IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

But in a ridiculously crowded family of siblings - many with very Big personalities - I bet the brothers and sisters like hanging out with her. They can gossip and vent and Jinger will just sweetly listen without judging and take them to a cool beach spot for coffee.  She’s also the youngest of the oldest kids,  so likely had a wide range of friendships across older and younger siblings. 

I agree that Jinger’s position in the family lends itself to a wide range of sibling friendships. One of my sisters who’s the middle-est child of a bunch of kids is like that in the way she bridges that kind of gap between older and younger brothers and sisters. Well, Jinger’s California location makes it nice for her to get family visits from those in Arkansas. If she lived in, say, Jefferson City, Missouri, would family members visit as much? 

I don’t think any of the husbands have to have much in common to be cordial enough to spend a few vacation days together. Appease their spouses for a bit, then they all go back to their own worlds. Right now, having small children seems to be the unifying factor among them, aside from being married to a Duggar. It’s enough. I honestly don’t think these couples sit around and talk about JeSuss. Kids, food, houses are probably topics of conversation. I want to know what’s all in that Costco grocery cart in the photo above besides a little dress for maybe Abbie’s daughter? 

Another thing, Abbie and JD were on a cruise not long ago. Now they’ve jetted out to CA. They don’t seem overly tied down to stuff on the home front. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

I think everyone likes Jinger, as her disposition is that of a people pleaser. She is probably very non judgmental in a family that has it’s share of sibling drama and rivalry.

Joy and family recently visited her again.  Jill always likes her IG content.

She also lives in LA, so it’s a nice vacation spot and it’s near Disneyland so siblings with small kids can go there. She broken away in the “right” way so it’s not as threatening. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Plus Jinger has a huge SM following and Abbie has started shilling MLM products- no doubt she’d appreciate a paid partnership too. 

• Upvote 4

On 3/3/2024 at 8:35 AM, JDuggs said:

It looks like Abbie (and JD?) are out visiting the Vuolos. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9d9f90fa3c061ab559a16234f68e016e.png

I wonder if she will try and recruit Jinger to the hair mlm. Jinger mainly straightens her hair…. But she can give her best “hey girl…” sales pitch. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if she will try and recruit Jinger to the hair mlm. Jinger mainly straightens her hair…. But she can give her best “hey girl…” sales pitch. 

I guess Jinger could use the stuff on curly haired Felicity. She wouldn't have to show her face, just the curls cascading down her back. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I hope Jinger has enough sense to say no, but she might not. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 1/3/2024 at 5:01 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Never knew Jeremy was arrested. 

His limited family size bodes well for J&J limiting their family size but the fact that they were both homeschooled doesn’t bode well for their daughter’s educations.

All homeschooling isn't equal. Beall Phillips and Erica Shupe, and even the Maxwells (despite their fiction ban) provided educations that enabled their kids to pursue college. Didn't one fundie we follow (Steven Somebody?) go to law school and clerk for a supreme court justice?

The homeschoolers I knew about 20 years ago were serious and committed to educating their kids. I knew a lady who wrote her own curriculum for 7 kids (most of whom went to college). I knew families who lived on Ramen noodles to keep their kids in Suzuki violin. We used to have children's theater and they all participated in productions, as well as sports. Don't forget their piles of 4-H ribbons. I had a kid who acted like Kelly Bundy and I used to die having to be around these people.

There is always 1 wayward homeschooler whose kids play at the park all day, every day, and this person is blamed by the other homeschoolers for the bad rap homeschooling gets.

Back then (about 25 years ago) I used to think it was bizarre when my homeschooling neighbor would drag her little children to protest at abortion clinics and give me literature on the 6,000-year-old earth and anti-vaccination. Now I see her views are mainstream Republican talking points.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2

On 1/3/2024 at 11:01 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Never knew Jeremy was arrested. 

His limited family size bodes well for J&J limiting their family size but the fact that they were both homeschooled doesn’t bode well for their daughter’s educations.

J&J have been open about limiting family size, I think they were the first couple to confirm it.  They prevented pregnancy straight out of the marriage gates and deliberately stopped using contraception around their first anniversary. 

They may go for a 3rd, I wouldn't be surprised if Jinger announces in the next few months, but I'd be surprised if they go over 4 (or even 3).  I could see Jeremy wanting a boy, but I couldn't see his desire for a boy trumping keeping the amount of children low enough for an orderly house with picture perfect kids and posh coffee money.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, imokit said:

J&J have been open about limiting family size, I think they were the first couple to confirm it.  They prevented pregnancy straight out of the marriage gates and deliberately stopped using contraception around their first anniversary. 

They may go for a 3rd, I wouldn't be surprised if Jinger announces in the next few months, but I'd be surprised if they go over 4 (or even 3).  I could see Jeremy wanting a boy, but I couldn't see his desire for a boy trumping keeping the amount of children low enough for an orderly house with picture perfect kids and posh coffee money.

With the recent photos I’ve seen of Jinger, she looks so thin and I wonder if body image would keep her from wanting another pregnancy. Or if her current physical shape would keep her from getting pregnant .

• Downvote 4
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, imokit said:

I absolutely see Jeremy choosing bougie money over a kid. And I have nothing to snark on, he’s making the choice that’s right for him. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I absolutely see Jeremy choosing bougie money over a kid. And I have nothing to snark on, he’s making the choice that’s right for him. 

Or choosing mental health over a big family. Not everybody can cope with a bunch of children. Some people can't even cope with one, no matter money and resources. 

17 hours ago, Cam said:

With the recent photos I’ve seen of Jinger, she looks so thin and I wonder if body image would keep her from wanting another pregnancy. Or if her current physical shape would keep her from getting pregnant .

Please that is a body shaming statement. Being thin does not cause infertility. For a fertile woman to become infertile because her weight, an extreme malnourishment situation is needed. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

On 9/7/2023 at 2:48 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@Meggo yeah, sorry, it was for you.  It was more of a rhetorical question because it seems like if someone truly wants to rekindle a relationship they'd be reaching out and either acknowledging their contributions to ending it or asking about them to try and repair and mend if they were clueless.

My narc Sis exactly. Keeps trying to reach out through a relative thousands of miles away. Relative hasn’t a clue what it’s about really but suggested I write a letter. Narc sis has suddenly become the victim ( In her imagination). If she seriously doesn’t understand what she did to cause all contact to be cut then she can write a letter to me. Through her solicitor would be better. Sadly there are deluded people walking among us. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Please that is a body shaming statement. Being thin does not cause infertility. For a fertile woman to become infertile because her weight, an extreme malnourishment situation is needed. 

I don’t agree. Some studies show it can affect fertility in some women, not just severely malnourished ones. I’m not gonna argue the point. I don’t think I’m body shaming Jinger. She’s gone on record about having had an eating disorder. She may still have body issues. In this patriarchal world we live in where a female is often judged by her appearance, many women do. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Being underweight does affect fertility. I know because anovulation was the reason I needed fertility treatments for my first. My BMI was toward the bottom end of normal, so not underweight, but the nutritionist at the RE clinic said that for fertility purposes my BMI was considered low.

My weight was due to genetics because I bounced right back to the same weight after giving birth, and then when I hit age 30 a switch flipped and I started gaining weight.

I don’t know what’s going on with Jinger, but her husband comes from a small family right? I think they are both happy with their daughters. However for someone with an eating disorder in the past, her current environment (living in LA and attending their specific church) likely doesn’t provide her with a healthy perspective. 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Thank You 2

She looks healthy and happy to me.  Photos of her skiing, rock climbing and hiking don't seem to be staged for some elaborate show of health. 

They seem to show a woman who's got an active lifestyle and doesn't exhibit a high BMI.   Her hair looks healthy, as do her nails & skin.  Her cheeks & eyes aren't sunken.  I don't see signs of malnutrition.  

And I think the size of their family is nobody's business but theirs. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

My narc Sis exactly. Keeps trying to reach out through a relative thousands of miles away. Relative hasn’t a clue what it’s about really but suggested I write a letter. Narc sis has suddenly become the victim ( In her imagination). If she seriously doesn’t understand what she did to cause all contact to be cut then she can write a letter to me. Through her solicitor would be better. Sadly there are deluded people walking among us. 

Oh yes, DARVOing. I always enjoy a good reverse victim and offender. 

• Upvote 3

Given we now know that Jinger reads this board, speculating on her body seems gross to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I was slightly overweight as a kid.  The adults around me thought nothing of reminding me of that fact.  I sure would have hated the discussion about me on the internet.

Edited by kittykay
typo
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Weight is affected by so many factors--genetics, hormones, diet, activity level, medication, stress...so for the most part, I can't judge people on their weight if they are doing what they can. And a single snapshot into their life doesn't give you the whole picture. But when I see people knowingly and willfully abusing their body on a continual basis, then I get kinda judgy. 

Measure yourself if smiles and laughter, not inches and pounds.

33 minutes ago, kittykay said:

I was slightly overweight as a kid.  The adults around me thought nothing of reminding me of that fact.  I sure would have hated the discussion to on the internet.

I hate that. Stop saying that to kids. It's one thing to be concerned, it's another thing if you're just being a prick. You're an adult, act like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I hate to have to keep saying it, but in person jinger is the same size as my daughter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her size and no reason to speculate that it would impact any future conception or pregnancy.  It’s my opinion that the U S current average size being skewed overweight makes normal look skinny sometimes.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Weight is a terrible way to interpret health when it comes to eating disorders. Plenty of people die of malnutrition without their bodies conforming to what we believe their bodies should look like when having an eating disorder. In the not so recent past, these people would be refused treatment or diagnosed with an “atypical” eating disorder. If they did manage to access care, someone in a larger body might have been put on a weight loss meal plan despite trying to recover from a restrictive eating disorder and possibly being malnourished. 

Additionally, insurance is not required to cover the necessary care for eating disorders. This is why I, a person who is also a survivor of child sexual abuse and a 30+ year eating disorder, cannot access a partial program or a nutritionist and I’m currently trying to use a Reddit page for nutritional advice. 

It’s a mess. 

I sincerely hope Jinger is in perfect mental and physical health. If she isn’t I’d strongly encourage her to use some of her privilege and get herself the care she needs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 4
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, viii said:

Given we now know that Jinger reads this board, speculating on her body seems gross to me. 

There are many comments in the forum about thin (average) women being unhealthy and even suspected infertile because of their (average) weight. Being thin is absolutely normal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Weight is a terrible way to interpret health when it comes to eating disorders. Plenty of people die of malnutrition without their bodies conforming to what we believe their bodies should look like when having an eating disorder. In the not so recent past, these people would be refused treatment or diagnosed with an “atypical” eating disorder. If they did manage to access care, someone in a larger body might have been put on a weight loss meal plan despite trying to recover from a restrictive eating disorder and possibly being malnourished. 

Additionally, insurance is not required to cover the necessary care for eating disorders. This is why I, a person who is also a survivor of child sexual abuse and a 30+ year eating disorder, cannot access a partial program or a nutritionist and I’m currently trying to use a Reddit page for nutritional advice. 

It’s a mess. 

I sincerely hope Jinger is in perfect mental and physical health. If she isn’t I’d strongly encourage her to use some of her privilege and get herself the care she needs. 

I'm sorry. I agree, weight is a terrible way to interpret health, whether it comes to eating disorders or not. It's just generally an awful measuring stick, and personally I think there is no reason the average household should need bathroom scales and no benefit to the average person knowing their weight - they know what they're eating and can be educated on what a balanced diet looks like, they know how often they're moving and why regular activity is important. We don't do home blood tests to look for vitamin deficiencies or cholesterol levels every few weeks so why tf do we feel the need to step on a scale and measure if our weight has gone up or down?

I had an eating disorder that was diagnosed as "atypical" (7 years ago, so yes, not exactly "long past") because I didn't meet the underweight BMI requirements or amenorrhea. The only reason I got decent treatment was because I was admitted to a psych ward (while pregnant) for suicidal ideation and the staff there considered treating the eating disorder as an essential part of treating my depression. I'm sure people look at my body now and think it's "unhealthy" but the fact is when I looked "healthy" I was mentally drowning, had no energy, and more nutritional deficiencies than a 16th Century pirate.

But also, yes, Jinger's size/shape/weight is equally not an accurate measure of her health, and I would not be at all surprised if she stopped at 2 kids purely because that's as many as she and Jeremy want. It's a pretty typical family size.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 14

On 3/16/2024 at 9:37 AM, viii said:

It's gross even if she wasn't reading the board (which i doubt she does on any sort of regular basis).  People in liberal spaces know better than to speculate on someone's fertility due to obesity, so why is it OK for people to speculate on that when someone is in the "healthy" range of their BMI? It's weird. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

On 3/17/2024 at 4:53 PM, Smee said:

I'm sorry. I agree, weight is a terrible way to interpret health, whether it comes to eating disorders or not. It's just generally an awful measuring stick, and personally I think there is no reason the average household should need bathroom scales and no benefit to the average person knowing their weight - they know what they're eating and can be educated on what a balanced diet looks like, they know how often they're moving and why regular activity is important. We don't do home blood tests to look for vitamin deficiencies or cholesterol levels every few weeks so why tf do we feel the need to step on a scale and measure if our weight has gone up or down?

I had an eating disorder that was diagnosed as "atypical" (7 years ago, so yes, not exactly "long past") because I didn't meet the underweight BMI requirements or amenorrhea. The only reason I got decent treatment was because I was admitted to a psych ward (while pregnant) for suicidal ideation and the staff there considered treating the eating disorder as an essential part of treating my depression. I'm sure people look at my body now and think it's "unhealthy" but the fact is when I looked "healthy" I was mentally drowning, had no energy, and more nutritional deficiencies than a 16th Century pirate.

But also, yes, Jinger's size/shape/weight is equally not an accurate measure of her health, and I would not be at all surprised if she stopped at 2 kids purely because that's as many as she and Jeremy want. It's a pretty typical family size.

I hope you're in a better place now. No one has the right to judge you. Big hugs. Do you.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:13 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

It’s a mess. 

I hear you. I hope you're doing well. I'm not a nutritionist but I try to keep up with science-based nutritional and health information and I try to cook healthy and eat well. If I can help in any way, feel free to DM me. Take care.

All of you, actually -- take care of yourselves. You're good people and I appreciate you. BMI charts and people's opinions aren't worth shit. I just hope we can all be kind to ourselves and I know we're all doing the best we can. WHICH IS GOOD ENOUGH.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Love 6