IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

None of the sisters-in-law are skirts only. Michael, Erin and Tori are the skirts only sisters.

None of the Duggar sisters are skirts only. I don’t know about the sisters-in-law.

Thanks much, JDuggs. I appreciate how helpful people are here.

It's interesting that the Bates skirt girls are 3 of the 4 oldest. I like that Alyssa skipped off to FL and did her own thing (side note, I hope the fuck she's done with kids.)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Thanks much, JDuggs. I appreciate how helpful people are here.

It's interesting that the Bates skirt girls are 3 of the 4 oldest. I like that Alyssa skipped off to FL and did her own thing (side note, I hope the fuck she's done with kids.)

Will be interesting to see if Aaddee, Ellie, and Callie will stick to skirts only once they're married and not living with Gil and Kelly.  I'm thinking probably not, but we'll see.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

None of the sisters-in-law are skirts only. Michael, Erin and Tori are the skirts only sisters.

None of the Duggar sisters are skirts only. I don’t know about the sisters-in-law.

The younger Duggar daughters still at home (3 minors and Johannah) are still skirts only. Jana abandoned that a few years ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

The younger Duggar daughters still at home (3 minors and Johannah) are still skirts only. Jana abandoned that a few years ago. 

I was only addressing the adults, although I guess Johannah is technically an adult. If any of the four youngest Duggar girls are still single and living at home by the age of 25, I think they also will switch to pants.

• Upvote 3

Johannah turned 18 last October, so I agree that it will take marriage or long spinsterhood like Jana to switch to pants. Didn't it take Jana until she was around 30 to take the plunge?

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Of the Duggars, only Kendra hasn't been seen in pants. Makes sense since her mother is also skirts only as far as I can tell.  All the other in-laws have been seen in pants.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Of the Duggars, only Kendra hasn't been seen in pants. Makes sense since her mother is also skirts only as far as I can tell.  All the other in-laws have been seen in pants.

Anna? I thought maybe seen in joggers/sweats but not real pants. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Anna? I thought maybe seen in joggers/sweats but not real pants. 

She was seen wearing jeans at the amusement park they always go to and Mack was in pants in the last family pic they released announcing the last pregnancy.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Katie Bates was skirts only for awhile after marriage, at least on SM.  I thought she’d be like Josie and Carlin by being in pants immediately.  I think her MIL is skirts only. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She was seen wearing jeans at the amusement park they always go to and Mack was in pants in the last family pic they released announcing the last pregnancy.

Yeah, I remembered Mack's jumpsuit, forgot about the undercover shots of Anna in jeans at Silver Dollar City. 

• Upvote 4

Apologies for my irritation, but I call BS on skirts only. The majority of the second generation daughters and daughters in law do not comply, yet none (G/Lj or Ther children - sons included) have addressed the abandonment of this all important tenant of their beliefs. As we are all aware and are too familiar, funnies are exhausting and hypocritical.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Seeking said:

Apologies for my irritation, but I call BS on skirts only. The majority of the second generation daughters and daughters in law do not comply, yet none (G/Lj or Ther children - sons included) have addressed the abandonment of this all important tenant of their beliefs. As we are all aware and are too familiar, funnies are exhausting and hypocritical.

Pretty sure several of them have answered it on their YouTube channels. 

• Upvote 5

I am an insane person whoe just signed up for a 14 day free trial of that UP channel to catch up on Bates shows. Also shocked they didn't refuse to accept me based on my password (I'm sure my CC number trumped my blasphemy lol).

• Upvote 3

On 1/31/2024 at 7:17 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Katie Bates was skirts only for awhile after marriage, at least on SM.  I thought she’d be like Josie and Carlin by being in pants immediately.  I think her MIL is skirts only. 

Yeah, Katie seems to be skirts only around her in-laws. Her MIL and SIL still appear to be skirts only, and then her other SIL (Devon) is in skirts when we see her, but we don't see her that often.

• Upvote 3

One change that seems shocking to me is how Josie and Katie went from really cute teenagers to overly bleached blonde adults who look like ageless Botoxed socialites instead of 20-somethings. What a waste of good genes!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

On 1/31/2024 at 2:09 PM, JDuggs said:

I think the Duggars at home are still skirts only. And Kendra as the only sister-in-law, maybe Anna?

Edit: oh I missed the entire next page 😅

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone follow Kat Bates on IG? She's the more mainstream cousin of the Bates kids through Gil's brother Greg. She's went to the university in South Carolina that Gil and Kelly met at. She's a theater person. Works on designing sets, I think. She just moved to NYC if you want to follow her adventures living there as a person who didn't grow up as sheltered as her cousins, but is probably still dealing with culture shock as a person who did grow up on a farm in SC.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

What’s the bet the “little” single girls were left at home to babysit while the middle “single” (one is dating) got to go? IMG_0346.thumb.png.56268d7ac5833b6b610320129220b543.png

• I Agree 4

Imagine trying to explain the Bates and their show and their outlook to a secular friend. I think he may have mental whiplash and be reconsidering our friendship lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s the bet the “little” single girls were left at home to babysit while the middle “single” (one is dating) got to go? IMG_0346.thumb.png.56268d7ac5833b6b610320129220b543.png

Warden and Taylor are no longer dating. Everything on social media from both of them is gone of each other

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Erin posted pics with the vast majority of her sisters and sisters in law praising them. All except Carlin. She’s so petty. Reddit calls her Regina George and I can’t help but kind of agree. If there’s a Regina George type person in the Bates family, it would be Erin.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

From what I’ve seen posted about I Love You Day so far, it looks like the Websters didn’t make it. I don’t have any ILY Day history saved in my head, so I don’t remember if they typically come or not. It looked like everyone else made it. Jane and Bill were there which was probably nice for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I’m not surprised the Websters didn’t go. They also didn’t go to Lawson’s wedding. 

13 hours ago, JDuggs said:

From what I’ve seen posted about I Love You Day so far, it looks like the Websters didn’t make it. I don’t have any ILY Day history saved in my head, so I don’t remember if they typically come or not. It looked like everyone else made it. Jane and Bill were there which was probably nice for everyone.

Typically, yes Alyssa does show up with the kids and husband. I have noticed that she has cut back on attending such things since the show ended. She was there last year and rented a hotel room for her, John, and the kids. There was some weirdness to it. Gil and Kelly (plus a kid or two) showed up. Rather than Gil or Kelly who actually know where they are going driving everyone, Alyssa and John rented a car and Gil and Kelly road with them. 

I think Alyssa prefers to do things in smaller doses with her family. She has shown herself visiting and seeing siblings one on one at their homes rather than big dinners and events. She got flack online for not going to Lawson's wedding, but I can't really blame her on that one either. I don't travel across country for weddings either. I send a gift and wait to hear the gossip.

I think it was last year (maybe the year before) that Zach and Whitney didn't attend ILYD and Carlin and Evan bailed out early. It was notable because the Stewarts go to the boutique and have their photoshoot in their costumes. Whitney was there the year that she didn't go to the party though some people assumed she was sick (was pregnant at the time). 

• Upvote 12

21 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Typically, yes Alyssa does show up with the kids and husband. I have noticed that she has cut back on attending such things since the show ended. She was there last year and rented a hotel room for her, John, and the kids. There was some weirdness to it. Gil and Kelly (plus a kid or two) showed up. Rather than Gil or Kelly who actually know where they are going driving everyone, Alyssa and John rented a car and Gil and Kelly road with them. 

I think Alyssa prefers to do things in smaller doses with her family. She has shown herself visiting and seeing siblings one on one at their homes rather than big dinners and events. She got flack online for not going to Lawson's wedding, but I can't really blame her on that one either. I don't travel across country for weddings either. I send a gift and wait to hear the gossip.

I think it was last year (maybe the year before) that Zach and Whitney didn't attend ILYD and Carlin and Evan bailed out early. It was notable because the Stewarts go to the boutique and have their photoshoot in their costumes. Whitney was there the year that she didn't go to the party though some people assumed she was sick (was pregnant at the time). 

I would probably avoid I love you day too if I was Alyssa. I’m sorry but traveling with 5 kids to TN from FL is a lot of work itself. But I’m guessing they would also have to get a hotel room. And the costumes on top if it. That’s a lot of time and effort for a holiday the Bates family made up because they couldn’t afford Christmas presents but could afford valentines presents because they got their tax return. 

• Upvote 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic