and per their Q&A from today, Carlin and Evan said that Katie & Travis will be within 5 to 10 minutes from them. I do think that if Travis does ever get stuck in Nashville because of a long night or has to be there for an early morning, he could probably crash at Lawson and Tiffany's.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 3/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, gobucks said:

I think it is impossible to say honestly. I am most fearful of the types of things that are said off camera and hateful beliefs taught. I think Kelton and Josie have the most stable financial plan. I think Carlin and Evan are the biggest hype people for their kids. I think Zac and Whitney are pretty deeply involved with their kids and her toxic parent relationship in high school will help her be a good mom as her kids age.  I fear for any neurodivergent, LBGTQ, questioning religion, liberal children born into this family. 

Travis and Katie might go on this list for education... At least for now. Presumably their kids will be educated at the Clarks school, opposed to being homeschooled, which is a step up in regard to the teacher having at least some knowledge of pedagogy for a given development stage.

I also disagree with you about Whitney on that one... I think Whitney might have the "I was saved" complex in regard to the Bates, that may end up making her really toxic to an ambivalent kid.

• Upvote 4

On 3/16/2024 at 10:03 PM, gobucks said:

I fear for any neurodivergent, LBGTQ, questioning religion, liberal children born into this family. 

Even just from a statistical point of view, some of the Bates grabdkids (I don't  necessarily mean the children of the 2nd generation couples that you just mentioned butane thinking of the whole pool of grads in general) are likely to be gay.

That'll be tough for them in the future and I cannot imagine what a struggle it must be to eventually know you're lgbtq and live in a prominent and fundamentalist Christian family in the bible belt. That combines quite a few factors that make being openly homosexual even harder. Very sad. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a screenshot from Traces' IG. Isn't the couple on the left Warden and an unknown (at least to me) young woman? 

EF194723-D3E8-41F8-A202-417B8DC990C3_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic