IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

47 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

No we don't. You're right. She could come to Tennessee.  I suppose Bobby did for Tori. 

Brandon moved to TN for Michael. Bobby moved to TN for Tori. Chad’s family weren’t from TN but I can’t remember if he moved to TN for Erin or was already there. It seems to me a lot of them moved to TN for the show. But now that it’s cancelled, more are moving out of TN. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Brandon moved to TN for Michael. Bobby moved to TN for Tori. Chad’s family weren’t from TN but I can’t remember if he moved to TN for Erin or was already there. It seems to me a lot of them moved to TN for the show. But now that it’s cancelled, more are moving out of TN. 

Erin and Chad talk about their relationship being long distance at first so I am guessing he moved closer to their wedding. Evan moved to the Knoxville area though their original plans were for her to move to Nashville with him.

I think that UP/producers might have offered an incentive for the smaller families to move closer to Knoxville. It would make sense financially for the show and provide people like Michaela and Brandon money when they needed it (fertility testing, etc.). That incentive is gone now.

I do think the financial and logistical issues of filming in various states (some union) probably was a contributing factor to the show's cancelation. While I do think there was a scandal/smoking gun, I think that the show also said it was becoming too cumbersome to adequately film every couple plus the Bates still at home.  

• Upvote 6

On 12/8/2023 at 10:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chad's family is from Oklahoma. Stillwater area for most of their life. I've ran into them a few times when visiting my father since he lives there

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

Did y'all see that the President/Founder of Crown College died this week? I wonder if any Bates will go to the funeral. And if Crown College will survive his demise.  https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/2023/12/13/temple-baptist-church-crown-college-gop-leader-clarence-sexton-dies/71907778007/

• Upvote 3

On 12/15/2023 at 4:29 PM, HereticHick said:

Did y'all see that the President/Founder of Crown College died this week? I wonder if any Bates will go to the funeral. And if Crown College will survive his demise.  https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/2023/12/13/temple-baptist-church-crown-college-gop-leader-clarence-sexton-dies/71907778007/

It will probably survive. It seems to have enough other faculty. Unlike Phillip Rod’s college. I don’t think that college will survive when B. Guiler passes away. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It will probably survive. It seems to have enough other faculty. Unlike Phillip Rod’s college. I don’t think that college will survive when B. Guiler passes away. 

True, but sometimes religious schools/mega churches that are built by one person can have ugly struggles over leadership succession. Think of Liberty University (and the Bill Gothard Universe)

• Upvote 5

On 12/15/2023 at 4:29 PM, HereticHick said:

It will be interesting to see. He wasn't quite the charismatic figure that some of these men tend to be with their own colleges. I doubt his death will have much impact on the school itself unless he was still filterin money to it to keep it viable. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

From the Bates Sister Boutique Insta--apparently I don't understand what colors count as "Neutral" nowadays: image.png.e46f6ae84b9dadc8241d3379e40de8fd.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

Do the Bates Sisters think "neutral" is a synonym for "solid"?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

The Bates family had a late Christmas party. From the “sisters” photo, it looks like the only ones missing are the Florida families: Erin/Chad, Alyssa/John and Jackson/Emerson. Lydia, Esther and Whitney are in jeans and Josie bares a shoulder.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c3393230058cef6e40451597c5b1a8eb.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Bates family had a late Christmas party. From the “sisters” photo, it looks like the only ones missing are the Florida families: Erin/Chad, Alyssa/John and Jackson/Emerson. Lydia, Esther and Whitney are in jeans and Josie bares a shoulder.

Hide contents

Even though I follow them here, I can only recognize a few of them. Could someone please explain who’s who?

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Even though I follow them here, I can only recognize a few of them. Could someone please explain who’s who?

Back row left to right Lydia, Michael, Josie, tori, Katie, Carlin, Callie, Tiffany. 
Front row left to right Addee, Esther, Whitney, Ellie. 

• Thank You 10

I can't get over how much Addee looks like Michael, Ellie looks like Carlin and Callie looks like Josie now. 

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Trace, Lydia, Ryker and Addee flew from Nashville to a different time zone on a 3 hour flight. It sounds like the start of the Bates Family Annual Ski Trip.

It’s a good thing Addee is with them to take care of Ryker so Trace and Lydia can stroll through the airport holding hands.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f06b664b61c52540f00b70148c6ccb22.png

Edited by JDuggs
Add
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:51 AM, HereticHick said:

what colors count as "Neutral" nowadays:

I've noticed that recently many brands (especially in makeup) are including a much more diverse collection of shades in the "neutral" category. What is neutral for a light skin tone is not necessisarily "neutral" for someone with a dark skin tone. I think brands are realizing that if they want to broaden their market then they need to be more inclusive and include shades that would read as neutral for darker skin toned people. 

This being said, I think that inclusivity is most definitely NOT behind the Bates brand. I think they called this shade neutral only because it was sold under that name when they bought the line. 

• Upvote 8

On 1/6/2024 at 1:02 AM, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

Erin said in recent q&a that they are doing a Little House on the Prairie theme for "I Love You Day." I have a feeling the Florida based siblings probably felt a party/trip to Tennessee in January and another in February was probably too much. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Erin said in recent q&a that they are doing a Little House on the Prairie theme for "I Love You Day." I have a feeling the Florida based siblings probably felt a party/trip to Tennessee in January and another in February was probably too much. 

I would too. My sister is having her baby shower in 2 weeks, mine is in March followed by my bridal shower in May and wedding in June. She's coming up for the wedding and I might make a trip to her in February just because of funds. We're both due in April. I totally understand their reasoning for picking one trip instead of both

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

This week's Darwin Award finalist--unknown Bates bro (in the white jacket) not wearing a seatbelt--in the mountains of Colorado, in the snow. Everyone else in Lydia's clip has a shoulder harness. Way to be a role model to your younger relatives, DumbassBro.

image.png.68494cb67b5e29b1186706a9b88e7126.png

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

This week's Darwin Award finalist--unknown Bates bro (in the white jacket) not wearing a seatbelt--in the mountains of Colorado, in the snow. Everyone else in Lydia's clip has a shoulder harness. Way to be a role model to your younger relatives, DumbassBro.

image.png.68494cb67b5e29b1186706a9b88e7126.png

My guess is Isiah. 

• Upvote 5

Isn’t that illegal? I would be so steamed as the driver as in my province you get 4 points taken off your licence for having a passenger not wearing a seatbelt. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Isn’t that illegal? I would be so steamed as the driver as in my province you get 4 points taken off your licence for having a passenger not wearing a seatbelt. 

Apparently legal in Colorado. Seatbelts are only required to be worn in the front seats. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 9

I don’t think that’s one of the Bates boys. It doesn’t look like Isaiah or Warden. There was also another kid in the backseat of the SUV, I think it was a girl, that didn’t look like a Bates.

• Upvote 3

On 1/6/2024 at 5:02 PM, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

Looks like a proposal is coming soon. Michael added another version of the sisters pic with warden’s gf IMG_9936.thumb.png.dd68f77ae4a92bec9aa5fc5c5e6e1867.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

I thought I saw on Reddit a reference to Warden and courting.  I could be imagining it though.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic